Start by marking “How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

(Aurora Skye #1)

Sweet sixteen and never been kissed . . .

That’s Aurora Skye’s big secret. And the way she wants it to stay. She’s not going to give away her first kiss to just anyone. Busy dodging suitors and matchmaking for her best friends, Aurora (not so) patiently awaits her prince.

But everything changes when Aurora is coerced into a lead role in the school production of Much Ado abou
Published October 25th 2016 by A Thomas Dunne Book for St. Martin's Griffin (first published February 1st 2013)

C.G. Drews
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aw, that was dang adorable.

These kind of soppy romances aren't usually my first pick, but I want to read more Australian books! So this hit the list. And I'm really glad I sneaked out of comfort-zone and tried it. It was adorable, very sweet, and partly predictable. A chick-flick on paper. SO different from my normal blood-and-guts-shooting-epic stories. Gosh, I'm getting soft in my old age.

It's definitely a low-key romance. It's about kissing, not sex, which was surprising and totally refre
Reina Tan
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
⚠ subjective opinion || 3.5 ⭐
° ° °

Fluffy, funny, and romantic read for summer anyone? 🙈

'How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You' is a story about Aurora Skye who's saving her first kiss from someone she believe her life with. Just like true love. She is a popular girl in her school, but never been kissed.

I found this book from instagram's explore—@threebooknerds—and then I was curious about it. I stalked Goodreads for blurb and some reviews, and finally this book is in my wishlist.

But now, it become
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
The title for How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You is exactly what the book entails.

Sweet sixteen and never been kissed . . .

The story follows Aurora Skye who has never been kissed and she likes it to stay that way until she finds the rightful Prince. She’s been dodging the attempts of her various suitors. Suddenly, she was cast as Beatrice in the school play’s production of Much Ado about Nothing. She’s set to play Beatrice while her number one nemesis Hayden Paris will play her love interest.

T
Giselle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahh this was just too adorable for words. Funny, witty and full of sweet moments, I rather enjoyed reading this quick read. If you're looking for a cute fast contemporary romance than this one is for you. I'm glad there's another book too!
Stacee
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was ok

First off, I loved the premise of this book. I love MAAN and was thrilled to see it was a focal part of the plot.

My main hang up with this story is Aurora. She's so dramatic and so nosy and I think a bit too focused on finding "a Prince" at 16. I mean, her entire existence revolves around not being kissed until she's meets a guy who lives up to a list of qualities. Sure, a girl doesn't have to go kissing everyone and anyone, but it sounded more like she was looking for a husband.

I lik
Amanda
How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You by Tara Eglinton is set in the fictional suburb of Jefferson which I’m sure is based on Sydney. Aurora Skye lives with her father, who is now into yoga, Buddhism, and minimalism, as well as her two cats, Snookums and Bebe. She has four close friends: Cassie, Jelena, Lindsay, and Sara to whom she is always offering helpful advice, especially when it comes to love and boys. Most of Aurora’s time is spent bemoaning her neighbour, Hayden Paris, who is always around ...more
Eugenia (Genie In A Book)
I received this book through the First Reads program and am giving an honest review

.......................................................................

My reaction when I first opened the book and found it was SIGNED!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, moving on to the review:

What a light, cute and sweet book
I LOVED IT

With a glowing and witty writing style, Tara Eglington has definitely given us a story that is great to read on a late afternoon,and is sure to make you smile.

The story follows the life of Aurora Skye
nick
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

No lie, I picked How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You because it’s from an Aussie author. Seriously, what are they drinking down there? Because I have yet to read a book from an Aussie author that I disliked. How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You was no exception. It was delightful, funny and had me squealing in happiness, exactly what I expected with a fun title like that. Aurora was a great heroine to follow and her character arc throughout the book was terrific. She was smart, super loyal to her f
Danielle Morgan
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by St. Martin's in exchange for an honest review*
This was my first read by Tara and I am proud to admit that it most certainty won't be my last! I am obsessed with her writing now. Also, I didn't know that this book was part of a series until I sat down to write this so now I can't be any more excited to read more!
This book follows Aurora who is a 16 year old aspiring author. That last fact alone had me forming a connection to her right off the bat. She's a complete romantic at hea
Trisha
Oh this was fun. It seems to be light and flirty but there is a lot going on deeper as well. There is so much going on plot wise, so the pace is frantic and full-on, rather than slow and quiet

The narrator Aurora Skye is a typical 16 yr old. Well, maybe not that typical - she has a flair for the dramatic, and is intent on ensuring her four best friends find their true loves. She also harbours secret wishes for herself too, of course.

The plot centres around the school production of 'Much Ado about
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
2.5 Stars

I had really high hopes for How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You, which is probably why it was such a let-down. This is a book about acting, which I always seem to enjoy. Even so, I found the main character to be really whiny and annoying, and the plot was too predictable to be enjoyable.

How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You is an acting book and what I would consider a Shakespeare retelling. The characters in the book perform a 50s version of Much Ado About Nothing, which I found to be an i
Kelli Spear
This started off with a bang. I was thoroughly enjoying it, and had even begun comparing it to one of my favorite contemporary reads this year: The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You.

But then I kept reading and it began to get repetitive. I was tired of Aurora's stupid first kiss rule. The mini side dramas of her friends. Her blindness about Hayden. It was dragged out far too long.

I loved the play scenes, but again, some aspects were too drawn out. The comedic moments began to lose their humor. A
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Review originally from Heart Full of Books

From the title I thought this was going to be a little silly, but it sounded like the Australian version of Kisses For Lula by Samantha Mackintosh – one of my favourite duologies! And I’ve come to the conclusion that I would’ve probably liked this a lot more when I was 14 and was oblivious to things like the Bechdel Test.

Aurora Skye is 16 and never been kissed (the same predicament Lula was in) except it’s completely by choice. Aurora is saving up her fi
Kristin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

You ever look for something so hard, say for instance your eye glasses, and you look...  and you look... and you look, only to suddenly find them shoved up on your head?   A lot of times, that's what love is like.  You miss the obvious places where love is hiding.  Aurora Skye finds that out the hard way in How to Keep a Boy From Kissing You.

It's no coincidence that Aurora has a princess name, let alone Sleeping Beauty's name.  When it comes to her own life, she's been walking around with blind
Jordan
LOVED It. When I saw it lonesomely sitting on the shelf I was like Come here you! and thank god I did because this book was as hilarious (it had me laughing on the second pg ppl - gd sign!!) as it was romantic.
Cate Biblio
3.5/5
When I first started this book, I wanted to DNF it. The characters felt so juvenile that I just didn’t want to waste my time. To me, it was also complete cringe. The second chapter is called “The Glide-By” where the girls glide by a group of guys and pretty much make them aware of their presence. It was just stupid.

'“HS.” Jelena’s voice was loud and clear. We had a hottie spotting.'

I’m not sure what exactly compelled me to continue reading this book, but I did.

The plot was really basic and
Laurence R.
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute story! I finished it pretty quickly - it was hard to put it down.
Eri
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it

An adorable book wrapped up in a cute and charming package, How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You is a delight to read. While at its core this book stays true to the spirit of the romcom nature, it adds some surprising wit for me not to feel bored.

Aurora, the protagonist, has a common dream of her perfect Prince, the one whom she's saving a first kiss for. While if this fact made her passive, I would have been thoroughly annoyed, she's a very active character, searching for her Prince wi
Kay
There are all sorts of books out there that talk about the struggle of getting a boy to kiss you. But if you want something fresh, this is the rare one that talk about how to keep a boy from kissing you!

Aurora Skye is staring her junior year of high school as part of her grade's popular girl clique, and despite the numerous dates she's been on, has never been kissed. That's because she's saving her first for her Prince, for that perfect special someone, instead of just any regular high school bo
Tati
I'd like to thank NetGalley and St Martin's Press for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

This had everything to be a super sweet, cute read. Instead, I got a bunch of nearly-hysterical (and sometimes full-blown hysterical) teenagers. Aurora is a pretty over-reactive character, who blows nearly everything out of proportion. In fact, all of the female characters were like this (Including the dance teacher, who should know better, though she is subtler than the teenage g
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! The publisher sent me a copy for review as well as for the book's pre-release blog tour.
Diversity Rating: 0 – What Diversity?
Racial-Ethnic:
QUILTBAG: 0
Disability: 0
Intersectionality: 0

I got bullied in school. Badly. If you were too, you might have heard the line that “maybe they’re bullying you because they like you!” I can even recall one specific person from high school everyone suggested was bullying me due to a possible crush on me. My response has a
Sakina
This was such a cute read! Perfect for the summer!
Rê
description

3.5 “Kissing and Yelling” STARS

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, St. Martin's Griffin

Aurora Sky has one of those voices that will have people loving or hating her from the first chapter—that’s how strong it is. She’s got that “I’m talking to you” vibe and she comes alive early on, which means you can’t simply ignore her.

Aurora’s story starts with her trying to get away from a date without kissing the guy in the end. She’s been saving her first kiss for the perfect guy, her still-unknown prince, and th
Chelsea Barker
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Recommended to Chelsea by: Store
Tara Eglington

Tara Eglington

I first came across this book while browsing for a humorous book to read for a school English task assigned to me. The title caught my eye so I bought the book. From the minute I read the first page I was hooked. The witty banter between Aurora and Hayden was very comedic, the plot line was very interesting and not to mention the enticement of the characters. This book never had a dull moment!! While
Kate Lynne
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
actual rating: 4.9

THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!!! a bit cringe at times so that’s why i took out 0.25 but oVERALL IT WAS ADORABLE AND CUTE AND EVERYTHING I NEEDED IN LIFE.

--------
full review:

Plot
This book basically follows the main character of Aurora Skye who hasn't been kissed yet and wants to keep it that way. She's waiting for the right person to have her first kiss with. However, she finds herself as the lead actress of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing and she finds out she has to kiss her swor
Eileen (BookCatPin)
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I jumped at the chance to read How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You because the hate to love relationship sounded right up my alley. I was right. The characters were hilarious and the story was quick and easy.

Full of laugh-out-loud moments and normal teenage angsts, it was entertaining watching all the drama unfold. They were a bit cliché but this is high school we're talking about after all. Ms. Eglington had no problem getting the characters' voices right. I could tell these kids were young and
Erica
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC Disclaimer: I received this book free (I won from a giveaway) from the publisher with NO obligation to give a review; it was optional.
However, I’d like to share my thoughts on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I absolutely enjoyed reading How to keep a boy from Kissing You by Tara Eglington.
This book is so freaking adorable it got me hooked with the title itself
“How do you keep a Boy from Kissing You?”

It centers on Aurora Skye and Hayden Paris whom are archenemies … at least one t
Angie
After reading the entire book in one day (minus the first 36 pages which I had read months ago) I can honestly say that this is an awesome book with awesome characters and a great plot.
I actually cried reading the last 100 pages. That's how good it is. Totally recommend!

What I felt represented the book in some way:
These two cool actors performance of Much Ado About Nothing

• The Zigzag Effect
  • All This Could End
  • Steal My Sunshine
  • The Mimosa Tree
  • Wildlife (Six Impossible Things/Wildlife #2)
  • Hate is Such a Strong Word
  • Pan's Whisper
  • Inbetween Days
  • The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • Always Mackenzie (Girlfriend Fiction, #4)
  • She's with the Band
  • The Reluctant Hallelujah
  • Cracked
  • Here's the Thing
  • Cry Blue Murder
  • Currawong Creek (The Wild Australia Stories #2)
Tara Eglington grew up in Byron Bay, Australia, and now lives in Sydney.
Tara is the author of four Young Adult novels: How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You, How to Convince a Boy to Kiss You (titled Kissing Games in the USA), My Best Friend is a Goddess and The Long Distance Playlist. Her books have been published in Australia, New Zealand, and the USA.
Tara’s third YA novel My Best Friend is a Godd

Aurora Skye (2 books)
  • How to Convince a Boy to Kiss You (Aurora Skye #2)
“Guys always wonder why girls go to the bathroom in groups. The truth is, all the interesting stuff happens there. It's where you discuss what's going on outside the bathroom, help others out by lending them some blush or listening to their horror stories, and prepare yourself to go back into battle. You never know what you might find out in a bathroom” 1 likes
“Why did they call it love? It was torment. It was a thousand flaming arrows striking you in the chest.” 1 likes