Start by marking “Redemptive (Combative, #2)” as Want to Read:
Redemptive (Combative, #2)

Redemptive

(Combative #2)

It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.

The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replaye
Published March 8th 2016

Christy
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
5 stars!

photo 6671418A-EFF2-4B43-85A3-D1617E5E8120_zpswb68ew6y.jpg

After reading Combative last year, I’ve been anxiously waiting for its sequel. Let's be clear, Jay McLean is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything this woman writes. Also- I had questions! Lots and lots of questions. From the moment I started this story, I was completely intrigued. It held my attention from the first page
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

'Redemptive' is the second installment in Jay McLean’s series, entitled ‘Combative’ and to be honest it was like nothing I expected. However, like the previous installment was intriguing, well written and held my attention from start to finish. Jay delivered a fantastic blend of romance and suspense and again she left me wanting more. If the first book in the seriesclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Brandi
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

To say, Combative ended with a bang, and left me anxious to get my hands on the next book, would be an understatement. That ending killed me, but it left me desperate to know what was going to happen next. So, going into Redemptive I had expectations, but, I did not get the answers I wanted. Instead, I was sent back to the past. And given a glimpse into Madison/Bailey's past.

"We all need saving at some point, and I'm here to save you.'

I was given insight into that that pivotal night. The night Bailey crossed paths with Kypast.
• Lisa •
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
FOUR BROKEN STARS

"I feel your pain. I live your fear."

description

McLean is a magician of words. When I started out on my journey with this series I could never have predicated how the characters and the plot would make me feel. Jumping into this book was an easy choice for me to make, any series that McLean sets her mind on is sure to be an adventure not to be missed, and the combative series is one of the most memorable that I can think of. Get ready to fall in love with more of this authors work and prepare yoursSTARS
Beverly
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Redemptive is like nothing I expected. Which is crazy, crazy I tell you. I mean it’s the second book in the Combative Trilogy, so naturally had expectations and thoughts on what would happen next after the cliffhanger we received at the end of Combative.

"We both wanted to matter. And we both needed to be saved."

I can tell you without fail that you will not have seen this one coming. I can also tell you that this turn in events will completely change the way you think about this series. When I read Combative I found Madison to bCombative.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

The thing I love about Jay McLean is that when I pick up one of her books, I never know what to expect and I don't know exactly what I was expecting when picking up Redemptive, but what I got was the complete opposite of what I had even dreamed or imagined. If you think you have any theories whatsoe★★★★
Now
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Stars for Nate

How is it that this is book 2 in the series and yet I am still completely in the dark. *Book 1, Combative MUST be read first*. While I have so much I want to say about this, I am not totally sure I could do justice to what I read, or I would take away the experience from another reader! But...WOW, never have I been so completely captured with NO definite end and so much more to go.

I admit that I had to go back and re-read Combative, as it had one heck of a cliffhanger. This series
S.M. West
5 “Trapped in the chaos of the silence.” STARS

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey…”

Wow! I enjoyed the first book, Combative but this second book, wow, seriously loved it! This takes place six years earlier and it’s Bailey’s story before meeting Ky...her time with Nate.

photo redemptive_zpsypx8xrxl.jpg

We learn about how Bailey came to be on the streets and how she met Nate. It also gives us an unexpected glimpse into happenstance, where Bailey and Ky were in the same place and time way before their paths cross again in bSTARS
"You
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Jay McLean" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Redemptive
SERIES: (Combative #2)
AUTHOR: Jay McLean
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 8th, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

WARNING: DO NOT go into this book expecting to know what's going to happen BECAUSE you will be WRONG!! There are TWISTS and TURNS, you LOVED Ky but now you LOVE Nate even more (Yes that happens)..GAH

To fully understand Redemptive and to connect with the story/characters it's vital that youhappens)..To2016
MYRomance
RELEASEMcLean
#2)
Redemptive
author
Vanessa
5++ Stars!

Loved, loved, loved, loved, LOVED!!!!! Oh, my NATE DE LUCA! I have said it before and I will say it again, this is my new favorite book by Jay McLean. It's still her New Adult goodness, but it has a suspense, mafia mystery, forbidden love twist to it. BRILLIANT!! I cannot recommend it highly enough!

**You MUST read Combative first. This is not a series of stand-alones. You will be totally lost if you do not read this first. ;)
Alexis *Reality Bites*
5 STARS out of 5
Rated 'W' for Well Done
Genre: New Adult Romance with Suspense

Rejection leads to an act of kindness which is followed by a boom that leads to four walls in a room, the counting of tile and a collection of leaves.
She's trapped

..in the chaos

.....of the silence

"He was the epitome of the perfect calm, right before the most dangerous storm."
-Bailey

I knew there was something about Nate DeLuca that I liked. In Combative we are somewhat introduced to him. In Redemptive we get to piece together some things we could of never known wDone
~Dawn~TUG
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First let me start by saying EVERY time I finish a Jay McLean book I try to make the 5 star rating go higher..and it just won't. Emailing Goodreads now..

This series is some of this authors best work, a different story that leaves you breathless, straddling a line between what good and bad are...what love looks like and who deserves it more? At the end of book one Combative I was left shocked, wide eyed, heart racing and thinking I knew exactly what I needed from book two when it cam
Veronika's ReaderFeeder
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5- Suspenseful -Stars

description

*Arc was kindly provided by the Author*

It was a super long week in Hungary because we had to work on Saturday, too (Sucks right? But in exchange next week we will have a really long weekend. Yay!), and then Redemptive came, and damn, the „just more chapter lie” effect got hold of me, because I just couldn’t put this book down! I had toclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Sam
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's not very often that I am lost for words. But it's also not very often that you read a book that takes over your every thought, every emotion. This book and its intensity, the writing, the mystery and the unforgettable characters have rendered me completely speechless. I usually read three books per day and I haven't been able to finish a single book since. So therefore, the word slinger, the mastermind, the insanely talented McLean has officially broken me.

I love that Jay McLean has steppe
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
 photo a170190a-1f29-4d31-9ab1-129a3619beda_zpszgnz4x5q.jpg

5 stars: for the writing, the emotions, everything Jay McLean is really good at.

1 star: for the choice she made about Bailey's past. I hate she had feelings for someone else, it feels like a betrayal to me and I don't know now if she is manipulating Kyler or if she is sincere. So my lonely star is purely selfish and subjective. It has nothing to do with this author's huge talent.

4 stars: because now I like Nate and I'm all "What happened? What must I think now? Who must I root for? Should I love Bailey or
Cassie
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book expecting to pick up where I left off. However, I was instantly WTFing as we take it back a bit. Relationships are explored and questions are answered...only to feel turned around and have many more questions arise.

The relationship explored this round made was exciting and satisfying. It will make you question where your loyalties lie.

Redemptive is a slow ride up and a thrilling, emotional, and mind boggling descent.

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
I beta read this book and here's my feedback...OMFG! I think I have reread the ending like a dozen times. I also can't get this book out of my head. Full review closer to release. By the way, I am not a gif person, and this is my first post with a gif. This book is gif worthy. Get it on your TBR.

UPDATED REVIEW:
5.0 stars!
Title: Redemptive (Combative #2)
Author: Jay McLean
Release Date: March 8, 2016

Let me start off by saying this book is nothing like Jay’s other incredible books. Buckle
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Redemptive (Combative #2) by Jay McLean
4 stars!!

“We all need saving at some point, and I’m here to save you.”

After reading Combative I was itching for this book, with THAT ending I needed to know what was going to happen, but alas, I never found out eeek!! Jay McLean totally surprised me with this one as she took us back to the past and explored Madison/Bailey’s past. It wasn’t what I was expecting, nor what I wanted, but once I started reading I was hooked, I was addicted and I w/>
Shaunna
To me, calling Redemptive a sequel to Combative does it a disservice. That's not what it is. This book is a prequel.

I was so excited for this book. I really enjoyed Combative. I was smitten with Ky and Madison. I wanted to see more of their love story. I was also intrigued by Madison and her secrets, not to mention all of the work Ky had going on.

I was expecting to pick up where Combative left on, and it didn't. At all. We spend the entirety of Redemptive in Madison/Bailey's past. We meet a yo
MandaLee
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will say I was hesitant at first. Knowing what I 'know' from Combative. BUT, She's killin this!!! So many moving parts to this very intricate story. Once I finished this installment, I went back over Combative and if even a quarter of what I think may be coming, is coming? Jay has spun one FANTASTIC tale!!! The only thing I can compare this to is maybe something from JM Darhower. Those are big words! I know. So excited for the final installment of this!! Can't wait to see what's REALLY going o ...more
Tina
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Babbling Chatter  Reads
5+ Mind F&$% stars across the board from #BabblingChatterReads Reviewers!

This has been one of the harder reviews for me to write because I am lost in a daze on everything that has happened. Needless to say that I am still reeling in shock of this AMAZING read.

It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die. It must only happen to those who lives were worthy.

Seriously, nothing could have prepared me for this utter mind F#$@ of this book! Who the? What the? When the? Where the? WHY?!
Angie  McLain
6 I CAN’T CATCH MY BREATH STARS!!!! WTH just happened here??? I NEED MORE!!!!

“It’s said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die. It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy. Clearly, mine was not.”

Before I even begin to process my review here you need to take note, if you have not yet read Combative, you MUST, before you begin Redemptive! These books are NOT standalones and you will be 100% lost if you attempt to read them out of order!

Before I even attempted to b/>“It’s
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "BAILEY AND HICKORY" STARS!!!

"IT’S SAID THAT your life flashes before your eyes when you die. It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy. Clearly, mine was not."

It's really not often when I'm at lost for words after I read a book. Those lingering thoughts that somehow became a part of you because you aren't done with it yet or just simply because it's more than good that even if you kept on re-reading it, you really just can't get enough.

Redemptive is that kind of book to me. After re/>
Beth
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Just Shoot Me Stars

I love Jay McLean. She is awesome. Such a creative mind. But then I read Redemptive.....

Ms McLean has been known to leave us hanging before. She likes to play with the readers emotions. She writes funny, touching, suspenseful....and now she has crossed a line. She has gone straight to evil. Evil genius but evil none the less.

Warning: This is the second book in the series. You don't have to read the first for this one to ma
Megan
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I am supposed to write a complete sentence let alone a review for this book. Not because it was horrible but because it was that good. Jay's writing keeps getting better with each book she releases and Redemptive exceeds all of her others. This book went to a place I wasn't expecting or thought I would even like. I'm also left with so many questions but plot is so amazing that I don't care about those questions. I will wait as long as it takes for the next book. If you have read ...more
VEL
4.5 where the heck did that awesome plot come from!

I love it when an author just plays with your mind. In book one i thought i had it all figured out! Then we had the big cliff hanger, thankfully I was able to dive into book 2 straight away!

But Jay McLean totally put a whole new twist and plot into this book!

Now i am screwed because i have no idea where or which way the next instalment will head towards!!!!

I just bloody love it when that happens!

Make the nex
Pea
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
After reading the first part, I expected some answers in the second book, but all I got are more questions?!?!?

The sad part is, I believed the story between Nate and Bailey more than the story between Ky and Maddy. I'm so curious about part 3 and it hasn't even a release date...

RentasticReads
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a reaction I was not expecting at all from this series. I don't know why, but I didn't see this coming. I should've known somehow. Yet here I am, crying big, fat tears. My heart shattered, lying in broken pieces on the floor. And Nate DeLuca completely owning me.

I thought that this would answer a ton of my questions and shed some light on what happens after that heart-stopping cliffhanger at the end of Combative. But no, we don't. Instead, we get a tale of two characters—two broken souls who slow
Jennifer Taylor
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are only 26 letters in the alphabet.. But the way Jay McLean puts them together is like nothing I have read before. The way Jay can pull you into this new world, with her characters is nothing short of amazing. Before reading, prepare yourself for a wild emotional ride, one I wasn't expecting.

Redemptive is the second book in the Combative trilogy (why oh why a trilogy, now we wait for the third). You may expect answers to your burning questions from Combative, Who is Sara? Who is Mark Wad
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jaybirds MoreMunity : Redemptive 23 42 Feb 10, 2016 04:17AM

• The Fall
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Bye-Bye Baby (The Baby Saga, #2)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Crescendo
  • Verona Blood (California Blood, #1)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Gun Moll (Gun Moll, #1)
  • Hers to Take (Loving Your Enemy, #1)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make h

Combative (3 books)
  • Combative (Combative, #1)
  • Destructive (Combative, #3)