Start by marking “Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers, #3)

Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  1,469 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Romantic complications occur when Kazuya, furious about the kiss between Domyoji and Tsukushi, challenges Domyoji to a squid fishing competition. Domyoji starts spreading rumors that Tsukushi is in love with him. When he discovers she's in love with Rui, he goes on a rampage - a rampage that turns into an attack on Tsukushi. This volume also reveals the future plans of the ...more
Published December 3rd 2003 by VIZ Media (first published June 25th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Boys Over Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys Over Flowers

Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Me ha encantado!
Dec 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
0.5 star.

Let's describe the love interest:

- This guy hit a girl. Hard. On her face. Because she was annoying.

- This guy attempted to rape his love interest. Oh, wait. He regretted it almost instantly so "he is not a bad guy". I was more scared of him that Makino was in this scene.

- This guy has a history of having a fight so hard that the other guy almost died of internal injuries.

- This guy started a fight with another student in school, and when his friends asked him to stop it, he said: "What
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
this series is growing on me, like some freakish dandelion. it's so funny how tsukasa can't put two and two together, that he likes tsukushi. or for that matter, no one around him can put that together. there are some things i would like to point out. you can't develop autism, nor can you grow out of it. you can become catatonic, manic depressive, or even develop a lazy eye, and overcome all of those, but you never grow out of being autistic. i mean, the symptoms described were no where near aut ...more
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
2 stars. Oh dear God, no. This was terrible. Sexual assault is a very serious topic and no one treats it like it is in this series. That is not okay at all with me. Domyoji is a psychopath and is absolutely terrifying. This is making me like this series less and less with each volume. The thing with the anime and K-Drama adaptations at the very least is that there were those emotions there. You felt the pain and the intensity because they gave you those moments and reactions to, but here everyth ...more
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, romance
While there are moments I’ve really enjoyed in this series, I'm feeling very wary about the overall storyline. Right now, I don’t know how Domyoji can be justified as a romantic hero--he’s hurt another boy to the point of serious injury; he’s struck a girl in anger; and he’s made Tsukushi the victim of sexual assault *twice.*

While he has some very sweet moments, I can’t get past his violent behaviour and root for him. Unless the manga-ka seriously sets about reforming him--and having him apolog
Polina ♆
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
It's so wrong that I'm addicted to that, but I can't help it...
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bullying, wealthy-mc
I'm going to say it: yes, the last chapters were absolutely horrid. No, there is no excuse.

Yes, I'm still continuing on. (This series was written almost 20 years ago, there is going to be problems.)
Amera Amer
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Still not sure what I think about this overall... but at least interesting plot twists are afoot.
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume 3 of Boys Over Flowers has some questionable issues that makes it a hard volume to like. And yet I still find it an interesting series.

A lot of the volume is your standard melo-drama. All the kids are at a party at a resort. Domyoji and Tsukushi accidentally kiss. Tsukishi is absolutely horrified that she wasted her first kiss on this person she hates, especially since she didn't mean to kiss him (this is a theme I've seen in other manga too). Rui is embarrassed that his beautiful friend/
Miss Ryoko
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Whoa!! Pardon my language, but shit be hittin' the fan yo!

Ho boy... The manga-ka made a mention in one of her side panels that Tsukasa has more fans than Rui which just goes to show the violent, bad boy types are the most sought after all over the world. And I still don't understand this.

Now, I've seen a lot of reviews where people have commented about the near sexual assault making them feel uncomfortable or it was something they didn't like. Personally, the scene did not bother me. Things like
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
There was something in the way all of the characters came together that I found irresistibly compelling about this series. It did remind me a lot of Ouran while I was reading it and maybe that is why I liked it so much. Tsukushi is an interesting protagonist, I loved when she started taking action and sticking up for herself.

While I wasn’t overly fond of the artwork style I was able to get past it because I my love for the storyline. This is an honest story with twists and turns, ups and downs,
Diana Delgado
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ifelt bad for one of the characters because she had sex with a boy that she really didnt like.I ee that as the boy really didnt care because he didnt say sorry.I see boy as a rapist.I that was me,god forbit,i would never forgaved him.she must of felt reall bad for the fact that she had to face him at some party that her invited her to.I think that people can learn from this book because the action that happend in this book it happens in reall life.what people can think about is that you cant tru ...more
Brilliant Hermione
Pengen jedotin pala keriting Tsukasa ke tembok Beijing. Cemburu bin marah sih boleh-boleh aja coy, tapi nggak harus melakukan adegan percobaan perkosaan juga kan?

Blah, nggak habis pikir kenapa arrogant bastard kayak Tsukasa bisa-bisanya hidup, bernapas dan punya dua kaki (ya iyalah, namanya juga manusia punya dua kaki; emangnya gurita punya tentakel delapan). Okay, abaikan saja review absurd saya yang nggak jelas ini.
Feb 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Aishiteruze Baby's story hooked me in one volume. Ouran HS Host Club had interesting characters. There is just nothing for me to work with here in BOF. I don't like the character designs, the storyline is confusing, and now in this volume it's going places I'm not willing to follow. Attempted rape is not something to treat as lightly as the characters and the author do, and this is the second time in just three volumes.
Sep 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: youngadult, manga
The almost sexual assault seems to be a standard ingredient in many romance manga series, but it's definitely an uncomfortable one for me. Dangerous, but good, men have long been a staple of the romance genre, but there's a line and sexual assault is on the other side of it. The tone of this series swings wildly, but I'm hooked enough that I'll keep reading.
Roda Mohamed
Sep 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Awful turn, potential love interest has essentially just sexually assaulted the main female. Like how is that justifiable? He is irredeemable and I fear where that story line is going. Also it is casually revealed that he beats people within an inch of their lives just because he can and knows daddy will get him out of trouble. I have no idea if I will continue with this series.
Diana Lynn
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Aahh omg I adore this volume! I was so much more involved in this one and though he's suchhh a child, I love Doumyouji! It's more explicit than the Korean drama for sure, but I'm loving it. On to the next.
Ruby Escalona
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Another cute read, and another tsukasa and tsukuji love story :)
I don't know what else to say, there are 20+ volumes and I can't stop myself from picking up the next few books! Already have books 4-6 in hand, and just waiting for the time to finish them
Mar 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2008, shojo
In which Tsukasa and Tsukushi both violently attack different people and realize that they may have something in common after all (scary violent tempers??). More early nineties fashion, an octopus dance, and a competitive fish-off. Of course I can't help liking it.
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo
[See review under vol. 1:]
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh man... this story is so problematic but I'm enjoying it for what it is. I also watched the Korean Drama based on this so I have some nostalgic feelings towards these characters.
michelle pham
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I completely forgot that I checked this out of the library until today. The only reason I am sticking with the series is that I like the minor characters and want to see what happens with them.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 8 Maret 2003.
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one was better than the other two but tsukasa is still a horrible person. He's super toxic and abusive.
Violet Sakura
Dec 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm really-really starting to like this!! I laughed so hard!!! And I couldn't make myself turn the page, where Doujyou attacked Makino, but kissed her gently!!! And Shizuka, OMG!!!
Mugi Chan
Jul 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading this manga it is so funny I don't like the art all that much but the story line keeps me wanting to read it also the drama is amazing!
  • Mars, Volume 08
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 6 (Marmalade Boy, #6)
  • 天使なんかじゃない―完全版 1 [Tenshi Nanka Janai: Kanzenban 1]
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
Yōko Kamio (神尾葉子) is a popular Japanese manga artist and writer. She is most famous for Boys Over Flowers (花より男子, Hana Yori Dango?), for which she received the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1996. Her work has been translated and distributed in Asia, Europe, and North America.

Yōko Kamio readily admits that she had no intention of becoming a professional manga artist when she was young. Kamio originally
More about Yōko Kamio...

Boys Over Flowers (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 1 (Boys Over Flowers, #1)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 2 (Boys Over Flowers, #2)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers, #4)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 5 (Boys Over Flowers, #5)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 6 (Boys Over Flowers, #6)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 7 (Boys Over Flowers, #7)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 8 (Boys Over Flowers, #8)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 9 (Boys Over Flowers, #9)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 10 (Boys Over Flowers, #10)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 11 (Boys Over Flowers, #11)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)