Start by marking “Clear Blogging: How People Blogging Are Changing the World and How You Can Join Them” as Want to Read:

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Almost overnight, blogging has become a social, political and business force to be reckoned with. Your fellow students, workers and competitors are joining the Blogosphere, making money, influencing elections, getting hired, growing market share and having fun, to the tune of 8,000 new bloggers a day.

Clear Blogging (an Apress Technology in Action book) sets out to answer i
Published February 1st 2007 by Apress (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Clear Blogging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clear Blogging

Micah Elliott
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Although there are hundreds of blogging books in print, from my surveying this one appears to be the most relevant practical guide -- so I gave it an extra star. I liked it for the following reasons:

(+) good tips on building readership (plus some SEO)
(+) explanations of importance of garnering and giving referent links
(+) practical tips on monetization
(+) coverage of some useful tools I might not have otherwise discovered
(+) highlighting some popular blogging platforms
(+) engaging writing style
Debbie
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: web-design
I really enjoyed this book. I started my WordPress web design blog several years ago but had kind of let it languish for awhile. I read this book in July 2009 and it inspired me to start blogging again.

Although there's a lot of information for new bloggers, the part I found most useful was the section on defining 'beats' or topic areas. My blog is much more focused now and is drawing more attention, and it's easier to choose things to write about when you have a limited scope.
Christopher Sears
Clear Blogging is a good introduction to the world of blogging. I was able to learn about the business and art of blogging. I would call the target audience of Clear Blogging power bloggers, people who are trying to have a big impact with their blogs. There is more information on blogging power tools like feedburner and technorati than I really needed. However, there was enough good information for even casual bloggers like me.
Paulah
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a must-have manual for anyone seriously considering setting up a blog. The information is clear, very practical, well organized. I can't praise the author (or his editor) enough for the step-by-step approach used in each chapter, complete with handy summaries for quick review. Chock full of relevant examples and down-to-earth insights.
Carla Rose
Aug 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
If you want to learn about blooging for your business, this is the book for you. The author outlines different tips, strategies for blogging for various types of business large and small. This book also contains interviews and real life examples of business blogs. I rented this from the library but wouldn’t mind owning a copy.
Greta
Jan 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: writing
A lot of good information, although, given that the copyright date is 2006, I suspect much of it is already long out of date. But the basic overview is good, as well as the information on tags, RSS feeds, linking to other blogs, commenting on other blogs, blog layout and composing a post.
Jeramey
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
If you're new to blogging, this is probably a good book. If you're a veteran, this book isn't worth your time. The authors were likely well aware of this, I wasn't.
Nikki
Mar 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
This is a useful book if you're new to blogging. It was light on the practical stuff, and too heavy on the interviews/blog examples.
Josphine Aziz
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
very practical and well organized.
You do not need to read every chapter, you can jump to the one which meet Your needs directly.
Lyn
Oct 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
This book had the answers to every question I thought of and offered tons of helpful info I'd never have wondered about. This is great for all bloggers, private, professional, corporate or whatever.
Doc
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
good clear how to book for technophobes, a bit dated, but easy and informative
Vegan Viajo
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely engaging read with easy steps to follow. I have a lot of homework to do, but now I know I'm headed in the right direction
John