Start by marking “See Me (See Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
See Me (See Me, #1)

See Me

(See Me #1)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition for ISBN13 9781496099464/ISBN10 149609946X.

While most seventeen-year-old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families
Paperback, Second Edition, 282 pages
Published March 14th 2015 by Createspace (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about See Me, please sign up.
jles It shouldn't work, but it does. I wrote a review stating why. It is light and the setting isn't as important as the characters and that is what she…moreIt shouldn't work, but it does. I wrote a review stating why. It is light and the setting isn't as important as the characters and that is what she does fantastically. The character development is wonderful! Yes, the hero is great! It doesn't make sense, but it's great!(less)
jles
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
McKale was from another family of ancient magic. His people had only been able to produce male children for many, many years now. I was told they needed a special, magical girl to bind herself with one of their special, magical boys to ensure the continuation of their family’s bloodline. It sounded extraordinary to me as a child—like I was a princess—special, chosen.
Well, aren't you both just so fucking special?

What's the fucking point of having leprechauns in a book when the sole leprechaun
Wendy Higgins
Jul 04, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's time to share my sweet little Irish folktale with the world. Get ready for something that's, at times, quirky and silly, romantic and swoony, heartfelt and emotional, and all together different.

I'm happy to introduce Robyn and McKale. <3 Have fun!
Jilly
Sep 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so ridiculous that I actually enjoyed it. It is like one of those movies like Sharknado or and old Godzilla film - such a train wreck that it is fun! And this was a huge train wreck - epic. There were so many things that made me happy in this story, such as:

A 17 yr old girl being betrothed to a 50 yr old Leprechaun.

Imagine this scenario, but the guy is 3 feet tall, wearing a little green suit and a tiny green hat...\

A village of Leprechauns who make shoes for the Fae because:
"th
Krista
Jul 14, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, fav-author
Another book by Wendy Higgins???!!!

Will I be reading this?

Should you read this?

Ireland! Magical Realism! Hold on while I express my excitement via dance...

Alright, I'm back. Now...is it October 2013 yet?
Lucia
I think I'm getting old for this kind of books. The amount of naivety, childishness and teenage giddiness in this book was just too much for me. Which is truly sad since I absolutely loved author's Sweet Trilogy and had high hopes for this story.

Dull characters with no development, shallow plotline, not enough world building. That were my biggest issues with this novel.

But what didn't work for me, may definitely work for the youngest of young adults. However, I won't be recommending this one to
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
1.5

I'm pretty speechless and not speechless in a good way at all. Speechless in a more, "Oh my god, this was so bad, how in the world should I start this?"

I have read my fair share of bad books, some worse than the others. In some ways, See Me probably wasnt the worst book I've read, but it isnt very high up, either.

So I am going to try and make this review as short as I can, not only because I have nothing to say, but also because nothing really happened.

Robyn -

McKale - There is no gif
Jena
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After Wendy Higgins' Sweet Evil series, I instantly fell in love with her books and her writing. I was so sad to see that series come to an end because it instantly and easily became an absolutely favorite. So when I got See Me in my hands I was so absolutely stoked to read something more by her and let me tell you it did not disappoint in the slightest! See Me is a fanciful story filled with all the elements I adore and I literally couldn't put it down.

Irish. Magic. Faeries. Oh yes, such an ama
Nasty Lady MJ
Dec 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see full review click on one of the following links:

My Blog

Booklikes

Leprechauns will never be sexy.

Just saying it now.

Think about it:

Do you find the Lucky Charms guy sexy?

If you do that’s your prerogative. I get that there is a sizable group of people obsessed with breakfast cereal mascots. Though personally, if you’re into cereal mascots I think you could do better than Lucky.

But you can’t tell me the leprechaun in the movie that Jennifer Aniston was in before she was Jennifer Aniston was se
Patry Fernandez
Terminado,la historia me ha gustado y sorprendido bastante. y Mckale me pareció muy adorable todo el libro.

¿El problema? Este libro fue digamos autopublicado o encargada la traducción por la autora para poder traerlo en español ella misma a través de amazon y tiene muchos errores (de traducción y faltas ortográficas), una pena la verdad.
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
Ugh. I think I deserve some new books for reading this. Sorry, just not my cup of tea tis one.
Katherine
Apr 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fekál, toto-a-dost
Reakce po docteni: Prosim, sejmete me hooooodne tvrdym kokosem, abych zapomnela. Diky!
Natalia

I can never resist a story about Fae. ☺
See Me is one of those books that I usually have trouble rating. It was light and easy to read, and certainly entertaining at some points. But at the same time it should have a warning on the very first page: “Suspend your disbelief, ye who enter here.” If you can do just that and don’t think too much about what you are reading, you’ll be fine. But once you start to analyze it, it might get tricky to enjoy the book.

So, See Me is a story about a gi
Cynthia Hand
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fiction
I really enjoyed this one. The romance was so genuine, and I was so nervous for both couples by the end! A great read.
☆Dani☆
So you know the way I’m writing this review? I’m sitting in Dublin, Ireland, as I write this, but these words can be read from most countries in the world. You have to admit, that’s kind of deadly. We don’t live in isolated communities anymore, we live in a world where in some ways, distance doesn’t mean a huge amount. People in Australia can read this as soon as I hit send. Back only one hundred and fifty years ago, getting information to Australia could take months and months and months. It’s ...more
Nora
3 Stars

This book is pretty cute. But still it has a lot of problems - a LOT of problems. What this book really needed was an editor, which it didn't have. Due to the fact that this book was self published all it had for the refining push was a bunch of beta readers which just doesn't equate an editor. So that is this books largest failing for sure. But otherwise this book is a light fun read.

Cover Thoughts:
description
Original Cover: Not feeling the love. To me it just looks like a Kristen Stewart lying in
Lettee
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first thing I want to say is me giving out a "5" star review is HUGE! I don't give them out lightly like some do. They actually mean something to me and to the person who is receiving it.

I am SO glad that Wendy decided to release this book! I have never read a paranormal book that had leprechauns and such in it. But because I love Wendy's writing, I decided to give it a whirl. I am really glad I did. This was a really good story! I don't like to give too much information out because I feel i
M.
REVIEW WITH SPOILERS

Who would have thought that Leprechauns could be sexy. The book tells the story of Robyn, a 17-year old girl who is part of a family that possess magical powers. Her family has been in the service of the Fae for generations. They don't like it, but it's not like they can give their two weeks notice to the Fae without serious repercussions. Like being cursed or taken into the Fae to be a plaything.

Thanks to a meddling Fae woman, the consort of the Summer King, Robyn has been p
Nicole
DNF at 60%

2 STARS

I was hugely disappointed by this. I expected Wendy Higgins Sweet Evil levels of awesomeness. What I got was a very young YA disaster.

Warning bells started going off in my head long before chapter one even ended. Because Robyn must be the only girl this side of the feminist movement who is looking forward to an arranged marriage. To a guy who lives in the freaking Shire.

By the time we met McKale, the only tall hot leprachaun probably in the history of leprechaun stories who de
Aeron Trahaearn
oooooh this was an awesome book!! way to go wendy higgins!! you rock i mean srsly ? leprechauns?? i am in love with a leprechaun!!! (srsly never thought id say that!!!)
Zoe
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Wendy Higgins' See Me is a quirky and cute tale with sprinkles of imaginative Irish folklore embedded into the plot. While it is certainly not a perfect story, it is one that is entertaining and fun to read regardless.

Ever since she was young, Robyn has known that when she turns 18 she'll be shipped off to Ireland to marry the mysterious McKale, something that was prearranged when she was an infant. What she doesn't know is that McKale is actually a leprechaun, and that their arranged marriage
Lucy Qhuay
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are looking for something sweet and refreshing

I'm so happy with this book.

First, the author is the sweet and incredibly talented Wendy Higgings, the story is refreshing and original, the characters are great and you have awesome protagonists.

I confess books with arranged marriages/bondings/matings hold a certain appeal to me, so that is part of why I loved this book. But it takes more than that.

I hate it when one or both characters make a mess of everything, by acting all defiant and keeping treating the other like trash or refusing to show
Nadine
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das erste Drittel hat mir richtig gut gefallen... Die 17-jährige Robyn reist mit ihren Eltern und der Schwester nach Irland, wo sie McKale heiraten soll. Sie stammt aus einer Familie mit magischen Kräften und soll nun mit einem Kobold, ja, einem Kobold eine Bindung eingehen. Doch zunächst scheint es zwischen den beiden so gar nicht zu funken...
Die Atmosphäre auf der irischen Insel und das Setting insgesamt sind wunderbar, ich mochte, dass die Heldin von Anfang an um ihr Erbe und ihre Zukunft wus
Carolee Noury
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a biased reviewer--Wendy Higgins is one of my favorite writers--but I found her because of her Sweet Trilogy and the bias is earned.

This story is a quick read, because it's hard to put down.

Written in first person, the journey takes place through the eyes of of Robyn, the lead character. The story is charming--with Robyn we venture into the timeless land of the Chaun, which means traditional sex roles and no electronics. A hit for me, since I love reading historical novels, which are similar
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
Robyn Mason seems like a normal American girl except for the fact that she has magical blood. Her parents have reluctantly agreed many years ago to marry her off to a young boy from Ireland who also has magical blood. Robyn knowns after her high school graduation, she will have to go over there to meet McKale, her betrothed, and his clan. But things aren't exactly how she thought they would be and Robyn's family finds themselves in danger more often than not. See Me by Wendy Higgins is a fun rom ...more
Sharon
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read
I beta read this book and I just loved it so much. It's everything that YA has been missing in a MC and a love interest. One of the sweetest love stories I've ever read. Magical realism with a dash of fantasy. Loved it so much.
Jessica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave up on this book and I am so glad that didn’t! The beginning was extremely slow, for me at least. I would have loved if there’d been a view from Cass. It did speed up eventually and put on some suspense. Not bad.
Ipshita

I had mixed feelings about this book. Was I supposed to laugh or cry at how painfully pathetic it became at times? The premise seemed interesting enough and I was hoping for something similar to My Fair Godmother series. Maybe that was why when Robyn's mother, being three sheets to the wind for some unknown reason(it wasn't as if she didn't know for all those years what was to happen), announced McKale's clan to be 'Leprechauns', I burst into giggles (of the hysterical sort). No offense to Lepr
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta
First BETA read from 9-11th August 2013.

See Me Review on K-Books

See Me was one of those books that I couldn't wait to read as soon as I heard about it. I was very lucky to BETA read this one for Wendy way back before it was published and I loved it so much back then. At the time Wendy decided to put the book on hold so when I heard she was publishing it I was so beyond excited. I knew everyone would love this book and the final copy has sat on my shelf for so long. Considering I am meeting Wendy
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
HELL YES.. YES YES YESSSSS!!!! THIS IS GONNA GET PUBLISHED.. OH YEAAAAA!!!!

After reading

So seriously wendy what is the thing that u found wrong with ur book, cz i have no clue.. it was soo cute and it was good, and i need a book for cassy and Rock like yesterday..

4 stars..

It is not that there was something wrong with it, it is just that u have written more epicly in sweet peril, i wouldn't be giving justice to sweet peril if i put the same rating, or maybe i just love kai so much :D
Lucie
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tohle fakt ne...
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 23, 2015 10:54AM
  • Til Death (Fractured Souls, #1)
  • Fireblood (Fireblood, #1)
  • Inspire (The Muse, #1)
  • Divided (Setenid Blight, #2)
  • The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #1)
  • Rivulet (Insight #7; Rivulet #1; Web of Hearts and Souls #11)
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • The Beautiful and the Damned
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Embrace (Gryphon, #2)
  • Unless You Can Be a Unicorn (B3, #1)
  • Betraying Innocence
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Kept (Coveted, #2)
  • Scion of the Sun
  • The Last Knight (Pendragon, #1)
  • Valor (Greystone, #1)
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng

See Me (2 books)
  • Remember Me (See Me, #2)
“The bad thing about romantics was they put themselves out there for heartbreak” 2 likes