Start by marking “Gardens of Babylon” as Want to Read:
Gardens of Babylon

Gardens of Babylon

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Gardens of Babylon used to be the hottest tourist attraction in Apalanders Bay, attracting thousands of tourists each month to its putt-putt golf courses, gardens, and restaurants.

But after a series of accidental deaths and tragedy, it’s been abandoned and left to rot.

For a group of drunken college kids, it’s the perfect place to explore and get into mischief.

The
Published December 17th 2015 by Sinister Grin Press

To ask other readers questions about Gardens of Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gardens of Babylon

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Gardens of Babylon
Peter
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Garden of Babylon, was the biggest tourist attraction of the small town of Apalander Bay. The garden was full of tropical plants and trees, it also had a miniature golf course and a man made lake.
Then after a couple of strange death, the theme park was closed for good. A group of drunken college students, want to see what the park was once like. The students ignored the sign that were posted to keep out and a quarantine sign that was hidden in between some trees. Once the friends enter
The Grim Reader
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sara Brooke is a newish name to me. She has been around for a little while and when one of my favourite publishers decided to release this nasty little number, I was quick to hop aboard.

I will jump straight in and say that I loved this book. It's a quick read and the opening chapter is unpleasant enough to pull you in straight away. The pace is fast, wasting no time in getting to the good stuff. The story follows a group of friends that trespass into an abandoned theme park that was
Dixie
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Sara Brooke and her writing. This one does not disappoint. Didn't end the way I wanted it, but a terrific read anyway.
Emily
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Ain't that what I'm doing too, though? Making mistakes? For the sake of the town?"

Gardens of Babylon was a quick & fun read. This was my first Sara Brooke book, and it was quite enjoyable. It was sort of like a slasher story without a slasher - it's gory & people are dropping like flies, but there just doesn't happen to be a creepy guy with a knife chasing them down.

Similar to slasher format, I don't think we were supposed to be connected to the characters. There were some odd things
Douglas Castagna
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gardens of Babylon was a twist for me. I was expecting some one trope and was pleasantly surprised by what lurks within the pages of this book.

The Gardens of Babylon was a theme park that was closed down some years ago because something bad happened to some people. That was the extent of what a Group of college kids knew when they trespassed on the closed property. What they found waiting for them was something no one would have expected.

Neither did I. Great descriptive passages of
Andy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author for me, and she didn't disappoint.
Cabin Fever meets Cronenberg for some extremely gooey fun!!
The idea of a defunct, overgrown, rundown amusement park is creepy enough. Now throw in something that wants to eradicate those who enter and you've got a thrill ride.
I will definitely pick up more of Sara Brooke's books. I am now a fan.
Tamara
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars all the way for Sara Brooke and GARDENS OF BABYLON. Don't judge this book by its friendly cover. That would be a mistake. Inside you'll find top-notch organic horror and an unexpected ending. Settle in to enjoy the read. And if body horror bothers you, bring your least favorite bucket. You may need it. I loved this story and have become a Brooke fan.
Thomas Odin Phipps
Feb 02, 2018
Alice
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2019
Jordan
Sep 05, 2019
Danelle
Nov 10, 2019
Sara Brooke is a horror and suspense novelist living in South Florida. A lifelong avid reader of all things scary, Sara's childhood dream was to write horror books that force readers to sleep with their lights on.
Her first novel, Still Lake, was released Spring 2012.