Start by marking “The Valiant (City of Legends #2)” as Want to Read:
The Valiant (City of Legends #2)

The Valiant

(City of Legends Series #2)

231 pages
Published February 2nd 2016 by Alloy Entertainment (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Valiant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valiant

Start your review of The Valiant (City of Legends #2)
Michelle
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
If you haven't read the first book this review may contain spoilers
First Impression:
I can't pass up a story by Cheyanne Young. After reading the first book (twice) I couldn't wait to read this one. I need to find out what happened to Maci and her friends. I honestly love this series and I adore all the characters. The second in the series did not disappoint.
The Story & Characters:
The story starts after Nova has run away and Maci is now a Super. She is on probation for now and will be
A.N. Willis
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In CITY OF LEGENDS, superhero Maci Knight found out that she has a secret twin, and she faced a terrifying question for a Hero--am I the evil one?? Maci still doesn't know for sure, and in THE VALIANT, the stakes just keep getting higher!

At first, Maci is left picking up the pieces after the last villain attack. She has a sister now, but they can't relate. She's finally a real Hero, but she's struggling with her missions. And she has a boyfriend, but can she hold onto him?

I LOVE how all the
Susan
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
trying to review without spoilers makes me wnd up just saying that I loved this second book as much as the first, maybe a bit more. I adore Evan. you will not regret reading this book
Alyssa
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
personally, I think this series is getting better and better! this one for me is better than the first one. this book has more action, intrigue, and plot.

i cannot help but compare it to the first one. the first one was good but it was not as satisfying as this one. in the first one, Maci was basically just on hiding. but here we actually get to see her in action and with other people too. I just thought that this one has more contents for readers to gobble.

i love the plot on this one! quite far
Warren
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

I dunno, I guess I'm a sucker for the whole quiet introvert with a dark past who just wants to belong theme lol.
I said in the first book that I had hoped the whole twin thing would only be a subplot, but I'm not glad it wasn't, it was done well, and I really liked Nova.
My one gripe this time around
*spoilers*

Is that it ended kinda similar to how the first book ended. But, I'm sure the last book is just as good as the first two so I guess I can't be mad :)

Overall, another very fun read in the
Jessica Brooks
I was raised by the greatest dad and the most caring brother ever. They took care of me, they nurtured me and taught me the ways of being a Hero. I know I have evil genetics; I can feel them every second of every day. But I am not evil. I choose not to be.

Overpowered, the second installment in the Powered series, goes into more depth, relationship and plot-wise, as Super Hero Maci Might fights to keep her recently rescued sister, Nova, hidden, while proving she (Maci) is worthy of Hero status.
Ruthsic
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
After the most vicious villain attack in centuries, Maci Knight is struggling to put the shattered pieces of her life back together. She survived, but barely, and her family will never be the same. The only good thing to come out of the attack is that the Elders have granted her probationary Hero status. Now shes desperate to prove that she has what it takes to shine in the field.

Maci gets her first chance when shes called in to stop an illegal fighting ring where humans are battling to the
Patrick
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the "Powered Trilogy." I really liked the first one in that it presented, to my mind anyway, a unique superhero universe. I mean most superhero stories just rip off the familiar DC and Marvel heroes, only changing costumes and powers a little. (Even I'm guilty of that, though intentionally so.) Basically the genetically superior "Supers" have their own nation inside the Grand Canyon where they live and use as a base to defend the world from Villains. In the first book, ...more
Teresa Kander
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I read the entire trilogy of books in less than a week, and found it to be a fun, easy read. Reading it took me back to watching superhero cartoons on Saturday morning television.

This series is full of surprises and twists, so that while you may think you know where the plot is headed, nine times out of ten you are going to be wrong. But that just added to the reading enjoyment for me, as I am not a fan of predictable plots.

The characters are well-developed and likable. Maci is not your
Allison Renner
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Cheyanne Young does it again - writing a book that's light, funny, and suspenseful. This is the second installment of the POWERED trilogy, and I'm eager for the third. I really love Cheyanne's writing style, and the suspense isn't hokey to keep readers interested - it's well done and important to the story. The world she created is so vivid, I can picture the Supers in the cities and the transportation system. A lot of made up worlds can be over the top, but the world of humans, Supers, and ...more
David Harriss
Sibling Rivalry

The plot is pretty straightforward. The mystery takes the protagonists a while to solve, but readers should have most of it by the middle of the book.
The real challenge is how jealous Maci is of Maddie/ Nova.

I deducted a star for editing /proofing. Quotation from two different characters needs to be in two different paragraphs, dang it.
Still this book is better than the first.
Shawn Nelson
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting world.

I very much enjoyed the story and would recommend it to others. Some of the science and morality needs more definition. And the concept that evil is Genetically determinable is stretching suspension of disbelief to its limits. That said the elimination of the supers liquid power makes little sense when it is shown to have healing properties for others.
Susan
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to be a BETA reader and I do not want to accidentally spoil, anything.

I adore this series and this book is so good, I am on pins and needles to find out what happenes in book 3!!!

You will not regret reading this series
Lyssa
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than book 1 in this series!!
Allie Singer
Jan 07, 2016 added it
Shelves: edit-work
c/e
Christina
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come!
Jessica Brooks
Yay for the reread! Loved how so many more characters come together in this book, including, of course, NOVA. Can't wait to read book three for the first time now that things are on a roll!
Pablo Fernandez
Aug 29, 2016
Elizabeth
May 01, 2016
Erick Franklin
rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Last Remnant
  • On the Meldon Plain
  • Gateway to Fourline
  • Raised in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #2)
  • Fused in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #3)
  • Harley Merlin and the Mystery Twins (Harley Merlin, #2)
  • Natural Mage (Magical Mayhem #2)
  • Natural Dual-Mage (Magical Mayhem #3)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Harley Merlin and the Stolen Magicals (Harley Merlin, #3)
  • Harley Merlin and the Broken Spell (Harley Merlin, #5)
  • Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1)
  • Harley Merlin and the Detector Fix (Harley Merlin, #7)
  • The Lost Chalice (Relic Seekers, #3)
  • Feast of the Mother (Witch of the Lake, #1)
  • The Lights of Alexandria (Conjurer of Rhodes Book 2)
  • Harley Merlin and the Mortal Pact (Harley Merlin, #9)
Cheyanne Young is a native Texan with a fear of cold weather and a coffee addiction that probably needs an intervention. She loves books, sarcasm, and collecting nail polish. After nearly a decade of working in engineering, Cheyanne now writes books for young adults. She doesnt miss a cubicle one bit.

Cheyanne lives near the beach with her family, one spoiled rotten puppy, and a cat that is most

City of Legends Series (3 books)
  • City of Legends (City of Legends Series #1)
  • Empire Rising (City of Legends Series #3)

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...
“I wiggle my eyebrows. 'Sorry, Evan, I can't make out with you wile the dog is aligning himself with a magnetic field.” 1 likes
“I wiggle my eyebrows. 'Sorry, Evan, I can't make out with you while the dog is aligning himself with a magnetic field. ” 1 likes