Start by marking “Into the Black (Blackwood Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Into the Black (Blackwood Security, #2)

Into the Black

(Blackwood Security #2)

Diamond may be used to saving the world, but can she save her own relationship?

With her husband’s killer still on the loose and her life in England a disaster, Diamond returns to the only thing she knows: work. As the star of special ops takes on enemies from the States to Syria, she finds the toughest battle is the one going on in her own head.

While she faces her demons,
Paperback, 1, 451 pages
Published January 2nd 2016 by Undercover Publishing Limited

To ask other readers questions about Into the Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Black

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Girls Who Kick Ass
1,065 books — 683 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothGraceling by Kristin CashoreThrone of Glass by Sarah J. MaasPoison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Kick-Ass Heroines
405 books — 427 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Into the Black (Blackwood Security, #2)
Caitlin
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I definitely enjoyed this book.

Spoilers:

As much and I would love to hate Black, I feel like I understood what Diamond meant to him through this book.

I have a theory that Black faked his death and that either Nate or Nick was in on it. The mystery caller could be Black telling her not to investigate his death because she would find out that he wasn't actually dead. I feel like he had to do it for a case or as a test for Diamond to see how she could handle it.

I do hope that Luke stays out of the
katie1jfgmail.com
One of the best series!

These books are the best,they're the ones that keep you up late because you can't put them down. You almost don't want them to be over at the end.
Mare
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Well. I liked the writing stile, characters and so on. I really is a good story, but I had I few problems with it. First of all I'm not sure this should be classified as a romance book. Thriller, suspense and similar is on the spot, but romance, not so much. I would give this 4 stars if I expected only suspense/thriller story. But as the first book had Ash/Emmy and Luke as a fair portion of the story I expected something to happen along this line. I really think there should be some tipe of ...more
Michele Evans
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great second book!

I love the kick ass heroine in this story but I really wish she could get a happy ending- I was mad at Luke and Mack and even though he’s not right for her it’s gotta suck seeing others happy when your shot at happiness died. Is it possible to bring Mr. Black back from the dead? That would make my day- if not that, then find someone strong and loyal for our leading lady- maybe someone who’s not just a FWB. She’s had a shitty childhood and a tough life- she deserves a little
Brynette Turner
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first half of the book was mostly Emmy's backstory and catching us up on Luke and Tia. Then the excitement kicked in with an impossible mission, new love interests, fascinating connections, and the return of a threat that will be addressed in the next book. The backstory's purpose made a lot of sense, so be patient. The relationship dynamics moving forward are bound to be intriguing. I can't wait!
Bonny Niswonger
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can not stop reading the Blackwood security series from the start of book 1. From book 1 Emmy starts out one way with her feelings out of control and now she is taking care of a kidnapping things with the CIA and other things all while she is not in control of her self. But it is time to Buy the book and read what happens next and enjoy the book with Emmy and her friends it is worth it. You will not want to put it down
Sandra
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and it's sure nice to learn more about Emmy but it hurts that she has to go through life without Black. I wish she have had the chance to show him how she felt but he sure still gives her strength like when she's fighting to survive in Jordania. I wasn't too keen on Luke falling for Mack at first but since Emmy can never be the one for him, I accept that both computer nerds might work out as a couple. I'm looking forward to read on Forever Black now.
Flora W.
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel

Into The Black picks up where Pitch Black ended. Luke and Tia reappear. We also get the background of Emerson-how she met her husband, her childhood, her training. This back flash takes up a large portion of the book and was fascinating. We get to know Emerson because, like Luke, we only knew her as Ash in Pitch Black. And Emerson is one tough lady. She is like a female James Bond. A mission in Syria shows just how good she is. Can't wait to read the next book!
Sandee
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Better than the first book. The character growth continues and the depth of the emotions is just as compelling. Emmy is taking on international cases that are scarier and more threatening. Romance continues to be part of the plot and Emmy's back story is revealed. I highly recommend this book.
Jennifer Ogidi
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing n fantastic, I really love the new version of "Into the Black" it's mor thrilling than the original version as its mor in depth. I mostly love seeing Emmy stuggling to keep to her promise of Bet to Black even though Black wasn't there. Elise Noble is an Amazing Author, u won't be disappointed when u pick up any of her book n b begging for mor of her books.
Joanna
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first, although it gave a better look into why Emmy is the way she is there just seemed to be something missing. I will read the third though as I'm still curious about how everything is going to turn out.
Trish Goodgame
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: noble-elise
After reading the first book of this series (a freebie), I simply had to read more, so I bought the Black Trilogy. I love the characters (& sometimes love to get cross with the characters as they become so real - eg the ongoing saga of Luke & Ash, Luke's attraction to Mack after theoretically being so in love with "Ash" aka Emmy in the first book). The writing flows freely to keep the interest up. I was never bored for a moment. Looking forward to reading further developments in book 3 ...more
Deb
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I love this blackwood series. I received book 1 free and couldn't get in to give a review. Book 2 was just as fantastic, it's full of action, excitement, and you get some sexy going on in there too. At this point I plan on continuing to buy the books in the series. Enjoy.
Alina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the most amazing book series i have ever read.......The story is so engaging that u forget whats going on in your own life......best book ever!......Never loved fictional characters so much......The author has a way with the words used...... ...more
Ally Dobry
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This clean version of Into the Black is just as amazing as the original version!
Jezza Mae
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Very well written, and I super enjoyed reading it
Marion Philippi
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Very fast moving and hard to put down. The history of Emmy and Black puts her character into perspective. Great book!
Lisa
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I skipped over the flashback scenes, which was like a third of the book, because I really just didn't care about Emmy's past. I don't think I'll read the rest of the series.
Elaine
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is really well edited. Yes, the main female protagonist was somewhat of a cliché, but the story was compelling enough for me to see past it.

A solid read if you want something light, yet entertaining.
Mrs Barbara Cunliffe
Great

Once again couldn't put this book down, love the twists and turns, the characters are brilliant. Ready to read the next one
QueenBeeQT
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything a Romantic Thriller Should Be!!! :)

Diamond (Emmy) is at it again. Her kick-ass, take no prisoners confidence is coming back even as she still grieves her husband's death.

While battling demons from her past, Emmy expertly handles a kidnapping, a CIA hostage rescue situation, and a Syrian stolen arms depot that goes up in a ball of fire requiring a creative exit. In calmer times, we visit an exclusive private club, a boxing gym, and Emmy's homes (really mansions) in the US &
Georgia Scott
Slutty

Even though I found most of the dialogue entertaining, I can't say I was crazy about Emerson. I wasn't turned off by the f bomb being dropped... I was turned off by the trampy behavior of the heroin. I mean, who didn't the woman sleep with that were mutual "friends" to her and her husband? She was sooo in love with Black that it took her a whole month to develop feelings for another man after he died. She was sooo in love with her husband she broke up with one man and continued to have sex
Aaiysha
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved the book!! I love how we got an insight to Emmy's past and more information about Black as well. This is one of those books that you literally cannnot put down and just have to keep reading!! Can't wait to read the next one!!
Helen Graul
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Emma Black’s story continues in Into The Black, and I couldn’t be happier!! Elise Noble has continued on with Emmy’s challenges. Emmy is a very complex and well-developed lead character that I truly have come to love and appreciate. You feel her emotions as she leads you into many thrilling and suspenseful situations. As in Elise’s other books, I also found myself quite frequently on the edge of my seat with the suspense of it all. I also chuckled and downright laughed long and loud as some ...more
Hafsa Kider
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have to word out what I really felt when I read this book.

Anybody who read the first would definitely cry for this book, and it doesn't disappoint you at all. It gets even more thrilling, you will want to act out the scenes.

And what else could get you 'into the black' than that? Well, you get to see the Real Emerson too. Real with a capital R.

Warning: Complete all your important work before sitting down for this, you are going to ignore everything.

Oh! Stay away from people. You
Anna
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blonde, British, Better than special forces and MI6 combined, Diamond can take down James Bond and still look like a million bucks.
We continue to follow Diamond in her struggle to come together after her world ended, but learn that sometimes the hardest challenge is to agree with oneself. I love how she becomes relatable to day-to-day struggles, even though I can't go to Syria to let out some steam. Her journey through recovery can happen to any of us, and I love how the author shows us that
Meagan Walker
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, completely captivated by the story Elise has to tell... I feel like I know her characters on a personal level! The only part I was not too fond of, was when I read the last word on the last page.. I could not put this book down, and most certainly did not want it to end.
Rajneet Kaur
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The blackwood series keeps getting better and better with every book!! it has captivated me..The way it is written makes u feel connected with the characters.and u make ur own new world in it...!Luv it...
Ally Dobry
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! I thought that this second book was very enjoyable and gave me some more insight into who the main character really is. Emerson has been one of the most quirky and likable characters that I have read about, and I CANNOT wait to read the third book.
Darrell
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I really like this Emmy character and all her friends , this was a great second book and am going to go grab the 3rd in this series , as I feel like Emmy and her friends are now my friends !

• Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
  • Cold Malice (Cold Justice, #8)
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Access (Alex Drake, #1)
  • Catalyst (Flashpoint #2)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • Firestorm (Flashpoint #3)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Running On Empty (LCR Elite, #1)
  • Shared by her Bodyguards
  • When Danger Calls (Five Star Expressions)
  • Finding Her Chance (Stealth Ops, #4)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • The Gardener (Love Rebooted Series, #1)
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • Highlander’s Mysterious Lady
  • Beast
  • Taking His Bride (Baby Daddy University, #3)
Elise is an English rose with a few thorns who loves chocolate, sleep, and well-defined abs. Not hers, unfortunately.

She lives near London with a sexy chef, a horse who eats all her money, and a dog who eats her car keys. Always a reader, she took up writing after inspiration struck in an old manor house, and still pinches herself at the fact that people read her books. She spends her days

Blackwood Security (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Pitch Black (Blackwood Security, #1)
  • Forever Black (Blackwood Security, #3)
  • Gold Rush (Blackwood Security #4)
  • Gray Is My Heart (Blackwood Security #5)
  • Out Of The Blue (Blackwood Security #6)
  • Ultraviolet (Blackwood Security, #7)
  • Red Alert (Blackwood Security #8)
  • White Hot (Blackwood Security #9)
  • The Scarlet Affair (Blackwood Security, #10)
  • Quicksilver (Blackwood Security #11)