Start by marking “Be My Love (A Candy Hearts Romance)” as Want to Read:
Be My Love (A Candy Hearts Romance)

Be My Love

(Candy Hearts Romance)

Broken-hearted and bitter, Brenna Jones plans to spend Valentine’s weekend at her parents’ cabin, reading romance novels and devouring heart-shaped candy. When her truck hits a snowdrift and plows into a bank—during a storm, no less—her plans take a drastic detour. Eric Buchanan, the playboy jerk from her past, comes to her aid. He’s her only option for reaching safety.

Eri
Published February 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Be My Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Love

Start your review of Be My Love (A Candy Hearts Romance)
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sweet second chance story. Eric was a silly boy put into a really bad looking scenario. Brenna ran before things could be cleared. 10 yrs later both are grown. Time has passed but they never forgot that one sweet night. A snow storm some sweet candy hearts and these two fell all over again. But this time.. Eric was playing for Keeps to have Brenna always be his love.
Sweet and Sexy.
April Hollingworth
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

Okay, so where do I start. First of all, I loved this book as with a capital L loved. Secondly of all, well, it's scary how you can see something with your own two eyes, and yet, what you see isn't the whole story. This is what happens in this book. You have hope, love, broken-hearts and hope. You also have two people who are stuck together and a chance to right a wrong from long ago. This book is just perfect.

The Review:

Broken-hearted and bitter, Brenna Jon
Katie O'Sullivan
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J.C. McKenzie is one of my favorite new paranormal authors, but I wasn't sure what to expect from this straight contemporary romance, with nary a shifter or vamp in sight. I shouldn't have doubted her prowess with words, and loved every minute of this sweet and steamy Valentines romance. The characters are real, the emotions run deep and the sexual tension sizzles off the page.

Brenna and Eric end up stuck in her family's remote cabin during a blizzard. Childhood friends, they had a falling out i
Laura Strickland
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Snowbound together during a Valentine’s storm, Brenna Jones and Eric Buchanan have a chance to connect the way they never did back when they met years ago, and give in to the sexual attraction neither can deny. The trouble is, Eric behaved like a jerk back then and Brenna’s not convinced he’s changed. The most they’ve ever shared was a knock-your-socks-off kiss but now the scene is set, the cabin’s cozy and they need to keep each other warm. Can a woman resist a man armed with a candy heart whic ...more
Judy Davis
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Brenna Jones plows into a snow drift on her way to her parents’ secluded cabin where she hopes to avoid Valentine’s Day and all its trappings, she is rescued by an old playboy from her past.

Out on his snowmobile, Eric Buchanan discovers Brenna and takes her to the cabin where they seek safety. He’s in the middle of trying to avoid his parent’s and their attempts to set him up with their idea of the perfect girl.

Locked away from the wind, cold, snow, and rest of the world, Brenna and Eric
Ally
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brenna wants to escape Valentine’s Day, and she almost does permanently when her truck hits a snowbank on her way to her parent’s cottage. To her surprise and rescue, Eric Buchanan arrives on a snowmobile and gets her to the safety of the cabin. But her memories of Eric from their high school days have her feeling anything but safe until the two discover a misunderstanding and begin rediscovering their initial attraction.
I love a second chance story and McKenzie got all the feels right in this o
Nancy
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can a Valentine’s weekend storm bring two old lovers back together? Or will being trapped by the weather be this couple’s last straw at happiness. I’ve always loved the stranded lovers trope. Even when Harlequin beat it to death back in the 1980s.

Author J.C. McKenzie gives the storyline a fresh twist with her characters, Brenna Jones and Eric Buchanan. Plus, it’s always nice to see a repentant bad boy.

This is a tried and true romance you won’t want to put down.
Veronica Lynch
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Old flames come together in an isolated cabin in the Canadian Rockies during a blistering snow storm. While ironing out old hurts something new and exciting happens.
Snappy, laugh out loud dialogue, loveable charcters and a realistic conflict mke Be My Love a winner. You won't be able to put this one down.
Spectacular job, Ms. McKenzie.

Veronica Lynch
Kayden Claremont
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An isolated cabin, a snow storm, and an ex-lover seem what most romance novels are made but J. C. McKenzie transports the reader into a delightfully fresh story with unexpected twists. I couldn’t put this book down.
Mistress Mary
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Great Love Story!

This was a really good book. The characters drew me in and the more they interacted the more I liked their dynamic. Their chemistry was evident and it held my attention through the whole story.

I would recommend this book.
Annette Miller
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J. C. McKenzie is a great voice in romance. This book was sweet, funny, and sexy. She has something for everyone in it. This is a great addition to any Valentine's Day gift. What a great read!
Jo-Ann Carson
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Saved by Candy and a Second Chance
With her trademark humor J.C. McKenzie introduces us to star-crossed lovers who are given a second chance, stuck in a remote, candle-lit cabin in the woods surrounded by a fierce snow storm. Brenna Jones had headed to the cabin to get away from the city and spend Valentine’s day with candy and a Romance novel, but when she hits black ice her life takes a different turn. Eric Buchanan never forgot Brenna, his first love, the one who got away. It’s a heart-warming
Brianne
Sep 20, 2016
Tina Susedik
Dec 30, 2015
Rasiha
rated it did not like it
Dec 04, 2019
Peggy Jaeger
J.C. McKenzie
Dec 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Emma
Stephanie Puterbaugh
Feb 24, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Mar 18, 2016
Born and raised on the Haida Gwaii, off the West Coast of Canada, J.C. McKenzie grew up in a pristine wilderness that inspired her to dream. She writes Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance.

Candy Hearts Romance (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Tweet Me (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • Be Mine (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • 3 Wishes (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • For You (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • For Keeps (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • Marry Me  (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • Only Yours (A candy hearts romance)
  • Find Me (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • Got Love? (A Candy Hearts Romance)
  • You & Me (A Candy Hearts Romance)

News & Interviews