Start by marking “Eerie” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  213 Reviews
The sensational teen paranormal romance featured PEOPLE Magazine!

Hailey Hartley has just enrolled in the world's premier supernatural university. It's a school she's never heard of, located in a town called The Middle of Nowhere, and run by a creature that's not supposed to exist. But at least she got a scholarship...

Hailey's dreams have always been, well...vivid. As in m
Published December 19th 2015 by Omnific Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eerie, please sign up.
C.M. McCoy Hi Chimera,

Thank you so much for your question. I plan at least 3 books in this series, and I'm finishing up the second book now :-)

Anna (Enchanted by YA)
***I received a physical copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review***

My initial reaction of holy c*** was all you could get out of me for hours after staying up late to finish this amazing book and even now, it sums up my mental state pretty well! Dark and suspenseful, hilarious and quirky are not pairings you’d expect to mix well together, yet McCoy has done so effortlessly in this gripping novel that had me on the edge of my seat one minute and then giggling the next.

Bo
C.M. McCoy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I enjoyed writing this book so, so much. And I'm eternally grateful for all my friends who've helped with critiquing, beta-reading, and promoting. You know who you are. And I <3 you.
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
This was quite a difficult book to review. The 16 year old in me absolutely loved it! However the 33 year old found it not quite as enjoyable.

Hailey and her sister Holly are living out their lives when suddenly Holly goes missing. Presumed dead. Hailey then goes to university on her own, something they had planned to do together. There, she comes in contact with Asher, who she had met before in her dreams, and discovers her old friend Fin is also at the university. Asher is a ‘creature’ that has
B.K. Rivers
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone 15+
I loved the world building at Beartown University in Middle of Nowhere, Alaska. I mean there are yetis, bookworms who drink tea and blow up like balloons, and not to mention the carnivorous splinters and the 30 types of misquitos! The world is so well built, you'll want to journey up north and tour this strange, magical place. The next best thing is Hailey's roommate from Hell, Giselle. She is the complete and total opposite of Hailey: grumpy, dark, brooding, creepy and oh, NOT human. I love tha ...more
Courtney Wells
You had me at "ParaScience"
Heather Eagar
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eerie is a very unique book. If you like Irish dancing, murder, out-cast banshees, albino ghosts that pop out of mirrors, murderous staplers, yetis, sexy guys, scary guys, and soul-wrenching drama (literally)…this is the book for you.

I was hooked from the first page. McCoy has such an awesome way with words…a way that made me like her main character, Hailey, immediately. I loved the relationship she had with her sister, Holly, as well as the rest of her Irish family. It was real and genuine. An
Erin Dunn
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it

Thank you to the author for providing a free ebook copy of Eerie in exchange for an honest review!

I'm not really sure what to make of Eerie. I really enjoyed the beginning, but then after that it was a bit of a roller coaster for me. There are so many ups and downs that it made me dizzy trying to keep up. I really enjoyed the book, but there were things that I really disliked about it as well.
#GettingDizzy

I like the main character, Hailey, and her persona
Jordan
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
READ THIS BOOK IF:

You’re looking for quirky and creative paranormal creatures.
You’re not squeamish.
You want to spend the entire day (and night) reading.

Eerie is an unexpected, delightfully charming surprise. Equal parts creepy and inventive, there’s a light-hearted vibe that will keep you going til the bitter end. Romance, murder, mystery, and all things paranormal coupled with Fringe-worthy science, this book is perfect for fans of Eureka, Haven, Supernatural, and X-Files.

Kayla Krantz
Initial thoughts after finishing this book? I’ve found a new favorite author.

This story begins with Hailey Hartley’s normal and boring world. She goes to high school and works at a pub with her sister. The most remarkable thing about her life is the boy that visits her in her dreams. One night, her sister disappears and Hailey’s life is sent into a world of paranormal things, banshees, Envoys, and pure evil. It’s up to Hailey to both avenge her sister and come out unscathed.

There’s no way for
Michelle
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**
Eerie is the first book in a new adult paranormal series, by the same name, by C.M. McCoy. I think this is a must read series for any fans of paranormal romances. It has everything I love in my paranormal reads, a great mixture of interesting creatures, a para science school, awesome characters and an even better romances. In a world where paranormals exist along side people, and sometimes they know about them and som
Carrie
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

I'm speechless...

Oh, gosh. That book was definitely the best novel I've read so far this year. It did take me awhile due to its size and me being an incredibly slow reader but holy crap.

This is an amazing paranormal romance that follows the story of teenager Hailey Hartley trying to find out what happened to her twin sister after she disappears... and sexy Envoys (essentially mailmen for life energy between an ending life to a starting one) but Fin is mine so... xD

Imagine
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
This book is recommended by kirkus. I don't trust Kirkus reviews to tell the truth, they lie a lot especially regarding recommended age, but this sounds interesting and the author and publisher included Australia in the giveaway so I'm crossing fingers.
Kimberly Vanderbloom
I found this book through Facebook. The teasers and the synopsis definitely had me interested. I was blown away about everything in this book. The writing was flawless and flowed organically. The characters were phenomenal and the settings were well described. I could see this being a movie. Hailey was a great protagonist and a superb point of view. I went through every emotion with her. Within the first twenty pages I was engrossed so much I had to gift some copies to friends and family. There ...more
Kristen Gough
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well written paranormal story that provides the reader with a complex range of emotions from beginning to end. It grabs your attention from page one and doesn't let go to the very last page and I literally could not put this book down! The world this author portrays is one I would love to live in and her characters are complex and intriguing. This is a new author to me and I am definitely looking forward to reading more of her work in the future. I highly recommend this to anyone ...more
Lynda Dickson
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Hailey has recurring dreams featuring a purple-eyed Envoy summoning her to her death. Asher is that Envoy, one of many soul gathers accidentally trapped for the last three thousand years between the Aether and Earth. Now in her senior year of high school, Hailey has to deal with the normal pressures of homework, prom, cute boys, and choosing where to go to college. And then her older sister Holly is abducted. What secret is Fin, the cute bartender, hiding? What happens when the handsome purple-e ...more
Brenda
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since 5 star is the highest it will let me give this book that's what I am giving it although I believe it deserves more than that!! This book is in the top 10 all time favorite paranormal books I have read, it is seriously that good. It has a surprising number of different paranormal things going on. The way everything comes together turned out to be a very amazing story. As you read if feels as though you are in the middle of it all going on. This is a paranormal lovers dream book! I do say my ...more
B. Brumley
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hailey Hartley struggles to fit in. High school isn't a good fit for her or her older sister, Holly. When the unthinkable happens, Hailey has to learn how to continue despite the absence of her sister. As time goes on, Hailey struggles to live her life. With paranormal beings after her, Hailey accepts a scholarship to a university in Alaska. Things don't quite work out the way she or her uncles expect in Bear Towne. Hailey isn't as safe as they all expected.

With unexpected humor and fast-paced w
Jillian Lopez
I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I sort of anticipated this book to be much better; however, as I was reading through this, I found myself not so intrigued by it as I had hoped. The writing wasn't my favorite, the plotline simply didn't click well with me, and the characters just couldn't come well to my liking. Overall, this wasn't my cup of tea that I hoped I would enjoy eventually.

But I do love the originality of the book and the paranormal concep
Sarah Adair
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those looking for a romantic, terrifying, magical story

EERIE is a story to keep you up all night, a story you'll fall in love with. Truly one of my all time favourites and recommended for fans of Buffy, Harry Potter, and dashingly handsome bartenders.

It also contains a love triangle that'll make you take sides... Team Fin!

If you need cheering up, read this book.

Jenn Sut
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By C.M. Mccoy
4.5

I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

Asher is an Envoy obsessed with a human, Hailey, to be precise. A human that has to die to open the Aether and send the trapped Envoys home. When she was five, Hailey's parents were killed in a fire. That is when she first sees the Envoys. Now , as a teenager, they are in her nightmares. Soon Hailey's sister Holly is missing, and Hailey's already da
Mina Gerhart
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolute LOVED the book and couldn't put it down, It starts out rather sweet with Holly and Hailey helping and step dancing at their Uncle Pix's Irish pub. Hailey has typical school issues related to a family tragedy with secrets;) Then Holly disappears & is found "shredded" , The book takes a decidedly darker turn with Hailey deciding to go to Bear Towne University to major in ParaScience. The book is like a young adult Harry Potter but better (IMHO). The secondary characters are AWESOME. ...more
Irene
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, paranormal

I enjoyed this book I really did. However I felt like Hailey at times. When she would ask her Uncle what was going on, she would only get half the story. Uncle Pix would start to tell Hailey about their family then the other uncles would make a grunt and Pix would clam up. I know Hailey was getting mad.
I do have to say that this book is enriched with knowledge when it is given to Hailey. I totally felt like I was walking in her shoes or her wellies. She didn't know what was really goin
A.M. Johnson
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I really enjoyed this book, i experienced a range of emotions while reading it, from laughter to anger.
It is a paranormal adventure, which is well written and flowed very nicely.
I did not at any stage feel the urge to stop reading the exact opposite, I wanted to know what was going to happen on the next page.
I found the characters to be strong and very likable, I was interested in what they were doing and what was happening
Laurie P
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this book. The characters can be surprising. Poor Hailey. She just can't catch a break. Then she goes off to a mysterious school in Alaska where she finds her family and even herself are not as she thought they were.

If you are interested in paranormal books with interesting plots that twist unexpectedly, this is the book for you! It keeps you interested all the way through to the very end. I'm anxious to read more from this author!
Mitsy
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sensational

Love Eerie! Love the suspense, thrills, humor, fantasy, paranormal, romance, and main heroine Hailey! It's absolutely brilliant and imaginative! I recommend it to everyone!
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
True Rating 4.5 stars!

This review is based on a digital copy I received from Author C.M. McCoy. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

Captivating, dark and spectacular! This is an amazing story and once I started reading it I could not get enough! I just want to gush about this story but I do not want to spoil it for anyone. So, I will try to rein it in but I am bursting at the seams with excitement about this book.

The beginn
Marcy Barth
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!! From the very beginning the author grabs your attention and holds it throughout the book. I had a very hard time putting this one down. The story flows so well that you don't even realize how quickly you are reading the pages.

This story begins shortly before Hailey's older sister, Holly, is brutally murdered. Hailey and Holly were living with their Uncle Pix after her parents were killed in a house fire when she was very little. Uncle Pix helps run the pub that wa
Olivia Rofrits
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing read ever!!! It was full of action, and surprises and love and lust and sadness all wrapped in one.

Hailey lost her parents to monsters and her sister afterwards. And she in love with two different guy's. But one she fears most of all. She trying to learn her way in New world she's just finding out exists and she has amazing hairstyles I really like him!
Asher is totally different and trying his best to handle his emotions that his kind don't have over Hailey.
But he's getting
Amanda Clark
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first encounter with Eerie was several months ago when I was asked to beta read it. I immediately fell in love with Hailey, her kindness, her intelligence, and even her naivete. I was angry when the book ended as I wanted more and was left hanging! I remember sending a very entertaining email demanding the rest of the series and expressing my irritation! I still don't have the second one, so see where that got me, haha!

Reading the final draft the second time around was no different. Eerie was
Kristina
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading The Eerie by M.C. McCoy. First, let me say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful novel!!! I love fantasy books and had never come across this author, so I didn’t have any of the overly high hopes going in. Wow, I wasn’t disappointed! Eerie kept me glued from beginning to end! Ms. McCoy has created a whole new level to the paranormal/fantasy genre.

I gave Eerie 5 stars. I made it through this book in 1 day. Correction….. I couldn’t put it down, so I HAD to finish it in one day!
  • Dark & Twisted Games (Hearts of Faeylon, #1)
  • The Looking Glass (The Looking Glass, #1)
  • Death of the Body (Crossing Death #1)
  • The Curse of the Bruel Coven
  • Escaping Forever (The Immortal Chronicles Book 1)
  • The Girl and the Raven (The Girl and the Raven #1)
  • A Soul's Kiss
  • Awakening (The Dark Rituals #1)
  • The Benighted (The Benighted Saga, #1)
  • Lantern (Lantern #1)
  • Untaken
  • Bad Dreams
  • Revive (RedZone, #1)
  • Treasure, Darkly (Treasure Chronicles #1)
  • Sin
  • Lineage (J.J. Morris Book 1)
  • Golden Days (Gold Rush, #3)
  • Dreamers Often Lie
Yay! See the great things Kirkus Reviews had to say about EERIE: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...

I'm an Irish dancer and retired Air Force officer living in the Great White North. Though I hold a B.S. in chemical engineering and German, I'm far happier writing stories involving Alaska and monsters (with an awkward kiss in the mix.) While working 911 dispatch for Alaska State Troopers, I le
“Those who look for a reason to fear will find one, and those without reason will follow.” 11 likes
“Why did you save my life?”
“Because I would rather endure the hell of this Earth with you than spend an eternity in paradise without you,” he replied without hesitation.”
7 likes