Start by marking “It Must Be Christmas: Three Holiday Stories” as Want to Read:
It Must Be Christmas: Three Holiday Stories

It Must Be Christmas: Three Holiday Stories

(The Billionaire's Club: Texas Heartthrobs #1)

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, when love is in the cold and frosty air—and desire reaches the boiling point. . .

Hot Toy
From New York Times bestselling author Jennifer Crusie comes a hilarious, sexy story about a determined shopper who grabs the last action figure off the shelf, only to find herself plunged into the arms of a sexy secret agent. Mayhem under th
Published October 4th 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

It Must Be Christmas: Three Holiday Stories is an anthology of stories by Jennifer Crusie, Donna Alward and Mandy Baxter. These are three very different stories, ranging from hilarious and crazy to sweet to sexy that are sure to put you in the holiday mood. I received this book in exchange for an honest review from St. Martin’s Press.

Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie
It’s Christmas Eve and Trudy Maxwell is in the toy store in a last ditch effort to get her five year old nephew the Major
Julie
It Must Be Christmas: Three Holiday Stories by Jennifer Crusie, Donna Alward, and Mandy Baxter is a 2016 St. Martin’s Press publication.

This collection of holiday tales is an eclectic mix of contemporary short stories with something for nearly every taste.

The anthology starts off with ‘Hot Toy’ by Jennifer Crusie.

Despite that suggestive title, this story is cute and funny, with just a dash of emotion.
Trudy Maxwell needs a toy for her nephew. Not just any toy, of course, but the hottest toy o
Ann Lorz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, holiday
I don't know about you but I love Christmas stories. From now till the end of the year is my favorite time. I mean, who doesn't like watching kids trick-or-treat? Or how about stuffing your face with all the wonderful Thanksgiving food? Let's not forget about Christmas with all the twinkling lights and cookie baking.

Or gifts...shhhh!

I even don't mind the snow, when it happens on Christmas eve and stops on the day after Christmas. This is my fantasy I can have it snow when I want it.

Back to Chr
Toni FGMAMTC
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, romance

Hot Toy
I had the best time reading this romantic comedy novella. The laughs started almost immediately and played out like a holiday family movie. All that can go wrong does, but it also goes very right.
While last minute insanity shopping for the most popular toy of the season for her nephew, Trudy gets caught up in a battle between government agents. The dialogue is truly great. The cast is made up of an ex, cougar bait, a drunken sister and other crazies. The one goal in
Sheila Melo
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an anthology of three previously released novels/novellas all themed around Christmas.

HOT TOY by Jennifer Crusie

The story is cute and sweet. There is only the beginning of a romance since the story is so short, but it is a nice Christmas treat.  Trudy Maxwell, college librarian, is on the hunt for the hot Christmas toy for her nephew when she encounters Nolan Mitchell. Trudy had thought that Nolan was "the One" until after three dates, he didn't call her again. Now Nolan wants another c
Dana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is three short novellas that are all set around Christmas time.

The first was about a woman trying to get a toy for her nephew, while his dad was off with his girlfriend and the mom (her sister) was home getting hammered. She sees a man who she went on a date with previously and turns out he is a secret agent. The plot were far fetched, but it was ok.

The second was about a woman who meets a man and they find a baby in the manger. They obviously fall in love. I mean who wouldn't?

The th
Dawnie
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
3.75 stars.

this book is a nice mixture of three romance stories that are based during christmas time.
They are cheesy and cute and short and basically everything one can love about a typical holiday story.

I have had read "Hot Toy" by Cruise before reading this book so i already knew that i enjoyed that story, and i still found it cute and entertaining during the re-read. Its mostly very silly and very overdone but i do love that its the crazy aunt that has the problems with the gifts and i do
booksofallkinds
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whether it is a sweet and crazy story about a determined Aunt who will go to any lengths to make her nephew happy, even if it means she is embroiled in a conspiracy with a sexy agent, a heartfelt tale of a lonely Doctor who desperately wants to let go of her ordered, controlled life and take a chance on love, or a seriously sexy story of finding lust and love in the most unexpected of places, then IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS is the perfect collection for you. Each story is wonderfully unique and quirky ...more
bookaholic ge
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Crusie Hot Toy

Trudy is on a mission to find a toy soldier for her nephew and will stop at nothing to get it. After hitting up store after store she bumps into Nolan, a guy she dated that disappeared with out a word but now for some reason can't seem to stay away.

What starts as a mission to save her nephews Christmas turns into a mission to save the world and possibly find a little romance. Can Nolan convince Trudy to give him a second chance or will Trudy refuse to be fooled again? Rea
Janet
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I won a copy of This Must Be Christmas via a Goodreads giveaway. It includes three short novellas by authors Jennifer Crusie, Donna Alward, and Mandy Baxter. Two of the stories were pure romance, and the final story included some spice. All three stories were light-hearted romps that romance readers would enjoy to put them in the holiday spirit. Unfortunately, I realized that, for me, pure romance simply isn't my cup of tea.
Ann
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Three short stories that are love stories set around the Christmas holiday. Three three authors are all well know for their great characters and beautiful settings. From a secret agent, a lonely doctor and a grumpy SEAL these stories are all perfect reads for the holiday season. They are short enough to let you finish in one sitting and long enough to develop an enjoyable romance.
Katherina
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Jennifer Cruisie's story, funny and quick moving. Many Baxter's story was nice and sweet, but I couldn't get into the last story. Overall, three stars. For more romance reviews, check out my website: https://katherinasbooks.wordpress.com
Deb
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a holiday romance lover these three heart warming stories all with different styles will warm your soul from the inside out.

Read More. . . http://www.romanceswithalittlekick.co...
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Read this for the tongue-in-cheek Crusie short. Only take in the other two stories if you're actively looking for seasonal schmaltz.
Char (1RadReader59)
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot Toy
Trudy Maxwell is a woman who has been wronged by several men along the way and disappointed by even more. Most of all her father. She doesn’t let it keep her down she keeps on going. This librarian is not your simple minded manner gal. No she is bubbly and outspoken.
That is exactly why Nolan Mitchell had asked her out. But when he had taken her on a grand total of three dates she was soft spoken and quiet. Nothing like at work. Where he is a Chinese Literature Professor. So, by the thir
Hannah
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

It Must Be Christmas is three stories that range from tame to hot! Jennifer Crusie bring Hot Toy, one I had the pleasure to read last year and loved. Donna Alward introduces me to Jewell Cove and Christmas at Seashell Cottage and finally another book I enjoyed last year Mandy Baxter's Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher.

Hot Toy: Jennifer Crusie

This is a short and fun Christmas short story that at first starts off like Jingle all the Way, but quickly turns into something so much mor
Shayay
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute, fun, and sexy short stories! Perfect for the Christmas season! I really enjoyed all three stories! I'd say each story is a 4 star read, but I added a star because I love Christmas romances! It's great to have these stories together! Here's my review for each story.

Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie -

This was cute and fun, and I loved that there was humor through out the whole thing. I loved Trudy's attitude, and how determined she was to get that toy for her nephew, no matter what she had to go t
Erica
Dec 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Connie N.
Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great collection of three holiday stories:
- Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie is a hilarious story about Trudy, trying to find a very popular Christmas toy on Christmas Eve that is all sold out. She gets involved in more and more ridiculous situations involving thieves, spies, and secret agents.
- Christmas at Seashell Cottage by Donna Alward is a romantic holiday romance with sweet moments between a lonely man a
Jenn Cunha
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie - Well that was all kinds of adorable! I could relate to Trudy (toy hunting, not getting involved with whatever sort of mess she found herself in) and I really was rooting for her success. This little holiday novella had a little of everything, heart, humor, suspense. It was so wonderful and made me remember why I've always loved all of Crusie's books. Well done!

Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher by Mandy Baxter -
Maria V
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michelle
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book actually contains 3 novellas. The first by Jennifer Crusie is a little frenetic (a lot happens all in a couple of hours on Christmas Eve), the second is a feel-good holiday romance, the third did not seem to belong with the other two because it was pretty hard core with too much gratuitous use of the F-word and sex right after the two main characters meet. This dragged the book down for me.
Jill
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
This was a perfect book to read before the holidays. Each of the three stories were long enough for me to get attached to the characters and yet short enough to read within a day or two. Having a collection of holiday related stories also helped put me in a good mood and I loved that the stories had warm and fuzzy, happy endings. I'd definitely recommend this book if your looking for something light, fluffy, and quick to read!
Laura D
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I love reading Christmas stories around the holidays. This three pack did not disappoint. My favorite was Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie. The plot line about the toy every parent tries to get for Christmas reminded me of Tickle Me Elmo when my kids were young. Add in a secret agent and you have a fun holiday read.
Shannon
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
All three stories were fine. But they were also so far fetched. Which sometimes you want just a nice story, so it was not too bad. I will caution some readers though that the last story by Mandy Baxter has a lot of sex. Some might find that good, others not so much
Kerri
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Super cute holiday short story collection. I would say like a good Christmas movie but these were a bit more X rated than your average Hallmark selection.
Tammie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did not like the jennifer cruise story.
Andrea
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Three books in one, but none of them really worth raving about...
Liz
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Read the Crusie story elsewhere
Catherine
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first story, The Hot Toy; but I couldn't get into the other two.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Billionaire Cowboy (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #1)
  • Cowboys For Christmas: A Holly Hills Anthology
  • White Christmas: Woman Hater / The Humbug Man
  • A Last Chance Christmas
  • Wanton Christmas Wishes (includes: Self-Made Men, #1; 93rd Highlanders, #1; Diable Delamere, #2.5)
  • Holiday with a Twist
  • At the Christmas Wedding
  • The Mistletoe Effect (One and Only Texas, #0.5)
  • A Season of You (Cloud Bay, #2)
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • A Wedding for Christmas (Twilight, Texas #7)
  • On the Naughty List
  • A Cowboy's Christmas Promise (Whisper Creek, #2)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • A Cold Creek Christmas Surprise (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #12)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • An Impractical Match (Match, #2)
Jenny Crusie is the NYT bestselling author of twenty some novels and lots of other stuff. Her latest novel, Maybe This Time, hit shelves in August, 2010.

Jenny lives on the Ohio River where she often stares at the ceiling and counts her blessings.

The Billionaire's Club: Texas Heartthrobs (3 books)
  • Christmas With the Billionaire Rancher: A Billionaire's Club Story