Start by marking “Lady Mechanika Volume 1 (Lady Mechanika, #0-5)” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika Volume 1 (Lady Mechanika, #0-5)

Lady Mechanika Volume 1

(Lady Mechanika Volumes #1)

Discover a beautifully illustrated steampunk world of airships, monsters, and one courageous but haunted heroine…

The tabloids dubbed her “Lady Mechanika,” the sole survivor of a mad scientist’s horrific experiments which left her with mechanical limbs. Having no memory of her captivity or her former life, Lady Mechanika eventually built a new life for herself a
Published November 18th 2015 by Benitez Productions

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I freaking loved this graphic novel. The art work is amaze balls! I loved the story line. Lady Mechanika is trying to find out what happened to make her what she is today. She's also fights the good fight for any evil out there. This is steampunk awesomeness =)

I will leave a few pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Two of them I took myself from my book and you can tell. Lol, enjoy!

Fin
Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒
Super Cool Comics!!!!

Never read steampunk before and never thought I would like it. When I saw the cover of this comic on NetGalley I said to myself why not give it a try as the cover looks promising. The artist who could draw so good must have an interesting story to tell. And I wasn't disappointed a bit.

Oh my God the artwork!
I can look at the artwork for hours and hours. The illustration, the detailing, the colors are all just so so amazing.

And the story! Too good!
The story is full o/>
Chad
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was beyond boring. Very little action. Mostly just people talking in steampunk outfits. So. Much. dialogue. I actually nodded off a few times. I liked the character designs. Benitez is a talented artist. However, he needs to study real female anatomy some more. I'm guessing Lady Mechanika became a cyborg to help hold those comicly large breasts up.

Received an advance copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Jo
Lady Mechanika was for the most part, a dollop of lighthearted fun. I think if I'd read this say, fifteen years ago, I might have enjoyed it more. This wasn't terrible, but I feel like I've read better.
The artwork is pretty, and I'm a huge fan of steampunk. I liked the fact that this is about a lady cyborg that strives to fight crime, leaving a trail of badassery behind her. Lady Mechanika herself, has some amazing outfits, some I'd love to wear myself, and, at the end of this comic, we ge
Mel (Epic Reading)
I can't tell you how awesome it is to finally read a full Lady Mechanika series!! Started in 2010 this series never got a fair publishing shot as it was infrequent and never completed. Kudos to Joe Benitez for never letting this series and character fall into oblivion.

To read this review and more please visit my blog at Epic Reading

For those who are not big comic fans let me assure you while these are comics there is a lot of story here. This set of 6 comics probably has more writing than a f
Gabrielle
This comic has so much stuff that I love in it: steampunk machines, awesome Victorian outfits, a freaking circus!

The Lady Mechanika is a famous huntress, who was once the subject of a gruesome experiment that resulted in her arms and legs being replaced by mechanical limbs and that changed her eyes to creepy black and red peepers. In this story, she investigates the death of a young girl with similar mechanical apparatus for arms, in the hopes of also figuring out who grafted her art
Malum
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
2.5 stars.
Breathtaking artwork marred by a plodding story. This book is further hindered by long infodumps and monologues that only serve to slow the story down even more.
Montzalee Wittmann
Lady Mechanika The Complete Volume 1: The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse created, written and drawn by Joe Benitez is super creative! The story is amazing, the plot is great, characters are well developed, and the graphics are stunning! This is a graphic novel and it goes above and beyond most graphic novels. The graphics are large and gorgeous! Wonderful colors, clear, and fonts match the steampunk theme. Text is easy to read also. This is a novel in every sense of the word- long, great plot, ...more
Amanda
Provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

If I were about 15, I think I'd have enjoyed Lady Mechanika a lot more. It's pretty, and steampunk, and has a badass lady cyborg whole fights crime. But I've read too many amazing graphic novels (just in the past year alone!) to be able to overlook its underwhelmingness.

Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible! It's kind of fun, if slight. But.

* can we move past Badass ladies with cartoonishly swollen balloon tits? I refuse to use the words
Jeannette Nikolova
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

*** 3.5, but not enough for 4 ***

I enjoyed Lady Mechanika a lot more than I did Wraithborn. Considering my immense disappointment with the latter, I was almost scared to start Lady Mechanika.

But as I received both of these, and the 2nd volume of Lady Mechanika, from NetGalley, I had to finish it. I am glad I had this incentive, because ultimately, Lady Mechanika is by far better than Wraithborn.

Lady Mechanika is the epitome of steampunk. Everything about it is highly detailed and intricate. If you look at the illustrations, you would noWraithborn.
Lady
Melania 🍒
2,75/5

I couldn’t believe how poorly written this is. Those boring words on such beautiful illustrations, such a pity. For the record, I read all of the 4 volumes only because the art is stunning.
Cathy
Steampunk, people with mechanical parts, airships... Set in the British Empire, presumably in the Victorian Era.

Plot:

I found the plot pretty confusing at first. Also it felt as if I was missing part of the story from an epilogue or previous volume. I did not find the dialogues interesting and lost interest in the story fairly quickly. But that's on me, it wasn't really my thing.

Nice little cliffhanger at the end.

Artwork:

Nice page-sized
Diana
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the first pages we learn of lady Mechanika, a half human half mechanical woman who remembers nothing of how she came to be this amalgamation of human and machine. She is unique on the world, but soon "replicas" begin to appear, but they don't seem to last very long. She begans to follow their trail, but it runs cold as the last girl appears to be dead from gunshots injuries, and recovering her body only leads to encounters with people from Mechanika's past.

Her travels following mo
Corrie
Lady Mechanika, The Complete Volume 1: The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse is like a Steampunk wet dream. Our heroine Lady Mechanika, a complex and kick-ass character with a troubled and mysterious past, is pure eye candy in both looks and outfits as she poses her attributes all over the page. Of course she is unrealistically blessed in the boob and leg department but that’s part of the appeal. Joe Benítez did an amazing job. The artwork is simply stunning and gorgeously detailed. The storyline has plenty of action, ...more
Kim
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The art work was absolutely beautiful in this graphic novel. I enjoyed the mystery elements and the steampunk world this story was set in. Am definitely interested in seeing where this story takes us in volume 2. I received a free copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Graham Bradley
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BREATHTAKING!!! The artwork! The characters! The mood! The humor! This one came out of nowhere and propelled itself into my top 5 graphic novel series of all-time. It's right up there with Skullkickers, Bone, and Atomic Robo in terms of how much I loved it. Sign me up for round two!
Florin Pitea
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent graphic works. Witty dialogue. Fast-paced plot. "Lady Mechanica vol. 1" belongs on the top shelf of steampunk graphic novels. I'm looking forward to reading volume 2.
Albert
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 1: the Mystery of Mechanical Corpse by Joe Benitez brings back the unique and incredibly well written tale of everyone's favorite Victorian England Steampunk hero. Beautifully illustrated, this collection is sure to create another generation of fans to join the cult following Lady Mechanika already enjoys.

She is Lady Mechanika, the lone survivor of a mad scientist's experiments, which left her with mechanical limbs. She has no memory of her former life and finds
Michelle Morrell
One star: The dialogue (clunky)
Two stars: The plot (vague)
Three stars: Lady Mechanika, Vol 1 (a good start)
Four stars: The art (gorgeous)
Five stars: Steampunk outfits of gloriousness (WANT)

Lady Mechanika lives in the city of Mechanika, conveniently enough. Riding her notoriety as an adventuress (and don't forget, cyborg), she is a feminist icon in a male dominated world, trying to track down her origins and regain her missing memory, all while kicking much ass
Bambi Hyde
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up at my local comic shop after seeing a video comistorian did on it. It's a steampunk mystery and I really enjoyed the story and will continue with it. It's very well written and the art is amazing. In fact the story is 3.5 stars and the art is 5 stars. The line work and the details in every panel are breath taking. The neutrals and dark colors really lend to the atmosphere of the book, and give it a sooty and gloomy feel. I would definitely recommend this, if only for the art.
Natália
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
oh my...the vol. 0 is a 5 star rating, I loved it so much, but the rest of it...just didn't get me. The artwork is the strongest point, there are so many details and they are all so gorgeous.
C.T. Phipps
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk, comics
LADY MECHANIKA is a steampunk comic book set in an alternate universe version of London and starring an amnesiac cyborg Lara Croft EXPY. If this in any way intrigues you then you are probably like me since it is an absolutely fabulous series. I'm a huge fan of steampunk and love the industrial revolution setting where science fiction, superstition, and craziness abound.

Lady Mechanika is a wonderful character and one that is likely to appeal to male as well as female readers. While still beautif
Erika
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping that I would be able to recommend this book to teens who enjoyed the Levithan series, Blood+, or even readers for steam punk chicklit. Judging only from the first volume in this series, it may miss the mark for some, but if you are interested in steam punk and manga's like blood+ I would certainly give it a shot. I wish that more had been done with the female protagonist. I was really hopeful from the opening pages with the first altercation creature in the beginning, it showed a lo ...more
Greyson Richter | Use Your Words
Lady Mechanika Series Ratings:
Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte #1: ★★★★★
Lady Mechanika, Vol.1: ★★★★★
Lady Mechanika Vol. 2:: TBR

I loved it!

I read this book as part of my 2018 Library Love binge, where I read as many library books as possible to take advantage of m
Josh
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I picked this one up knowing basically nothing about it - dramatic cover, cool steampunk vibe, plus I heard someone say it was good. I didn't know much more going in.

Turns out, it really was good. With vibrant and engaging art as well as a rich and well-developed storyline, "Lady Mechanika" offers a very strong read and (to me) seemed notably developed for a comic. It's funny. It's got adventure. It takes place on a large scale, but doesn't forget the struggles and successes of the c
Sacha Valero
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this as a gift from a younger family member who reads a ton of graphic novels and I have to admit I really liked it.

The artwork is stunning and beautiful, and the story moves along at a quick pace. I've already purchased the second volume. The story line is cool and we even get a trained circus monkey causing some chaos when needed.
Madi
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this is a stupid reason to dock a star on a graphic novel but god damn this was wordy. The art is so beautiful but there was so much unnecessary dialogue on each page that I swear it over took the art. Ugh. Otherwise I'm loving the world and I'm super interested to see where the story goes.
Steve
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Very entertaining and engaging, and spectacular artwork. Some might say that this volume is very wordy, and it is, but the wordiness is vital to understanding the plot. At any rate, I'll keep reading this series.
Ari
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable plot, gorgeous art and quite often entertaining dialogue. I'm glad I finally picked up this comic and I'm ready to dig into Vol. 2.
Jenny Clark
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful art, great world building and characters and a fast fast plot!

• 28 Days Later, Vol. 4: Gangwar
  • Princess Ugg Vol. 1
  • Coyotes, Vol. 1
  • Tales of Death and Dementia
  • A Fall of Stardust
Joe Benítez is an American comic book artist who has worked on such titles as "JLA", "Superman/Batman", "Detective Comics", "Supergirl", and "Titans" for DC Comics and "The Darkness" for Image Comics. He also co-created and penciled the sci-fi series "Weapon Zero" and the dark fantasy mini-series "Magdalena: Blood Divine" for Image. In 2005, Joe published his first creator-owned mini-series "Wrait ...more

Lady Mechanika Volumes (5 books)
  • Lady Mechanika Vol. 2: The Tablet of Destinies