Start by marking “Bound To Fate (Bound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound To Fate (Bound, #1)

Bound To Fate

(Bound #1)

Lara Johnson is coping with the emotional scars of losing both parents in a tragic incident and facing the challenges of starting a new school. Getting involved in a relationship isn't on her priority list. Certainly not this illicit desire for a man, who demands the best from her, yet leaves her breathless in his presence.

All Ike Thomas wants to do is to keep out of trou
ebook
Published (first published January 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Bound To Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound To Fate

Start your review of Bound To Fate (Bound, #1)
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
I really enjoyed this book because the location and culture resonated within me. The storytelling was vivid and descriptive, that I felt like I was watching a film. I can't say that I considered this story a love story as much as a story about growth, hope, survival and second chances.

Lara Johnson moved to live with her Aunt in Enugu (Nigeria) with her younger sister after a tragic car accident left them orphans. The transition was rough for the introverted Lara, who was still having nightmare f
Ebony
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! Seeing Lara's progression through loss, love, pain & healing as well as Ike's growth as a man, moving past expectations of others & just learning to do what made him happy, made me really appreciate the character development. I can't wait to see where Book 2 goes!!! Thanks for a great read!!! ...more
Empi Baryeh
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bound to Fate starts out with a forbidden love between Lara and Ike. Their attraction is instant and mutual, and their romance is sweet. I found myself rooting for Lara and Ike from the moment they met even when their relationship was forbidden. I couldn't wait to see how their innocent love progressed to a HEA.

As we all know, young love usually faces some challenges, and this is no different. Lara and Ike are in different spaces in their lives; being together would come at a cost that may be to
Chasia Lloyd
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Set in Nigeria, Bound To Fate is a sensual tale of star-crossed lovers with deep wounds falling for each other and struggling to actually get together.

The first half of this book was a bit hard for me to get invested in - a student/teacher relationship where the emotional details of actually falling for each other are glossed over, leaving only the physical, left me uneasy. I didn't really care much for their relationship's resolution since I didn't know either Lara or Ike.

Fastforward to the sec
Becky
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lara is starting over with her sister. After their parents death they moved to their aunts in a new city. Her first day at a new school is terrifying to her and when she meets her teacher, she can't believe how gorgeous, and young, he is.
Ike Thomas is working on a year internship at a high school as a geography teacher. His new student has captured him, everything about her he can't resist. They begin a forbidden romance that he ends abruptly and devastates Lara. That night changes her for the
Oluwakemi Babalola
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bound to Fate is a bittersweet story about forbidden love found, then crushingly lost in the most brutal way. Without giving too much away, it is the story of Ike and Lara who find love at a point in their lives when they both need each other the most but societal rules and the actions of unsavory characters conspire to keep them apart. This is not your typical Kiru Taye novel of overwhelming passion and hot steamy sex; this book deals with sensitive issues faced by a large number of people in s ...more
Nana Prah
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love a book that can take me through a range of emotions. The fear elicited by an inappropriate crush (which I secretly wanted to succeed because it was so much more than a crush). Hope for the heroine who had been through so much in her life. A chastisement for the hero who should’ve known better and yet followed his heart anyway. Raw anger at characters who were downright wretched.

Bound to Fate ended up being different from what I’d anticipated, but it a good way. The harsher aspects gave it
Henza R.
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Why I love this book?
The story is about hope, survival, forgiveness and moving on. We're all bound to our past and memories. And they have an impact on our present and future lives. It is about embracing our past knowing you can't change it.
This story is about a woman who lets love heal her wounded soul.
This story is about a man willing to fight for his love.
This is a story about an enduring love.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical romance novel! It is a heart wrenching, heartfelt story of love, loss and forgiveness. Lara moves to a new town, new school following tragic events and falls for the wrong person. However, societal norms and expectations prove that love is sometimes ugly and complicated.
Jite
May 12, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
sjoyce
Disastrous Desriny

The book was a good read. However, it was a slow read. You knew the back stories for all of the characters but they were not as developed as they could have been. The plot was thin. There was no intrigue because you knew who "did it" from the beginning. Being set in Nigeria made it different from other books of this genre. The ending was rushed.

This book was average when it could have been excellent. Even though the couple received the HEA, there were things left unresolved. Y
Jodee
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful read. It shows you how one decision can affect the rest of your life.

Lara is a very brave and strong young lady. Ike, even though I didn’t like him all the time in the book, he is a very caring man and you can feel his concern for Lara.

I had never read anything by this author before, and honestly I picked it becaus of the cover. I was not disappointed. The author did a wonderful job with the story it caught at the beginning and help me all the way through. I can’t wait to read the nex
Ebony
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love wins

This was a challenging love story. Sweet, innocent Lara experienced so much loss in her life. When she finally saw some light in her future with Ike...it was forbidden. I enjoyed that this story was based in Africa and different from the typical American surroundings in most books I read. The ups and downs Lara and Ike experienced to finally conquer love were rough, but worth the read.
Janice
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star crossed love, unbidden love, bound by fate. Some of the story is hard and difficult to read but its what makes the story so believable. I enjoyed the read and even the tuff times as it made the story so much stronger. I wish some charges or vengeance would have been dealt. Happy endings, but left some things unresolved as the PA and her lose gossiping mouth, unbecoming of a powerful employer. She should have been given her walking papers. No clarification to fellow employees.
Ruth Foreman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Bound to Fate. It felt like I was reading about someone who went through this experience and was retelling the story. It was so hard for me to stop reading it because I was so keen on finding what exactly that night. I love how Ike did not give up on her from day one. Great story line
Sonya Evans
Ike was a compassionate man!

I enjoyed the connection shared between Lara and Ike from beginning to end. The dedication between Ike and Henry along with Lara and Ada is to be commended. This is a great novel but the reason I rated it as a three is because of the amount of grammatical errors aligned in the story.
Isaiah
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm

Don't really know what to say about this one. Nice explicit sex scenes, very nice woven plot, and on occasion funny. However, the story seemed to drag at some places and rush the next. I'll read the sequel because the author can craft a story. I just hope the next book has a steady pace.
Mildred L.
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The One

Fate has a way of placing us where we need to be when we least expect it. I loved the story. It made me realize that there is someone waiting for each of us whether we yesterday or 10 years ago. LOVE will find its way to you.
Denise Morrow
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

It was a great book very descriptive I felt like I was in the story. It was also filled with emotion it also has some suspense about what had happened in their lives. With the help of the Doctor they were both able to over come their fears.
Louis Edwards
Good story

I can see the plot to keeping these two love bird away from each other. However, I’m having a hard time with a woman who sets another young woman up for rape and she not be just as guilt as the one who raped her. There is just a little to much forgiveness going on here!
Jessica Dawn
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I enjoyed this book. Everyone has had a crutch on a teacher. Bullies come in different sizes, and unexpected individuals. The twists and turns will keep you turning. The unexpected will make your mouth fall open. Laughter, tears and jubilation kept me engrossed.
Radiance Martin
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance at its Best

A truly romantic read between two people who are truly in love with each other. Time is on their side.
Dynette M.
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is just as the author described her writing, however, there are quite a few distracting typographical and grammar errors.
C
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden love

Forbidden love leaves to making all the wrong decisions. Great change of location, Nigeria yea! I did feel that the ending was rushed, but good.
Latoya
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I love reading about ike and lara story, a little sad what happen to Lara, but i am glad Malcom got what he deserved. And Gloria will be getting hers next.
Lady Champ
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bound to fate

I like it because of the love and fate. Fate brought together a love that couldn't be broken. Great work of art!
Liza
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! Great drama, love, and passion.
lt4life
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting story. I love that it took place in Nigeria and had cultural references
Tonya Davenport
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this. Was not expecting this to be so great. But with all the twist ant turns the ending was far better than I expected. Loved the ending.
Viola
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Serious Plots

From scandal to outrageous mess, the tale is wonderfully told. Love the twists and turns and the way they are narrated.

• Maybe This Time (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • Bounce Back (Nymphs and Trojans, #4)
  • On The Rebound (Nymphs & Trojans #3)
  • Best Laid Plans (All the Little Things, #4)
  • All the Little Things
  • Gone Awry (All the Little Things, #5)
  • The Closer I Get to You
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • The Law of Attraction (The Montgomery Girls Book 2)
  • The Last Single Girl (Brew Ha Ha, #1)
  • Sweet and Sour (Sweet #2)
  • Archangel (de Lohr Dynasty, #5)
  • The Earl in Winter (de Lohr Dynasty, #8.5)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweet #4)
  • A Blessed de Lohr Christmas (de Lohr Dynasty Book 9)
  • Mimic
  • Picture It (Scorching Internet Connections #1)
  • STIFF (Heavy On The D Book 1)
As a lover of romance novels, Kiru wanted to read stories about Africans falling in love. When she couldn’t find those books, she decided to write the stories she wanted to read.

Kiru writes sensual stories featuring African characters whether on the continent or in the Diaspora. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She curre

Bound (5 books)
  • Bound to Ransom (Bound, #2)
  • Bound to Passion (Bound, #3)
  • Bound to Favor (Bound, #4)
  • Bound to Liberty