Start by marking “Turquoiseblood” as Want to Read:
Turquoiseblood

Turquoiseblood

When the dangerous rogue dragon Anya crash lands in an isolated mountain village during a snowstorm, Kiri saves her life. Anya awakens seemingly cured of her madness and in thanks offers to show Kiri the country outside her village. Kiri seizes the opportunity.

At the royal court, Kiri learns that the construction of the Great Mountain Road has opened the way to dangerous m
Published February 11th 2016 by First Edition Design Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Turquoiseblood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turquoiseblood

Start your review of Turquoiseblood
Lindsey Loree
Cecelia Isaac moves readers so elegantly between two timelines, hundreds of years apart, that you don’t feel the seams of her storytelling. I was absorbed and pulled into the pages, scarcely realizing that time was also passing by in the real world. The story opens with a young, illiterate woman named Kiri whose snow white skin and white hair make her an outcast in her mountain town. A brutal and short life is all she has to look forward to until the mighty force of a crazed dragon crashes into ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not one but two tenacious heroines!
Dual timelines!
Splintery wit!
Political intrigue!
Magical magic!
Mountains and castles and fire and ice!
Murder and suspense and twists and McGuffins!
Oh yeah... and DRAGONS.

I was captivated from chapter one.
Jaffa Kintigh
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In a word--brilliant. This novel deftly weaves 2 narratives of adopted albino women separated by 200 years but joined by their shared ostracism, small country and their involvement in trying to solve murderous political machinations during their respective eras. Each thread is its own political thriller touching on like locations and motivations across mountainous Rak.

Nothing about this premise should work. And yet it slays. Each thread reverberates through the other without compromising itself.
Fiona Titchenell
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Basics:

When Kiri, a young woman from a backwoods mountain village, saves the life of Anya, a dragon suffering a fit of Turquoiseblood madness, the two embark on a quest to get to the bottom of what happened to her. The mystery runs deeper than either of them knows, leading them from the outlying villages, to the castle ruins of the once powerful League, to the heart of the royal court.

Long ago but not far away, Pristina Aikaterine, daughter of the League, tries to root out a traitor and qu
Andrea Lundgren
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is a basically a Fantasy murder mystery with dragons and a very scientific sort of magic. There's political intrigue and adventure, but not a great deal of epic fights or cultural diversity (no elves, trolls, goblins, etc.; it seems to be just humans and dragons). But it does have its fair share of action and adventure shared between dual storylines (we get to read about the events in the past as they influence the present, the two taking turns unfolding as we read). Overall, it was a very ...more
Natasha
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cecelia did a great job. I don't often read high fantasy but this was a great adventure, enough so it took only a few hours to finish. I just could not put it down, even at work! She did a fantastic job of switching between timelines as well, something maybe George R.R. Martin should look into. I really hope to see a sequel.
Christin
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been overdue to read a new good fantasy book, and Turquioseblood did not disappoint. Really beautiful world and character building across two timelines. Even though it's marketed for YA, I think there's something for adults to appreciate as well. Read it!
Lora
Feb 22, 2016
Miranda Watton
Feb 23, 2016
Cecelia Isaac
Feb 25, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-novels
Stephanie Kelly
Sep 13, 2016
alice
Oct 06, 2016
I’m a Minnesota-based fantasy writer with a novel, TURQUOISEBLOOD, out now. My second novel, DANA, is out to beta readers!

Why am I taking so long between books? I'm a founding partner of F-BOM, the Feminist Book of the Month. We promote indie women authors of science fiction and fantasy, bringing them out of the Amazon slush pile and into the hands of readers hungry for diversity! Learn more about