Start by marking “Natexus (Natexus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Natexus (Natexus, #1)

Natexus (Natexus #1)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
We started as two strangers. We ended with only one of us in love.

Kindle Edition
Published January 31st 2016 by Victoria L. James

To ask other readers questions about Natexus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natexus

Three Chicks
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jen Hagen

Two things you must know about me: 1) I jump to the ending of a book after I’ve been reading for 5 minutes, and 2) I seldom read stories that involve teenage love. Having said that, I went against the grain on both these items and can sum up the book in one word – INTENSE. For whatever reason I decided I didn’t want to know any spoilers – I purposely closed my Goodreads window so that I wouldn’t be tempted to take a peek. This story was INTENSE (I said it again) and I became a
Emma Scott
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
He loved me. And I loved him too, despite the dents in my heart that sometimes made it awkward for him to get comfortable there.

There's a kind of simple beauty to prose like this. Where a profound statement can be expressed in twenty or so words. This book is full of moments like that; the kind I eat up with a spoon. Where the author is effortlessly smart about choosing a simple combination of words to create a deep moment or thought.

This romance is very realistic. It doesn't pull any emotional
Carlabulian
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Livro lindo! Second chances....
Gostei da narração, muito bem desenvolvida, com um quê de suspense e um romance maravilhoso.
Vale a leitura
DJ Sakata
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“Never let the end of one thing stop you from enjoying the beginning of another.”

“I’d been searching for a way to describe it for months, but I got it then, I got it. I knew that Alex felt like peace to me. When I was near him, the noise in my head fell quiet. I didn’t find myself thinking so much. I was too busy staring, analyzing, and daydreaming.”

“‘I have a good memory for nice moments, Natalie.’ Alex tilted his head to one side and smirked as he narrowed his eyes. Natalie. He
Karyn
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish I were an author so I could write the review worthy of this book. Natexus was so beautifully written that it will stay with me for a long time. From seeing the teasers and watching the trailer, I knew this book would be amazing but I under estimated just how amazing it would be.

Instantly I was pulled into Natalie’s world and didn’t want to come out. This book had me, smiling like a loon and crying, my heart breaking and soaring, and my mind torn between how I wanted the story go.

I cried m
Heather Ross
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been deliberating for days over what to say about this book and if I'm being honest, my brain is still something of a jumble, but I'm going to do my best to arrange them into some sort of coherent review.

The first thing to say is that I absolutely adored this book. Despite my sometimes slightly aggressive thoughts towards the author, I genuinely did love it.

The writing itself was what stood out to me more than anything. As a fan of Miss James' work, at this point I would probably read the
Coco.V
Jul 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/2/2018)!💝

Blurb:
We started as two strangers. We ended with only one of us in love.

Alex Law wasn’t meant to be there on the darkest night of my life. Seven breaths left in my sister’s chest, yet I looked back at him—the new boy who continued to make a habit of showing up when I least expected him, determined to turn my tender grief into some kind of twisted happiness I was too weak to resist.

But Alex had demons of his own he tried to hide from me. When his truths were fi
Charlie Matthews
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eleanor Lloyd-Jones
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~ “There were so many questions burning me from inside out – so many conflicting emotions. All the things I wanted to say didn't matter and all the things that did matter, I didn't dare speak. He had a hook in my mouth and I was struggling to break free.” ~

Sometimes when you read a book, the story is what grabs you and forces your hand through the pages; cliff-hangers at the end of each chapter that keep you hungry for what is yet to come.

There are twists and turns in this story of teenage love
Flo Grugel
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why has it taken me this long to discover this amazing author?
5 solid all the feels stars!
L.J. Stock
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love to read. I would even go so far as to call it a passion, and it’s only once in a blue moon that a book comes along and really encapsulates me, and Natexus is one of them. I was enamored from start to finish, and so completely invested in each of the characters that by the end of it, I felt like I was leaving friends behind.

Miss James has woven together a story filled with heart and soul that grips you from the get go. Every pain and emotion these characters feel is raw and real, and the
Kay
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The short:

--- Digging his fingernails in, he pulled me to the side and slammed my back against a cold brick wall, forcing all the air to pour out of my lungs in one long stream as I blinked furiously and took a peek at him... "Promise me you want this as much as I do. Tell me you're not just doing this for me." ---

Natexus is a story of life, love and destiny embroiled in a contentious comingling, filled with drama and turmoil and sprinkled with sex and liberal humor. You will be tormented and co
Wendy
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If Natexus were an emotion it would be “intolerable heartbreak that ultimately heals you.”

It’s one of those stories that will break your heart into pieces and even though you will look whole, you will never be the same again.

Here at BNW HQ Natexus is affectionately known as “THAT F*****G BOOK” – it broke us all and yet fixed us too.

Natalie, Alex & Marcus you will feel for them all.

Natalie has been through so much as such a young age, she is quiet, shy and brave.

“Seven breaths left in her ch
Frank Atkins
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow.....not sure I need to say anything else, just wow. Natexus by Victoria L. James is a very special book. I am not going to take up space telling you about the story, you can find the synopsis for yourself. I am going to tell you that Victoria L. James is blessed with a very rare gift and we are so fortunate that she is sharing it with us.
A good author makes you care about the story. A great author gets you to actually feel deep emotions. A master can make you lose yourself in the world they
Beth
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
5+ Alpha Omega Stars

This book.....

Me reading this book....

Never let the end of one thing stop you from enjoying the beginning of another.

Alpha & Omega. What will be will be. When one door closes, another door opens. Yes, all of those phrases that mean "Life Goes On". Because it does. Except after reading this book. This one may stop me in my tracks. So mind boggling. So mind boggingly good.

Natalie's world changed the night her sister died. She lost her best friend, confidant, and role model
Sue
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was an absolute honour to be asked to beta read the latest novel by Miss James.Natexus.
How do you put into words a book that is as beautifully written as this,you just can't.Natexus is a pure piece of written art.
You will sob and most certainly ugly snot cry a few times during this story,but you will also end up snaughling,lol.That is how brilliant this author is.Read this book once and you will reread it many times.It gets inside you,in your heart and soul.Ive just read it for the fourth tim
Jo Overfield
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My love for this book was emotional, and magical. It was such a heartfelt journey between two characters named Alex and Natalie (Nat), who began as friends, but when tragedy struck it was inevitable they'd be best friends. They were each other's first, and it didn't come without complications.

They were longing to be lovers, but both knew all along they were soul mates. They were Natexus always. They went through the worst, but life's full circle had other plans.

Omg! Just fantastic. I read stra
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Oh my gawd. What have I just read & why oh why have I not opened these pages & lost my heart to everything Alex & Nat sooner. My whole heart has been shattered into a million pieces, as I’ve walked this journey hand in hand with these beautifully broken individuals, only to have them glue it back together ~ less a few pieces, through their sheer love, hope, belief & destiny.

From the first time their eyes met, their connection truly felt like something I could reach into the pages
BookLovin
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down.
Finished it in a day!
Loved it all minus the name "Natexus"
Worst name ever! Lol

4.5 stars for me!

"...it was better to have a fragile heart filled with too much happiness, no matter how temporary, than to have a heart made of stone, aching with emptiness and permanent longing."

Rachel
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!! Why have I waited so long to read this book? I was gripped from the first chapter and sucked in to the pages, completely immersed, even when I had put the book down and was carrying on with every day life I was thinking of these guys. This book was intense, griping, heart breaking and heart stopping. It had a huge undercurrent of love swirling around each page wrapping around your heart, squeezing it with the raw emotions that poured out of each sentence. I can't recommend this read hig ...more
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

This is Natalie's story.

You're young, just 15 years old.
You should be free spirited, carefree, spending time with your friends.
You should be simply enjoying being a teenager.
But you can't.
The hurt you carry is unbearable.
The grief you feel sits heavily on your chest, creating an ache that's indescribable.
Your life is dark, surrounded by sadness and pain.
Because you are going to lose the most precious person in the world to you.
Because yo
Tara Bryant
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
People enter our lives for various reasons. To love us, hurt us, protect us, teach us. Whatever the reason, they all make an impact on our souls. But what happens when you keep losing the same person over and over? How can you ever recover?

"Truth be told, I didn’t see anyone or anything. There were only sounds of life and blurred images all around me. I was stuck in some kind of tunnel –a tunnel that was leading me on a path to an unknown destination. I couldn’t see where I was travelling, beca
Mary
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has taken me days and days to write this review of Natexus. I flicked over the last page on my kindle and I sat down and just stared at the wall with a small smile on my face. I immediately then tried to write a review. I wrote... nothing. I was stumped. I honestly didn't know what to say.
I absolutely LOVED this gorgeous book but didn't ( and still don't ) have the correct words to do it justice and give it the review it deserves. But, after numerous attempts and fails to write I'm going to
Stacey
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Alex finds Natalie, she's shy, broken and barely existing. Her family is in the midst of dealing with something no parent or family should ever have to face. Natalie is left feeling guilty for wanting more attention, but not wanting ask for it as she believes her sister needs it more. Alex sees beyond her shyness and offers to see her home safely. That night Alex is witness to the end of a relationship that is very special to Natalie.

With the end of that relationship, I believe this was th
Stacey Kelly (When Words Collide Blog)
NOT YOUR AVERAGE LOVE STORY!!!

Where to begin that will do Victoria L. James and "Natexus" justice?

Ok so bear with me as I write this after 9hours of solid reading, yes 9! I write with bleary eyes and tear stained cheeks, my emotions and heart have gone through the wringer.

Victoria writes in her acknowledgements that Natalie and Alex spoke to her so much she had to write "Natexus" in one go. All I can say is I HAD to read "Natexus" all in on go, I had a need to know how each character was fairi
Kristina
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Nat. Alex" he shrugged "Us"
"NATEXUS" I whispered trough a shy smile
"NATEXUS" he repeated back to me "I like that"
-------------------------------------------------
I LOVED it!! I don't know what to say just WOW!!
That book was WOW! Everything about it was perfect. All the emotions in this story.....you have to go read it and see for yourself.
As always beautifully written by Victoria L James
Saunders
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
re-read 2017
Stella
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my… My My My My My- I honestly don’t know what to say or how to start this. This author rips your heart out and at times you are not sure if it will be put back together before the story ends.

Getting about 25% into the book and wanting to know how messed up I was going to be when I finished this story, their story. So I did it.. I went to the last chapter and read it before continuing. I needed to know just how bad my heart was going to break. I’ve never had to do that before.

Alex and Natal
C.J. Fallowfield
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by James, and other than my best friend telling me how much she loved this series, I had no idea what to expect, except for some angst and unrequited love, which I’m a secret sucker for. Drawn together by their shared experiences of loss and pain, Natalie and Alex seem perfect for each other, until he repeatedly pushes her away and into the arms of another man after he breaks her young and fragile heart. James has a really beautiful and poetic way of writing, with unusual ...more
Karenj
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish it hadn't taken me so long to read one of Victoria's books.. but now I have, I know I will binge read them. She has an amazing way with words that I can't do justice with a review, she draws you in and makes you feel everything through her characters.
There are times I cried, there are times the warm smile of her characters reached my lips. There were times I wanted to hate a character but i couldn't because I could feel their pain, their heartache - even Nicolas Law; when my heart was thu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Victoria's reader group ➤ https://goo.gl/cRh7VM
Facebook ➤ https://goo.gl/38RTYH
Instagram ➤ https://www.instagram.com/victoria_lj...
Website ➤ www.victorialjames.com

New release, A Girl Like Lilac, available 5th July! Victoria L. James is a teenage girl stuck inside a thirty-something-year-old’s body. A Corona and nacho appreciator with a ridiculous obsession for all things Rocky Balboa, she currentl
More about Victoria L. James

Natexus (2 books)
  • Marcus (Natexus, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Just close your eyes and fall. Fall backwards in your mind and tell me who you see catching you. Is it him... or is it me?” 2 likes