Start by marking “Unlawful Desire” as Want to Read:
Unlawful Desire

Unlawful Desire

(Men of Clayton-Moss #1)

Their deepest secret could be their destruction…or their salvation.

Curvy ex-submissive Annabella Clayton has no problem taking charge in the boardroom, or the bedroom. But as the future head of a major real estate empire in the small town of Clayton-Moss, she has to keep her life as a Domme under wraps. When greedy land developer Jake Scalder threatens to ruin her fathe
Published (first published December 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Unlawful Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlawful Desire

Katherine
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow oh wow

Ok let's start with full disclosure, I was gifted a copy of this book by the author in exchange for a honest review.

Now let's get to the review

Firstly Adhere to the warning if you have triggers esspecially around rape play or other forms of consensual non consent this is not a book for you, me on the other hand have no triggers and I loved it.

Raven throws punches from the first page and that's just the way I like it. You feel for Ella the moment you set foot in her world and it only
Lauren Dean
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 18+
Recommended to Lauren by: Raven Dark Author
Ok so here goes.....

I would recommend this book for anyone 18+ who is interested in reading BDSM, HOWEVER I will say, if you have any triggers for example Rough sex, rape play or violence I would suggest you do not read this book...

In this book we meet Ella Clayton, current Domme, former submissive and heir to Clayton Enterprises.
6 years after he left town ex-boyfriend, Ella's former Dom Rock McCarthy is back, right around the time Ella stars getting hassled by Real Estate developer Jake Scalder
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and I can honestly say that this is one smokin' hot read!

Rhonda Tolley
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I was fortunate enough to win an ARC for my honest review. I fell in love! Ella is a very strong female character, which I love. She lives in a small town where everyone knows everyone. She comes from a founding family of the town so she has a certain standard that her family hold her to.

Rock..oh Rock... he is the sexy, leather wearing Dom. He comes from a "lower" class of society. He has went through hell. Two completely different people, but the chemistry is enough to melt your kindle! Ok any
LLEP  Book Blog
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best BDSM books I've read to date.

That was my first thought after my first beta read of Unlawful Desire. An intense, sexy as hell, hot and dirty read about two very strong characters, Rock and Ella. Did I mention I'm a total #RockFanGirl?

Ella is an ex submissive turned Domme who is now back in the company of her Dom, Rock, where she pushes all his buttons with her confident and sassy attitude and bratty playfullness in the bedroom, the chemistry between these two is undeniable. I lo
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review...
This is the first book of Ravens that i have read and i will certainly be reading more.
The book is written fantastically with twists and a fab plot the whole way through that keeps you hooked. The characters are strong and work well.....
Keep up the fab work Raven.......you are now on my followed authors!!
Dottie
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Dark approached Jenn and asked her if we’d like to review her newest book, Unlawful Desire. Jenn forwarded the synopsis to me to see if I’d be interested in reading/reviewing it and I decided it sounded intriguing and told her I’d be happy to read it. I’m glad I did. Its release date is just around the corner too; so as of December 15, you too can experience this dynamic couple!
I know, I know, if you’ve read the synopsis, you might be worried. I hesitated for a moment as well – the ravishmen
Jocelyn Sanchez
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any books by Raven Dark before, but this book was excellent. I've never read a book about a Domme before, so that alone was interesting and fun to read about. Annabella was a strong, funny, and fun heroine to read about. It was intriguing to see how much strength she had and then seeing her give herself up to Rock and just let go. Both show such different sides to her, but added to her character all the more. I loved her character! And Rock? As soon as he entered the book, I was i ...more
Lucky13acgmail.Com
First, full disclosure, I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

So honestly, overall I enjoyed this book. I found it to be well written with strong likable characters. There is a stong BDSM theme and if you do not enjoy that or find some behaviors to be triggers or extreme take that into consideration before purchasing. Personally, I did not find anything that would be a trigger or offensive. There was name calling and some concensual forced interactions, but the scenes were obviously agreed up
Nicola Puttick
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was kindly gifted an arc for an honest review.

Wow if you like dirty talking, rough hot sex, then I would recommend this book for you, although if rape play or rough sex is a trigger then I would advise against reading.

We are first introduced to Ella Clayton, second in command and heir to Clayton Enterprises. Ella is a former submissive turned domme after experiencing a bad scene as a submissive.
During an argument with her sister, Ella learns about the return of her ex boyfriend and ex dominant
Barbara
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of Unlawful Desire for an honest review. This was my first book to read by Raven Dark and I doubt it will be my last!

This is an adult 18 book that follows a great storyline! It's the first in the Men of Clayton-Moss series. The story involves Rock (the town bad-boy as a teenager) and his girl - the daughter of one of the cities founding families who of course many feel is too good for the likes of Rock! But they managed to remain a couple until the day Rock just up an
Amaia
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC for an honest review.
So let's begin....
This book is not intended for people under 18 and those who don't like dirty talk and/or rough sex. It also has a mild ravishment scene that can trigger unpleasant memories so please be warned.

For those of us with no problem with the warning let us continue...

In Unlawful Desire I found myself immerse in a world where Ella, our heroine, is in charge of almost everything including her sex life. She's an ex-submissive and a Domme, with a fam
Alyssa Ingram
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Now that that's out of the way, this book was pretty hot!! I love a good BDSM book and this had plenty of it. Ella is a Domme and a badass one. She's also an ex-sub and refuses to be one again. I really felt bad for Ella. From the first chapter, she stuck in a family that wasn't very accepting of her kink. And they really hate Rock...And then he shows up.

He's a bad boy lawyer and used to be her Dom & boyfriend years ago. Rock wa
Wendy Livingstone
I received and ARC of this book by the author for an honest review.
I have not read any previous work by this author, but this will definitely not be the last!! This book is not intended for readers under 18, and those who do not like reading about rough sex / dirty talk.
There is a strong BDSM theme so if you suffer from certain triggers this book is not for you. I did not find this to be in any way offensive and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There are some really hot sex scenes but all of the
Crystal
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review**

Raven is a author and I'm so excited she is finally publishing her work. I believe she is one of the most talented authors I have ever read! I read at least a book a day and I have loved every book I have read from her.

I liked this book so much because it was ALMOST a 2nd chance book because it is with people who had once been together but the difference is they had amicably broken it off because they were at different places in th
Judy Miracle
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Raven Dark book and wow.. it was sexy and hot as hell!!! Rock and Ella… hmm

Ella is an ex submissive who has turned Domme. Shes a powerful woman who will be taking over her fathers company but she has issues with her BDSM lifestyle and the shame it brings her for those who know about it. With someone out to take everything she holds close and dear to her she must to turn to the one person she thought she would never see again…. Rock…

Rock came from the wrong side of the tracks. H
BeautyandtheBooks
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into this book blind. I accepted the offer to read and review it. This was really a great read. The plot took a while to unfold, but it was seriously hot. There are a lot of erotic scenes in this book, and I found myself smiling ALOT. Naughty smirks I think would be a better description. Rock and Ella both have to learn to trust again after some sad things happen to each of them. It was hard to believe they spent so many years apart. Once he came back everything just fell into place. They ...more
Rebecca Buck
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story line and plot with strong characters. Right from the beginning you could feel the connection between Rock and Ella. Only thing is that they have to learn to trust one another again in their relationship. I haven't read to many BDSM books, but I loved this one. I was not disappointed in this HOT story. You can feel the passion and emotions in Raven's writing. I was hooked from the beginning until the end. I can not wait to read the next book.
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as an ARC. What an exciting read, I thoroughly enjoyed this book it had great characters and a terrific storyline, and it was easy to read.It has a lot of surprises. Annabelle meets up with her old boyfriend Rock and a whirlwind romance follows along with a nasty person trying to take over her fathers company. I am not going to give anymore spoilers but am going to say I had trouble putting the book down, I would recommend this book to anyone
Julia Clare
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my 1st Raven Dark book and I am looking forward to the next. I liked the story line wasn't the typical long lost lovers and that they had both grown in their BDSM lifestyle. Besides the romance there is a thrilling and danger aspect. When a seedy bussiness man will stop at nothing to get what he wants!
Amanda Perrie
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted an advance copy for an honest review. Being the first book by Raven Dark I have read so didn't know what to expect. I can tell you I was not disappointed, this story was HOT!!! Strong characters & storyline that flows well with plot twists.
Thank you, Raven, for giving me the honour of reading Unlawful Desire early. I definitely recommend this book.
Marcie Wegner
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like BDSM books, then this may be the book for you. I was engrossed in the story from the first page. Not only were the sex scenes hot, but the story had an interesting plot and the characters had depth. I will be on the lookout for more books by this author because this was a great read and highly recommend it.
Rebecca
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bbw
Curvy Annabella is thrown back into the arms of her former Dom when Rock McCarthy comes back to town. He's there to help with the horrible land developer Scalder trying to take away her father's company.
It's full of suspense, Drama, sexy times and has a great HEA. Can't wait for book number 2 in the series.
I was thrilled to receive an ARC for my honest review.
yohanna baez
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book.I love the characters,there is a lot of drama and great sex scenes.
Rock is a dirty talker i love it.
this book is full of BDSM scenes i really enjoy it.

I received an ARC of this book for an honest review
Cally
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first time i have read from this author and it wont be the last, I was lucky enough that i won this book in a competition in return for a review on my honest opinion.

We meet Annabella Clayton she is a strong feisty woman who do will whatever it takes to save her dad's company from the twisted and sleazy land developer Jake Scalder who will not stop till he's destroyed Annabella's dad's business.

Unfortunately they all live in the small town of Clayton-Moss where even if you sneezed pe
Cheryl   Graham-Petit

This is my first book by Raven Dark and it most definitely won't be the last. From the very first paragraph, Ms. Dark had me in her grasp and held me captive until the very end and even then I wanted more. The story is well thought out, flows smoothly, and keeps you interested. The characters are intriguing and you can't help but feel their struggles. Unlawful Desire is addict
Katherine
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a story!!!

So I knew the scenes would be hot, but what surprised me the most was the characters and the plot. Each character is well defined and is allowed to have their feelings and points of view expressed in such a way that you feel for each character in each circumstance.

with a sexy strong female who may submit in the bed room but holds her own out of it, and a dominate male who will do what ever it takes to get what he wants the story base line was perfect already. Throw in a crazy pers
Marcy Turney
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I could not put it down. I loved that it was STEAMY AND SEXY but also passionate. The best part is that it also had a story to it that didn't have anything to do with sex. I look a book that has passion but also has a story to it and this book had both. Now if your not into bdsm then this book is not for you.
This is one of the best books I have ever read! I will say it is for 18 and older. It's full of HOT sex, dirty talk, romance and suspense. I have read this book numerous times and it gets better each time! Rock is seriously sexy and my permanent book boyfriend. I would recommend this book to anyone. I can't wait to read book two!!!!
Amanda Griffith
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super hot book!

This book turned up the heat but not over the top bdsm. Loved the story line of this well written boom.
As a young girl Raven Dark dreamed of being abducted by a savage alien warrior, whisked away by a brutal pirate, or rescued by a cape-bearing hero. When none of these men came to claim her, she brought them to life in her stories. Then ten years ago she met the man of her dreams. He doesn't wear a cape, fly a spaceship, or wield a sword, but sometimes she swears they've mind melded.

Raven lives wit