Start by marking “That Which Other Men Cannot Do (The Frontiers Saga, #15)” as Want to Read:
That Which Other Men Cannot Do (The Frontiers Saga, #15)

That Which Other Men Cannot Do

(The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) #15)

Episode 15

New forces grow…
Old friends are lost…
New alliances are forged…
Old weapons are made new…

With political unrest growing, the Alliance must rush to rebuild their fleet and expand their 'sphere of influence' before their support runs out. But when the Jung up the ante, the Alliance must turn up the heat.

Captain Nathan Scott and the Sol-Pentaurus Alliance must
Published December 27th 2015 by Frontiers Saga Publishing

Start your review of That Which Other Men Cannot Do (The Frontiers Saga, #15)
Per Gunnar
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I should mention right away that my appreciation of this book (or rather lack thereof) is heavily tainted by my personal opinions. As far as I am concerned the ending pretty much ruined the entire series for me. To me the ending is not only highly tragic but also reeks of cheap Hollywood style chock-the-audience type of cliff-hanger ending. I am not even sure if it is a cliff-hanger or the very-final-real-end ending since it is the end of Part I and it remains to be seen if Part II follows ...more
Jean
It is sad to see this series come to an end. I must say the ending is less than satisfying. Maybe that means there is going to be a spin off series.

Captain Scott wants to attack the Jung and destroy their ability to attack Earth again. Admiral Galiardi is against expanding the war beyond the Sol system. Captain Scott and the Alliance are again thinking outside of the box for a solution. I found that I had to pay attention during battle scenes as Brown had the Arora jumping, but coming out of the
_
This 'episode' of The Frontiers Saga is slow to start (due to needed buildup), but the climax is astounding.

I have some complaints that keep me from giving my usual glowing review, however...

Resolutions to certain issues of personality (needed) for Jessica are here, but those issues and traits had been hyped so much in the past that the final outcome and reactions seemed 'off' a bit. The side plot with Synda and Jessica seemed forced as well. (view spoiler)
MH
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
jana lafleur
Apr 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
A boring disappointment

This book like the 2 before it is tedious and redundant. I only read about 10% and the rest I scrolled through and picked out certain words at a glance if something interesting happens. Otherwise its all ship building, breifings, test flights, simulators and training. Its like reading a text book or owners manual. The ending sucked but its not hard to figure out where hes going in the next series. Im assuming Nathan was injected with a shit load of nanites to destroy the
Matt Pollicove
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story, bad editing

Story continues to evolve. This is pretty much the end of the "season" and it ends on an appropriate cliffhanger. Brown's story telling and characterization continue to evolve. Along with my devious gripes (reminder of previous story, character listing, and stop calling everyone mister all the time) the editing of the battle scenes left something to be desired. The scene would change setting, from Aurora to a fighter, to a ground action, to the Celestia with no break
Tremont G
I loved this series and have given 5 stars to all the books, but the ending of this one was AWFUL! If this is truly the final book in the series, I am disappointed. There are A LOT of unanswered questions and the tragic ending felt too abrupt. I'm not a fan of tragic endings, so I'm biased, but I still feel like it was cut off too soon. What happened with the stolen shuttle/ box ship? What was the point of view f that whole story line with the 1000 yr old "captain"? Just for him to start a cult ...more
Caleb
May 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
So much of this book is just copy and paste filler, I was literally skipping pages at a time. There are literally maybe 2 lines TOTAL in the first half that might point to a subplot, and these are never reference again.

The ending was a good but very, very rushed. If you like the series, you'll like this entry, but you can honestly skip the first couple hundred pages.
Susan Grace
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the 15th and final installment of Ryk Brown's Frontier Series. I am sad for it to end as I really enjoyed the hero, Nathan Scott's, journey. Again, a bit too much FTL, hard-drive, jump, snap-jump and battle lingo for me but all in all I enjoyed this series. Much to explore about the cost of war, revenge, retaliation and sacrifice.
Dan
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Good yarn and standard fare.

A big fan of the series. Not sure where its going. A couple of not so positive endings and my desire to continue is in doubt. Hopefully the next installment will be a little more victorious. :)
Lester
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Very disappointing ending
Alysa
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
15 book series might be tad too long, struggled to finish it. Can't believe there are 45 or 60 more coming over the next few years. Not sure I'm going to read them all...
Jim-mike
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, military
JP
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
And so it ends (for now).

I started Aurora: CV-01 all the way back in September. 15 books in Part 1 of a series? Sure! Over the books, Ryk Brown has quite obviously improved his craft and built quite a deep world.

That being said, That Which
Jim
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We’re back with Captain Nathan Scott and his crew aboard the Aurora. This is a fun series that has lasted forever. I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of reading a series all the way through 15 books. And each one was very exciting, extremely difficult to put down, and I was very sad when I finished each one. This one is just like all the rest. Very exciting although most of the action is pretty one-sided for the Alliance. They are liberating worlds out to thirty-lightyears from Sol. They attack ...more
Michael
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
For something that has been highly touted as a finale / conclusion of the long saga before the author starts a new era of the series, this was not the case: it is the usual cliffhanger with a “to be continued” ending. While much longer than previous episodes, there appeared to be a lot of filler material that just kept going and going in order to get a longer word count or more pages read to maximize the payout under the Kindle Unlimited program: this book really needs to go back to the ...more
Mark
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
A drag to a some ending

*Spoilers*

The plot, in itself, is well thought out, if not poorly executed. The characters and combats are articulated in the usual fashion as the preceding books. However, the redundancy of "jumping in ... Three... Two... One" gets old quite fast and really pulls the reader out of the story.

Additionally, the character arch of Jessica is painful. Jessica has always been one with an attitude, and that's generally been acceptable because she was thrust into a role without
John (JP)
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That Which Other Men Cannot Do (The Frontiers Saga, #15) The title That Which Other Men Cannot Do is the tag line of the Ghatazak. It refers to the nasty but necessary killing and other decisions that are required of warriors. This is the theme of this novel. An Admiral asks the President if he wants a rival and potential Jung operative assassinated? A captain who has to issue orders he know will result in the deaths of friends and billions of individuals. A cult leader who must in his own mind ...more
Kyle
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alina Maliwauki
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!

I've been waiting to review until after I finished part one, but it's been difficult. It's hard to put into words the journey of the last 15 books, but what I will say is this is one of the best series that I've read recently, and all I read is sci-fi. I love a long series, and the reviews for this one were good so I gave it a shot, and I don't regret a minute of it. Enjoyed the character development, the plot twists and the interpersonal relationships between the crew. Some of the
Dan Schrenk
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Simply amazing.

This is one of the very best sci-fi series I’ve ever read or watched. The author has a natural way of drawing you into the lives of each of the characters, creating these vivid worlds and then offering some of the best narratives to complement them.

Though the reading spans 15 books, it’s well worth the journey. Each book will draw you further into this universe with a desire to see what happens next.

My only hope now is that we get to see this series turned into a movie or
Peter Sidell
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A conclusion of sorts

The book concludes with a lot of excitement and a sense of victory. There are enough incomplete threads to open the door for part two. Will it ever end. Is there enough excitement to keep me coming back. I don't know. Part one was already completed when I began my marathon read. Perhaps the completion of past two will be the signal to start the next marathon read.
Arnold Rogers-Beckley
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thankful

I'm thankful this adventure is over. I've let this Saga take up too much of my time. It was so good I could hardly put it down. Sleepless nights I tell ya. You've been warned. I'm not starting Part II. I need to catch up on all the other things I've let slide while I was immersed in this universe and in the fight for the survival of Earth against the Jung. This last episode did not disappoint though the ending was almost predictable. Ryk Brown, keep it up!
David
Chris
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
good conclusion to the first volume in the frontiers saga. as a whole these books have been exciting, entertaining and well written. my biggest complaint is the language. I wish our wasn't so coarse throughout so I could recommend these books to others.

This book matches my thoughts for the whole series
Nancy Phy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five stars all the way.

I have to say that I enjoyed this series so much. It's a great space opera that I just couldn't put down. I love the characters and their personalities. I laughed and I cried. I even wanted to help them fight the space battles. If you enjoy great space opera then you need to grab this series.
Paul Cookson
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another really good read. This is book 15 in the series and the final part of the first story. Good characters remain although some of them are a little under used. The story comes to a good end but with enough left open for the next series.
Leta Kajut
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding series

Riveting! I read each book one after the other! The author presents not only an exciting story of survival but also addresses the complexity of philosophy over war. Read this series. You will not regret it
Mark Moore
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I really love this series. It has kept me on an emotional roller coaster. I am disappointed that Nathan has to sacrifice himself for the survival of earth. He has been such a crucial part of this series. Now that he is gone you may not have the same success. I will continue on with part 2 of the saga but I doubt it will Levi the same success. Jung homework should have been destroyed . The good guys must win not end in stalemate.
Mark Hill
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this series it has been a bit of a slow burn I did take a break but I’m in for the long haul. We finally get some action against the bad guys with them finally under the pump. If you enjoy space battles likeable characters and a fun story I highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A.I. Rescue (The A.I. Series Book 7)
  • It Ain't Over... (Cole & Srexx #1)
  • TFS Ingenuity (The Terran Fleet Command Saga, #1)
  • Echoes of Glory (Blood on the Stars, #4)
  • A.I. Battle Fleet (The A.I. Series #5)
  • Darkest Hour (Liberation War, #1)
  • Haven Ascendant (Cole & Srexx #3)
  • Nightfall (Blood on the Stars #10)
  • Ruins of Empire (Blood on the Stars, #3)
  • TFS Theseus (The Terran Fleet Command Saga, #2)
  • Cybership
  • The Lost Supernova (Lost Starship, #10)
  • The Lost Destroyer (Lost Starship, #3)
  • The White Fleet (Blood on the Stars #7)
  • Dauntless (Blood on the Stars #6)
  • TFS Navajo (The Terran Fleet Command Saga, #3)
  • Revolution Rising: Liberation War Book 3
  • Odysseus Awakening (Odyssey One, #6)
Born in 1960 and raised on an overdose of television, NASA, and science fiction, Ryk Brown has worked as a cook, rock guitarist, stage lighting technician, and paramedic. He currently resides in Northern California with his wife, daughter, and cat. By day he fixes computers, and by night he creates stories.
Having spent his entire life "thinking stuff up", the advent of digital publishing has

The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Aurora: CV-01 (The Frontiers Saga #1)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • The Legend of Corinair (The Frontiers Saga #3)
  • Freedom's Dawn (The Frontiers Saga #4)
  • Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)
  • Head of the Dragon (The Frontiers Saga, #6)
  • The Expanse (The Frontiers Saga #7)
  • Celestia CV-02 (The Frontiers Saga #8)
  • Resistance (The Frontiers Saga, #9)
  • Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)
“What they have not yet seen, is that we are willing to go above and beyond, to take that extra step, to cross the furthest line…that we are willing to do what other men cannot do…what the Jung already do. That is a valid reason to attack the Jung home system.” “You” 0 likes
“Open the bay doors, Hal,” 0 likes