Start by marking “Rushing Waters” as Want to Read:
Rushing Waters

Rushing Waters

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Danielle Steel fearlessly tackles a catastrophe and its aftermath with characters who are joined together by accident, then share their vulnerabilities, regrets, losses, and hopes.

Hurricane Ophelia is bearing down on New York City. And in a matter of hours, six people, along with their families, friends, and millions of other New Yorkers living aro
Published August 30th 2016 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Rushing Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rushing Waters

Start your review of Rushing Waters
Suzanne
This was a quick read. I liked it but didn't really warm up to the characters. Some were just not likeable and the others just didn't grasp me. The story had inspiring elements but I just could have done without a few of the characters POVs or even them being in the story.

Overall, a quick read to entertain you for an evening.
Mandy
Sep 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
She just needs to quit writing. It all sounds the same anymore.
Tiffany Faw
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not her best. Saw where most of the storyline was going to go.
Should have made a whole book around the college kids.
Nancy
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3.4 Danielle Steel has her writing down to a science. She has a new background topic each time..but similar outline...plug it the characters and have an enjoyable read. Background topic is hurricane hitting NYC, ..with main characters, Ellen, Charles, and Peter. " You can never predict what's going to happen in life." But with a DS book your chances are pretty good.
Alyssa Lane
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was awful. This is my first and LAST time ever reading this author. I guess it's what I should expect from a grocery store novelist but still- this was extra bad.
The concept for the story sounded cool (I'm all about those Day After Tomorrow scenarios and I love stories about storms and natural disasters). Well that is not what this is. This is a (very bad) romance following a million different boring and unremarkable characters as they make idiotic decisions through a hurricane in New York
Gina
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well. Danielle Steel.

I read almost all of her books throughout the decades. Although I haven't entered most of them here on Goodreads, I will get around to it sometime. The thing about her books is that she writes about how people can be resilient and kind, even in the trying, though usually very contrived times she writes about. I am willing to be taken away by her stories - some better than others - when I need a little break from some of the other books I read. I like how her characters are
Fluff Smut & Murder
Sep 30, 2016 rated it did not like it

This is so not a disaster book. What could have been a great departure for Danielel Steel is just another thinly veiled beautiful woman story who loses almost everything but also manages to find an amazing apartment in NYC after a hurricane that only lasts for about three chapters. Seriously? Just don’t even pick it up.

What I loved: The dogs don’t die in the book. Thank goodness. Nothing else.

What I didn’t love: Let’s see…why have additional characters (Juliette, Charles,
Abigail
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-books
In my 48 years on this planet, I'd never read a Danielle Steel novel. I wish I hadn't read this one.

I'm giving it two stars because it's not the most awful thing I've read, but I would certainly prefer to have those hours I spent on it back. The plot should be exciting and full of action, but it felt slow, the characters are not sympathetic or relatable, the writing is high school-ish at best.

Ugh.
Laura Rash
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again DS created a story that was timely, weaving tragedy with adversity & family. Her books are like comfort food.
Tim
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
The depressing stands out more than the positive in this story of lost and found love in the midst of tragedy. 4 of 10 stars
Jeanne
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical Danielle Steel, but a good, quick read. Would have liked more on the blossoming romance between the ER doc and OES worker. Just OK for me as really nothing new from the author. 4 out of 10.
Jaylee Neal
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book Danielle, I loved it it took me a bit to finish this. I want to see Danielle do something out of New York, maybe Nashville, Los Angeles something!
Delissca
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know what's going on with Danielle Steel. I'm not sure if she has other people writing her stories for her these days or what. But, she is whipping out about 1 book every other month. So, the books that she has been doing the last few years are just so-so.

Her ability to tell a story used to be incredible. She drew you in immediately and kept the plot moving along. Her characters were all very vivid and you felt whatever they were going through.

But the last 4 or 5 books I've read by her
lacy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Danielle Steel
Another solid piece of work from Danielle Steel. In this book, we follow the lives of Ellen Wharton, Charles Williams, Juliette Dubois and Peter Holbrook and how they survive Hurricane Ophelia. Most of the characters interacted with each other in some way, which is a staple with Steel. Charles and Ellen meet on a plane to New York. Juliette and Peter meet at a hospital.

I guess I don't really have much to say about this book. It was very character driven, which is another staple of Steel's novel
Sandra Heinzman
A novel about a hurricane that hits New York City. A story about various groups of characters and how their lives are impacted because of the catastrophe. I was intrigued by all of them. I fond this book to be a quick read and I liked it a lot. I've read most of this author's books and I'm liking her latest books, including this one, more than last year's books. I recommend this one highly!
Cyd
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This could have been a great book, or a couple of books. Stories are intertwined, but the characters seem flat. I feel she should have fleshed out the major characters, and eliminated some the others.
Marwan Emad
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A 3.75 I would say.
This is a very beautifull, well written Novel about how a Hurricane/a Natural disaster can affect multiple lives in a bad and a good way. This is a Novel about the bad things that’ll always be ok at the end. This is a Novel about humanity and how we cluster together as one when things are emergent, and how we can tear at each other when things are not
This novel is very well written and u get attached and you live almost every scene with every character out there but yes
Emma Maher
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a Danielle Steel book in ages, maybe years but loved her writings as much as when I read her books before. This book was just like I remember Danielle Steel to be: terribly romantic, heartbreaking, bitter sweet, and very very depressing at times but so well written that your heart breaks for the people in the book that you want to know that their lives improve and become happier which they mostly always do smiles. This book was so worth the read. I am used to a woman reading her b ...more
Amy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
When it ended, I wanted to throw my Kindle across the room. Never again. DS was great when I was young and foolish. I am no longer those things.
Kristi
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge Danielle Steel fan. I loved this book!
Magi
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story it was different from what I usually read an enjoyable afternoon with a good book.
Lynette Rambousek
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Throughout the book, I wanted to know what next was to happen to Ellen. Enjoyed the flow of events.
Louise Marie
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have not read her in a long time. I loved loved loved this book.
Angela Austin
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always enjoy this author. Great read and good story line.
Angie Bauman
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I love natural disaster stories, really got involved in the character development that it was hard to put down. I haven’t read this particular author in a while as sometimes her books are to much fluff but this was not.
Jackie Knapton
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could feel the emotions flowing off the pages during the tragic event.
Debra
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Good!

As always Ms. Steel has written a beautiful moving story about moving on after the devastation of a hurricane. Highly recommend!
Rima Ben Hammadi
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a good book. I liked the variety of characters and the different stories. It made me cry a little.. I normally find STEEL's book to be a little dull, but this one was good.
Tina
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
I have to say that I honestly do not believe that I have ever read a book by Danielle Steel that I didn't absolutely love! Every single book that I have read by her has been fantastic! Whenever you pick up a book by Danielle you can be sure that you are getting your money's worth. The characters are always so well thought-out that you are immediately captivated by them. There are some I remember because I totally loved them and there are some that I really disliked, but either way, I remember th ...more
Kookie9200
Sep 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't even know where to begin with this book. Ms. Steel seems to have lost her touch. I didn't connect with any of the characters, and two of the storylines were simply completely superfluous and unneeded. This book was billed to be about the interconnection of lives amid the tragedy of Hurricane Ophelia, but it failed miserably. The only characters the book truly focused on were Ellen and her mother, Grace. The hurricane was nothing more than a plot device, and the actual storm took up no mo ...more

• Araluen
  • The Call of the Pines
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
“Ellen ran their home precisely the way” 0 likes