Start by marking “Incredible Stories From Space: A Behind the Scenes Look at the Missions Changing Our View of the Cosmos.” as Want to Read:

In "Incredible Stories from Space," veteran space journalist Nancy Atkinson shares compelling insights from over 35 NASA scientists and engineers, taking readers behind the scenes of the unmanned missions that are transforming our understanding of the solar system and beyond. Weaving together one-on-one interviews along with the extraordinary sagas of the spacecraft themse ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published December 20th 2016 by Page Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Incredible Stories From Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incredible Stories From Space

Start your review of Incredible Stories From Space: A Behind the Scenes Look at the Missions Changing Our View of the Cosmos.
Elizabeth
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the only book I have ever finished and then, immediately restarted. It’s absolutely mind-blowing in the most enchanting, digestible way. Jam packed with incredible information that brings it from the large and grand, to the granular and awe-inspiring. I can’t speak long enough or well enough about this incredible work - please, please, PLEASE give it a read!!
Patrick Schwisow
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of serious science in here, but the author does a great job of telling the stories of the people who worked on these (mostly unmanned) missions. This makes the hard-core science much more approachable. Very well written.

DISCLAIMER: I received my copy free from the publisher as part of a Goodreads Giveaway.
Cynthia Turner
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I learned so much from reading this book. The beautiful color pictures left me in awe of our huge universe. We have so much more to learn and many more space missions/explorations yet to come. We have just uncovered the tip of the iceberg, when it come to knowledge of space/universe and everything that is out there. The author really knows her stuff. Great amazing book, and my children enjoyed it too.
Chris March
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, science
Here’s a great way to catch up on 20 years of space science missions, up to 2016. I came away with a renewed sense of how hard these teams work, and the interesting personalities involved.

If there is a hardback copy available, I’d recommend that, as the paperback has weirdly small text, and a few of the diagrams have text that is too small to read (and I don’t even require reading glasses yet)
Brynn Johnson
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The author does a great job writing about the missions to space
Stefan
Yating Tu
Nov 25, 2018

• Binti: The Complete Trilogy
  • The Sirens of Mars: Searching for Life on Another World
  • The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7)
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade (Hilda, #3)
  • Hilda and the Mountain King (Hilda, #6)
  • Hilda and the Midnight Giant (Hilda, #2)
  • Hilda and the Stone Forest (Hilda, #5)
  • Hilda and the Black Hound (Hilda, #4)
  • The Weirn Books, Vol. 1: Be Wary of the Silent Woods
  • The Tombs of Atuan (Earthsea Cycle, #2)
  • Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
  • White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism
  • Counting by 7s
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Abhorsen (Abhorsen, #3)
  • The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For and Believe
  • E=mc²: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation
  • Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out of This Wild and Glorious Life
Nancy Atkinson is a science journalist and author with a passion for telling the stories of people involved in space exploration and astronomy. She writes for Universe Today, Seeker and Ad Astra, and her new book about the Apollo program is titled “Eight Years to the Moon: The History of the Apollo Missions.” It shares the untold stories of engineers and scientists who helped make the Apollo progr ...more