Start by marking “Reports on the Internet Apocalypse: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Reports on the Internet Apocalypse: A Novel

Reports on the Internet Apocalypse: A Novel

(Internet Apocalypse #3)

In Reports on the Internet Apocalypse, the third and final installment of the Internet Apocalypse Trilogy, Gladstone, the would-be Internet Messiah, finds himself in exile from America, falsely accused of terrorism and murder. Meanwhile, a government Special Agent is hot on his trail and has joined forces with a first-time Hollywood producer who is bent on optioning ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Reports on the Internet Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reports on the Internet Apocalypse

Start your review of Reports on the Internet Apocalypse: A Novel
Liz
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With the Internet Apocalypse series, Wayne Gladstone has consistently reflected a deep understanding of contemporary American zeitgeist in a way that nobody else has, and this conclusion does so even more.

I've described Book 1 of this series as cleverly muffled and internalised, and Book 2 as much louder and clearer, like having cotton wool taken out of your ears. Reports on the Internet Apocalypse takes that clarity and broadens it - this is a much bigger and more important story than I would
Chris Brown
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story of the Internet Apocalypse has grown and evolved to a satisfying conclusion. Gladstone has been focused by the events of the previous two novels and given a target to set his sights on.
Mrs BB Johnson
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome ending to the trilogy!!

I just flew through these all in one day. They're wonderful, and im going to go see what else Gladstone has written and buy it all, because an epic author like this deserves my money!!
Maura
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in the "Internet Apocalypse" trilogy. The first two books were narrated by our eponymous protagonist, Gladstone, and followed his search for the internet which has mysteriously gone away. Reports on the Internet Apocalypse starts with a new narrator, former special agent Rowsdower. While the internet is still mostly gone, Rowsdower is searching for something else-- Gladstone himself, who has disappeared. In this international noir novel, Rowsdower joins up with a ...more
Erik M
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion

He really stuck the landing in this closing installment. After some soft final acts in the previous two books, he had a far better focus and handle on the story he was trying to tell here. Overall, the internet apocalypse Trilogy can easily be recommended. Perhaps now more than ever.
Sebastian H
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cracked-writers
"(...) everything must be tied to the right words before it can be released. And when that happens we sit and stare at it outside of ourselves. We categorize it and put it on a brightly lit shelf, where it can never surprise or control us again."

It's been almost three years since I've read Notes from the Internet Apocalypse. And I still would buy one of those battered-appearance editions of it that this one mentions being sold at chains like Starbucks in a heartbeat. It was a glorious, messy,
Naomi
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easily the best of a very good trilogy. Smart, funny writing propels a narrative that is action driven and yet never loses sight of its humanity. Highly recommended.
Michelle Mullens
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last part of a trilogy. Very thought provoking & fast moving, especially for our last days of Obama & the onset of Trump.
Niret
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I immensely enjoyed the happiness in this book. The resilience of the human spirit, and the triumph over adversity. It is real and possible and gives me hope.

It is a very fitting ending to Gladstone's journey. I love books where there is hope in the ending.

I also enjoyed the portrayal of pain during times when things are going well. It is part of life and can be overcome with tenacity, love, hope and friends.

The trilogy is very well written, the literary devices are used well, the
Eric
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reports is a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the Internet Apocalypse trilogy. Spoilers ahead: Having Rowsdower's first person account of the action gave urgency and life to his quest to help Gladstone and made his death poignant. Gladstone's completed arc is touching. I enjoyed the whole trilogy and would highly recommend. I'm anxious to see more from Gladstone. The author and character both.
Drew K
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good ending to the trilogy. It wasn't quite as good as the first two, but I enjoyed reading it and I do like the way everything wrapped up. I look forward to more from the author, but hope it's in a new setting with new characters. Maybe a book following Agent Rosdower's next case might be worthwhile, but the other characters have been played out. Played out well, mind you, but played out.
Steve Rabideau
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly I wish these 3 books were longer...but I think their brevity aided in my enjoyment. These books were short and fun. If you know anything about internet culture, and are also fascinated with some current events of a political nature, check out this series. I don't want to spoil anything, but these books were a fun quick read.
Heather
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With a name like Rowsdower, how could he not become a much bigger part in this trilogy? By the way, fantastic reference Mister Gladstone, the first time I read that name I damn near did a spit take.

The third and final installment of Gladstones story takes a vastly different approach to telling it. He's not even in a good sized chunk of the book. Most of the main cast isn't actually, we pick up with (Former) Special Agent Rowsdower conducting his own investigation and looking for Gladstone who
Joe Jones
This was very hard to rate. For some reason when I picked it up I didn't realize that it was the final book in a trilogy. It was obvious I was not getting everything out of the story I should have since I had not read the previous books but I still did enjoy it. I gave it 3 stars because of Goodreads system that means I liked it which I did. I would think people who have read the previous books will probably rate it higher.
Melanie
Sep 22, 2017
Richard Harris
Nov 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Golden City (Fourth Realm, #3)
  • Disenchanted (Land of Dis, #1)
  • Summer Frost
  • The Last Conversation (Forward collection)
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • Ark
  • The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1)
  • The Lost Child of Lychford (Lychford, #2)
  • Descender, Vol. 4: Orbital Mechanics
  • Randomize
  • Emergency Skin
  • Replay
  • The Fall of the Governor: Part Two (The Walking Dead #4)
  • Shopgirl
  • Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done
  • Velocity
  • Kill All Angels (The Vicious Circuit #3)
  • Dandelion Wine

Internet Apocalypse (3 books)
  • Notes from the Internet Apocalypse