Start by marking “Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)

Voice of the Gods

(Age of the Five #3)

Unable to avoid being drawn into the terrible conflict, Auraya, now protector of the Siyee, fears she will be unable to meet the conditions of the all-powerful gods she once served. And an offer from a mysterious woman may be impossible for Auraya to refuse, but, if revealed, would brand her an enemy of the gods. Now, the immortal Wilds will not be deterred in their quest ...more
Published February 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers Inc. (first published January 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Voice of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voice of the Gods

Start your review of Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)
Iris
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, 2010
I pretty much read this book in one day flat! Towards the end of the second book the storyline really picks up, and then this whole third book is literally unputdownable!

I'm just so impressed with the whole storyline; how different people's stories overlap and intertwine to combine into this really rich and complex narrative. Most of the characters were really well fleshed out and believable. Some of the points of view are more interesting than others (personally I always enjoyed the bits with
Charlie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 immortal stars!!

Every time I read this series it just gets even more enjoyable. After 10 years it's still my favourite fantasy series of all time.
Trevis
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I would have given this more stars if I could but alas... I started reading this book on 5pm Thursday 15th Sept 2011 and finished at 6am Friday 16th Sept 2011... then put it down... took a 5mins respite, got up drank one more coffee and went about my day.

If there's one thing I can say about AoF, its damningly original, easy to sink into and don't let up until the last page of the trilogy. I have personally never read any other of Trudi work but that's is about to change.

I'm very surprise at how
Ian
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
This review has previously been posted at Another World Book Blog.

It’s fair to say that the first two books of The Age Of The Five Trilogy were underwhelming to me. In spite of this I held on to the hope that history would repeat itself; that the third instalment of this Trudi Canavan trilogy would blow me away in the same manner as book three of The Black Magician Trilogy, had done. Regrettably, my hope was misplaced. Not only is Voice Of The Gods not in the same league as, The High Lord, it i
Raven
Oct 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, fantasy
I feel conflicted. In the beginning of this novel or more like the first half of it I thought that the writer had finally started getting somewhere and I actually was enjoying it more then the first two novels. With the last, say, 200 pages though, I wasn’t feeling enjoyment as much as frustration. The fact of the matter is one of the characters is so moronic in that part you want to throw the book across the room. It doesn’t help that she keeps going over a question to which you’ve possibly fig ...more
Dannii (lilbob1980)
Why oh why did it take Auraya so long to wake up and figure things out, it is rare that i figure things out before the main character as usually i am so emmersed in the story that i just take it as it comes. It was slightly annoying that she was so slow.

Other than that this was a great end to the trilogy, although when i first started reading this i thought it was going to be a series of five books. It was quite an easy read and i was able to emmerse myself in the book fairly easily.

If you have
Tierney
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Caution : Spoilers!!

Omg. Best book in the series by far, but it had a crap ending. I mean, i wanna know if Auraya and Mirar got back together, how the world survived without the gods, what happened to everyone. AHH. But i asked the author if she's writing another and she said no :/. Ah well, atleast it ended kinda well. But still, too abrupt with too much info left out.
This was the only book in the series that i actually looked forward to reading, i was really getting into it and couldnt wait to
Gabriel
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canavan
I pushed through today so I could finish this. Nothing really happened until the last 200 pages and hooollyyy shit the last 50 pages!! I was so close to believing this would turn out to be bad, but it took a massive turn.

I absolutely love the way Canavan explores the uses and ways of magic in all her books.
Tim Mercer
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the solid end to the series. I still found the conversations a little stilted but the story is good. You may have already seen the plot twist coming by half way through 3.5 stars
Stuart
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Fisher
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all of the books written by this author and once again this book achieved the same high standard. You either enjoy this genre or you do not. Pure escapism.

This book was the last of the 'Age of 5' trilogy and all of the loose ends were skilfully dealt with. However, I had guessed the main twist regarding the 'Gods' well before the end of the book - I will not spoil this aspect for any other readers. This did not detract my enjoyment of the book, which I found to be the usual page
Katie
I enjoyed the third installment of this trilogy, but didn't find the end as satisfying as I'd hoped. There were some interesting revelations in this one, and some great development, but there were some plot threads that never really developed and the larger conflict came so near the end that it felt sudden and a bit unresolved for me.
Bakasura
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Globally, I enjoyed reading these books. While it took me time to get interested in the story due to a start that I found slow, it became much more interesting in the 2nd book. I liked most point of view characters, how the world was built, the fact that things are rarely what they initially seem to be. What I liked less was that I found the ending to be a little bit rushed, what happens in the 3rd part of the 3rd book could have filled an entire book in itself. It will be hard to discuss with m ...more
Tommye Turner
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-read
SPOILER FREE

It’s difficult to review the final book in a trilogy without giving away any spoilers, so I will do my best to summarize!

Canavan ties up the loose ends in this one. All the secrets and mysteries that have been hinted at and explored in the previous two entries finally come together. Some are satisfying, others aren’t quite what I was expecting.

The secrets behind the Wilds and the Gods are my favourite part of this book – the whole series – and the ending of ‘Voice of the Gods’ was
Hayley
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Duffy
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy_fiction
Sylvia van Bruggen
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Elen-Hâf
I enjoyed the first book in this series and the second book was pretty good, but this book was a little bit of a let down.
I did enjoy it at the beginning, but towards the end I just had enough. I could see what was going to happen about 150 p.g before it even happened and I got frustrated at the main characters for not getting it too.
I do wish that the story carried on just a little more at the end since it's been 50 years since the events happened. Just so that we know what happens with all t
Robert Kirwan
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has always been one of my absolute favourite series and books. It’s definitely still a favourite but it does pale in comparison to some other more recent fantasy world. In its own right though, this is still and epic and exciting take that really takes off early and keeps going!!

This rounds out the story very nicely and wraps it up while leaving it open for a possible further series. It’s always been my opinion that this is one of Canavan’s best works and her writing really flourishes in t
Kai
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
started 07/10/2009

This was a fantastic conclusion to a very good trilogy. I'd figured out most of the ending before I got to the second book, but I loved the interaction between the characters and the whole character build up. Canavan has a style of writing that really appeals and keeps you wanting to turn pages and finish the novel. My only problem was that I was looking for the next chapter right up until the last page and found I was disappointed there was no more.
Marzouq
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
The conclusion of the trilogy is surprising and satisfying. That is why I like this series, there is a satisfying ending which leaves you like a full meal but you like it so much you still want more. Trudi knows how to make her trilogies, I just hope she comes out with new ones soon.
Dune Elliot
Apr 13, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the entire 'Age of Five' trilogy but found that this final installment was a tad too predictable; I could see the end coming at the end of Book 2.
I did enjoy this book but would like to see more stories about 'The Wilds', they are what make the books more intriguing.
Hassaan
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Been years and years since I read this, but I still remember the big reveal at the end. It was brilliant, well executed, and brought a whole different meaning to the interactions characters had had since book #1
Assia
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Finally i've finished it. Basically the same complaints that I had with the other two books. Majority of characters were boring and the story was so so slow and the ending was so abrupt.

The magician trilogy is better. Also not the best fantasy out there but much nicer to read.
MJ
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW what a story! I loved this last book of the trilogy, although the last 3 pages I was a bit hmmmm naaaww. I found myself swept up in all the characters. The good the bad and the downright evil. Filled with hope, laughter , tears , agony and wonder. A definite must read!
Sky
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good conclusion to my now favourite trilogy.

I did enjoy the second book more but this was still an excellent read. I've picked up another of Canavan's books from the library because I love her writing.
Arinamidalem
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-series
Nicola
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
at the start it felt like it was another 'why am i bothering' book however at the end i was really glad i kept reading. there was a point to the story line !
nicely written
James Palmer
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carina
Well. I really don't remember much of this book do I? Anyone who knows this story well and was reading my reviews these last few days must have been laughing their heads off... I totally mixed up the villain didn't I?!

So. This is a very good ending to the Age of the Five trilogy. During the previous two books I did think to myself a couple of times that it would be awesome to get a prequel to find out how The Gull became The Gull, or Mirar found his powers, met Emerahl, then came to fall out wit
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)
  • The Riven Kingdom (Godspeaker Trilogy, #2)
  • Die Schlacht am Rayhin (Kryson, #1)
  • Pirate Curse (The Wave Walkers, #1)
  • Diener des dunklen Hirten (Kryson, #2)
  • Space Team: A Lot of Weird Space Shizz: Collected Short Stories (Space Team, #6.5)
  • Space Team: The Collected Adventures: Volume 1 (Space Team #1-3)
  • The Rose and the Ring
  • La maldición del maestro (Crónicas de la torre, #2)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Sklepy cynamonowe / Sanatorium pod Klepsydrą
  • Die Verschworenen (Die Verratenen, #2)
  • The Black Hawks (Articles of Faith, #1)
  • Zdrada (Dziewiąty Mag, #2)
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set #2 (Wheel of Time, #4-6)
  • Die Vernichteten (Die Verratenen, #3)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)