Start by marking “The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)

The Silver Eyes

(Five Nights at Freddy's #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  8,204 ratings  ·  1,184 reviews
Based on the bestselling horror video game series, Five Nights at Freddy’s follows a young woman named Charlotte, who reunites with her childhood friends on the anniversary of the tragedy that ripped their town apart. It’s been exactly ten years since the murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and Charlotte, who goes by the name Charlie, has spent the last ten years trying to ...more
Published December 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Eyes, please sign up.
MR A M GOVAN Four kids: the original four animatronics
Four games: the four games we have played including all of the minigames and Easter eggs
Four animatronics:…more
Four kids: the original four animatronics
Four animatronics: Freddy foxy Bonnie chica
Three other older animatronics: golden Freddy, springtrap and believe it or not, the puppet who's always been there(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
SamFyffe
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  8,204 ratings  ·  1,184 reviews

Start your review of The Silver Eyes (Five Nights at Freddy's, #1)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, this was a fun, creeptastic ride!

I love books that have to do with carnivals or old diners, or just old creepy stuff. I had no idea this was a video game! Lol! I just saw it on overdrive, it sounded good so I picked it up. I can't say anything for the video game but the book was awesome!

When Charlie was young, her father used to own Freddy Fazbear's Pizza where he had animatronics serving people and putting on shows. Charlie's dad built all of these himself. He even build some
Oh Scott. Where do I start with this?

I bought this book on Kindle, because my sister and I have been playing our way through the games recently, and while searching in vain for Nightmare mode strategies, I've stumbled across dozens of fan theories regarding the apparent "lore" of the game. While I don't consider myself to be an intense fan of the series, my curiosity got the best of me. The working title of this book was "The Untold Story". When I heard that, I assumed this book would be full of
Lauren Hawkins
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I found this story to be enjoyable, coming from someone who enjoys FNAF lore, but the reader in me has to rate this book lower based on the overall quality. The storytelling was creepy at times, but fell flat at others. It definitely cannot function well without the reader having prior knowledge of the video game series. I would recommend if you enjoy FNAF lore, but don't expect all of your questions to be answered!
Adelaide Metzger
This book release proves it: Scott Cawthon is a multi-medium genius!

If you have any inkling of what kind of human being Scott is, then you should know that he is brilliant when it comes to storytelling. However, there is a difference in method when it comes to showing a story through a video game and showing one from a book.

Scott can do both with profound talent.
Keep in mind that Kira Breed-Wrisley co-wrote this book with Scott. He explained on the Steam forums that she is a professional writer
Caitlyn
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I will never get the time back that I wasted on this book.

Despite all the negative reviews I read for this book I really wanted to give it a shot - the benefit of the doubt as it were - as I thoroughly enjoy the game series, but in all honesty this book would have been so much better if it wasn't for the amateur spelling mistakes, terrible grammar and shocking sentence construction; "said he asked." is a perfect example. If it had been written half competently as opposed to half-arsed this
The Brain in the Jar
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
There has been a lot of transitions from video game to literature. Many were bizarre choices. Were people really interested in the stories behind Halo? Didn’t it mainly exist for multiplayer? Even video games that had potential are mostly better off as pulp adventures.

The Freddy’s franchise has potential. The game is like no other. It’s not just scary but brilliantly designed and deeply psychological. Shitty YouTubers couldn’t ruin what is one of the most original games, the kind that doesn’t
E2 Brandon
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
SETTING ASSIGNMENT:
The setting of a book has a pretty big impact on the characters actions and ideas. In this book, the kids are trapped in a pizzeria with a bunch of killer robots hunting them down and a deranged security guard trying to attack them. Of course the characters are going to be impacted hard! If there were no killer robots, Scott Cawthon wouldn't have went with the increasingly spooky atmosphere of the book. The book would be bright and cheerful, with John and Charlie having a good
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
3.5 rounded up! Not too bad! My son was begging me to read this because he liked it so much. So I figured why not. Sounded fun. The writing wasn't the greatest, and there are definitely unanswered questions but it was enjoyable....and had mystery to it which I liked. ...more
Dan Leonard
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good

I wasn't sure what to expect when reading this, but it turned out to be a really good story. I would have rated it higher, but the spelling and grammatical errors were glaring in some spots. Maybe Scott should have had his crack bug testing team from the games proofread the book. I would like to see a sequel pick up with these guys, sort of a where are they now and/or their reactions to Fazbear fright. Maybe even an encounter with Springtrap and perhaps an appearance of the Puppet.
Jeremy West
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I worked on this title.
Finn McBride
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very Awesome
My first review on December 18th, 2015

This book was very intriguing and added a lot to the story of Five Nights at Freddy's. I really enjoyed the story, but found a few typos and grammar errors. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who enjoys FNaF or Scott Cawthon's work.

My second review on July 20th, 2016

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!

When this book was announced my awesome dad got it for me on Kindle the day it was released. I finished it in the span of
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
What? This exists????

I NEED it. I'm kind of obsessed with FNaF. It's got such a cool central mystery.
Jonathan Hurt
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

In August 2014, game maker Scott Cawthon released a horrifying vision. A vision in the form of a computer game, it was called "Five Nights at Freddy's" or "FNaF" for short. The game was about a night shift security guard in the early nineties at a pizza arcade place called "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza". The goal was to keep 5 possessed animatronics from entering your office and stuffing you into an empty animatronic suit, thus effectively killing you. The 4 animatronic are Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the

Candace Putnam
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
I love Scott's Five Nights at Freddy's games -- but I didn't have high hopes for the book. I enjoyed it about as much as I could enjoy a Goosebumps novel in my late 20's. I did find myself wanting to pick it up to read, but mostly because I was eagerly trying to get to more content with the animatronics -- I ended up completely disinterested in the human characters.

If you liked the games, it's an interesting companion (non-canon, from what I understand.)

Important plot points are introduced
Sandra Smiley
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
THIS IS LOADED WITH SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOK WITHOUT ANY CLUES!

(Review starts here).

While I'm not fond of the game because of the mechanics involved and I'm not that good of a gamer, I was totally intrigued by the story behind it. Supernatural murder story got my attention and I watched a bunch of play-throughs and theory videos to find out the timeline and mystery that was going on with the animatronics.

This book helped resolve a lot of unanswered questions that the
Amanda Mccormick
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
Based on the bestselling horror videogame series, Five Nights at Freddy’s.

It’s been exactly ten years since the murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, and Charlotte (Charlie for short) has spent those ten years trying to forget. Her father was the owner of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza and the creator of its four adult-sized animatronic animals, and now Charlie is returning to her hometown to reunite with her childhood friends on the anniversary of the tragedy that ripped their town apart.

Curiosity leads
Briar's Reviews
Five Night's at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes was an incredible read that gives an insider view into the FNAF lore and world Scott Cawthon has created in the games.

The worst part about this book (yes I'm starting with the worst) is that Scott Cawthon made it clear that this book is not completely canon and does not align up with the video games. Once you finally connect all these dots and think you solve the story, Scott has to go and switch up his lore! But that doesn't ruin this book at all, if
Trisha
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Never trust a rabbit, I say."

I've never played the game so I had no idea about this book going into it. Sure, I know Freddy is a bear (hence the cover) and a little like Chuck-e-Cheese. So, to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this book.

It was a huge surprise when I found myself completely creeped out! The idea of the animatronics moving is just as bad as dolls (maybe even worse). The memories of Charlie's and even of John and Carlton's were interesting and helped give the group added
Renata
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
uhhh ok so I have never played any of these games (and I never will because I'm a real scaredycat) and I only read this book for our bad books podcast because, like, obviously a book that's a tie in for a video game franchise about cursed animatronic animals (or whatever) is going to be terrible??

but uhhhhhhhh it was like.......pretty good? Kind of confusing, which is to be expected since as stated I've never played these games, but I still basically got it and I really enjoyed the characters?
Laurel S
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fifi
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Thank God that’s over. This audiobook was a waste of 10 hours of my life. It was literal torture sitting through this. Literally one of the worst books I’ve ever had the displeasure of sitting through.
Zach  no
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book.
JoshuaG gates
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it was very spooky and exiting.
Garrett Pope
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Personal Response: I thought this book was an 8 out of 10 because it had a good ending but about half of the book was kind of boring. The only part of the book I wished was changed would be the first act, because it was quite dry.

Plot: Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes is written by Scott Cawthon, the maker of the Five Nights at Freddy’s video game series. The book starts with Charlie going back to the town of Hurricane for a ceremony. The morning of the the ceremony Charlie meets up
Vaida
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It's definitely a creepy read for those who have no idea what FNAF is. I'm for one glad that there are no animatronics in my country. Well as far as I know.

Returning to the quality of the novel it's not the best book in terms of the text style. But it's a good piece of lore that's somewhat alternative to the games. It was easy to read and it actually made me feel uneasy waiting for something very bad to happen.
Chris
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is the most confusing review I've written. I've rated it two stars because of the reasons I will list below, however I do still suggest it as a book to read for FNAF fans. It's canon on an alternate timeline, but still to a lot of people that enjoy the games but don't go in-depth plot searching, this is a way to explain the games another way. It's an interesting idea. In theory.

The book was pretty over-all not great. So let's break it down into categories:

Readability - 3 stars.
The language
Emmy
Apr 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is generally what you would expect from a novelization of a popular horror game. Namely, it's great if you're a fan of the game, but not written to appeal to the general masses. I would recommend this solely to readers who have played FNAF (or like me watched the "let's plays"), studied the timelines, the lore, and the theories, who know which animatronics were in which games, who have their own theories about purple guy and the dead children...in short, FNAF fanatics.

Even then,
Christina Lykke
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**this book was reviewed by my 11 year old son**

Awesome

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I really liked it. It was such a good book
Ty The Guy
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, at first, I thought that this book would be awful. I was so wrong.
Five Nights at Freddy’s is a horror game where a night guard at a restaurant tries not to get killed by animatronics. This book isn't exactly like the game, but it is pretty close to it. With that out of the way, here's the actual book review…

Silver Eyes is about a teen girl named Charlie who meets up with past friends to honor a boy by the name of Michael, one of her friend’s brothers. When the all meet up, they decide to
The Worst Bestsel...: Episode 109 - Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes 1 22 Oct 23, 2018 01:05PM
Characterization and Setting 1 8 Dec 05, 2017 09:08AM
UCAS English 10 H...: November Reading Assignment 1 7 Nov 27, 2017 10:29AM
UCAS English 10 H...: August Reading Assignment 2 22 Nov 15, 2017 07:41PM

• Five Nights at Freddy's (The Begining) (Volume 1)
  • Dreams Come to Life (Bendy and the Ink Machine, #1)
  • Waking Nightmare (Hello Neighbor, #2)
  • Missing Pieces (Hello Neighbor, #1)
  • Joey Drew Studios Employee Handbook (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 2
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • DanTDM: Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
  • Undertale: Overworld: (An Unofficial Undertale Book)
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 3
  • Dark Embrace
  • Z Love
  • Undertale: Home: (Undertale Unofficial Story)
  • Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (Transformers (Del Rey))
  • By Magic Bound
  • Minecraft: Combat Handbook
  • Undertale: Who are you: (An Unofficial Undertale Book)
  • Undertale: Underschool Book 1: (An Unofficial Undertale Book)
Scott Cawthon is an American independent video game developer, animator, and writer, best known for his creation of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.

Five Nights at Freddy's (3 books)
  • The Twisted Ones (Five Nights at Freddy's, #2)
  • The Fourth Closet (Five Nights at Freddy's, #3)
“And what makes you think they won't kill you?"

"Because I am one of them.”
18 likes