Start by marking “When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance #2)” as Want to Read:
When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance #2)

When I'm Weak

(Mile High Romance #2)

ebook
Published December 17th 2015 by Aria Grace (first published December 2015)

To ask other readers questions about When I'm Weak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I'm Weak

Start your review of When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance #2)
Trio
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOTE
My review of the whole series of audiobooks is up on the blog. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.kimmerseroticbookbanter.co...

If you're an audiobook fan, I highly recommend doing the series this way - it was an incredible experience going through one of my all-time favorite series this way.

My Original Review of Book 2

That is definitely one of the most attention grabbing opening scenes I've read in a long while. The whole way through the story I kept wondering how
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

**copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review**

After an unfortunate event Jamie's future is derailed. A server at a gay bar, Jamie is forced to flirt with some of the lowest of low life's for tips. He meets Reed there and they are attracted to one another, but Jamie pushes him away. Jamie has a secret that could destroy everything Reed has worked so hard to build.

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I thought it needed more. The story flowed
Carra
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While When Im Weak is part of a series, it is able to be read as a standalonebut personally I think When Its Right should be read first so you can have the backstory of some of the supporting characters that appear in this book (mainly Shane and Alex). For me, reading the series in order made it more enjoyable, and I loved that I was able to see how Alex and Shanes relationship had progressed since the first book.

I really liked Reeds character. I love that he is so supportive of his sister and
Popcorn
Feb 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5* stars

Second book in the mile high series. This can be read as a standalone, although characters from the first book pop in. This had a little sting in its tail in the prologue and although the chapter starts four years later, I think an opportunity was missed around the aftermath. The plot wasn't so light and fluffy as the first, but again, the page count doesn't allow too much depth. The ending is a prelude for book 3 and its a little bit of a shocker!
Penumbra
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Im Weak is the second book in the Mile High Romance series. In this story we meet Jamie, a server at a bar called The Unicorn, and Reed, who is operating a day care center with his sister from their home. The story is told in first person through Jamie and Reeds eyes. This book can be read as a stand-alone, but since the first book is free and is offered through the M/M Romance group and also offered on Amazon and All Romance, Id suggest getting it just to become familiar with a few ...more
V
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm so feed up when I read books about characters that are been sexual attacked and they don't want to call the police , go to the hospital. Authors are giving the wrong idea of how a person who is attack need to confront the perpetrator. Yes go to the hospital, yes! call the police !!! I also agree 100% with this reviewer.
Chris
4 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Jamie presents a flamboyant and slutty attitude to the world because he's been hurt before. Even though it's mostly an act, he hides behind his persona to keep people at arm's length. With only a small group of trusted friends, he's vowed to never allow a man to have power over him again. Power to hurt him. Power to take away his freedom. Power to label him as a predator for the rest of his life.

Reed and his sister run a home preschool for toddlers. His focus is on
She's a Lip Biter
An ARC was received for an HONEST Review

Reviewed by Lee

O.M.G amazing!
I freaking love this series and cannot wait to read the third instalment daaaaaaaaam shit just got real! .lol .
I love Aria's writing style. I love her character's; they are intense, loving, friendly, courageous, kind, good looking just to name a few. Lol.
This story was about Jamie and Reed.

When Jamie was 18, he made a huge mistake, a mistake that was innocent. He trusted the wrong person and it cost him his family his
Jenn
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed When It's Right, I fell in love with that story and I was really looking forward to reading When I'm Weak! I was definitely curious about Jamie's story. It certainly wasn't what I expected, but I fell for him anyway.

This story starts of in a bit of a surprising way, again not at all what I was expecting but I think Aria Grace does a great job of bringing this story full circle. I want to be very careful and keep this spoiler free! A moment in Jamies past changed his entire life
Mari  Cardenas
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Jamie has had a hard life after a 10-minute mistake, which ended up with him in jail for two days and on the Megan list for sex offenders. His parents washed their hands of him and unable to continue his studies, he resorts to working at a gay bar, where his slutty ways gain him enough tips to get by. He's not been close to anyone since that day, and while he's attracted to Reed, he can't let him in, especially
Fiction  Vixens Blog
This is the first time reading anything by Ms Grace but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Ms. Aria Grace has given us a well written story with well developed characters that make the story line flow excellently throughout the whole book. This is Jamie and Reed story, Jamie is a young guy trying to figure out who he is. Well trying to survive college while working hard. But something happens to Jamie, somebody takes advantage of him, this person used him to make a point, and it cost ...more
S.
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to this series!

This story was far more emotional than I expected and brought a lot of social issues into the forefront!

Jamie is a young guy, figuring out who he is and working hard to survive college and then the unthinkable happens. Someone takes advantage of him, using him to make a point and it costs Jamie....well everything.

Reed and his sister are living a nice life with their in-home daycare but Reed is lonely and has far neglected his own personal needs.

When Jamie
Lora
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 stars

Meeting Jamie in When Its Right was nothing like the real Jamie in this book. I honestly didnt think Id like his story because he was so flamboyant and just crazy, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Jamie puts on a great front in the bar and in public, but the real Jamie is a sweet guy who got handed a crappy card when he was just 18. Hes spent years thinking the worst of himself, but Reed comes along and helps to change a lot of that.

Reed is dedicated to helping his sister
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
OMG, that prologue is so sad.... and that epilogue was a *gasp* shocker.

We meet Jamie in book 1, he is the very 'colorful' bartender at The Unicorn. The local gay bar in Denver. But Jamie isn't a native. He's originally from Las Vegas. Only coming to work for his cousin Neal after his life takes a turn for the worse and he's abandoned by his own parents.

I love a story about a scarred man with a past that gets an ultimate HEA. Aria did a fantastic job with these characters, you can't help but
Angie
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Inked Rainbow Reads Review Team~
3 stars for this M/M
After reading the blurb of this book I was really excited to jump right in. Unfortunately, I wasnt as excited once I started reading. The prologue was good but I wasnt as a mess over it like some reviewers seem to be. I liked Jamie until he let Ross go too far the night Jamie meet Reed. I mean seriously, I know waiters and waitresses do a lot to get tips but that was way too far and
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
i am a huge fan of ms. grace but i really wish her stories were longer! i want more of these 2 together! their story seems to be in limbo and i'd like to know what the future holds for them. it looks like the next book could have more about them but i have to say i'm not going in with an open mind since the book is about michael. ;-/

reed is an absolute doll. i love his sweet, shy demeanor wrapped in a hot package. he is the perfect man to balance jamie's playful sassiness.

i hate what happened
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
I began reading this story immediately after finishing When It's Right, the first in the series. In that story, I had grown to love the characters that I just needed to read more about them. This book focuses on Jamie and Reed while the first book focused on Shane and Alex. Although there are similar characters in the books, I don't feel you have to read the first one to enjoy this one. However, I would highly recommend you do, mainly because it's a great book too.

Jamie's story just ripped my
Alexis Woods
Three book series was given to me by author in return for an honest review.

Book 2 of the series focuses on Jamie, the flirty waiter from The Unicorn, a Denver gay bar frequented in book 1. Surprise! when in this story, we learn that Jamie is anything but. It's all an act, one he does well, until reality brings all his skeletons out of the closet.

His opposite is Reed, a town newbie helping his sister run her daycare facility. While the men are certainly attracted to each other, it's again
Riva
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-version
Audiobook Review:

I'm not quite sure how I felt about this book. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. It was just OK. But the ending is a HFN that gives an intriguing teaser for the next book. The narrator really made this book enjoyable for me. He really gave life to a story that had a few too many eye rolls for me to really rave about it. The basic story is Jamie gets screwed over (and not in a good way) when he was 18 and lost everything. So trust issues are a given. He meet Reed,
E Low the
Jamie's story broke my heart. You first meet him in book 1, When It's Right, and have no idea that he is as broken as he is. He has closed himself off to a real relationship with anyone due to things that has happened in his past. In comes Reed, and because of his job, Jamie really tries to distance himself but of course that doesn't happen. They do get their HEA, but the book does end on a little bit of a cliffy. I truly enjoyed this book and can't wait for book 3!!
This is the second book by
Pati
What a wonderful story! Ms Grace has a great ability to introduce us to characters that we can't help but love. In this book she also manages to bring awareness to a very serious problem that our society faces today. I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I'll just say that I think she did a very good job of bringing the issue up. The only reason that it's not a 5 star for me is because of the physical descriptions of people on the other side of the issue and the ...more
Gina
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart breaking

Wow. This book was such a heat breaker. I felt so bad for Jamie and how his life went downhill but in the end it all came full circle. Love this story. Looking forward to the last book
Tracy Philips
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Aria rocks my book world. Jamie is sweet yet a wild one. Reed is the one who has responsibility, yet they mesh well. I loved this one! Anxiously waiting on the next one with Michael.
Sean Patrick
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of a box set along with When it's Right.
I thoroughly enjoyed both books, as well as the preview to Book Three. I enjoyed the writing style, as well as the characters. I also enjoyed the fact that while there was romance and its results, everything was tastefully done. Nothing was sappy, and none of the angst was contrived. I enjoyed the interplay between Reed and Jamie, I also thought that Lucy was a king and a half. The only thing about this book that bothered me is
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
With a secret in his past, Jamie slides through life as a bartender and as a flamboyantly gay man. With his different personas no one really knows the true Jamie. That is until he meets Reed and the two have an instant attraction. But with a sex crime on his record, Jamie knows he has to stay away from Reed because he is a preschool teacher. But can love conquer everything in his past and can having great friends help clear his name? This story was an emotional one. Being falsely accused and ...more
Jane
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book more thoroughly than the first one in the series. I really liked both guys and felt the story to be more plausible. An argument could be made that Jamie's legal issues got tied up a bit too neatly, but I'm willing to go with it. It's nice to have a happy ending when silly laws are involved. ;)
Ricardo
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked how the author used the characters from the previous story. The same comments I used for the first one, I will use for this. Pretty okay short book, quick and entertaining, but the author tries too hard to create conflict and angst and that ends up feeling fake and forced.
Bronwyn
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - There were so many typos and grammatical errors in this book that it distracted me from the story. The story itself was okay, not great, and a little far fetched at times. I got this set (books 1-10) for free on Amazon.
Virginie
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always good

I love Aria Grace work. I always have a good time reading one of her book. It makes people happy!

• Virgin Flyer
  • More Than Everything (Family, #3)
  • La Conjointe Adorée (E-Conjoints t. 1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)
  • Calming the Enforcer (Cloverleah Pack, #4)
  • When No Doesn't Cut It (Cloverleah Pack #3)
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • It Was Always You
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • The Biker's Omega (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  • The Reluctant Wolf (Cloverleah Pack #1)
  • Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)
  • Birthday with His Omega (Mapleville Omegas #7)
  • Dear Santa: (Collection Merry Tales)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)
  • When the Smoke Clears: Anthology

Mile High Romance (10 books)
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • When I'm Lost (Mile High Romance, #3)
  • When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)
  • When I Fall (Mile High Romance #5)
  • When Whiskey Stops Working (Mile High Romance #6)
  • When Thunder Rolls (Mile High Romance, #7)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)
  • When Words Fail (Mile High Romance, #9)
  • When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance, #10)