Start by marking “Ms. Understood: Rebuilding the Feminine Equation” as Want to Read:
Ms. Understood: Rebuilding the Feminine Equation

Ms. Understood: Rebuilding the Feminine Equation

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  225 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Throughout time, women have been identified in many conflicting ways. Sometimes goddesses, slaves, or seductresses, but always misunderstood—by themselves and others.

Jen Hatmaker uses examples from the five women named in Jesus’ lineage to help identify who a daughter of Christ is. From the woman who acted like a prostitute to the woman who was one, the widow to the adulte
Published May 9th 2008 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Understood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms. Understood

Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author. Can’t say enough how much I connect with her. A woman, a Christian, a feminist. Yes, mam! Love her perspective on scripture and being a female in a world that has its own ideas of Christianity.
I love what Hatmaker says about
Grace
Forgiveness
Love
Marriage
Feminist powers and goals
And most of all her quotes on Jesus’ ways of using broken, tainted, and imperfect people to exemplify His love.
“ whatever you did for the least and lost people, you did for me”

Rachel
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Jen Hatmaker writes, but this book was amazing and totally made me rethink biblical womanhood. It addresses 5 myths commonly believed about what it means to be a christian woman. So refreshing and liberating and Christ-centered.

Favorite quote: "If you are already delivered from the toxic sins that ailed you, you have two mandates: One, never, never, not for a moment forget where you came from. A growing faith tempts us to shift the credit from a sacrificial Savior to our dilige
Lizbeth Flores
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was one really funny, fascinating, educational, interesting and great book I will totally recommend for all women no matter what age, if your a teen or an adult. This book is perfect for all women. This book has strong words of god from the bible and a strong feminine background and how we are rebuilding the feminine equation. The part that really inspired me and influenced me to end the struggles I'm going through. That person who harmed you, physically/mentally abused you, you want reveng ...more
Carena Wood beimler
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
The beginning of the book was hard to get through. It started out by either jumping wildly from anecdotal story to anecdotal story, or by explaining that men disliked women Bc women had made themselves hard and guys don't like being around women who can do for themselves.
By the middle of the book I was committed to getting through it. It was full of familiar bible stories that just... I'm not saying she told the story wrong. It just felt a bit like she liberally applied her own ability to jump
Megan Nigh
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sigh. Ok, I get it. Hatmaker writes like a blogger and seems super relatable to a lot of women. Thats cool. HOWEVER, when you are writing about how women need to not be so judgmental and literally two pages later call the fellow girls at softball camp "man-girls" how am I supposed to take you seriously? I get that you are human and say things that are inappropriate that you don't mean hurtful, but still it seemed in bad taste. Go through the editing process and clean it up a little.

Also her rea
soteria
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've never read Jen Hatmaker before this book but I do want to read more of her work now. I didn't agree with all of her theology and as someone who believes in varying personality types I felt that she lumped females all in one emotional/intellectual group sometimes, however, she brought out some amazing points on Biblical women. I loved how she took the lives of Tamar, Rahab and Ruth to discuss the idea that no matter where we have been or what we have done, we can live to glorify God.
It wasn
Jennifer Jarrell
Is there such a thing as a bad Jen Hatmaker book?

Jen Hatmaker once again uses her humor and brilliant sarcasm to remind women that God designed us to be feminine, and we should not be ashamed of being female. She uses the examples of Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary to show us that God can use anyone in any situation to serve Him and bring Him glory.
Amanda Kingston
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Love Jen, love the premise of the book, but I think this sounds and feels very much like a western voice speaking into cultures that are not and ultimately causes harm. Wish there had been more research into this, I think it would have offered more empowerment and insight to women and the heart of God.
Aimee
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Another great choice by my favorite Christian author. Love her funny way of getting her point across!
Alexis
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hilarious but truthful & thought provoking book. I am a Jen Hatmaker fan!!!
Whitney
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK. I'm tempted to buy a copy for every woman I know, it's that good.
Wesley
I really thought this book was great, funny and uplifting. Check out the full review on my blog : http://libraryeducated.blogspot.com/2...
Oliva Silva
Apr 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
This chick is hilarious! Such a feminist, but hilarious!
Monica
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just love Jen Hatmaker! Her words, her wisdom, and her love of God.
Tiffany
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Classic Jen Hatmaker...thoughtful, deep, and hilarious. Loved it.
Janet Messer
Loved it! It gives a different perspective on females in the bible, humorous as well.
Cara
Kara Nichols
Nov 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What Are You Waiting For?: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex
  • Confessions of a Good Christian Girl: The Secrets Women Keep and the Grace That Saves Them
  • Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting On With the Great Life God Intends
  • Love and Respect for a Lifetime: Gift Book: Women Absolutely Need Love. Men Absolutely Need Respect. Its as Simple and as Complicated as That...
  • Reluctant Entertainer, The: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • Freefall to Fly: A Breathtaking Journey Toward a Life of Meaning
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • Quitting Church: Why the Faithful Are Fleeing and What to Do about It
  • God on the Streets of Gotham: What the Big Screen Batman Can Teach Us about God and Ourselves
  • The Anxious Christian: Can God Use Your Anxiety for Good?
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Gray Matters: Navigating the Space between Legalism and Liberty
  • Can I Have and Do it All, Please?
  • Miracle on Voodoo Mountain: A Young Woman's Remarkable Story of Pushing Back the Darkness for the Children of Haiti
  • Restless Virgins: Love, Sex, and Survival at a New England Prep School
  • Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole
  • Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World
  • Pursue the Intentional Life
Jen Hatmaker is the author of the New York Times bestseller For the Love and happy hostess of a tightly knit online community where she reaches millions of people each week. She and her husband, Brandon, founded the Legacy Collective, a giving community that granted more than a million dollars in its first year. They also starred in the popular series My Big Family Renovation on HGTV. Jen is a mom ...more
More about Jen Hatmaker