Start by marking “Predator and Prey (The Shifters #9)” as Want to Read:
Predator and Prey (The Shifters #9)

Predator and Prey

(The Shifters #9)

The Shifters: Book Nine

Vietnam War vet turned deep-sea treasure hunter Digger Sullivan scratches out a living, and this new commission is just another job—albeit an exciting one—off the Florida coast in 1977. But while exploring the area, Digger and his crew encounter a lot more sharks than they expected.

Reef and his shark shifter clan are charged with protecting a vital
Published January 13th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Predator and Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predator and Prey

Christy
As I said already, this series circles around, much like life. The two scrolls that Con and Quincy had on their voyage from England to the colonies (in book seven) sank to the bottom of the ocean when their ship did. They were rescued by Imelda, a master shifter and the one who helped them to establish Haven, but they left the scrolls where they were thinking no one could find them there. Well, it's now 1977, and technology has increased. In 'Predator and Prey', deep sea treasure hunter, Digger, ...more
Ami

I've been following this series since 2011. I know what to expect by now. So no big complaint on everything because well I know what I will get. I did like the description of the deep water, or the first time Reef (in his shark form) met Digger. It felt majestic and eerie at the same time! I wouldn't be as calm if I have to look at shark right in the eyes *shudders*

NB: The prologue had an update of Con and Quincy from Hunted Guardian (view spoiler)
Morgan  Skye
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Digger and his crew are hunting for treasure for a mysterious “heiress”. They don’t know what they’re looking for only where it is. When they dive deep to find it they are accosted by Great White Sharks!

Reef is a Great White Shark Shifter put in charge of guarding the scrolls (from the previous books) that protect Earth from destruction. Though he’s bored, he’s dedicated. When a man comes into his territory seeking the scrolls he’s intrigued by his bravery and warrior’s spirit.

Unexpectedly, Digg
Katherine
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A further step in the journey of learning about the weapon that Arcas is trying to wield in the present story. We return back to the shipwreck from Hunted Guardian where the scrolls are now guarded by shark shifters.

I found that the sharks were another fascinating type of shifter. Much like in the Serpent and the Angel, we find that sharks have a different type of relationship with their human half than other shifters. The change is harder on them, from water to land, and the type of creature di
Ro Dubose
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Digger Sullivan prefers the peaceful life, exploring the sea, rather than dealing with a scornful society on land. Shark shifter Reef is craving a break from his guard duties. Reef’s boredom quickly ends when Digger finds one of the scrolls Reef and his shark shifter clan are protecting.

Predator and Prey is the ninth book in The Shifters series. This series is written in two parts. The first part features shifters finding their mates while the second part features the guardians of the magical sc
Keri
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifters, 2016
I jumped into this series with book. This short story packed a lot in. There was action, suspense, sexy times, thoughtful conversations, story building and character development.

Digger and Reef actually are quite perfect for each other. They understand each other in ways that mean the most for relationships. Once Digger got over the shock of Reef being a shark, he knew he loved him. It goes to show love always wins.

The back story intrigues me and now that the action of saving the scrolls has b
CB
Jan 09, 2016 added it
Shelves: misc-book
There are 5 parts to the overall story and only 2 ( The Beginning and Scrolls) are out so far, which include 12 books - about 20 books will be in the total (see author's website for complete listing).

I have read them 2x now as more books have come out. Each book has it's own story but there is a back story that threads throughout them - I will wait until all the parts come out now to be able to complete the overall story before reading again.

Also, the next time I read the series, I will read it
Jamielee
Etta Mackey
Feb 07, 2016
Ruthie
Feb 08, 2016

The Shifters (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1)
  • Celtic Warrior and Wolf Spirit (The Shifters, #1.5)
  • Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifters #2)
  • Blind Devotion (The Shifters #3)
  • Ghosts of Halloween Past (The Shifters, #3.5)
  • Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)
  • Healing Minds (The Shifters #5)
  • Hearts and Minds (The Shifters, #5.5)
  • Master's Blood (The Shifters #6)
  • Hunted Guardian (The Shifters #7)