Start by marking “Majesty” as Want to Read:
Majesty

Majesty

What would you do if the ghost of someone you love appeared in front of you?

Majesty is a beautiful ghost, with her hair of fire and eyes gray like smoke. That is Andy Fey’s first thought when the ghost of her best friend Majesty Hall appeared in her bedroom, only two months since her death. Majesty doesn’t know why she’s there, why only Andy can see her.

Andy isn’t sure if
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Majesty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Majesty

Start your review of Majesty
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Andy or Andrea Fey had a list of people in her Yay and Nay boxes respectively, and she made sure she steered clear of those whom she couldn't be friends with. But when Professor Grayson assigned her to Majesty Hall as her Statistics partner, she didn't know where to place her.

Majesty is the kind of girl who wanted to please everybody, to befriend everyone, who was always bubbly and talked in a singsong manner. When Andrea got to know her, it was only a matter of time before she realized she had
Anne
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Full review posted on Will Read for Feels*

I was going through something personal when I decided to take Majesty with me for a road trip after Christmas. I guess you could call it a serendipitous thing because I immediately latched on to the story like a lifeline. The main theme of the story (named after one of the main characters, Majesty Hall) was about dealing with grief and how you could get lost in the numbing feeling. Andy, the narrator and protagonist, went through the usual stages of ber
Lynai
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I instantly fell in love with Majesty. Andy took time for me to like but I was able to feel her grief as the story progressed. This is both a sweet and sad story, but it ended too soon. I want more feelings from Gale. :)
Chrissie Peria
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Everyone's reading Jay E. Tria lately, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I chose Majesty as my first book, because (1) she cited Banana Yoshimoto's Kitchen as an inspiration and (2) because I miss reading paperbacks. (Shinta's still waiting in my Kindle, thank you very much.)

Majesty is a well-written, heartfelt story about coping with loss. The grief is there. It's real. It's not about crying enough tears to leave your pillow sodden. It's about not knowing which sock to take off first. It's not t
Layla
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As this is the third Jay E. Tria book that I read (proofread/edited), I could tell how different it is from her first two romance novels. My initial impression of it was that it was written with a flourish -- with a pale pink quill dipped in blood, quite possibly the author's own. Grief is a universal theme and I think Majesty will resonate with a lot of people because many of us have lost someone very dear to us and at some point we may have wished for just one more day, one more conversation, ...more
H. Bentham
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a YA Paranormal novella that I thought was gonna be a bit scary (anything with ghosts and I’m 🏃🏃 ), but it ended up really beautiful and sweet (I also curled myself into a ball of tears and sobs towards the later parts of it bec, huhu, it packs a heap of emotions!) 💮
If that gorgeous cover doesn't entice you to get this, then listen to me when I say this will hit you right in the kokoro and will help you powercry your stress away! 😉

#YAWeek
*This review also appears as a bookstagram on my
J.V. Mariano
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino
Though there's grief, this story will give readers much-needed hope. <3 ...more
Camelle
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filipino-authors
I love it! I could relate though.. full review will be posted soon!
Tara
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With a narrative that holds you (and never lets go), and the voice of a pure heart that truly loved spilling beautifully throughout its pages, Majesty is a book I will definitely be picking up again, heartache be damned. Get your tissues ready, this one’s offering a storm of feels.

What Drew Me In

A few months earlier, I was lucky enough to have been given an ARC copy of Jay E. Tria’s Songs of Our Breakup. I loved it, and I knew that from that moment on I would be on the lookout for her other work
kb
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
After reading Songs of Our Breakup , I couldn't help but get excited to dive into this one. I knew I was going to get what I expected: an enthralling read that was going to make me keep turning the pages. And I was happy to find it did just that.

WHAT I LIKED about this one was that in spite of being such a short read, it tackles so many things in one smooth flow. There's death, grief, loss, loneliness, coping, the afterlife, new beginnings, even friendship—of course, friendship.

And for someo
S.M. Spencer
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this bittersweet little story of loss and love. I have always liked stories with ghosts and I found myself really caring about Andy and hoping the story would end happily for her.

I did struggle a little with respect to timing (flashbacks) in a few spots, and there were a few grammar/ tense hiccups which upset the flow for me a little, but these were only minor distractions from what was a really enjoyable story.

For me, 3.5 rounded up to 4.

Agay Llanera
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this because the writing felt bold and fresh, as if the writer experienced death and visitations herself (perhaps she did). She wrote with unabashed authority and with so much sincerity, which, I think, was a superb way to tackle this whimsical, sad and hopeful story.
Ana Valenzuela
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pinoy
Sometimes the deepest friendship transcends death itself. :) Yes, sometimes when you are grieving you need someone who understands.

Majesty and Andrea's nickname for each other, 'hon', reminded me of the way my two bestfriends call each other Mahal (never got on it though, lol) .
Celesta Thiessen
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a weird story but I really loved it. I cared about the characters. It made me feel really good. I like it when stories do that <3
Aira Irish
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the concept and too much feels. I love Majesty and Andy. Soul sisters for life.
Norielyn
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is yes and indeed on my PR (personal record), I enjoy the book that I've read it one sitting. I'm not a one-sitting reader. Did I cry, yes, a lot, why, I dont know, maybe at some point I could relate. I like the story as it is short and light to read but of course worthy of the time. I also like how the author chose the names of her characters, so nice reading those names on each and every page and carry on. Read it, this book of friendship and love! A story maybe set as romantic, not ...more
Nica
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Majesty is the second book that involves a ghost story that I have read. The first was One More Day by Mitch Albom.
Majesty is beautifully written. Though it involves death, and some parts are heart-breaking, it won’t leave you in a depressed mood. This book shows and gives hope to everyone who experienced losing a loved one. The book has a deeper meaning than just a friend who died and suddenly shows up in her best friend’s room. This is such a short read but it has an impact on me. It shows th
MaryAnne Clare
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I finished Jay E. Tria's Majesty in a single car ride. Yes, traffic was THAT bad the other day and the book was THAT good.

After turning the last page, it left me one big question: why did the nicest book have to be the shortest one? Huhu~3

Putting the book in first-person perspective was a very good decision because it really gave me the chance to look at things through a person's eyes, rather than an all-knowing (and detached!) witness. Her introverted personality was a nice touch, leaving me
Florence Joyce
Aug 04, 2016

• When Sparks Fly
  • Attachments
  • Plain Vanilla
  • The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1)
  • Only A Kiss
  • Swept Off My Feet
  • All That Glitters
  • About a Boy
Jay E. Tria is inspired by daydreams, celebrity crushes, live music, K-dramas and J-doramas, and an incessant itch to go places. She writes contemporary romance and young adult, sometimes paranormal fantasy too. When not writing, she wishes she were, but sometimes it's hard.

LATEST RELEASES:
Playlist #4: Songs You Come Back To
Playlist #5: Songs To Your Beat

Also by Jay:
You Out of Nowhere (Flair #1)

News & Interviews