Start by marking “Seriously Shifted (Seriously Wicked, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seriously Shifted (Seriously Wicked, #2)

Seriously Shifted

(Seriously Wicked #2)

Teenage witch Cam isnt crazy about the idea of learning magic. Shed rather be no witch than a bad one. But when a trio of her mothers wicked witch friends decide to wreak havoc in her high school, Cam has no choice but to try to stop them.

Esmerelda is the mean girl of the witches. Valda likes to drop anvils on peoples heads. And Malkinwell, Malkin is just plain terrifying.
Published November 1st 2016 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Seriously Shifted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seriously Shifted

Start your review of Seriously Shifted (Seriously Wicked, #2)
Lola
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: witches
3.5 stars.

This series is fantastic for kids. Admittedly, the main character is a teen, but it feels more like a middle grade novel than a young adult one. I dare say that also because the content is definitely not explicit or shocking.

Thats actually why I havent rated it higher. There is apparent dept to this storyI find great the idea of a good witch living with a wicked onebut the way its written gives the impression that kids are the best audience.

SERIOUSLY SHIFTED is the sequel to SERIOUSLY
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Connolly has come up with a very fun, very quirky take on witches in her newest series Seriously Wicked and unlike most sequels, this one can be read as a stand alone so no worries if you haven't read book one, you can jump right into this without feeling lost at all. Although truth be told, I do recommend reading book one simply because it is too cute to pass up.

A seriously fun read geared towards to younger YA crowd but still perfectly suitable for all people who want a fast, fun, entertaining
Melliane
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I had a nice moment with the first volume, which was light and pleasant. Also, I was curious to discover this sequel and Cams adventures. It must be said that she begins to understand that she can no longer avoid confronting her witch side, especially when some old friends to her mother arrive in town. Yes, because they decide to play a game by taking the students of Cams school as pieces for the play, putting them in difficult situations But our heroine is
Eileen (BookCatPin)
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I read Seriously Wicked last year and had a really fun time so I looked forward to reading this sequel. Seriously Shifted was equally delightful though I think I the first book made me laugh a bit more.

Seriously Shifted picks up a few weeks after the events of Seriously Wicked. More witchery breezes into town in the form of three old friends of Cam's mother. As they bring back a favourite game from their past, Cam pits herself against the evil witches to save her friends from misery;
BookWormYami
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I really enjoyed this second book. I feel bad for Cam because so many things be happening to her and her friends. Just doesn't have a moment to rest. I can't wait to see what adventure awaits her in the third book!
Shannon Fay
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

I enjoyed this book.

It was a cute, easy, fun read, but there's something about it that makes me feel kind of "meh." I think the slight "meh" feeling I have stems from the fact that the book was somewhat juvenile and simplistic. That's not necessarily a bad thing at all. And I also realize that I'm not the target audience for this book. That said if I was the target audience I think I would have enjoyed it more.
My preferences aside, it's still a good book and I still did
Anya
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super cute once again! I love how non-hetero sexuality is strongly embraced as a backdrop to witches and shape shifters. More fun spells in the form of riddles, more solid friendships and blossoming young love.
Melissa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had not read the first book in this series and I had a feeling I would be okay skipping it. I was so you should have no problems if you haven't read the first book (although I know it's gotten good reviews). I did read her Ironskin series and enjoyed them so that was another reason I took a chance on this book, plus I was in the mood for something light.

The book as a whole is YA but it reads quite young. I would think that mature MG kids could read this one with no problems. While the themes
John Loyd
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For years Cam had been under the impression that she was taken from her real parents to be raised by a wicked witch. At Halloween, read Seriously Wicked, she learned that Sarmine is her real mother, she has witch blood, she saved Devon from being controlled by a demon for life, and the Phoenix didn't burn down the school when it rose. Cam has accepted that she is a witch, but she is going to be a good ethical witch.

Sarmine is visited by three college chums. These witches formed the do-badders
Alexis
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Cam knows that now since her "mother's" friends are in town she definitely won't be able to avoid the witchyness, especially since they are now at her school. Cam in this book, is being challenged in her witchery skills and has to make crucial decisions in order to solve problems and even learn more about herself, such as, how far she can go with spells. This is an everyday relatable thing which I enjoyed because 24/7, I have to have a schedule of when to do homework, when I can ...more
Jude-marie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seriously Shifted is seriously adorable. A high school student has just come to terms that her mother is a witch, she's a witch as well, and her life is not exactly standard. After exciting events in Seriously Wicked (the first of the series) Camellia gets involved in a bet with a cabal of witches who want to bring misery to her high school friends. She must find a way to ethically prevent harm to her friends! The thought and care that went into drawing this sorta average high schooler who works ...more
Blue
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hmmm okay. This was like ordering chocolate ice cream, taking the first bite and realise it is rum and raisin flavour. Nobody likes rum and raisin.
I was really hyped for this series and had all of the books in my basket waiting for a great pay day to buy them but now they have been removed.
The writing is great dont get me wrong but the overall story, characters and dialogue was disappointing. It was really lame. Like it was aiming for something great but it just didnt really achieve anything.
Alex
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The premise of this one is a lot more complicated than Seriously Wicked, so it is a very worthy sequel. This grows the world and does not suffer from some of the typical sequel pitfalls. Many of the conflicts arise not just from the general activities of the plot, but also the ethical dilemmas of humane spellcasting and consent.
Isabelle
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is good it is about a witch girl named Cam and she has to stop four witches from destroying her friends. But that's going to be hard because they are way stronger then her and she needs help from friends.
Mitchell
Cute but lame. Which is par for the course for a witch in high school series. And in the end it dragged just a bit. The cast has possibilities but the series is pitched too low and simple for me. And it's played for laughs which for me is not a positive.
Kate
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great follow-up to Seriously Wicked with Connolly's sharp dialogue, incisive wit, and wacky scenarios. Can't wait to see what happens in book 3!
Kat
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This was another cute, light, silly, easy read. Its full of fun, teenage witchy fun. ...more
nathaniel
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is about the YAy-ist YA book I've read. That would turn off a lot of my friends, but I find this series to be a fun and nice read.
Holly
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and entertaining.
Mieneke
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2016
Seriously Shifted is the second book in Tina Connollys Seriously Wicked series but it is actually the one I read first. And it was such a fabulous read that immediately took to the internet and ordered the first book, because I had to know how Camt story started. However, it is important to note that Seriously Shifted stands on its own very well. I never felt lost or like Id missed some vital information. As such, if you havent read Seriously Wicked yet, you shouldnt hesitate to start with ...more
Kim
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love the premise of this series! In the world of Seriously Shifted, witches are not good. Not all of them are evil, but there is a defined since of superiority that allows them to live by rules of their own. But Camellia is determined to change that. Her mother is on the borderline between good and bad, mostly bad, but Cam wants more than that for herself. And she is learning that there s a fine line sometimes between good and evil. And that is the underlying message of the novel.

The
Vanessa
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy
Not long ago Cam rescued potential-boyfriend Devon from being possessed by a demon, saved the town from a phoenix resurrected by her witch mother Sarmine, and was still able to pass Algebra. Such is the life of a teenage witch.

It seems that trouble continues to find her, because now her moms old college buddies have descended on the hapless town and decided to make a bet that involves making Cams friends miserableher job is to thwart them.

SERIOUSLY SHIFTED is book two after Tina Connollys first
Lindsay
Teenage witch Cam isn't crazy about the idea of learning magic. She'd rather be no witch than a bad one. But when a trio of her mother's wicked witch friends decide to wreak havoc in her high school, Cam has no choice but to try to stop them. Now Cam's learning invisibility spells, dodging exploding cars, and pondering the ethics of love potions. All while trying to keep her grades up and go on a first date with her crush. If the witches don't get him first, that is. Can't a good witch ever ...more
Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received a review copy from the publisher in exchange for a honest review.

3 1/2 Stars.

I had the pleasure of reading Connollys YA series, Seriously Wicked, last year and enjoyed it. I thought it was a fun and cute read. It reminded me a lot of Sabrina the Teenage Witcha show I loved as a kid. Seriously Shifted, the second book in the series was just as fun as the first book! In the last book our protagonist Cam stopped The Witched Witch from wrecking havoc on her school and taking
K. Lincoln
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in Connolly's middle-grade/YA series about a teenager "rebelling" against her wicked witch mother. Seriously Wicked is the first one, and it's punny, girl-centric, and the wackiest hijinks ensue. I totally recommend reading it before you get this one, but you could. You'd just miss out on some of the jokes, and the slow build up of Cam's self-confidence as a person and a witch and figuring out right from wrong.

This book rises above the rest not only because of the sly sense of
Cynthia
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is rare to find a second book in a series that can stand perfectly well on its own. Seriously Shifted is one of those books. Knowledge of the events in the first book make Seriously Shifted richer, but it can be understood and enjoyed as a stand-alone. (But why would you want to deprive yourself of Seriously Wicked? Go! Read it now!). Bright, light, seriously funny. Officially aimed at Young Adult/Teen but absolutely enjoyable by adults tired of all the grim, dark, apocalyptic stories out ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a nice quick read just like the previous book in the series. You have a witch named Cam and like most high schoolers she's just trying to survive. However, her mom's bad witch friends decide to play a game that involves ruining people's lives. So Cam has to spend her time trying to figure out who they are after. I really love her friend Jenah. No matter how bad it got for her she wouldn't let no one keep her down. I thought that was awesome. Rumors are that there is supposed to be ...more
Sara Monk
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Witches, spells, flying bikes, crushes and friendship... What more can you ask for? This book takes place in Cam's highschool over the course of a week. It is a fantastic standalone book. I haven't had the chance to read the first book in the series. This book is fast paced and an easy read. It would fit well in the young adult category. Overall, I thought this was a good book.

Note: I received this book from Goodreads giveaway. This is my true and honest review of the book.
Read InAGarden
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
The second book in the Seriously Wicked series finds Cam dealing with attempting to outsmart a group of witches. The witches are determined to make Cam's friends miserable by using evil spells. But Cam is equally determined to keep her friends from harm by using spells that don't harm anyone. This is a fun read and, unlike most sequels, can be read without reading the first book in the series.

• For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1)
  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)
  • These Shallow Graves
  • Stepsister
  • The Secret Chapter (The Invisible Library #6)
  • Diamond & Dawn (Amber & Dusk, #2)
  • Amber & Dusk (Amber & Dusk, #1)
  • The Beautiful Ones
  • Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation Vol. 1
  • The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box, #1)
  • The Hunt for the Seventh
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • A Chocolate-Box Christmas (Chocolate-Box #1)
  • Christmas Comes to Cedar Cove: A Cedar Cove Christmas\1225 Christmas Tree Lane
Tina Connolly's books include the Ironskin trilogy (Tor), the Seriously Wicked series (Tor Teen), and the collection On the Eyeball Floor (Fairwood Press). She has been a finalist for the Hugo, Nebula, Norton, and World Fantasy awards. She co-hosts Escape Pod, runs the flash fiction podcast Toasted Cake, and is at tinaconnolly.com.

Seriously Wicked (4 books)
  • Seriously Wicked (Seriously Wicked, #1)
  • Seriously Hexed (Seriously Wicked, #3)
  • That Seriously Obnoxious Time I Was Stuck at Witch Rimelda's One Hundredth Birthday Party

News & Interviews