Start by marking “Planets (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World” as Want to Read:
Planets (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World

Planets (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World

(Lego Nonfiction)

Blast off with the LEGO(R) minifigures through our solar system and beyond! See incredible stars and planets and find out the latest space facts--from water on Mars to Planet X. The LEGO minifigures put the fun into facts. You'll find great LEGO building ideas, too!

LEGO(R) minifigures show you the world in a unique nonfiction program. This book is part of a program of LEGO
Published June 28th 2016 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Planets (LEGO Nonfiction), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Planets (LEGO Nonfiction)

Start your review of Planets (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
Mama Bibliosoph
My sons both love LEGOs. They weren't DUPLO lovers, but as soon as they discovered LEGO Junior kits, LEGO videos, and the LEGO movies, they were all in. Now, LEGO early readers are favorite solo reads. My son Harry picked out Planets: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World in the gift shop at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum and barely let go of it for days. It does an amazing job of combining these favorite building toys with real-world photography, lots of facts about planets, and LEGO ...more
Paula
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, clear, clear-group
Capitalizing on the popularity of LEGOs, Scholastic has paired the models and minifigures with real-world adventures to create a new reading program with mixed success. In Planets, slightly older readers join the LEGO minifigures on a journey through the solar system and beyond, where they encounter incredible stars and planets, find out the latest space facts, and find LEGO building ideas. The main problem I have with the books in this series are the layout - they are extremely busy and ...more
Miranda Eaton
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great addition to my literature set for a comprehension unit teaching first-graders to make connection to themselves, their world, and other texts. This non-fiction book is bright and exciting as it intrigues young students with its involvement of legos as they learn about the Solar System.
Jen Van Fleet
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
From Kyndel: This books gives lots of facts about stars, planets, and things launched into space. If you want this book for a space lesson, you’ll have to check this book out. It’s cool and gives lots of space facts!
Laura McLoughlin
Lots of quality informaiton about space here, plus some silly LEGO related humor. This book was published in 2016 and has up to date info about ISS as well as various satelites, probes, and telescopes. I have been impressed with both LEGO nonfiction books we have read so far.
Sue
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Appropriate format for children.. I like the lego building suggestions throughout the book.
Marie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Nice images, brief facts, and entertaining lego interjections. Great for kids who like legos and space like my six-year-old.
Angela Blount
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Originally reviewed for YA Books Central: http://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsnon...

In this informative introductory guide, LEGO borrows heavily from NASA images and taps a comic-style to walk kids through our solar system—and beyond.

Planet stats include: Material composition, Distance from the sun, number of probe missions, and notation on any existing moons or rings. Most planets receive at least a two-page spread, although Uranus and Neptune share presentation space. Sections are also devoted
Becky
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016reviews
Planets is one of the first books in a Lego-themed nonfiction series published by Scholastic. The series is being marketed as "a Lego adventure in the real world."

What I liked about this one:

I enjoyed the nonfiction narrative text. The main narrative text keeps things moving. Just a few sentences per page. Each two-page spread features more text: side bars, charts, captions for photographs, etc.

I enjoyed the layout. Big, bright, bold, colorful photographs.

I enjoyed two out of the three Lego
Cori
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
more educational, non-fiction still cool
Joanna
Jun 23, 2017
Brennan
Aug 29, 2018
Summer Lilly
rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2018
carrie gardner
Jul 08, 2019
Vanora
Apr 05, 2018

• Walt Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice (A Little Golden Book)
  • Santa's Sleigh Is on Its Way to Nebraska: A Christmas Adventure
  • Mr. Popper's Penguins
  • Fox in Socks

Lego Nonfiction (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Big Book of Animals (LEGO Nonfiction)
  • Emergency! (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World (LEGO Nonfiction)
  • Dino Safari (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Knights  Castles (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Bug Off! (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Deep Dive (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Volcanoes and other Forces of Nature (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
  • Mighty Machines (LEGO Nonfiction): A LEGO Adventure in the Real World