Start by marking “A Lady's Vanishing Choices” as Want to Read:

A Lady's Vanishing Choices

After running away, Bethany Littleton, alone in a forest, witnesses a man burying a roll large enough to hold a corpse. She thinks she has escaped undetected, but danger follows her.

Lord Rivton is in search of a spy and must investigate Bethany’s family, his closest neighbor.

Both at cross purposes, the sparks fly, and when he rescues her, he places her in a
Published December 16th 2015 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Lady's Vanishing Choices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lady's Vanishing Choices

Start your review of A Lady's Vanishing Choices
Joan
I really struggled with this story. There seemed to be far too many plots and assorted characters all vying with one another and in the end I was just confused. Bethany was a total, spineless wimp in places - her constant crying drove me mad! And I had no idea why Royce suspected her of being a spy.

And .. whiskey?? NO. Whiskey (in England) refers to Irish whiskey. A true English gentleman would never have drunk that. He would have drunk whisky. (Scotch)
sharon sobzak
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining

An active story of romance and intrigue, although some depth is missing from the romance as the two really shared no info with each other to really know one another. A lack of honest communication and greed creates troubling situations for most of the characters.
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2017)! ...more
ANSHEL
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Inspite of a thrilling and mysterious storyline laden with romance ,this book failed tobkeep me hooked in and become my favorite. I can't quite put finger on what exactly went wrong, but something did, apparently.
That being said it was good enough to be read once . The h is damsel struck with relatives who loathe her and uses her as maid due to circumstances( and the head of the family is not even her legal guardian.Her guardian has left her in someone else's care ,to fend for herself ,with no
Becool
Dec 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Pontiki
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Good mix of adventure and romance. Royce is brilliant as a spy, and although it takes him awhile to realize Bethany is innocent and her family are awful, he does protect her from the evil Laurent and her uncle and aunt.

Bethany is sweet and smart, but has heard her family's criticisms too long to not be affected by them. I really like John and Sarah, who seem helpful and kind to Bethany.

The book was too long, could have been about 100 pages shorter, but I love that both Laurent and his spies
Book Him Danno
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely historical romance that will keep the reader's interest until the final chapter. Who is the brains behind the dastardly plot to steal the list of double agents working in France? A poor, and apparently not so bright, girl is drawn into the mix when she discovers a body being buried. She soon attracts the attention of the local Lord Lt of the county and while trying to keep his younger brother away from her falls head over heels in love with her. This is a rousing novel that will keep ...more
Deb Diem
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Lady's Vanishing Choices by Wareeze Woodson is a fabulous historical romance. Ms. Woodson has delivered a well-written book. The characters are outstanding. Bethany and Royce's story is loaded with drama, suspense, action and sizzle. This story will grab you at page one and not let you free until the end. I enjoyed reading A Lady's Vanishing Choices and look forward to reading more from Wareeze Woodson in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Kyra Carr
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent Romantic Adventure; Ignorant Editing

The story kept me until the end of the book, however the truly DUMB errors were ridiculously irritating! Men wore Breeches not britches. Man-milliner not man-miller. Ms. Woodson has talent as a writer, but really needs an editor who knows the regency period a great deal better than she does.!!! Better luck next time.
Crystal
Kathy
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bethany witnessed the digging of a grave she believes. In trying to escape a killer she almost runs her gig into Lord Riverton. Her family has done their best to convince everyone that she is bonkers. If she tells her story she could end up in an insane asylum. But now someone is trying to kill her.
Jeanne Johnston
Dec 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
The old spies for/against Bonaparte shtick, only this time, written with the help of a Colloquial Phrases of the Era reference. I'm usually annoyed when an author beats the same phrases to death through endless repetition but by golly, it's even more annoying when they try to squeeze in as many as possible.

Such a mess of unlikable people, as well. Meh.
Sandra G. Coffey
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Good Story

The only reason for giving this a three rating is because the story is good, however, the problem is this book is entirely too long. It should not have taken 22 chapters before Royce believed Bethany and then a total of 36 chapters get this story told. I definitely will not be reading another book by this author.
Ellat
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The story was decent.

But the characters were pretty stiff. I had to put it down several times, about 70% of the way through I felt like I was wading through mud but came back because I really hate to leave a book unfinished. I am glad I read the story but it is a book I will delete rather than reread.
Sandie Parrish
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A Lady's Vanishing Choices

This is a fun quick novel to read. Who is trying to kill whom, the bodies start to pile up quickly, they are fairly certain who the killer is but he couldn't have done some of the murders. Does he have an accomplish? If so who is it?
Gloria Gay
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that when you finish it you look up the other books by this writer since the book was a guarantee that the next book by her will also be a winner.

The story had great suspense and villains you love to hate, plus the plot was enthralling. What more can a reader want?
Brittany
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was recommended to me. We have Bethany who sees a body being buried and Royce is moving to the area and being the law. Royce was a huge jerk. I really didn't like him at all. Bethany was a pretty good character. I enjoyed the story it was well done.
Jodie Durham
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Twisted in insignificant words

Reading this book was almost a chore. The characters hard to follow within the twisted verbiage that at times tripped over words meaning the same thing. Once I figured out how to skim over the dwaddle it was easier to follow the story line.
Maria Contreras
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review

This is the first book I’ve read written by you and I must say it’s very very interesting, I like the mystery and romance in a book, I truly recommend this book, it’s very good
Cs
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
The storyline was enough to keep my interest, but I did find it a little choppy. If you are looking for a clean romance, then I recommend this book.
Kayla
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty typical. A lot longer than it had to be.
Joann
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful

So many twists and turns I couldn't even guess what would happen next. Characters that I really could get into and what a way to watch them grow.
Luauna Parker
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok Story

This book is OK. The characters were not fleshed out completely which made them boring. The story hold my attention because it felt like it started in the middle.
Melissa Simmons
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very fast paced spell binding story of love and intrigue.
Marjorie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good mystery romance

I enjoyed this story, I couldn't read it all because some stories make me so sad. I will go back sometime and catch up.
Marsha Vail
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and exciting book

I like the mystery the book had to offer and I also liked the heroine. The book moved at a good pace
kattie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Choices

I loved this story, I recommend everyone to read this , I look forward to reading more of her books. Kattie
Evelyn Derenzy
Excellent!

Intriguing! This story keeps the reader guessing as to what horrible thing will happen to the major characters in the next chapter.
Tanya
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Difficult to comprehend

Not a great read. There were too many characters not explained and too many strange words. I did not enjoy the book

Karen
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Enough intrigue, deflection & mistrust to keep your interest.

• A Hand for the Duke (The Ladies' Wagering Whist Society, #1)
  • Wickeds Scandal (The Wickeds #1)
  • Waltz Of The Wallflower (Delicate Hearts, #1)
  • The American Heiress (Lords of Scandal Book 2)
  • My Fair Guardian
  • The American Duke (The Stafford Sisters Book 2)
  • The Waiting Bride (The Returned Lords of Grosvenor Square, #1)
  • A Duke She Can't Refuse (The Impossible Balfours Book 1)
  • Winning Lady Jane (Ladies Of Bath, #0.5)
  • Where Hearts Meet (Jasmine Cottage Book 1)
  • Gambling on a Scoundrel
  • A Sinful Duke she can't Refuse
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • To Follow Her Heart (Girls Who Dare #4)
  • The Noble Hearts Series Box Set Books 1-3
  • The Deceptive Lady Darby (Lost Ladies of London, #2)
  • The Earl's Christmas Consultant (Wedding Trouble, #3)
  • A Night Rose for the Duke
I write and read historical romance along with other romance genre. I married my high-school sweetheart and raised 4 children. We have 8 grand grandchildren.

I admit all this tech stuff is a little over my head and leaves me frustrated enough to scream.

Singing with a group called the Silver Belles is one of my favorite past times. My husband and I enjoy fishing but other than that, I prefer the