Start by marking “Midsummer Nights (Bad Fairies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midsummer Nights (Bad Fairies, #1)

Midsummer Nights

(Bad Fairies #1)

Newly arrived at Oberon’s court, Puck has already made a name for himself through his wit, his wiliness, and his very nice legs. But he’s not interested in the envy of his peers; what he’s really after is the attention of the Lord of All Fairies himself. Seducing the monarch will surely win him power and prestige, provided he can withstand Oberon’s famously bad temper.

Soon
ebook
Published January 25th 2016 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Midsummer Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midsummer Nights

SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

2.5 HEARTS-- I came for the fairies.

Debut author T.J. Land's "Midsummer Nights" stars Oberon, king of all fairies and Puck, a skirt wearing, pretty boy servant who has eyes on being his master's number one lover.

Set in Oberon's court, the fairies are inches tall. I thought that was different and cool. I liked the ideas of the story. Servant sets out to win his unhappily married master (yes Oberon is married Titania) and succeeds. The story has a cute twist around the last
Breann
2.5 hearts

Puck is servant to Oberon, King of the fairies, and is set on winning over his master.

His master is a grumpy fairy and is particularly upset about being forced to stay in an unhappy marriage. The king's got a temper and, apparently, he's not adverse to using it.

Things get physical between Puck and Oberon pretty quickly and I assumed things would progress nicely from there.

I was wrong.

Read the rest of my review here:
Raevyn
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful little tale about Puck and his seductive ways. T.J. Land is a new author, but she is a great storyteller.
Minerva
Uh...yeah. Thank goodness this was short because it was very disorganized. It jumped time and place often. There was really no story line, mostly just abusive sexual practices. Will not be reading anymore from this series.
Elaine White
The POV for this story kind of confused me. It began in a storytelling way that didn't make the POV clear until well into the first scene, when I realised it was Titania giving her view of Puck. This is the only time in the entire trilogy that she ever has her POV shown. Later, the POV drifted to dual POV, between Puck and Oberon, while allowing touches of omni-present to enter within brackets. This jarred the reading and made it awkward to follow at times.

I found the beginning confusing. It fel
Ilona
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m, romance
I received a free copy from Ninestar Press in exchange for an honest review. I have always liked Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream and this story has some the characters from it. You get to meet Puck, Oberon, and Titania but, in this story they are all just inches tall. I enjoyed the different view of a familiar story and loved that this debut author wasn't afraid to play around with The Bard's works. There is a little twist at the end that had me smiling and there is mention of a second boo ...more
Amanda
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an entertaining and sexy story. Oberon and Puck are fun characters to get to know, and it's intriguing to follow their growing relationship. The sex scenes are hot, plentiful and kinky.

Even though it's part of the Bad Fairies series, I feel this novella can stand alone as a complete story. That said, I'm also hoping that the next installment will add some more depth to the story and characters.

I recommend this for anyone looking for a light and fun fantasy with some kink.

Trigger warnings
Jennifer Lavoie
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! A fun twist on fairy characters many will be familiar with through Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. I enjoyed seeing Oberon and Puck in a new light. I found their relationship to be interesting and, while the story was relatively short, I enjoyed it and did not feel like anything was left out. I look forward to more.
Carli
Dec 15, 2016
Kimberly Porter
Jan 07, 2017

Bad Fairies (3 books)
  • Midsummer Sky (Bad Fairies, #2)
  • Midsummer Court (Bad Fairies, #3)