Start by marking “The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)

The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  5,712 Ratings  ·  882 Reviews
Based on the bestselling horror video game series, Five Nights at Freddy’s follows a young woman named Charlotte, who reunites with her childhood friends on the anniversary of the tragedy that ripped their town apart. It’s been exactly ten years since the murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and Charlotte, who goes by the name Charlie, has spent the last ten years trying to ...more
Published December 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Eyes, please sign up.
MR A M GOVAN Four kids: the original four animatronics
Four games: the four games we have played including all of the minigames and Easter eggs
Four animatronics:…more
Four kids: the original four animatronics
Four animatronics: Freddy foxy Bonnie chica
Three other older animatronics: golden Freddy, springtrap and believe it or not, the puppet who's always been there(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
SamFyffe
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, this was a fun, creeptastic ride!

I love books that have to do with carnivals or old diners, or just old creepy stuff. I had no idea this was a video game! Lol! I just saw it on overdrive, it sounded good so I picked it up. I can't say anything for the video game but the book was awesome!

When Charlie was young, her father used to own Freddy Fazbear's Pizza where he had animatronics serving people and putting on shows. Charlie's dad built all of these himself. He even build some animatroni
Oh Scott. Where do I start with this?

I bought this book on Kindle, because my sister and I have been playing our way through the games recently, and while searching in vain for Nightmare mode strategies, I've stumbled across dozens of fan theories regarding the apparent "lore" of the game. While I don't consider myself to be an intense fan of the series, my curiosity got the best of me. The working title of this book was "The Untold Story". When I heard that, I assumed this book would be full of
Lauren Hawkins
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I found this story to be enjoyable, coming from someone who enjoys FNAF lore, but the reader in me has to rate this book lower based on the overall quality. The storytelling was creepy at times, but fell flat at others. It definitely cannot function well without the reader having prior knowledge of the video game series. I would recommend if you enjoy FNAF lore, but don't expect all of your questions to be answered!
Adelaide Metzger
This book release proves it: Scott Cawthon is a multi-medium genius!

If you have any inkling of what kind of human being Scott is, then you should know that he is brilliant when it comes to storytelling. However, there is a difference in method when it comes to showing a story through a video game and showing one from a book.

Scott can do both with profound talent.
Keep in mind that Kira Breed-Wrisley co-wrote this book with Scott. He explained on the Steam forums that she is a professional writer
The Brain in the Jar
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
There has been a lot of transitions from video game to literature. Many were bizarre choices. Were people really interested in the stories behind Halo? Didn’t it mainly exist for multiplayer? Even video games that had potential are mostly better off as pulp adventures.

The Freddy’s franchise has potential. The game is like no other. It’s not just scary but brilliantly designed and deeply psychological. Shitty YouTubers couldn’t ruin what is one of the most original games, the kind that doesn’t re
Caitlyn
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
I will never get the time back that I wasted on this book.

Despite all the negative reviews I read for this book I really wanted to give it a shot - the benefit of the doubt as it were - as I thoroughly enjoy the game series, but in all honesty this book would have been so much better if it wasn't for the amateur spelling mistakes, terrible grammar and shocking sentence construction; "said he asked." is a perfect example. If it had been written half competently as opposed to half-arsed this woul
Finn McBride
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very Awesome
My first review on December 18th, 2015

This book was very intriguing and added a lot to the story of Five Nights at Freddy's. I really enjoyed the story, but found a few typos and grammar errors. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys FNaF or Scott Cawthon's work.

My second review on July 20th, 2016

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!

When this book was announced my awesome dad got it for me on Kindle the day it was released. I finished it in the span of on
Dan Leonard
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good

I wasn't sure what to expect when reading this, but it turned out to be a really good story. I would have rated it higher, but the spelling and grammatical errors were glaring in some spots. Maybe Scott should have had his crack bug testing team from the games proofread the book. I would like to see a sequel pick up with these guys, sort of a where are they now and/or their reactions to Fazbear fright. Maybe even an encounter with Springtrap and perhaps an appearance of the Puppet.
Daria
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: posiadane
Kłamstwem by było, gdybym powiedziała, że nie jestem fanką FNAFa. Kłamstwem by było, gdybym powiedziała, że nie mam własnej teorii na temat fabuły. I o ile raczej nie kupuję książek stworzonych na podstawie gier (chociaż masa z nich zasługuje na książkę i film), tak tym razem po prostu musiałam zrobić wyjątek. Postaram się przedstawić książkę z perspektywy niekoniecznie fana, ale osoby kompletnie nieznającej uniwersum.

Główną bohaterką jest Charlie – córka właściciela słynnej pizzerii Freddy Fazb
Jonathan Hurt
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

In August 2014, game maker Scott Cawthon released a horrifying vision. A vision in the form of a computer game, it was called "Five Nights at Freddy's" or "FNaF" for short. The game was about a night shift security guard in the early nineties at a pizza arcade place called "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza". The goal was to keep 5 possessed animatronics from entering your office and stuffing you into an empty animatronic suit, thus effectively killing you. The 4 animatronic are Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the

Candace Putnam
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love Scott's Five Nights at Freddy's games -- but I didn't have high hopes for the book. I enjoyed it about as much as I could enjoy a Goosebumps novel in my late 20's. I did find myself wanting to pick it up to read, but mostly because I was eagerly trying to get to more content with the animatronics -- I ended up completely disinterested in the human characters.

If you liked the games, it's an interesting companion (non-canon, from what I understand.)

Important plot points are introduced nonch
What? This exists????

I NEED it. I'm kind of obsessed with FNaF. It's got such a cool central mystery.
Jeremy West
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I worked on this title.
Sandra Smiley
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
THIS IS LOADED WITH SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOK WITHOUT ANY CLUES!

(Review starts here).

While I'm not fond of the game because of the mechanics involved and I'm not that good of a gamer, I was totally intrigued by the story behind it. Supernatural murder story got my attention and I watched a bunch of play-throughs and theory videos to find out the timeline and mystery that was going on with the animatronics.

This book helped resolve a lot of unanswered questions that the de
Trisha
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Never trust a rabbit, I say."

I've never played the game so I had no idea about this book going into it. Sure, I know Freddy is a bear (hence the cover) and a little like Chuck-e-Cheese. So, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this book.

It was a huge surprise when I found myself completely creeped out! The idea of the animatronics moving is just as bad as dolls (maybe even worse). The memories of Charlie's and even of John and Carlton's were interesting and helped give the group added lay
Emmy
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is generally what you would expect from a novelization of a popular horror game. Namely, it's great if you're a fan of the game, but not written to appeal to the general masses. I would recommend this solely to readers who have played FNAF (or like me watched the "let's plays"), studied the timelines, the lore, and the theories, who know which animatronics were in which games, who have their own theories about purple guy and the dead children...in short, FNAF fanatics.

Even then, though
Amanda Mccormick
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
Based on the bestselling horror videogame series, Five Nights at Freddy’s.

It’s been exactly ten years since the murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and Charlotte (Charlie for short) has spent those ten years trying to forget. Her father was the owner of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza and the creator of its four adult-sized animatronic animals, and now Charlie is returning to her hometown to reunite with her childhood friends on the anniversary of the tragedy that ripped their town apart.

Curiosity leads
Briar's Reviews
Five Night's at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes was an incredible read that gives an insider view into the FNAF lore and world Scott Cawthon has created in the games.

The worst part about this book (yes I'm starting with the worst) is that Scott Cawthon made it clear that this book is not completely canon and does not align up with the video games. Once you finally connect all these dots and think you solve the story, Scott has to go and switch up his lore! But that doesn't ruin this book at all, if an
Laurel S
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Erin Wolak
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book, library
I went into this book completely blind. I know nothing about the games from which this novel is based off of and my only background knowledge (for any of it) was from a single YouTube video! While I did rather enjoy the book itself and was even left laying awake for a couple nights imagining there were scary silver animatronic eyes peering out at me from inside my closet I do have some questions. How did the murderer get away with the murders for so long? What was the purpose of the first restau ...more
Grace
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Alright, when it comes to FNAF lore, this book is really great! We got some answers to burning questions from the video games (like who is purple guy!!!) as well as some much needed backstory. But from a writing point of view, it was mediocre at best, sometimes the writing style was kind of bad. And I think it could have been a bit shorter and could have still told the entire story it presented.
Chris
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is the most confusing review I've written. I've rated it two stars because of the reasons I will list below, however I do still suggest it as a book to read for FNAF fans. It's canon on an alternate timeline, but still to a lot of people that enjoy the games but don't go in-depth plot searching, this is a way to explain the games another way. It's an interesting idea. In theory.

The book was pretty over-all not great. So let's break it down into categories:

Readability - 3 stars.
The language
RyanE
Mar 13, 2018 added it
Wow! This book was very good!

Well done, Scott Cawthon.
Fifi
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Thank God that’s over. This audiobook was a waste of 10 hours of my life. It was literal torture sitting through this. Literally one of the worst books I’ve ever had the displeasure of sitting through.
Ty The Guy
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, at first, I thought that this book would be awful. I was so wrong.
Five Nights at Freddy’s is a horror game where a night guard at a restaurant tries not to get killed by animatronics. This book isn't exactly like the game, but it is pretty close to it. With that out of the way, here's the actual book review…

Silver Eyes is about a teen girl named Charlie who meets up with past friends to honor a boy by the name of Michael, one of her friend’s brothers. When the all meet up, they decide to e
CJMAN04
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hi! I am CJ, and I will be giving my review on Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes. I was hyped when I heard this book was coming out! I am a huge fan of Five Nights at Freddy’s, and I love the lore and mystery. And, the games was just really fun, too. Luckily, my awesome Grandma ordered it for me, and I started to read it immediately! I have heard so many reviews about this book, some bad, some good, but I will give you my review!
Our main character is Charlie, a 17 year old girl whose fat
Garrett Pope
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Personal Response: I thought this book was an 8 out of 10 because it had a good ending but about half of the book was kind of boring. The only part of the book I wished was changed would be the first act, because it was quite dry.

Plot: Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes is written by Scott Cawthon, the maker of the Five Nights at Freddy’s video game series. The book starts with Charlie going back to the town of Hurricane for a ceremony. The morning of the the ceremony Charlie meets up
JoshuaG gates
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it was very spooky and exiting.
CJ Carter
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Joshua reid
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love it and fnaf
Characterization and Setting 1 4 Dec 05, 2017 09:08AM
UCAS English 10 H...: November Reading Assignment 1 7 Nov 27, 2017 10:29AM
UCAS English 10 H...: August Reading Assignment 2 22 Nov 15, 2017 07:41PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Five Nights at Freddy's The Silver Eyes 4 15 Aug 15, 2017 11:54PM
  • The Eclective: The Haunted Collection
  • Island of Doom (Bionicle Legends, #1)
  • Transformers: The Veiled Threat
  • Makuta's Revenge (Bionicle Chronicles, #3)
  • Pay The Devil
  • Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (Transformers (Del Rey))
  • Crossing the Line (Wess'har Wars, #2)
  • Utopia (Isaac Asimov's Caliban, #3)
  • The Night Library
  • Descender #3
  • Metropolis
  • A Centaur's Life Vol. 1
  • A Midsummer Night #nofilter (OMG Shakespeare)
  • Super Mario Adventures
  • Once
  • Tacky Goes to Camp
  • Transformers: The IDW Collection, Volume 1
  • Poesía completa, 1970-2000
Scott Cawthon is an American independent video game developer, animator, and writer, best known for his creation of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
More about Scott Cawthon

Five Nights at Freddy's (3 books)
  • The Twisted Ones (Five Nights at Freddy's, #2)
  • The Fourth Closet (Five Nights at Freddy's, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“And what makes you think they won't kill you?"

"Because I am one of them.”
11 likes