Start by marking “BrewGirl (BrewGirl #1)” as Want to Read:
BrewGirl (BrewGirl #1)

BrewGirl (BrewGirl #1)

What happens when a feminist meets the chauvinist of her dreams?

When Zoe Taylor was a pudgy brown little girl in the mid-Eighties, she dreamed of being one of the tall, thin, and white BrewGirls – the spokesmodels for Windy City Brewery, the staple beermaker of Chicago for over a century.

Fast forward to 2016 – Zoe’s thirty-five, more curvy than pudgy, and working for Win
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 190 pages
Published February 20th 2016 by Hampton Estates Press/WriteGirlProblems Press

To ask other readers questions about BrewGirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BrewGirl

Katrina Ayala
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author who gifted me this book in exchange for an honest review. You can submit requests to me here at http://bit.ly/1Ti4hLE

When I was originally asked to review BrewGirl, I was a bit hesitant. I usually shy away from anything involving romance, especially heterosexual romance. I decided to take on the challenge anyway and let me tell you, I am so glad I didn’t pass this one up.

Eliza David brings to life a strong, independent black woman in modern day Chicago. I found the female
Kelly McDonald
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eliza David has done it again, and if it’s possible, she’s done it better than before. Zoe Taylor and the other strong, trail-blazing female characters in this book made me smile, cringe, SMH and empathize throughout the entire story. I was fortunate enough to have four flights the weekend this book came out and I enjoyed every minute of solitude and peace while I devoured Brew Girl from the Midwest to the East Coast and back. What really spoke to me about this story is the way the relationships ...more
Lisa Tetting
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Eliza's writing. In fact it was recommended by a blogger friend. I was very happy I took the advice. This book is wonderfully refreshing. It is good to know that even a feminist can be taken to task and forget herself at the hands of a good looking man who knows his way around the bedroom. Being taken in by a shady man is not just for silly girls who pine for a husband and two kids.

Zoe was a proud feminist who lost herself for a time, but in the end she returned to
A.M. Leibowitz
This was my first book by Eliza David, but it won't be my last. So far, this is hands-down the best book I've read this year. I know a book is good when it can bring me a full range of emotions, everything from laughing my butt off to wanting to smack every character to crying both with sadness and with joy and relief.

I picked it up because feminist-me loved the concept: a feminist falls for a misogynist. I'll admit, I wondered if that could possibly go anywhere but wrong on so many levels, and
Ginger
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
* ARC provided for an honest review *

Brewgirl was my first Eliza David read. While chick lit isn't my go to genre, I enjoyed this one. In this story we follow our heroine, Zoe, through a few struggles in her life... work, family, friends, men... It took me awhile to connect with Zoe, but eventually I did. I love strong female leads but I like them to have a certain softness about them too. To not be so guarded & defensive. To me Zoe was definitely a strong lead but she was a little too guar
Debra Henderson
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Following her Debut series of The Cougarette
(which I absolutely LOVED----Read those, babies!!)

Here comes BrewGirl.......with little Zoe Taylor.......feminist to the nth degree. I loved her strong character, she was on her way---a great career----her best friend Ben----a loving family unit/Parents & siblings-----BUT, all this got all kindsa contorted when she met the L.A. fella, Nick. He was handsome, sexy, and had the most beautiful eyes, lips, and well.......yeah.
This story follows Zoe as
Audra
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I finished a book in a day. If you haven't already gotten your life, you should. Snap this up!
SL Thomson
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a whirlwind of a story taking place over the span of a few short months and it is jammed packed with drama, sexiness, betrayal, cheating, spying, lying and interracial romance and sex. If any of these things gets you "all up in your feelings" (omg I so hate that term... but was challenged to used it) then this may not be the book for you. But if you enjoy a good saucy read with a strong female MC...then honey... I say dive right in and do not delay.

This book combines fluid story telling
Kynea
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I saw the title for BrewGirl in the feed of another member on Goodreads and decided on a whim to purchase it. I loved it and I cannot wait until the second book comes out. Yes, Zoe is a little loose but she finally decides what it is that she wants out of life and her relationship with Nick was just what she needed at the time to get her on the right track. I’m glad that things worked out with Franny and Stacey. I really enjoyed this book..
Robyn
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After a couple of starts, this book drew me in and kept my attention to the very end. The heroine, Zoe, really pissed me off but I guess that's what kept me reading. I follow a blog that suggested this book as a good read and I'm so glad to have followed the recommendation. Good work Eliza...keep 'em coming!
CawfeeDrinker
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
ZoZo is such an approachable and relatable character! She has realistic inner conflicts...thank you, Eliza David, for acknowledging the inner conflicts of us Feminists! The dialogue in Brew Girl surpasses the first couple Cougarette books...Eliza David keeps getting better and better. :)
Shellie
Mar 31, 2016
Taida
rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2016
Teinevai
Oct 20, 2016
Eliza
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ash
May 26, 2016
Denise
is currently reading it
May 26, 2016
Eliza David is the contemporary romance author of eleven self-published novels, including the Cougarette series. She was born and raised on the noisy South Side of Chicago, but now lives in quiet Iowa City, one of the renowned Cities of Literature. A member of the Romance Writers of America (RWA), Eliza also maintains a local literary presence, serving on the Iowa City Public Library’s Board of Tr ...more