Start by marking “I Pick You (I Pick You, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Pick You (I Pick You, #1)

I Pick You (I Pick You #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  489 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
Me being responsible for an eighteen-month-old was a horrible idea. Me bei
ebook
Published February 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about I Pick You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Pick You

Christy
Feb 23, 2016 Christy rated it liked it
Shelves: love-triangle
 photo 403FE2A7-35F3-40C0-BADE-B223FEAA2AF1_zps5wzxjviq.jpg

When I read the blurb and saw the cover for I Pick You, I was excited to read it. Then I started it. After the first chapter, I was like: for real? This hero is, for lack of a better word, a douche. And the entire book is in his point of view. I was a little nervous to continue… then I started reading more and I actually started to like Brantley.

I adored him with his daughter. Any scene with Bay in it was a win for me! Give me a single dad that starts to fall in love with his daughter the more
Beverly
Feb 24, 2016 Beverly rated it liked it
I am all about books with kids, books with single dads, even better. I don’t know what it is, but seeing a man love his kids is my kryptonite. So when I saw the cover for I Pick You I couldn’t wait to read it, that’s before I even saw the blurb.

The story is told from Brantley’s point of view, he is a musician in Nashville. Brantley and I didn’t exactly hit it off when I first met him. He is self-centered and selfish. It bothered me so much that he was aware he had a kid, but wanted nothing to d
Pam
4 my little cowgirl stars

Do you believe that some people come into our lives for one sole purpose? even if that purpose is to teach us love and sorrow?

For Brantley he knew his life was about to change but he never anticipated just how much. As scared as he is, he dives right in giving the whole single dad thing a try, finally doing the "adult" thing he should have done all along. Twelve months may not seem like a long time, especially when you have to grow yourself.
There’s more than one drea
Dee Montoya
5 GLOWING STARS*****

(ARC kindly provided by Author in exchange for an honest review)

Hey, can I tell you something?

Is no secret that I was a big fan of The Twin Trio series, and when the character of Brantley was introduced in the last book I was immediately curious by the new teacher hottie that had moved into the cul de sac where Pax and Gabriella live.

Leave it to Jettie Woodruff to bring us something new and unexpected. Never a dull moment when reading one of her novels.

I Pick You was fan
MELISSA
Feb 27, 2016 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
(ARC provided by author)

photo 890641FA-EC53-41CF-BA14-A803E43BF3D9_zpshujrvb1u.jpg

Brantley Jandt is a 25 yr. old guy whose been following his dream in Nashville for the past 5 years. Music has always been a huge part of his life, and he wants to make it big in Nashville as a country music singer. His dreams of being a superstar are cut short when Kit, the mother of his child contacts him, asking him to care for their 18 month old daughter while she is in Kenya for the next year.

photo cfdd8e11-1bc5-4112-b285-03bdb2b068f8_zpsanvqsrns.jpg

Brantley has never been much of a father to his daughter Bay. He s
Fre06 Begum
Mar 01, 2016 Fre06 Begum rated it did not like it
Lorie Hess
Feb 28, 2016 Lorie Hess rated it liked it
What in the hell is it with all the cheating books. I can honestly say this was about a 2.5 star review. What saved it was his daughter Bay. I absolutely hated Bentley and that just didn't change. I thought he was a complete asshole. He did nothing but cheat on poor Rydell. Which was horrible with what went on in her past. I also hated not knowing who he was supposed to end up with. I mean you had Kit his daughters mother who he was sleeping with first. Than you had Rydell he chased her and had ...more
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Feb 25, 2016 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it really liked it
Well this book is one big clusterfuck of emotions!

Having a child really changes your life, in every way. One of the the coolest things is seeing how your partner morphs from husband to father/wife to mother. I can remember watching my husband interact with our children and falling in love with him even more. It is a wonderful experience raising children.

Brantley has a drunken one night stand with Kit which resulted in an unplanned pregnancy. He never thought he would see Kit again until she info
Jen
Feb 20, 2016 Jen rated it really liked it
When I first read the blurb of I Pick you, I was kind of eh about it. It almost sounded like a country song gone wrong. And then I started reading and I got mad. Brantley is a douchebag of epic proportions. At some points I wanted to throw my tablet in frustration at his audacity. At others, I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue reading. But I soldiered on and I’m glad I did. He ended up growing on me. I’m not 100% pro-Brantley, but I don’t want to make him a eunuch anymore.

The characters were wri
Barbara Miller
Feb 21, 2016 Barbara Miller rated it it was amazing
A different speed from Jettie's Underestimated Series. That was my favorite... until NOW.... This book, was the most Real book I have read in what seems like forever. It tackles real life. Things we have all handled. Brantley is an asshole, but, damn, if he isn't an asshole who learns and grows, much like the rest of us did. I love him for it.... and Bay... she has to be the absolute most adorable book kid I have read, to date. I fell in love with both Kit and Rydell, but I am a rooted family gi ...more
Meka♥books
The wait is over for the I Pick You cover reveal. Make sure to pre-order your copy of this spin-off story from Jettie Woodruff's Twin Trio series.

I Pick You Cover EBook

When I left Nashville, Tennessee, I knew deep in my heart I wouldn't be back. I knew I would never be heard on every country music station around the world, and I would never step foot on the Grand Ole Opry stage. Cold hard guilt and responsibilities that I didn't want forced me on a different path. Me being responsible for an eighteen-month-old was
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Mar 23, 2016 AC Book Blog (Anne Christine) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
4.25-4.5 Stars!

(This review has spoilers!!)

I received an ARC for an honest review

“Everyone always said it would be a female that finally brought me to my knees, I just didn’t think it would be a little person. God, I loved her.”

I’m a huge fan of Jettie Woodruff. I fell in love with her writing in The Twin Duo series. The truth is I requested an ARC without even knowing what this book is about because I like her writing that much and I kind of fell in love with this books cover (so damn cute!) So
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "HUSHABAY " STARS!!!

“Still finding myself, still searching for light, finding you, finding me, fighting hard for whatever is right. Is it for me, or is it for you? Still fighting for air, hmmm, mmm, hmmm, mmm.”

This book is fantastic! The storyline is unique...will give you a different ride of a rollercoaster of emotions..and feels so DAMN REAL.

In all honesty, I was really curious about this book. I mean look at the cover?hell it's perfect and to think it was a spin off of Twin Duo Series Y
ConnieMarie Need Epic Reads
Feb 25, 2016 ConnieMarie Need Epic Reads rated it it was amazing
Absolutely perfect
I promise you laughter and maybe a few tears and a visit from the twin duo. I loved Bramtley even when I wanted to kick "BJ" in his face. I get it the message rings true and the oath this book takes left me smiling.
Bay has to be one of the cutest little girls I've read
Envywho
Feb 29, 2016 Envywho rated it did not like it
It just wasn't for me.
Mara De Guzman

ARC received from Jettie Woodruff for an honest review
Review also posted on Mara's Bookshelf

*** Please proceed with understanding that I did not hate the book, it just was not it for me. ***

(view spoiler)
Cheyenne Davis
Mar 08, 2016 Cheyenne Davis rated it it was amazing
Simply wonderful... This was another great book from Jettie Woodruff. It's a story about a guy named Brantley who has some what of a Peter Pan complex. That all changes when he has to take care of his daughter from a one night stand he had a year ago with a woman named Kit. Kit is going out of the country to work on something she very passionate about and Brantley is forced to "man up" and take care of his daughter, Bay Berry. Brantley moves to FL putting his dream of a country singer aside to t ...more
Amy Davis
Feb 22, 2016 Amy Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, love-story
One of the best books I've read in a long time . Jettie never seems to disappoint me with her books however with I Pick You she has out done herself . Normally while reading a book I at least hate one character but not in this one and let me tell you why . Ill start with Brantley a guy who just isn't ready to grow up who has a baby girl named Bay Berry with a one night stand and he doesn't want to be a daddy but things change and Brantley gets Bay for a year just himself . Then we have Kit Bays ...more
~Nikki~  Blogger for Saints and Sinners Books

*~*~*~* I struggled between a 3.5 and a 4 *~*~*~*~*

It’s so hard for me to write this review… don’t get me wrong I liked the book, but I just didn’t love it like I wanted too. It brought out a lot of emotions … I mean A LOT OF EMOTIONS. I struggled with this book so many times. One minute I was team Brantley and the next minute I wanted to throat punch him. Once again, Jettie’s writing style is amazing it just wasn’t the ending I was hoping for.

This is a love triangle book. Now normally I avoi
 ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋLina's Reviews Book Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbutton_zpscmjwohw3.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

I love this author's work and I fear I will be in the minority with this book. I have a love/hate relationship with triangles and one of my latest reads was also a book with one it it.
I've had some issues with this book but the main thing was that I couldn't seem to love the characters. Some of their actions confused me and frustrated me.
Brantley seemed selfish and immature and I just couldn't connect with him despite any efforts he made to b
Rach
Feb 21, 2016 Rach rated it really liked it
3.5 stars (Several parts were 4, even 5 stars!)

----

This book will take you for a ride, that's for sure! I definitely was NOT a fan of Brantley in the beginning (and during other parts of the book, truth be told) but he grew on me. This is really a coming-of-age tale. You get to see Brantley grow up and develop relationships, you get to see him mess up (majorly and epically) and you get to see him fall in love (more than once). Those parts were perfect, but man, some of his choices were hard to s
Page
Feb 27, 2016 Page rated it it was ok
Nope. I was ok with this book until the 60% (ish) mark.

Why? Simon?

I read every last word, ignored the repetitive storyline, ignored the cheating/love triangle storyline, ignored the fact that this guy just up and walks away from whatever current situation he's trying to avoid, ignored the multiple characters that were introduced and I have no closure on their well being since their storyline disappeared. I read every word, because the Simon storyline had to count for something...wrong. Why is t
Shabby arora
Feb 22, 2016 Shabby arora rated it it was amazing
THIS is what A typical jettie genre
she writes the cutest, adorablest babies .
I fell in love with Bay Berry Jandt.
Now the story- Brantley Jandt is a sexy , singing cowboy from Nash vile, compete with boots and swagger. He is at a crossroads of his life. His past in the form of Cute adorable Bay Berry is thrust into his lap and he has to take care of her. So he arrives in Florida , to cut his locks and trim his beard and be a Catholic school teacher to a class of second graders.
Boy oh Boy !. Tha
Marie- Naughty Moms' Story Time
review logo
Visit My Website | Like Me on Facebook

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
POV: His / 1st person
Naughty Factor: 3 out of 5

line
This story touched me on a level I didn't expect. I thought I knew what I would get from Brantley Jandt's story but it had so much more. I Pick You isn't just a romance. It's a TRUE love story, and not just a love between man and woman, but love for a child.

I can't begin tell you how moved I was with this story and give it proper justice, but I'll try.

After reading Jettie Woodruff's
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Me be
Gi's Spot Reviews
Is this a competition to see how many women/times the disgusting male MC cheats on ???... Even after promising not to do it to one of them... What a piece of shit....

Self note:

(Check spoiler)

Katie Theobald
Feb 22, 2016 Katie Theobald rated it it was amazing
Meet Brantley Jandt, aspiring country music singer waiting for his big break, turned second grade catholic school teacher. He is your typical love em and leave em type. No strings no attachments. His really for a relationship just as long as it's just the overnight variety.

Along comes one sexy school teacher and an ex one night stand, with a baby in tow just to complicate his life. It's time for Brantley to finally grow up and start making a few adult decisions.

A spin off from the twin series, t
Libby Harrison
DNF at 30%

Can only take so much of an asshole hero who is immature and frequently calls the heroine a "cunt"

Jos
Feb 24, 2016 Jos rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.....Emotional, Funny and Sexy

Wow, just finished and my mind is still reeling from this roller coaster. All I can say is that I experienced every emotion possible and the fact that we have Brantley's POV throughout was brilliant and perfect. I was laughing out loud at his thoughts, ready to scream at him and he had me and my panties melting in his hands too, all at the same time, lol!!!!!!

As usual Author Jettie Woodruff, great stuff and yes, way the f*@!) out of my comfort zone! hehehe
Missy Harton
Feb 22, 2016 Missy Harton rated it it was amazing
What an AMAZING story! You will laugh and DEFINITELY cry! A love triangle that will break your heart. Chasing dreams, taking on responsibility, and learning to love make I Pick You a MUST....5 STAR read! Look for my full review upon release at Mommy's Naughty Playground
Club Jettie Goodr...: Love Traingle 6 28 Mar 20, 2016 12:14PM
I Pick You is Live 1 9 Feb 23, 2016 04:35AM
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
  • MVP (VIP, #3)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Little Moments (Second Chances, #2)
  • Scarred
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • Captive Films 2.1
  • Destructive Choices (Destructive, #2)
  • Liquid & Ash
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • Curve
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • Breaking Skin
  • Behind the Lens (Sexy, #1)
  • Hope (Choices, #3)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
Jettie Woodruff resides in Ohio, but she's not sure why. She hates winter and it's right around the corner. Time to go south. People say Jettie has her own genre, a mixture of love, sex, family, mystery, and comedy. She also has a half a dozen stories started, all waiting to be told. The one that makes it to thirty-thousand first is usually the one that gets published next.
Some of her favorite th
More about Jettie Woodruff...