Start by marking “Boom” as Want to Read:
Boom

Boom

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  142 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Welcome to Mia’s travel nightmare.

Distraught that her long-distance engagement might be on the rocks, Mia Flowers needs a polar vortex diverting her flight to Montana like she needs a hole in the head. She’s determined to get face-to-face with her philandering fiancée, but her too-sexy host, Quinn Kingfisher, soon has her rethinking not just her final destination, but ever
Published December 21st 2015 by Stacy Gail (first published December 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Boom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boom

Stacey is Sassy
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He knew what he wanted and tripped her to get it.

Look, I'm not the sort of person who believes in love at first sight, but I do believe that an instant attraction can be the foundation for a relationship. Boom could be seen as love at first sight or insta-love. I think it was more about two people attracted to each other's looks first, then seeing beneath the surface and finding them even more appealing on the inside.

Quinn, sees a beautiful, tall redhead and it's the first time in two years tha
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
3.5 Stars

This was a decent sweet read for me. I really liked Quinn, he was a sweet, slightly alpha hero. Mia was OK, there wasn't anything specific about her that was annoying. I just thought the whole thing with her fiancee/not really fiancee thing went on way to long. She was suppose to be this super smart person, but really came off as super naive (or super brain dead) about Jackson.

The plot flowed nicely, but I did find parts of the book dragging, and I had to fight myself from skimming. The
Victoria
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 RATING- I stuck it out (even with a heroine I didn't respect much in the beginning) and am glad I did. The hero was definitely alpha but there was a light heartedness about him too. Kind of sappy at times, a bit cheesy too. Definite fluff but the kind that is easy to enjoy. I think this might be too chick lit/sweet for some of my friends but I liked it. I'll definitely read more in the series when available.
Amy M.
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance
This was the perfect book for the mood I was in. The romance was sweet and sexy.

Hero: (view spoiler)
Heroine: (view spoiler)
Romance: (view spoiler)
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a super sweet read. I didn't have any frustrations with how things went down. I think my main hang-up was the ending. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't enough for me. I wanted to see them happy in a big jump ahead epilogue. I know -- that's all my personal bias, but I know what I like ;). The H reminded me a lot of one of KA's good heroes. He was alpha in the best way (possessive but not OTT, loyal where nobody else existed, knew what he wanted and too
Dallison
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was in a book slump when I picked up this gem and BOMB I was hooked. I loved everything about it and I hope the author is serious about giving me more of Honey Pot. This is the first book I have read by Miss Gail and I am hooked.
Kelly
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hellllo, Quinn. There's something about a sexy man who has NO PROBLEM with casual, affectionate touching that works SO FREAKING WELL for me. So, HELLLLO, QUINN! I wouldn't mind seeing more of you!

(And, boy, do I want to know about his bother and cousins. Those guys have stories to tell. LOTS OF STORIES!)

*ahem* Now that the capslocking is out of the way, I want to talk about Quinn and Mia. I like Quinn and his drive. I like his dedication. I like how, despite not being a morning person, he made a
Danielle Tate
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I want a Quinn Kingfisher

This story was awesome I won't go into a lot of detail because you should read this goodness for yourself.It has a totally different feel than the House of Payne series which I love.This story was Sweet and Funny as heck with hot love scenes.I adored Quinn and loved Mia she was feisty and smart and the secondary characters were very enjoyable I'm hoping for more Kingfisher men
Michele Cooper
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! Funny, feisty, sexy, heartwarming -it had it all. The only reason I didn't finish it in one night was a flat battery because I completely lost track of time.
Pet
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
As previous reviews will show, I adore Stacy Gail's work. Her characters and their stories seem to hit all my happy places in just the right way, even when there is angst I can sympathize understand and ultimately forgive, because she shows both her characters struggles and humanity with an often heart wrenching clarity that you can't help but be pulled into their story.
That said, this story is not my favorite of her's sadly I think it fell just shy of her usual depth. Quinn was great, and Mia w
Jen
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I picked this up on a whim when an author recommended it on their Facebook page and I am so glad I did. It was a super sweet and fun read. Quinn is the perfect type of alpha, strong and dominate without being a jerk about it. Mia is fiesty and quirky. Their banter is funny. And early morning Quinn, adorable! It is the perfect light read without heavy angst. I really liked it and I can't wait to delve into more of her books!
S
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!! I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading this. the characters came to live on the pages and the pace of the book was awesome. I could't put it down and had to keep reading.

Definitely keeping Stacy on my list of auto-buy authors and can't wait until the next one comes out.
Dar
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read with lots of crazy shenanigans and an interesting cast of characters!
Sorhija
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread
Great to short read :))
Julia
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, dropbox
Cute but not particularly memorable. Nice that both the hero and heroine have such execrable taste in ex's.
Janine
Nicole
DNF @ 29%
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-and-fluffy
I hope we get more stories from this world eventually.
Dani Warner
May 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Tempting Alibi
  • Killer Secrets
  • Blindsided (The Sisters Series #1)
  • Rebuilding Stone (The Stone Brother, #2)
  • Bodyguard Dearest (Hot and Dangerous Book 1)
  • The Billionaire Game 3
  • Stroke of Fear
  • Devotion
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)
  • Scorched (Sizzle, #2)
  • A Midwife Crisis
  • Embattled Home (Lost and Found, #3)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
  • Forbidden Moon
  • The Cleaner (Born Bratva, #4)
  • Runaway (Safe Havens, #2)
“When a man loves his woman, he’ll turn himself inside out to make her happy. He’ll cherish her until she knows she’s cherished. He’ll never stop working on creating a safe haven for her and the children they’ll one day have, because even a king, if he’s smart, works his ass off to protect his queen. He watches for what makes her smile and for what makes her frown, and he never forgets the difference between the two. He’ll do whatever it takes to convince her that she’s his greatest treasure, and he’ll guard her with his every thought and word and action, because to lose her would be to lose his world. If she’s having a bad day where she’s feeling exhausted or sick or not pretty or whatever, it’s her man’s privilege to look her right in her gorgeous ice-chip blue eyes and tell her ‘I’m the luckiest man in the world to be with you, beautiful, and that’s a fact I’ll never forget.’ That’s how I believe a man should treat his woman, so that’s how I plan on treating you for the rest of our lives.” 11 likes
“I’m too tired to tell. Are you judging me?” “I’m judging that you’re too cute to be allowed out on your own.” 1 likes