Start by marking “Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)

Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  10,811 Ratings  ·  215 Reviews
Unable to avoid being drawn into the terrible conflict, Auraya, now protector of the Siyee, fears she will be unable to meet the conditions of the all-powerful gods she once served. And an offer from a mysterious woman may be impossible for Auraya to refuse, but, if revealed, would brand her an enemy of the gods. Now, the immortal Wilds will not be deterred in their quest ...more
Published January 30th 2007 by Harper Voyager (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Gods

Iris
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, 2010
I pretty much read this book in one day flat! Towards the end of the second book the storyline really picks up, and then this whole third book is literally unputdownable!

I'm just so impressed with the whole storyline; how different people's stories overlap and intertwine to combine into this really rich and complex narrative. Most of the characters were really well fleshed out and believable. Some of the points of view are more interesting than others (personally I always enjoyed the bits with
Charlie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 immortal stars!!

Every time I read this series it just gets even more enjoyable. After 10 years it's still my favourite fantasy series of all time.
Trevis
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I would have given this more stars if I could but alas... I started reading this book on 5pm Thursday 15th Sept 2011 and finished at 6am Friday 16th Sept 2011... then put it down... took a 5mins respite, got up drank one more coffee and went about my day.

If there's one thing I can say about AoF, its damningly original, easy to sink into and don't let up until the last page of the trilogy. I have personally never read any other of Trudi work but that's is about to change.

I'm very surprise at how
Ian
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
This review has previously been posted at Another World Book Blog.

It’s fair to say that the first two books of The Age Of The Five Trilogy were underwhelming to me. In spite of this I held on to the hope that history would repeat itself; that the third instalment of this Trudi Canavan trilogy would blow me away in the same manner as book three of The Black Magician Trilogy, had done. Regrettably, my hope was misplaced. Not only is Voice Of The Gods not in the same league as, The High Lord, it i
Raven
Oct 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, owned
I feel conflicted. In the beginning of this novel or more like the first half of it I thought that the writer had finally started getting somewhere and I actually was enjoying it more then the first two novels. With the last, say, 200 pages though, I wasn’t feeling enjoyment as much as frustration. The fact of the matter is one of the characters is so moronic in that part you want to throw the book across the room. It doesn’t help that she keeps going over a question to which you’ve possibly fig ...more
Dannii (lilbob1980)
Why oh why did it take Auraya so long to wake up and figure things out, it is rare that i figure things out before the main character as usually i am so emmersed in the story that i just take it as it comes. It was slightly annoying that she was so slow.

Other than that this was a great end to the trilogy, although when i first started reading this i thought it was going to be a series of five books. It was quite an easy read and i was able to emmerse myself in the book fairly easily.

If you have
Tierney
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Caution : Spoilers!!

Omg. Best book in the series by far, but it had a crap ending. I mean, i wanna know if Auraya and Mirar got back together, how the world survived without the gods, what happened to everyone. AHH. But i asked the author if she's writing another and she said no :/. Ah well, atleast it ended kinda well. But still, too abrupt with too much info left out.
This was the only book in the series that i actually looked forward to reading, i was really getting into it and couldnt wait to
Gabriel
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I pushed through today so I could finish this. Nothing really happened until the last 200 pages and hooollyyy shit the last 50 pages!! I was so close to believing this would turn out to be bad, but it took a massive turn.

I absolutely love the way Canavan explores the uses and ways of magic in all her books.
Stuart
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Fisher
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all of the books written by this author and once again this book achieved the same high standard. You either enjoy this genre or you do not. Pure escapism.

This book was the last of the 'Age of 5' trilogy and all of the loose ends were skilfully dealt with. However, I had guessed the main twist regarding the 'Gods' well before the end of the book - I will not spoil this aspect for any other readers. This did not detract my enjoyment of the book, which I found to be the usual page
Dhia Citrahayi
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasi, novel
Apa yang kamu lakukan bila kamu melihat tumpukan buku tebal + diskon dengan harga yang sangat menggiurkan, lalu menyadari bahwa genre buku tersebut merupakan genre yang kamu sukai?
Apa kamu akan mengabaikan tumpukan buku-buku itu?
Cuma melihat-lihat dan sekedar lewat saja?
Atau kamu akan kalap dan mengacak-ngacak tumpukan buku itu demi mendapat buku yang kamu inginkan?

Dan saya melakukan pilihan ketiga

Saya mendapatkan ketiga buku ini dengan harga yang cukup murah, yaitu 75000 untuk tiga buah buku.
Magda Pais
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2017
Inesperado. Apesar de se algumas situações reveladas neste terceiro livro da trilogia, a verdade é que algumas das revelações são surpreendentes, tal como a forma como se chega lá.

Confesso (e sem querer ser spolier) que a visão dos Deuses que A Idade dos Cinco nos traz é algo semelhante com a minha. Mas Trudi Canavan vai mais longe nessa visão e mostra como os mortais (e imortais) se podem revoltar contra os Deuses, tomando as rédeas do seu próprio destino.

Fiquei, mais uma vez, encantada com est
Bakasura
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Globally, I enjoyed reading these books. While it took me time to get interested in the story due to a start that I found slow, it became much more interesting in the 2nd book. I liked most point of view characters, how the world was built, the fact that things are rarely what they initially seem to be. What I liked less was that I found the ending to be a little bit rushed, what happens in the 3rd part of the 3rd book could have filled an entire book in itself. It will be hard to discuss with m ...more
Hayley
Kai
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
started 07/10/2009

This was a fantastic conclusion to a very good trilogy. I'd figured out most of the ending before I got to the second book, but I loved the interaction between the characters and the whole character build up. Canavan has a style of writing that really appeals and keeps you wanting to turn pages and finish the novel. My only problem was that I was looking for the next chapter right up until the last page and found I was disappointed there was no more.
Marzouq
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
The conclusion of the trilogy is surprising and satisfying. That is why I like this series, there is a satisfying ending which leaves you like a full meal but you like it so much you still want more. Trudi knows how to make her trilogies, I just hope she comes out with new ones soon.
Assia
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Finally i've finished it. Basically the same complaints that I had with the other two books. Majority of characters were boring and the story was so so slow and the ending was so abrupt.

The magician trilogy is better. Also not the best fantasy out there but much nicer to read.
Dune Elliot
Apr 13, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the entire 'Age of Five' trilogy but found that this final installment was a tad too predictable; I could see the end coming at the end of Book 2.
I did enjoy this book but would like to see more stories about 'The Wilds', they are what make the books more intriguing.
Hassaan
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Been years and years since I read this, but I still remember the big reveal at the end. It was brilliant, well executed, and brought a whole different meaning to the interactions characters had had since book #1
MJ
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a story! I loved this last book of the trilogy, although the last 3 pages I was a bit hmmmm naaaww. I found myself swept up in all the characters. The good the bad and the downright evil. Filled with hope, laughter , tears , agony and wonder. A definite must read!
Arinamidalem
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-series
Nicola
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
at the start it felt like it was another 'why am i bothering' book however at the end i was really glad i kept reading. there was a point to the story line !
nicely written
Alcalina
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Increible, épico, no me lo esperaba para nada. Trudi se sobrepasa más con cada libro
Rivalie (Le Petit Photograph)
3.5 out of 5 stars
Carina
Well. I really don't remember much of this book do I? Anyone who knows this story well and was reading my reviews these last few days must have been laughing their heads off... I totally mixed up the villain didn't I?!

So. This is a very good ending to the Age of the Five trilogy. During the previous two books I did think to myself a couple of times that it would be awesome to get a prequel to find out how The Gull became The Gull, or Mirar found his powers, met Emerahl, then came to fall out wit
Patrick
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The last book of this series leaves me conflicted.

On the one hand it's probably the best of the 3 books because a lot of things are explained and we see how Auraya changes slowly but surely because of the way how she is being treated, on the other hand in some way it's also the "worst".

In my opinion the focus that is layed here on the voices of the gods (Pentadrian side) is too much, we didn't learn much about them in the first two books and now they get way too much attention. Which isn't a bad
P Henderson
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of epic fantasy about immortals and gods
Shelves: purchased
I hesitate to give five-star reviews. Recently I've loosened up but I used to almost never give them. Books like this are the reason for that. That fifth star ought to be reserved for the rare and truly exceptional books that will have a lasting impact on me.

I read the author's "Black Magician" series a while ago and loved it. So, reading the other two books in this trilogy I was mostly thinking that it was pretty good but not as good as that earlier series. And for this series as a whole I wou
Ida Electra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, part-of-series
I really enjoyed reading this book, though it felt slow at times, as I was impatient to see how it would all play out. As the last book in the series, we get a lot of revelations in this book - some I suspected before having finished the first book, others were more surprising.
I enjoyed the continued character development in this book, and I especially love all the wilds. They are truly interesting characters that I would love to learn even more about.
The religion is, as it has been throughout
Sylvia Bruggen
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons, #3)
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)
  • The Reluctant Mage (Fisherman's Children, #2)
  • Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2)
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
“Wisdom and knowledge is everywhere, but so is stupity.” 64 likes
“Better to know the quick pain of truth than the ongoing pain of a long-held false hope.” 52 likes