Start by marking “Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy: An Original Jane Bond Parody” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy: An Original Jane Bond Parody

Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy: An Original Jane Bond Parody

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  215 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Sometimes the Best Bond for a Job is a Jane ... Jane Bond.
"What's the story on Bond?"
"Your man is a homicidal depressive paranoiac," the doctor reported.
"I know that. I want to know what's wrong with him!
And be straight with me, man. No medical mumbo jumbo."
"He's lost his nerve."N. had suspected as much. After a long while spent staring at the jagged skyline of London, N.
Published July 3rd 2001 by Dey Street Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy

Rachel
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a perfect book to read after reading a book you ended up hating.
Peggy
Aug 14, 2007 rated it liked it
In 1953, Ian Fleming wrote Casino Royale, creating British master spy James Bond. In the next 11 years, Fleming would write 14 books detailing the adventures of the suave and sexy international spy. In the 60’s, Clyde Allison (the pseudonym of William Henry Knoles) would publish 20 sexy parodies featuring agent 0008 in titles such as Sadisto Royale, For Your Sighs Only, and, my personal favorite, Platypussy. Although the Bond films have been parodied recently, no one has recently parodied the bo ...more
Stef Rozitis
I feel like giving it 5 stars because of how much I enjoyed tearing through this book and how much I looked forward to coming home after work to keep reading. It's not just that I like queer books, cat ladies and humour but it is that the particular humour in this book is so nasty and sarcastic (and definitely left-wing feminist) that it was just one big self-indulgent dark-chocolate truffle of an experience reading it (and trying not to laugh loud enough to startle the cat or annoy my son).

The
Lauren
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely. Rarely does a book make me laugh out loud the way KTGAMTS did. The book is a fast paced, witty romp through a fictional 1960's England involving a group of undercover spies dressed as make-up sales girls, the queen of England, and an unlikely heroine (who is incidentally James Bond's twin sister). The cast of characters, though some have merely guest appearances, are all entertaining and humorous. I ended up really adoring the lead character, Jane Bond, and her sar ...more
Rachel
Sep 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
The build up before the middle of the novel is really quite good. The focus on Jane, her relationship, Agent Pumpernickel, and Edwina is nicely paced and constantly interesting. Maney's use of breaking up scenes by setting and time can be quite clever and more enjoyable than simple chapter sections.
However, the novel loses a lot of momentum after Jane's mission (I'd even say midmission) and the story falls apart from there. I was 35 pages from the end and I couldn't finish it. It was just too di
Jordan Funke
Apr 21, 2008 rated it liked it
This book had some laugh out loud moments, especially around some queer culture stuff. James Bond is unavailable to meet the queen (tied to a bed in an asylum) and the British Secret Service won't admit defeat. So they hire Jane (James's womanizing lesbian twin sister) to impersonate him. Bloopers ensue. There's lots of lesbian relationship drama. And who doesn't love GEORGIE, a secret spy agency of women whose purpose is to prevent the men from ruining the world? The author also wrote some spoo ...more
PVPA Library
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Lauren Miliotis
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
A disappointment reading this after reading A Ghost in the Closet by the same author... that was a lot more fun. This one felt like it dragged on forever, but at least I learned something as an author; this type of story shouldn't have been written in a diary format :P

Two stars was probably generous, I can't remember the last time I was actually desperate to finish a book :/

*shameless self plug* Read my long review here! http://laurensplayground.wordpress.co...
Rebecca Fowell
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this book. I have never read any James Bond novels so I can't compare style or plot etc. However as a parody it is very funny, and the character's are very likeable. The structure of the book is a simple layout and is not bogged down by heavy description, instead the focus is dialogue weaving comedy throughout. Jane Bond is a great character, stumbling into the spy game with her dry wit due to her twin brother James causing trouble again. It does what it says on the tin, a great read if y ...more
J.M.
Apr 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt
This book was a lot of fun. Very campy, but very much a parody of the whole James Bond franchise. This author is apparently one for parody ~ her other books are a series of mysteries involving a teen sleuth named Nancy Clue.

I'm not a fan of mysteries by any definition, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept me turning the page until I reached the end, and I would definitely read another in this series.
Shelley
Feb 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2010, queer
I got a Powell's gift card for my birthday, and my original intention was to spend the whole thing on stickers. When I got to Powell's, though, I discovered that their sticker selection was not what I remembered. My backup plan was to spend my gift card on trashy lesbian fiction, so I bought this book. I did not think that it was as good as the Nancy Clue books, but it was reasonably entertaining. I found the characters to be pretty likeable, but the plot to be sort of boring.
Nicole
Oct 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
So, one of my friends picked this up for $1 at a used book sale on a whim, and it's actually quite good. It really doesn't have all that much to do with the James Bond franchise at all, other than a few jokes (my personal favorite being "Amalgamated Widget" instead of "Universal Exports"); mostly it's just an amusing, campy mystery. Definitely good vacation reading!
Ariel
It's a James Bond parody novel featuring lesbian lushes and a top-secret group of makeup-selling spies. If that sounds awesome to you, you'll love it. If it sounds stupid, don't pick it up. I liked it; it was a decent parody with cute characters, and good for what it was, but hardly a work of fine literature. But again, lesbian James Bond funny spy novel. What did you expect?
Shannon Luchies
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Re-read. Cute, funny book about Jane Bond, sister of the more notorious James, who gets tangled up in 007 business when her brother goes missing.

Very deadpan, MOSTLY played straight (heh) with a very swinging sixties feel. Some of the naming puns and such get a bit much, but it's all at least chuckle worthy.
Mrs. Schonour
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parody-comedy
This is a mature book about what James Bond's sister would be like if she had to pretend to be her brother. It's entertaining, but written by a British author so you have to appreciate British humor. I'd compare it to Monty Python.
Mike
Mar 01, 2008 marked it as to-read
I saw this in the Children's section of a Goodwill store. I felt it was my civic duty to buy it so that little kids wouldn't question why the lady was kissing all the other ladies. I mean to read it soon, but that's going to be a problem what with my giant list of books I need to read.
Tatiana
Nov 10, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lez
she missed the mark with jane bond, i think. the girls actually have sex in these, as opposed to the nancy drew books, but it's not as fun. i think without the tongue-in-cheek 50's element it lacks that spark.
Red
Nov 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, funny
fun, silly, sexy, exciting, and utterly immersible. I love the whole series!
Amy
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it
An interesting, although predictable, take on the James Bond stories.
Lana
Mar 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Oh, what the heck. Quick read, brain candy.
Dawn
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I love these Jane Bond books, they are hilarious. Sadly not every library carries them.
kate
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbtq, grownup
Completely arbitrary end date - I know I read (and loved!) this novel when I was a junior or senior in high school.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Yes, this finally came in.

Edit: This was good at first, but after awhile it was meh for me. Not bad just so-so.
yengyeng
One of the better Bond parodies I have read.
Hawthorn
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really loved the Nancy Drew parodies. This was cute, but not nearly as subversive or fun as those.
AJ
Feb 21, 2008
Cathy
Jul 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Lois Lenz, Lesbian Secretary (Career-Girl, #1)
  • Three Wishes
  • Apparition Alley (Kate Delafield, #6)
  • Lesbian Cowboys: Erotic Adventures
  • Innuendo (Todd Mills Mystery, #5)
  • Mistress No More
  • Broken Shield
  • Empathy
  • I Am a Woman
  • A Hole in the World
  • I'll Be Leaving You Always (Lauren Laurano, #2)
  • Schooled
  • The Door into Sunset (Tale of the Five, #3)
  • Sugar
  • Killer Blonde (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #3)
  • A Seahorse Year
  • Wild Girls: Paris, Sappho, and Art: The Lives and Loves of Natalie Barney and Romaine Brooks
  • The Secret of Spring
Mabel Maney is an artist and author from San Francisco, California known for her lesbian pulp fiction. She is the author of the Nancy Clue series, a lesbian parody of the Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames, and Hardy Boys series. More recently, she is the author of the "Jane Bond" novels, a series of parodies of James Bond. Mabel's short fiction can also be found the humor anthology "May Contain Nuts".

Maney

• Ilsa: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Whisper Beach
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Isabella: Braveheart of France
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Queen of Swords (Wilderness, #5)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99