Start by marking “Slip of the Tongue” as Want to Read:
Slip of the Tongue

Slip of the Tongue

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  3,645 Ratings  ·  720 Reviews
Sadie Hunt isn’t perfect—but her husband is. Nathan Hunt has her coffee waiting every morning. He holds her hand until the last second. He worships the Manhattan sidewalk she walks on. Until one day, he just…stops. And Sadie finds herself in the last place she ever expected to be. Lonely in her marriage.

When rugged and sexy Finn Cohen moves into the apartment across the ha
Published February 25th 2016

Ellen at Book Bellas
Slip of the Tongue is absolutely enthralling. Jessica Hawkins continues to be one of the most underrated contemporary romance authors today. I ADORED this book!!!

I am personally a fan of love triangles in books – I know, a little strange, but I love the emotion, the forbidden-love aspect and and the thrill of it all. So if you are not a fan, then this book is probably not for you. Sadie has been married to an amazing man who has suddenly and inexplicably shut down. Nathan has stopped communicati
Anna's Ramblings ツ
My feelings about this book are all over the place.

On the one hand I love it, on the other hand I'm pissed at it. It was a good decision not to rate it yesterday evening. I would tear it apart in my review and my rating would be much, much lower. And that would be unfair because this book is good.

It’s not the storyline that bothers me. I don’t mind love triangles in books as long as they're handled well. In fact, I’m always looking for a big thrill. The angstier, the better. You know the saying
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Jessica Hawkins book and it was a heck of a ride. Can I just say HOLY ANGSTFEST?!

WHOA! INDEED!

So first things first, I should start with:

1. There's a 95% chance that at some point while reading this novel you'll be pissed off. **laughs**

2. I LOVE weak willed characters who give into their base desires. Life isn't pretty. Sometimes things happen and you aren't as strong as you think. Often, people don't find out what they're made of until life has handed them a "rough" patch.
Brandi
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

I don't even know what I think. The angst. The frustration. Gaahh. I wanted to throw my kindle more than a few times. Slip of the Tongue was not an easy read, I felt LOTS of things. Marriage is tough, but communication is essential, once you stop talking, things can get messy - throw in a sexy neighbor waiting next door and all hell breaks lose.

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
 photo giphy_zpsby9ehlb8.gif

Slip of the tongue tells the story of Sadie - a perfectionist when it comes to her marriage. But she is having trouble with her husband Nathan who has been cold, distant, and just downright mean. And when her hot as sin new neighbor Finn moves in, she goes to him for comfort and their affair begins.

There were very few things I liked about this story. And A LOT of things I did not.

Actually, as I sit here and write this review, I think the only thing I actually did like about this story was Finn.
S.M. West
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 "Pea" STARS

Wow, this was a really good story but so emotional for me. I felt tattered, torn and deliciously wrung out after reading this. It was wonderfully written and so enthralling that I didn't want to put it down but I had to. I needed breaks because I couldn't take the emotions and turmoil.

Jessica Hawkins does a fantastic job of taking us into the middle of a marriage. A marriage that for 7 years appeared perfect to both husband and wife - Nathan and Sadie Hunt - and to all those th
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
★It's LIVE! Amazon US * Amazon Uk * Amazon CA

SLIP OF THE TONGUE is about marriage, communication, love and human behaviour, the good, the bad and the ugly. I went through so many different emotions whilst reading this story, sympathy, understanding, love and hate. It explores the relationship between a husband and wife and the vital ingredients that make a marriage work. An over-riding message is that nothing is as simple as it seems when affairs of the heart are involved and emotions combined w
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 Emotionally-gripping Stars!

photo AA5F8FC2-EB6C-441B-A3D9-D44C95833139_zpsvwqzv72m.jpg

Wow. This book was really different on many levels. I felt like the author took us into the life of a married couple...a couple once perfectly happily married- until they weren't. A couple where suddenly, for no voiced reason, the husband starts staying out late after work, starts chilling her out physically, starts ramping up his gym regimen...stops communicating. It all points to one huge beacon...another woman. If only he'd speak to her, voice his issues but n
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

"...the least painful part of an affair is the tumble and tangle of body parts. The agony is in the guts. In the reasons behind it. When I let Finn close, I didn't choose him over Nathan - I choose my self."

This is a well written story with two wonder men to choose from for this once doted upon wife. Sadie has lost her husband's affection and attention in the past two months and during this time she connects with the new sexy neighbor in more ways than one.

"He's playing a game with
Katy Loves Romance ❤️

4.25 Stars
 photo 196DEE13-6DBC-4664-A003-B5F3ABC97B63_zpsu2i16l2q.jpg

Ok Eeeek how do I review this book? This very REAL book?? About real life and real consequences... That touched my heart deeply. My emotions are all over the damn place today so I apologise right now for an emotional filled review.

I'll start from the beginning..
Sadie and Nathan have been in blissful marriage, everyone wants to be them, it's the real kind of loving relationship that from the outside they're truly happy. And they have been like that inside as well for all this time,
Michelle
4 Stars!
Once again I decided to step outside of my box and read a book that's not in my comfort zone. These kind of books make me drink!!! lol I'm glad I did because I really loved it.

Nathan and Sadie have been together for 7 years. Nathan worships the ground his wife walks on. His favorite things are her favorite things even if he doesn't really like them. When they go out with friends he always makes sure she's having a good time. He texts or calls her letting her know where he's at and also
warhawke
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cheater lovers & angst whores :p
Shelves: angsty, romance-love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Sadie and Nathan Hunt were the perfect couple on everyone's eyes. Their seven years relationship became the envy and the goal of family and friends. He doted on her, always putting her first until one day he suddenly stopped. Feeling lonely and unloved, she turned to someone else that willingly gave her all the attention.

Finn Cohen was the new neighbor across the hallway. The easy and carefree man was at a turning point
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Jessica Hawkins, and NetGalley.)

“I want to kiss you,” he says without missing a beat. “I won’t, but I thought you should know.”

This was the sort of book which was a little too naughty to read in the same room as my mother, but at the same time it was way too good to put down!

I liked both Sadie and Finn, and they worked really well together. I totally got Sadie’s confusion over what was going
Saffron
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 to 4.5 Stars!

Read it in one sitting (well, almost). Would have loved to see a more deserving ending. Right now its too rushed. But overall, I loved it very much :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
♦ ETA 3/24/16 ~ Woohoo...Andrew IS getting a book!!! ♦

4 - 4.5 ★'s

Have you read that blurb? Holy Angstfest and more! I knew there would be some angst but I wasn't prepared for how much there is and like the little addict I am, I couldn't read the book fast enough.

However, I didn't like everything. The three people involved all bugged me at one point or another and I hated knowing one of them would be left out in the cold. The blurb made me want to know more about the loving husband but we reall
Es Summer
Mar 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nope.

Zero stars.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Did you guys see this cover??? It's stunning right??? I'm going to read it very soon <33

*An advance reading copy was generously provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Crina (Reading Addict)
Mar 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
I decided to stop reading this book at 59%, because it kept pushing my buttons and I don't want to throw my kindle out of the window due to it.

ATTENTION: LOTS OF SWEARING AHEAD. This book awoke the beast in me :)))

Besides the fact that the characters are flat and plain and they think just with other parts of their body instead of brain almost all the time, the plot is just sexually driven or lust driven, which you want to choose, and I'm sure I've read it in other books. BUT this one is the mos
Paige
4 "Slippery Slope" Stars

Anxiety: Party of 1

Right from the start this book drew me in and and my heart rate was all over the place. Watching this marriage crumble from long held pain and lack of communication was difficult to read. Add in an outside party and the knowledge that right from the start bad decisions were going to be made, and I was a bundle of excess energy throughout the whole book.

Sadie had the perfect marriage for years with her husband Nathan at least up until the last two mont
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

“He can’t have you!”

Once we got started, we could not put this book down, reading it in pretty much one sitting! If you’re not a fan of cheating then this book isn’t for you. However, if you devour books with angst, real emotions and an engrossing story, not to mention some of THE hottest sex scenes we’ve encountered for a while, that while not overly descriptive were extremely well written and off the charts hot, then this one just might be for you!

“Sadie, you looked at me like I was…I was s
Jen
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

Holy roller coaster ride! This was a first for me by Jessica Hawkins and the writing was awesome. This book had my emotions all over the place and took me out of my comfort zone. It's a story about the trials and hardship of marriage, about deciding whether to face situations together as a team or going down a different path alone.

"Marriage isn’t easy. Everyone goes through rough patches."

Sadie and Nathan Hunt have been married for five years, together for seven. Everything was great in their m
Dena
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sadie Hunt had the perfect marriage, until one day her husband started to drift away and leave her constantly by herself. Then comes along this sexy new neighbor, Finn Cohen, who gives her all this attention she can ever hope for and she magically falls into his sack. Finn is charming, sexy and shows Sadie attention, something her husband has stopped doing.

Nathan Hunt, he's sort of mysterious but I really loved him. Sadie is the love of his life but things have been different. We don't know what
Lorie
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feb-2016
This was me yesterday……….

and.....

description

Because all I did was this........

And it was..........

4.5 STARS!!!

”…if I had your love I wouldn’t waste it like he does. He’s playing a game with you. He’ll regret pushing you away, though, when he realizes I’m here, waiting to catch you.”

If you loved the Cityscape series, you will absolutely love this one! And, if you haven’t read Cityscape, I guarantee once you read Slip of the Tongue it will be the next book you devour.

Once again, Jessica Hawkins has someho
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins
4 stars!!!

“I’m beginning to see that perfection is overrated.”

This was one of those frustrating reads for me, frustrating yet totally understandable…a bit of a contradiction you might say but what Jessica Hawkins delivered was an honest, relatable account of a typical married couple. A marriage is nothing without communication and for some reason it was this that became lacking for a couple that always had communication at the forefront of their relations
Lea ★
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this one.
Only reason I am giving it a 3 star rating is because Jessica Hawkins truly is a good writer.
I usually have troubles with love triangles, and I just can't seem to past my issues with them.
Also, if you can't stand cheating in novels, this one is not for you.
Story is about a married couple who somehow start to pull apart and distance themselves from each other. Their emotional separation is subtle at first, but become much more obvious as time m
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

“He can’t have you!”

“Sadie, you looked at me like I was…I was s
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
This was a tough book for me to get through, and I can’t fault the quality of the writing because it’s excellent. Perhaps I should have paid closer attention to the blurb because it makes no secret of the fact that the main character, Sadie, enters into a love affair with her neighbor, Finn. In my mind though, there’s “justifiable” cheating in a fictional world where I’m rooting for the two cheaters to get together because the partner/spouse is so annoying, abusive, and obviously just plain wron ...more
Francoise
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads

"He wants me-he told me as much to my face. Nathan has said he doesn't. How far are they willing to go ? How far am I?"

Jessica Hawkins is one of my favorite authors. This may be fangirling, but I will read every book she writes ! She has a gift to capture emotions in her writing and suck the reader in her story. Her books tend to involve love triangles and cheating. This is usually not my favorite type of books, but I know that this author will deliver a captivating and brilliant story
Ela
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
No remorse, no guilt, cheat acceptance, idiotic chick, pussy husband, naïve/childish neighbor/fuck buddy and a Burberry Coat. Damn I want that coat.
Author and Blogge...: The Book For March is Slip of the Tongue! 4 12 Mar 17, 2016 08:02AM
Bargain Basement: $10 Amazon Gift Card 1 18 Feb 03, 2016 02:53PM
  • Bindings
  • No Regrets
  • Knot (Wake Family, #1)
  • Beguiling (Tempting, #2)
  • Enamor
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Predator (Men of Honor #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • The Layover
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1)
  • Sway
  • At Your Beck & Call
  • Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1)
  • Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Hard

“Maybe we have to go through certain experiences in order to get where we’re supposed to be.” 2 likes
“If you ever think he’s falling out of love with you, stop him. Before it’s too late.” 2 likes