Start by marking “Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale” as Want to Read:
Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale

Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale

In DO ANYTHING, Luke Smitherd brings you two more Tales Of The Unusual:

CLOSURE: A winter walk in the woods seemed like a great idea to Gary and his wife, Carla. But when another version of himself appears and kidnaps Gary's wife before his very eyes, Gary must decide whether or not to use the strange mechanical devices his duplicate has left him ... and then live with
Published January 1st 2016 by Flying Body Press

To ask other readers questions about Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale

Start your review of Do Anything - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale
Ripley
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Closure" is the universe hopping account of a man whose wife is kidnapped by someone who looks exactly like himself. Gary is then given instructions and the choice to do the same thing. Luke Smitherd has created another tale of parallel universes very similar to the "In the Darkness That's Where I'll You" saga. His system of time/dimension leaping is believable because he has not deviated from the facts that he's already laid out, in his world centering in and around Coventry.

"Your Name Is In
Renee G
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Wow. Dark, and wonderful

I enjoyed Closure but Your Name is in the Book blew me away. Smitherd writes such original material with real, flawed characters that I always fad myself loving them- even the unlovable ones. In this story I was really caught off by the end. Darker than some of his other work, and worth every word.
Jameson Skaife
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A couple good short stories for a quick read. You can definitely tell these were written by Luke if you've read his other work. Very interesting premises that make you question time, reality, humanity and our relationships. My only complaints are there were a few typos and I wish the stories were a bit longer and more developed.
Doug
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great one

I really like Luke Smitherd. This book consists of two imaginative novellas. Both with unexpected twists and.turns. Highly recommended if you like things liken the Twilight Zone.
Fern  Love
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my all time favourite authors. I have been a fan of his since I listened to How to be a vigilante.

I didn't realise this was two separate stories and kept expecting them to be linked in some way. I was wrong.
Bob Reiss
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Short tales

Lots of interesting concepts. Smitherd packs a lot into these shorts. I enjoyed Closure more. Didnt quite connect with the characters in Your Name is In the Book but fascinated with the world.
Lorraine
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the sci-fi thinking but it makes my brain hurt a bit sometimes. Thought provoking too.
Isis
I would like to thank Luke Smitherd for gifting me a copy of this ebook to review. Although I received this book for free, that has no bearing on the honesty of my review.

Goodreads Blurb: "In DO ANYTHING, Luke Smitherd brings you two more Tales Of The Unusual:

Joanne
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The two short stories included in this book are all about choices and the consequences of those choices on ourselves and others. These stories may leave you with a palpable sense of unease because you'll be wondering what you would do in the same situations, whether you would be right or wrong, and whether your decisions would change your view of the very concepts of right and wrong. We don't like to think about things like that because it is uncomfortable to do so, but the characters in these ...more
Simon Haine
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Read

I've read all books written by Mr Smitherd now, and there hasn't been a single one that hasn't had me hooked from the start. A few are short stories, of which two are included in this offering. My preference is for full length novels, to help keep the enjoyment going for longer. I'd be a fool however if that stopped me from picking these fellas up, as they are easily amongst the best I've read.

This book contains Two stories; the first explores the possibilities of inter
Connie Looson
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, and intriguing. I was immediately drawn into both of these strange but compelling stories. There's a wonderful Whatifness in Luke Smitherd's work. I often travel down similar rabbit holes in my middle distance journeys, so it was a joy to read something so well thought out and then executed so cleverly. I'm off to buy another of his works. Totally recommend this one!
Shellie
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent stuff

Real honest to goodness Sci Fi speculative fiction written brilliantly. Highly recommend, both stories a real page turner. Bloody hell this word limit thing in reviews is a real pain in the ****
Jenny
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Mr. Smitherd. His wonderful novellas are like odd candy for me. Just enough to get me interested and stopping before I have to REALLY think about all of the weird stuff that he points out.

Well done and worth the read.
Tejas
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Intriguing short stories for one who enjoys time travel loops!
Terry  (TBC)
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant as always. Luke has a unique take on his brand of otherworldly tale writing, read them all and refuse to miss any by him.
Nicki
Jan 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Chasing the Dime
  • Industry of Lies: Media, Academia, and the Israeli-Arab Conflict
  • Winning A Debate With An Israel-Hater: How to Effectively Challenge Anti-Israel Extremists in Your Neighborhood
  • Enemies and Neighbors: Arabs and Jews in Palestine and Israel, 1917-2017
  • Terradox Quadrilogy: The Complete Box Set (Books 1-4 of the Thrilling Space Opera and Sci-Fi Exploration Series)
  • Wakenhyrst
  • Colony Mars Ultimate Edition: Books 1-5 of the Highly Entertaining Hard Sci-Fi Thriller.
  • Rebellion. The Complete Series.
  • Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect
  • Tall, Dark and Kilted
  • The Cartel (Power of the Dog #2)
  • The Picture On The Fridge
  • Dark Space: The Complete Series (Books 1-6)
  • The Best Year Of Our Lives: Growing up in the 1970s, a group of young people ride the age and reach for the stars
  • Cyber Seed Quadrilogy: The Complete Box Set (Books 1-4 of the Near-Future Sci-Fi Technothriller Series)
  • Before and After
  • Foe
  • The Black Pearl: The Glasgow Chronicles 12
Born under a Derbyshire sky, to the sounds of a doctor saying "I know they all look bad fresh out of the oven, but bloody hell..."

Professional writer; singer and guitarist, darts enthusiast, workaholic suffering from chronic procrastination (conflict!), comics nerd.

If you like my stuff, please leave a nice star rating, and tweet/post a status about it. You'll be doing me a bigger favor than I can

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...