Start by marking “Twisted Fate (Twisted Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Fate (Twisted Fate, #1)

Twisted Fate (Twisted Fate #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
One life changing choice…

Three lives.
Two love stories.
The past, the present...

When Piper Evans stumbled into Jack Alexander’s life he knew things were about to change. Her free spirit and noncommittal attitude left him wanting more. A lot more—he wanted forever. Unfortunately, forever becomes complicated when fate has other plans.

But that was years ago...

Still shattered by
ebook
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Fate

Annmarie
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Tre Talbot
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book deals with the topic of anxiety and how Jovie handles herself with it, during one of these times she unexpectedly meets Jack at a party. Throughout the story we're taken into the past with Jack and we slowly get glimpses into what happened to him and helps us understand why he is the way he is now. When you adjust to the flip flopping of past to present time the story will just flow seamlessly and will have you reading to find out more. I thought I had it all figured out with what the ...more
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is Emery Jacob's first book and at one point I had to message her just to make sure because I was so invested and normally that doesn't happen to me with new authors.

This book goes from past to present you meet sexy Jack, man whore who's holding onto secrets of his past that he can't seem to move from, so instead of doing the right thing he has meaningless relationships with women he doesn't care about.

Jovie has grown up with strict parents always breathing down her neck all she wants to
Krissy V.
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, there was a bit of jumping from past to present, but it was handled very well.

I felt all the feelings of one of the main characters who was tortured with an event in his past.

There were twists and turns throughout the book and this kept me intrigued until the end.

Really loved it and would recommend it
Karen Sedgman
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story between Jovie and Jack!! It did jump around a little bit past to present!! Loved Jovie!! Jack did frustrate me sometimes! Everybody was hurting in their own ways and for their own reasons!! Such a twist of fate, how fate can twist!! Does end with a HEA!!!
Kerry Callaway
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twisted fate has been on my TBR list since I saw the first teaser for this book over six months ago. Every time a new teaser came out it was almost torture, I wanted to read this book so much. When I was asked if I wanted an ARC of this book I was eager and excited to receive it.
Haunted by his past Jack now lives his life by a set of rules. he never stays the night with a girl, he has no strings attached sex and the minute the girls he sleeps with want more he ups and leaves out of their lives.
Stephanie  Mae
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Jovie and Jack. I like Jovie, she's likable. Jack, not so much. Jovie has moved with her best friend back to her hometown. Largely due to the death of her sister and her parents inability to deal. Jack is a bit of a mystery. You'll see. The author alludes to his back story, but you don't really know until later in the story.
Jack and Jovie don't fall instantly in love, for sure lust. If anything, Jack feels deeply threatened by his feelings for Jovie. He does all that he can to keep distance betw
Becky Rendon
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jovie is desperate to get out from under her overprotective parents. So desperate she's going to college 12 hours away. She wants to live life with room to breathe and freedom to do anything she wants.
Dating
Boyfriend
Drinking
Whatever!

Everything for Jovie is about to change- all because of the gorgeous guy with the need to stare into her eyes. He asks too many questions while staring into her eyes. She can't even breathe when he does it, much less answer questions.

Jack can't get those eyes out of
Tina Marina
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the story was different to other books that I have read and it made a refreshing change to read something different.

Jack has a huge struggle trying to overcome a tragedy from his past, you can feel his pain and see how he is pushing every woman away so that he doesn’t lose anyone again. This means he is an arrogant prick and a whore.

Personally I find it hard to keep up with timescales that jump to the past and then to the present all the time, but that is only my own
Michelle Damron
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This blurb was interesting and had to download right away. The potential was there. I didn't love it nor did I hate it. I think I just wasn't fully on board with Jack and Jovie's. I'm not exactly why! I think if there wasn't so much flashback, the relationship could have developed a little more. Even though he was up front about his rules. I just felt he was lacking and that Jovie could have done better. This book did hold my interest as I wanted to see how this played out but once I got to end ...more
AJ's book-reMarks
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eyes never lie

First time reading this author have to say wasn't sure what to expect. A good story, a little strange Jack didn't put it together sooner especially because they looked alike and shared the same eyes. Siblings almost always share a looks, gestures, speech, and traits. You know the whole nature verses nuture philosophy. Overall a good read. AJM

Kimberly
Mar 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This is an emotionally charged story of a young woman trying to find herself. Jovie has been sheltered by her parents since her sister died when she was 12. They moved her far away from her home in Houston to Brownsboro Georgia. But, Jovie goes back to Houston to go to school and finally have a life of her own. She meets a gorgeous and enigmatic man named Jack, he is a mystery and confuses Jovie but she is drawn to him just the same. But, there is a secret, a bit one and when it's revealed it wi ...more
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
Amazing Debut by Emery Jacobs!! I was hooked from the first page. At first I was worried about the back and forth from past to present but it was done so flawlessly!!

Jovie and her best friend leave home to go to college. She has a tragic past and is trying her best to come to terms with it.
Jack is a tattoo artist that Jovie meets at a party. He is drawn to her from the beginning but he doesn't do the dating thing so he fights his attraction to her.
This story has so many twists and turns!! Not
Paula D
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
7 years ago Jack unfortunately walks in a room at a party and sees his girl Piper cheating on him with his best friend. Jack has changed no relationship just sex can't get heart involved. Jovie all excited about going to college getting away from her parents she needs a brake and deal with her anxiety. One day at a party her anxiety starts acting up and she meets Jack they end up becoming friends but what happens when it becomes more and there is fate to the story? Amazing read. Sometimes people ...more
Catherine  Weir
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story the writer has created. The back story is interwoven throughout the book. The main characters are relatable but not predictable. The story moves along at a amazing pace and keeps you hooked from the beginning. There are struggles that were very relatable for me personally and I found that the author handle it with class and grace. I appreciate the care and understanding in describing these situations while making an enjoyable story. I loved this book. It was my first from this ...more
Tonya
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a book that you have to finish. Each page leaves you wanting more. To see what happens next. It took me. Few chapters before my brain kicked in to put the pieces together but I finally got it before it was all revealed. I really liked the characters. Especially Jovie and Jack. They both suffered a loss that affected them for years. While one tries to address the issues the other tries to lock it all away. It was a really good read and no cliffhanger so that is awesome.
Crystal
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jovie was a sweet girl who is going away to college to get away from her strict parents. She used to suffer from panic attacks but hasn't had one in awhile, but being back in the city where tragedy changed her life they have come back. Jack a sexy tattoo artist, who doesn't do relationships. He had love once and it ended badly, he won't put his heart on the line again. They both fight the attraction to each other. Twisted Fate was an enjoyable read.
Cali Gals
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was a captivating and poetic read. It was an engaging and full story from the first page. This tale goes back and forth in time which is fitting and somewhat require to tell the story well. The main characters (Jack and Jovie) are haunted by earlier tragedies. This book looks at present day and the past to unravel what is standing in the way of their happiness. It delves into emotional subjects such as loss, grief and anxiety. You see the cost of grief and the fear of developing meani ...more
Janet Hammons
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 twisted stars

Okay I have to admit that I got a few chapters into this book and had to stop and go back to the beginning. I got lost. If this happens to you don't give up on this book. It is an amazing story line with twists and drama. I love it. Piper was off her rocker crazy I think. Jovie has issues but she isn't anything like Piper. Jack is a great guy but he has survivors guilt. And it runs deep for him. Caleb is just an a-hole of epic proportions.
Jamie Arthur
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Yazarın bize aktarmaya çalıştığı hisler çok yüzeyel kaldı. Bir sayfada erkek karakter başka bi kızla , esas kız kıskanıyor. Sonraki sayfada kıskanan kız hiçbir şey olmamış gibi beyimizi sevmeye devam ediyor. Kurgu fena değildi ama duygu yok.
Holly Hawkins
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read of this author and I'm hooked! This books gives you the feels and then some. I can't wait to read more. She puts you right there in the thick of things and pulls you through. And you realise that sometimes you can determine your own.
Jamie Ellis
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Really enjoyed this book. Just wish we could of learned why Piper was the way she was and why. It could of gave this story a little more depth and understanding. This was a quick read and great book.
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Valeen Robertson
This is one of the worst books I've read in awhile. The pacing is all off, for one. But, the worst part about it is that Jack is a total douchebag and the girl he loved so much wasn't worth his time or his love, considering how she treated him. He let her mess him up to the point that he treated women the way she treated him. I didn't really feel the connection very strongly between Jack and Jovie. They were hooking up, abiding by his stupid fuck buddy rules, then, she finds out he's a cheating ...more
Dinaa3
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Wow, What a Great Book

I'm so happy that I didn't rely on the reviews that said they hated Jack and thought Jovie should've not given in so quickly. That is totally a false description of what this book was all about.

I Loved Jack, sure he had issues with relationships but was up front and never did anything malicious to hurt anyone although I kinda wish he would have given Ivy the boot from the beginning.

Jovie I loved also and considering her sheltered life I found she handled her self great ho
Kristin Paladino
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twisted is Right

So, Jovie and Jack, twisted is very apropos. Their pasts mingling to create a future. Their demons bond them forging a love built on ghosts and timing. The story was crazy good but I just realistically couldn't see how he didn't piece it together sooner or anyone else for that matter. Sometimes love is just that blind, or maybe that's just how fate works.
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
*I received an ARC from Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so much Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR for sending me an ARC of this book! I’m very grateful!❤

5 Fate is a crazy thing Stars!!

This book was one crazy ride. I didn't expect half of the things that happened to happen. I was so surprised as well as shocked. I had to figure everything out to the point i had to read it in one sitting to reach the last page. It was very unique and refreshing too. This book deals with lo
Theresa Alberts
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Twisted Fate is a story about finding your way after tragedy for both Jake and Jovie. This story had love lost, found, angst and some humor. It was an enjoyable read, while slightly predictable, I would still recommend it to others.

Jovie is finally out from under her parents thumb when she returns home to Texas to attend college with her best friend Layla. She cannot wait to live her life on her terms and no one else's. She is determined to work past the events of her childhood that sometimes h
Erica
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Review to follow! !

********

"I just let the best thing in my life walk away without as much as a goodbye."

Though I enjoyed this book immensely, I pretty much saw the plot unfolding (it was too obvious), which sort of ruined some of the experience for me.

What I enjoyed: I liked both of the characters. Jack is more than a little broken by his past. But the past has him frozen. Though he may not fully realize it, he is just going through the motions. He refuses to let anyone close and chooses not t
Amy
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars for me

When a door closes another door opens and you never know who might be behind it.

Jack and Piper were an item in college. He loved her as much as she loved him. Or did she?

Years later Jovie shows up and there is something about her. He can't put his finger on it, but there is something. Only he doesn't do relationships. He only does sex. And Jack wants it with Jovie in a bad way! Only Ivy his current FWB isn't having it. She is down right mean to Jovie every chance she gets and it
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Emotional romance…

There was a mystery right from the beginning as Jack Alexander clearly was not over a tragedy that occurred years before. That tragedy was slowly revealed in a story that jumped from the past to the present in a rolling timeline. Jack was not the only one who was having a hard time letting go of the past. Jovie Blake was trying to start fresh as she leaves home to attend college away from her own past and the parents who wanted to shelter her too much. These two lost souls were
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Beyond the Orange Moon (Mathews Family, #2)
  • Fox (Drive Me Wild #1)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Gunny (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #5)
  • Middle Eight
  • Sharing Rylee
  • Strange Magic: Part Two (Magic, #2)
  • Southern Rocker Chick (Southern Rockers, #2)
  • Love Like We Do - Side B (Love Like We Do #2)
  • Jesus Freaks: The Prodigal (Jesus Freaks, #2)
  • Stupid Hearts
  • Incompatibly Yours
  • Touch Me (Rock Royalty, #4)
  • What a Girl Wants (Rock Stars in Disguise 0.3)
  • Own (Command Force Alpha, #1)
  • Interference
  • Steel (Satan's Savages MC, #1)

Emery grew up in Southern Arkansas and has lived most of her adult life in Northern Louisiana. She spends her days working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural health and her nights reading, writing, and occasionally sleeping.

She loves real life romance…lots of angst and heartbreak, but always a happy ending.

Twisted Fate (5 books)
  • Beautiful Torture (Twisted Fate, #1.5)
  • Chasing Fire (Twisted Fate, #2)
  • Beautiful Forever (Beautiful Fate Duet #2, Twisted Fate #2.5)
  • Sweet Lies (Twisted Fate, #2.6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)