Start by marking “Mistress Mary and the General: A Pride and Prejudice Inspired Story” as Want to Read:
Mistress Mary and the General: A Pride and Prejudice Inspired Story

Mistress Mary and the General: A Pride and Prejudice Inspired Story

Richard Fitzwilliam, second son of the Earl of Matlock and cousin to Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley, has led a blessed life. Believing the most he could want was a distinguished military career, he was pleasantly surprised when he found the love his life and married. After welcoming a son into this world followed by twins two years later, his beloved wife fell ill. Though ...more
Published December 19th 2015 by Harvestdale Press

To ask other readers questions about Mistress Mary and the General, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress Mary and the General

Start your review of Mistress Mary and the General: A Pride and Prejudice Inspired Story
Susan
A re-read of this Pride and Prejudice sequel - General Fitzwilliam has been left to care for his children after the death of his wife. Devastated by her death the General takes his family to Pemberley, hoping to find peace.
Meanwhile Mary Bennet, bored with living at Longbourn as the only remaining unwed daughter is staying at Pemberley. Can there ever be more than friendship between these two.
The writing style was so easy to read as the story moved along. I loved the story, the new characters bu
Talia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I would have given this 5 stars if there was a love story in the book but there wasn't one. It seems that 30 years of marriage wasn't enough to induce General Fitzwilliam to fall in love with Mary. I don't like it when Mary has been made to settle once again.
Marsha
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed and amazed

Oh my! This was incredibly written. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that went I to this story. Darcy and Elizabeth were secondary in this story. Richard and Mary were the main characters. Richard and Mary walked a thin line, that only a couple did not want, to find happiness. Mary helped Richard to come to terms and move on from the death of his wife. Loved how Mary loved Richards children as her own. Enjoyed this whole book and highly recommended
Marie
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaff, ku
Very sweet story, but ends too abruptly
I really loved this book until the end. The story of Mary and Richard was very sweet, but it all ends far too abruptly without including their lives together as a married couple. It’s also hard to believe Mary would have had no children. This could have have been much longer. The epilogue was too sad. Well written story otherwise.
Allison
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
So I liked this book better than it's predecessor. It's a sweet "almost-love" story about Mary and Colonel Fitzwilliam. It's well written, sweet and interesting. My advice though...don't read the epilogue :) I won't tell you why cause I don't want to spoil anything. Just throwing it out there.
Carmen
Oct 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
The book itself was written well but I did not like it. I should have read the reviews but I didn't. What I did do though was read the end sometime in the middle of the story. I quit after that, I wanted a love story and this is not one. I hate that Mary had to settle to never being loved.
pamela k cronister
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
My review contains a spoiler

I did enjoy the book and the characters until I got to the end . That was not only unexpected I felt it was unnecessary for it to end with the death of Fitzwilliam .
Jacquie K
Apr 11, 2018
Annette
Nov 29, 2017
Jacquie Franciulli
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2016

• In Netherfield Woods: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Rebellion at Longbourn: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Being Mrs Darcy
  • Compromised by Mr. Darcy: a Pride and Prejudice variation
  • Loving Lydia: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Marrying Elizabeth Book 3)
  • Overhearings Less to the Purpose: An Elizabeth and Darcy Story
  • Darcy's Uneasy Betrothal: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Mr. Darcy's Forbidden Love
Bronwen Chisholm was raised in Central Pennsylvania, the youngest of four sisters. Though she was not introduced to Jane Austen's work until later in life, she grew up reading the Bronte sisters, Gone With the Wind, and other classics as well as watching vintage Hollywood movies. Her love of books and literature almost led her to a career as a librarian. Instead, life and love carried her to Virgi ...more

News & Interviews