Start by marking “Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5)

Stars Above

(The Lunar Chronicles 0.5, 0.6, 3.1, 4.5)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  46,010 ratings  ·  6,725 reviews
The enchantment continues....

The universe of the Lunar Chronicles holds stories—and secrets—that are wondrous, vicious, and romantic. How did Cinder first arrive in New Beijing? How did the brooding soldier, Wolf, transform from young man to killer? When did Princess Winter and the palace guard, Jacin, realize their destinies?

With six stories—two of which have never before
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 10 pages
Published February 2nd 2016 by Macmillan Audio (first published February 4th 2014)

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I liked this quite a bit! There were a few stories that I felt were just filler & I didn't really care for, but it was fun seeing some familiar faces throughout it. IKO4EVER.
Miranda Reads
I desperately need a sequel to this prequel

Every one of them was just fabulous - seriously!

While there aren't any major spoilers, you won't appreciate these short stories without finishing the series. Nearly every story is based on a key event mentioned in one of our 8 main character's backgrounds.

The keeper - This is the earliest prequel of the series - we follow Scarlet's Grandmother as she travels to Lunar as a young army piolet and meets a strange doctor. This doctor avoids using glamours
Katerina
And they lived happily ever after.

Except the girl-who-read-too-much, aka Katerina, since she cried her eyes out, sniffled, hiccupped and then cried some more.
“The first time, he had wondered why she liked books so much, and if it had anything to do with why he liked spaceships. Because they could take you somewhere far, far away.”

But mind that they were happy tears (mostly). The tears you shed when your babies that went through pain and difficulties find love, happiness, joy and friendship.
Emily May
2 1/2 stars. I was disappointed with this collection. It works as a way of giving us fangirls and fanboys something to read while waiting for Heartless, but the stories don't really add anything.

Aside from one story - The Little Android - it's almost a stretch to call these "short stories". They are all little snippets, filling in the blanks behind the main story of The Lunar Chronicles and never really taking us to new places. Of course, this book is meant for the fans and it reunites us with o
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read through audio! I have one more to go and I will have re-read - er, listened to the entire series and it's still one of my favorite series ever!

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

♥ OH STARS ABOVE! I LOVE YOU DEAR BOOK! ♥

This book is soooooooo good! I loved weaving back through the Lunar World. Some of the stories we have heard before, but they are still great.I'm not going to go into each little tale, I do want to add things from a few of them. All of the Lunar Chronicle fans should lo
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
This was really fun! I loved going into the past and of course the future for some of my favourite characters. The short story format was really fun, there were some I enjoyed more than others but as an average they were 4/5 stars!
Darth J
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series

Both have great covers, but maybe not every new YA book needs to have a crown on it?

I found Stars Above lacking, to be honest. The one story I was looking forward to (The Little Android) was so lame. I mean, it was nothing like The Little Mermaid at all, and there was no Ursula character to keep it interesting.

The rest of the stories don't really flesh things out or add much backstory that couldn't have been inferred while reading the other books. While it's great to have them all in one hard
Natalie Monroe
"The room was full of white crepe paper and tulle, unburned candles and glass lanterns, streamers and small silk bags overflowing with sugared almonds.

Iko gasped and trailed a finger over an enormous tulle bow. "Is this all for the wedding?"

Ah, the wedding. Admit it, nine and three quarters of you bought Stars Above just to see who's getting hitched.

I enjoyed it less than I thought it would, but it has nothing to do with the characters chosen. (view spoiler)
Nat
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Update: I accidentally deleted my original review, so I had to upload it again.

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

I had to take a few hours off from my life after I finished this book so I could recover enough to review it.
When I read Winter back in November I had prepared myself to say goodbye to the wonderful characters in this book. The closer I got to that dreadful last page the longer I tried to make it last- I realized that I was not ready to say goodbye and was immensely grateful when I fou
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
AWWWWWW I CAN'T EVEN. CAN THIS SERIES JUST CONTINUE UNTIL THE END OF TIME PLZ?

The Keeper - 4 stars
Something Old, Something New -5

Around the Year in 52 Books Challenge Notes:
- 24. A 'between the numbers' book
Andreea Pop
This book made me tremendously happy. Especially the last novella - perfection.

CAN WE JUST NOT SAY GOODBYE TO THESE CHARACTERS EVER EVER EVER?? *sobs*

Maureen
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I AM CRY SO CRY I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS.
I could easily give this a 5 stars based on the last novella alone but the majority were 3 or 4 stars so I gotta give the overall collection a 4 star, BUT THAT LAST NOVELLA OH MY HEART.
My favorites of this collection were The Princess and The Guard, The Little Android, and Something Old, Something New (OBVIOUSLY)
It was really fun visiting these characters again and also getting some back story on all of them! Overall fantastic read.
Errin
Long overdue but finally finished with the help of the audiobook! My favorites were Carswell's Guide To Being Lucky, After Sunshine Passes By, The Mechanic, and of course, Something Old, Something New!

BEFORE READING
"Stars Above was originally going to include two original stories, and four that had been published elsewhere — but Meyer went above (get it?) and beyond, writing five brand-new stories, including a prequel and epilogue to Winter."

WE ARE SO BLESSED
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Rereading because a certain someone is making me feel all the feels!

6 Stars!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

《《"And they all lived happily ever after"》》

The Epilogue.★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"... I think she was a little concerned that i never made very many friends. And now look. I have so many friends, i need a cargo ship to keep you all in." <-- AWWW!

It was everything and more!! It was the closure i didn't know i needed! I still find myself randomly hugging this book, or just reading the bits of it when I'm bored. I'
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
4 Stars

(It actually averaged out to like 3.2 but I loved some of these so much I’m rounding up)

The Keeper

4/5

This story focuses on Michelle Benoit and her role in saving Princess Selene; all things referenced in the original series. However, I really enjoyed seeing how it all played out, and young Scarlet was a delight.

Glitches

2/5

Young Cinder meeting her new family (and of course, wicked stepmother) was actually really boring. We’re already aware of how awful Ardi is. We’re aware of Cinder an
Kai
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016

I guess and I dread that this is the last we will hear from the Lunar Chronicles. But I still can't keep myself from hoping for more. Apparantly there's going to be a series of graphic novels, though, featuring Iko as the main character.

It was so amazing returning to this science fiction/fantasy universe, to all my beloved characters, to their bantering and giggling and being actual cinnamon r
Mara
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfectly selected and strung together short story collection that will have any Lunar Chronicles fan emotionally drained upon finishing. Beautifully written, every single story had me euphoric from happiness and sense of adventure and wonder. Stars above, this was epic. (For people starting the series, I highly recommend reading this collection after finishing Winter.)
Cait • A Page with a View
So. Good. I NEED A SEQUEL TO THE EPILOGUE.

My blog | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram
Simona Bartolotta
"But she was already vast and bright and endless."

It would be more logical to list the ones which are not my favourites, but, however cynical and pragmatic I may be, I always like to see the glass half-full. So don't be surprised if my favourite stories list features practically all the stories but three or four.

So, favourite stories:
The Queen's Army because WOLF.
Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky because THORNE.
After Sunshine Passes By because LITTLE CRESS. I've alway found so much o
Sarah (Starry Night Reader)
It's over D: and it's very appropriate that this is my 300th book read on Goodreads!

The Keeper- 3/5 stars
Glitches- 4/5 stars
The Queen's Army- 3.5/5 stars
Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky- 4/5 stars (Thorne <3)
After Sunshine Passes By- 3/5 stars (This story felt included just because there had to be a story about Cress? It seemed short and pointless and full of information we already knew. Still heartbreaking though)
The Princess and the Guard- 3.5/5 stars
The Little Android- 4/5 stars (Probably m
rebecca ɤ
Jun 14, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A novella bind up of short stories from this world?

Renata
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este libro fue increíble, maravilloso...es que no tengo palabras. La cosa es que Crónicas Lunares es mi saga favorita y adoro a todos los personajes y la historia en sí y leer estas cosas me ha llenado el corazón. Creo que este libro es esencial si alguien leyó los cuatro libros ya que te aportan tantas cosas que acabas llorando y sonriendo al mismo tiempo.

De todos los cuentos que hay The little android fue el que me pareció que no tenía nada que ver con los demás pero el estilo de Marissa hace
emma
finishing off this reread with everyone's favorite part of any series: the mildly unnecessary bind-up of a bunch of pre-existing short stories <3
Kelly Brigid
EDIT: February 2, 2016

IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT!!! I have it pre-ordered, and it better come in today! ^.^

EDIT: December 1, 2015

Whoa, whoa, whoa! FIVE new stories!? FIVE! WHEN DID THIS CHANGE!?!

June 30, 2015.

Glitches. Loved it.

The Queen's Army. Been there, done that.

Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky. I know every word in it.

The Little Android. Fun times.

The Princess and the Guard. ...

"A never-before-released prequel to Winter, chronicling the friendship between Winter and Jacin
ambsreads
Stars Above is a collection of short stories that connect with The Lunar Chronicles. It is snippets of the past, future and retellings of scenes we already know from the series. It is a series of novella's that capture your attention and desperately make you want to re-read the series all over again.

I loved most of these novellas. I didn't like a few due to them feeling pointless or ruining my perspective on characters I loved. I felt the most unnecessary novella came from The Android and the b
Laurie –A Court of Books–
I’m finally rating and reviewing this book! I know it’s been 7 weeks since I’ve finished it, but I’ve been caught up by the A Court of Mist and Fury wave, and I drawn in one of the worst reading slump in my life. I postponed this for too long, I have to pull myself together and move forward. Starting by reviewing this.

After Two thousand eight hundred and five pages of the Lunar Chronicle I can tell that I’m fully satisfied with this series. This book answered the question I had, it fulfilled my
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
*hugs myself* PLEASE tell me Iko is going to get her own little novella someday. I need more of these characters and this world :(
Shannon (leaninglights)
What a delight. I loved all of the novellas. There were 4 from Marissa's Wattpad that were included and 5 new ones. I think my average rating is around 4.75 stars! Absolute must-read if you love The Lunar Chronicles :)
Kassidy
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
My heart... So sweet. Loved it!
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Gilded Ashes
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Aeralis (The Frost Chronicles, #5)
  • The Moth & the Flame (The Wrath & the Dawn, #0.25)
  • Little Knife (Grisha Verse, #2.6)
  • Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Fierce Reads: Kisses and Curses
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Untamed (Splintered, #3.5)
  • Stitching Snow
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
“I will accept any amount of monsters my mind wants to give me, but I will not become a monster myself.” 138 likes
“The first time, he had wondered why she liked books so much, and if it had anything to do with why he liked spaceships. Because they could take you somewhere far, far away” 122 likes