Start by marking “On a Barbarian World (The Phoenix Adventures #6)” as Want to Read:
On a Barbarian World (The Phoenix Adventures #6)

On a Barbarian World

(The Phoenix Adventures #6)

When an independent deep-space scout crash-lands on an unknown alien world, the last thing she expects is to find herself claimed by a barbarian warrior.

Aurina Phoenix spends most of her time zooming through uncharted space and gathering intel for her family’s deep-space convoy, but her life takes an unexpected detour when a meteor shower brings down her ship. She finds
Published December 18th 2015

Start your review of On a Barbarian World (The Phoenix Adventures #6)
Chappy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, alien, sci-fi, erotica
3.5 intriguing stars

Got this book for free and didn't realize it was #8 of the series. It is a standalone and the first book where we end up on the "barbarian" planet. So I was able to overlook my "series-book-order" obsession ;D

I liked Aurina and Kavon, both strong and well developed MCs. This book is characterized as romance-adventure and it is...definitely has the feel of an Indiana Jones type story.
Marta Cox
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This is part of the Phoenix Adventures series featuring an assortment of cousins but as this book has a completely different feel it works very well as a standalone one or even just a one off read. That being said anyone who reads this story will probably want to read more as the author not only writes an adventure chock full of action but it's also a sexy romance with an unusual setting rife with mystery. I've previously enjoyed her sci fi world building but this time the action happens on a ...more
Hollie
This is the first book I have read in this series and I found it to be enjoyable. It was fast paced and had good balance of adventure. I'm glad it was offered as a kindleunlimited. I'll likely check out others in this series.
Mei
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
A very cute addition to the Phoenix Adventures series!
Loved both the hero (a big barbarian) and the heroine (an intelligent heroine) and their love story.
The feel here is not so much futuristic like in the previous books, but it is still interesting!
Looking forward to the next book!
Amanda
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always put Anna Hackett's books on the bottom of my to-read pile; but not for the reason you're thinking. Some authors are unable to write a bad book (it's rare, but it happens), and this is definitely the case with this author. So, I save the books for when I need a good sure fire read. I guess you can think of it as saving dessert for last.
This book was no exception, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sci-fi is a hard genre to write, it's a thin line between making characters different and relatable,
Dawn ♥ romance
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
I enjoyed this short and steamy science fiction romance with lots of exciting action that moved right along. I liked how the alpha heroine chipped away at the super-alpha hero's domineering attitude. Space traveling scout Aurina crash lands on a planet of barbaric warriors led by Kavon.
Marlene
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

This is the eighth, and possibly the last, book in Hackett’s Phoenix Adventures. Even though two of Aurina’s half-brothers are still searching for women who can put up with them, their stories do not appear to be on the horizon at the moment.

While the story in On a Barbarian World stands alone, it has its roots in Beyond Galaxy's Edge, where Aurina’s half-brother Justyn finally manages to catch the Patrol Captain who has been hunting his smuggling ass up
Donna Hanson
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great tale. I like the SF here and the handling of consent.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Phoenix Adventures #6
Rating: 3 stars - it was good

When Aurina Phoenix crash lands on a warrior planet she has no idea if she'll make it back to the Phoenix convoy or whether she'll be stuck in this primitive civilization. Kavon lives for revenge and Aurina is just one more thing in his way so he'll do anything to make sure he can succeed.

As usual Anna Hackett offers a great adventure for her readers and I especially enjoyed the low-tech vs. high-tech involved in this one. Aurina is a
May Sage
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five percent in, I knew I'd go looking for the other books from that series. It was obviously not the first, yet I could tell what was happening and it was awesome.
The treasure hunt was a bit lengthy but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish, and the rest is in my wish list!
Lisa
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Adult
I'm always happy when a new book by Anna Hackett comes out. It means good and exciting reading will be had by all.
Aurina and Kavon are the couple in this wonderful story. And since it's a Phoenix Adventures book, you know it's going to be the best.
Persephone
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty Good, Fast Read...

This is my first read from this author. The story was well-written and the characters pretty well-developed. Looking forward to the next installment.
Summer
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aliens, space
I enjoyed this story enough to go back and check out more in the series.
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
Not feeling right now......maybe I'll come back to it later. stopped @ 25%
Ariel Marie
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

I couldn't stop reading it!! Anna has done it again! I can't read the next book! Adventure, kiss butt heroine with a sexy Alpha , how can you go wrong?!
Nessa
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
THIS STORY HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL BUT IT GOT RUINED BECAUSE IT WAS TOO FAST PACED AND SUPERFICIAL. AND THE HEROINE JUST GOT ON MY NERVES A LITTLE...ITS LIKE THE AUTHOR WAS TRYING TOO HARD TO MAKE HER FLIPPANT AND INDEPENDENT.

OUR HERO is a Barbarian...well not really. His planet is a bit more setback compared to the future and when our heroine crashes on this backward planet, he is taken by her beauty and claims her for himself. Sounds thrilling? That's where it all ends. While I appreciate the
Pet
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't like Barbarian/alien/whatever abduction stories, they give me the willies and make me innerly uncomfortable. For me it's all about choice, the basic human right to choose freely . That's the key word for me, it means there is no "do this or that will happen", or "do what I say or this is the consequences", or the worst of all, "submit to me and I will reward you with something you really need". I absolutely can never believe that love can grow, survive, and thrive under restrictions, ...more
Kara Prem
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Heather
I got a free copy of the ebook from the author's newsletter.
This series just keeps getting better as it goes, with the introduction of new planets and characters.
Kavon is a Barbarian Warlord. Aurina is the sister of Justyn, Rynan and Dare Phoenix, cousins to the original Phoenix brothers. Aurina is a deep space scout for her brothers. She looks for planets to stop the caravan at to restock supplies and looks for any dangers that might be encountered. She gets caught in a meteor shower and
Liz
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh dang! I loved this book! It’s exactly the type of alien/sci-fi romance novel that I love.

This was my first Anna Hackett book so I will definitely be going back and reading the previous books in The Phoenix Adventures series. The writing was excellent and the whole treasure hunt and history aspect really made this a top notch sci-fi alien romance for me as the main story line didn’t just revolve around petty issues like other women or how they couldn’t be together (there was a tiny bit of that
Pam
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
Wow! How exciting. This is my first read from this author, but will definitely not be my last. What an amazing read. Everything I love in an adventure. Strong female, sexy alpha male, well developed character. Amazing world. I can't even think of a single wrong thing about the book I disliked. Loved the writing and direction of the world. Shhhh! Even read during work. I have to find another Phoenix Adventures book to read. Highly recommend.
sharon e hochstetler
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was amazing!!

Totally love Kavon. Strong. Protective of everyone under his care. Very smart. Aurina knows exactly what she wants. She is very brave and a bad ass fighter!! I love strong female leads that don't rely on a man for everything. But still sweet and soft enough to love.
Kbird
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aurina and Kavon, star flyer and barbarian.

Highly entertaining, the planet and culture of the barbarian inhabitants is interesting.

Steamy.

If you’ve been enjoying this series you will not be disappointed.
Meleeta Morris
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sexy big bad barbarian, buff said

She is a scout for a caravan and crash lands on a planet where a gruff bossy barbarian claims her. Read to find out what claiming entails and how tech meets no-tech. It's great.
Melissa Taylor
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What took me so long to read these??

True to Hackett fashion they just keep getting better and better. I have really enjoyed this series and can't wait to read the rest #TeamHacketteers
Claire
Not my favorite of the series - I wanted Aurina to be a little more stand-up-for-herself and not roll over and fall in love with Kavon so quickly - she didn't seem bothered enough by his high-handed behavior, based on what I thought I knew of her character.
Jennifer Erwin
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh this was a fun one. Great characters and really fun to read.
Elizabeth Fitzgerald
While the book tempered some pulpy sci-fi tropes with a modern feminist interpretation, I don't feel it was wholly successful.
Janet
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very nice story. Adventure, excitement, danger and survival. All that and still HEA. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Arcav Commander's Human (Arcav Alien Invasion, #3)
  • The Arcav King's Obsession (Arcav Alien Invasion, #2)
  • A Son for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #2)
  • The Arcav Prince's Captive (Arcav Alien Invasion, #5)
  • A Very Arcav Christmas (Arcav Alien Invasion, #6)
  • The Arcav General's Woman (Arcav Alien Invasion, #4)
  • The Arcav King's Mate (Arcav Alien Invasion, #1)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • High Plains Cyborg (Cyborgs on Mars #0.5)
  • Zar (Galaxy Gladiators #1)
  • Adored by the Alien Assassin (Warriors of the Lathar, #5)
  • Bonded To The Alien Centurion (Warriors of the Lathar, #7)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)
  • Tarrick (Warriors of the Lathar, #1)
  • Draekon Warrior (Rebel Force, #1)
  • Alien Commander's Mate (Warriors of the Lathar, #6)
  • Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)
  • Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to

The Phoenix Adventures (9 books)
  • At Star's End (The Phoenix Adventures, #1)
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3)
  • Beyond Galaxy's Edge (The Phoenix Adventures #4)
  • Return to Dark Earth (The Phoenix Adventures #5)
  • Lost in Barbarian Space (The Phoenix Adventures #7)
  • Through Uncharted Space (The Phoenix Adventures #8)
  • Crashed on an Ice World (The Phoenix Adventures #9)