Start by marking “No Light Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
No Light Tomorrow

No Light Tomorrow

Some things are so accepted as to be taken for granted. While the far future is shrouded in uncertainty, there are expectations often considered assured that are overlooked. There is only one you, threats are usually empty, ghosts are not real, life is finite, science can solve the most daunting challenges, and beliefs are assured when society takes matters in their own ha ...more
Published December 31st 2015 by Adventure Worlds Press

To ask other readers questions about No Light Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Light Tomorrow

Heather V  ~The Other Heather~
A very beloved friend of mine recommended that I check this slim little volume out, and now I owe her a drink, because she made a very good call.

This is the first I've read by Laforet or Van Dongen, but it won't be the last. It's a collection of bite-sized, creepy short stories, none of which fell flat for me (and that's saying something). I like the way the two authors' writing styles are so different yet manage to complement each other so well; it makes for a good rhythm as you're moving from
Christine Hayton
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: rated-reviewed
Disclosure: I purchased the book “No Light Tomorrow” by Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen on January 9, 2016 at the official launch party. I do know the authors from professional encounters with them in various local writers’ group. I had no communication with the authors about the content of this review. The comments that follow are my own personal opinion. I received NO compensation of any kind, or from any one, to provide this review.

This is an interesting collection of six short stories.
Rachel Pieters
This easily readable collection of short stories, both sci-fi and paranormal, was definitely a fun read, keeping me up into the night, much in the vein of Hitchcock and Bradbury Fistfight in Heaven. The tales were highly original, and the worlds and characters well-drawn, especially for the small space used to convey them. My favorite is Digital Heaven , the last story (which should be made into a movie - so cool!)

Kudos to the authors! Will definitely be recommending this collections to others!
Edmond Gagnon
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The may be no light tomorrow, but there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel waiting for these two young authors.
Although I'm a big Star Trek fan, and I am open minded when it comes to space and the supernatural, I don't read much science fiction.
Having said that, I truly enjoyed all but one of the stories in Christian Laforet and Ben Van Dongen's No Light Tomorrow. The material was fresh and thought provoking. I particularly enjoyed Digital Heaven, and how it's implications showed just h
Bryant Blair
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun ride. These stories from Christian and Ben were very detailed, even some of the shorter ones. They were quite descriptive and painted some beautiful and haunting pictures. The book had my mind racing as to what was going to happen. I personally enjoyed "Digital Heaven" the most , followed by "Slow hallway". 5/5 stars.
Michael Drakich
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When reading through the collection of short stories in No Light Tomorrow, Rod Serling's voice rang through my head, "Another time, another place, another dimension..."
Clearly, the unique settings, the original ideas, and the more than fair share of surprise twists make this collection one worth having.
Patrick Aliverti
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just finished all 6 short stories and wow. I love the concepts and their executions. I've read their previous works and these two have upped their writing game and I couldn't be more prouder. Keep up the great work guys. I really am looking forward to your next stories.
Joey Ouellette
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great stories! Suspenseful interesting plots that kept me reading because I had to find out what happened! More please!
James Martin
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well done Ben and Christian! Each story kept me wanting a little more, could not put it down. My only wish was that there were more stories to read. Can't wait to see what comes next.....
Jessica Gouin
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying I'm not an avid reader of science fiction, or even horror stories. With that being said, I absolutely loved this collection of short stories.

Each story was original and left me wanting more. my favorites were Digit Heaven and Uninvited Guest

Both authors have a gift of bringing the reader right into their world in just a few pages.

I'm definitely looking forward to what the future holds for these two authors.
Cas
Jun 18, 2017
JC
Dec 23, 2015
Christian Laforet
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Trent Rogers
Jan 11, 2016
Cory
Jan 11, 2016
Ben Dongen
Jan 12, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Vendetta
Terri-lynn Sweet
Nov 09, 2017
Melanie Bursey
Aug 12, 2018
Christian Laforet lives in LaSalle, Ontario with his wife, Lady, and his two girls, Lelaina Blue and Delilah Sunshine. He is co-founder and frequent contributor to the short fiction site, Adventure Worlds (adventureworldsblog.com).The rapidly growing website is shared among a group of writers who regularly post stories across all genres. Christian is also involved in several other projects and is ...more