Start by marking “Reaper's Eye” as Want to Read:
Reaper's Eye

Reaper's Eye

(Pathfinder Tales)

Let Sleeping Gods Lie

Daryus Gaunt used to be a crusader, battling to protect civilization from the demons of the Worldwound, before a battlefield mutiny forced him to flee or be executed. Pathfinder Shiera Tristane is an adventuring scholar obsessed with making the next big archaeological discovery. When a talking weasel reveals that a sinister witch is close to uncovering
Published December 6th 2016 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Reaper's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaper's Eye

Start your review of Reaper's Eye
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/01/06/...

Over the years I’ve had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Richard A. Knaak. No stranger to his tie-in fiction, I have tried most of his novels for the World of Warcraft franchise, a couple of which were pretty solid, but just as many have been utter disappointments. But still, I was intrigued when I first learned about Reaper’s Eye. While the Pathfinder Tales series comprises the official stories based on the Pathfind
Unseen Library
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Reaper's Eye from Pan Macmillan Australia to review.

I did a short review of this book in the Canberra Weekly:

Originally reviewed back in March 2017, I have re-published this review on my blog as part of my Throwback Thursday series.

For other interesting reviews, visit my blog at:
Jay
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pathfinder
one of the weaker pathfinder novels i've read. the characters were not engaging at all. would've been two stars, except 1) talking weasel and 2) last few pages pleased me. (grrr, shy knives! why? why couldn't they have ridden off to adventures together?)
Timothy McNeil
Ah, paycheck fiction.

Knaak, perhaps best know for his work in the Dragonlance and Dragonrealm settings, produces a story that doesn't really fit in with how Paizo developed Golarion. This reads as something more akin to the setting of The Janus Mak or if Dragonrealm were more like a D&D setting.

I had a problem with Knaak not be able to describe the "pitborn" as anything other than pitborn. There was also 'the swords coming down' which evoked nothing as an image or explained anything. This cl
Richard Berrigan
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
It's weird, this book does everything those how-to-write-fantasy books say you should do, but it falls kinda flat. The finale was pretty exciting, but a large piece in the middle was a check-your-watch affair. Maybe it was the three points of view. That got tiresome after a while. Once you start to really get into a character's situation, you have to go to another character's, and then a third. It's like twenty pages before you get back to the first protagonist.
Dave
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story. After some of the more annoying books I've been reading, the reaper's eye comes off the pages like magic. The characters make sense, the story stays busy and interesting throughout, and it was fast to get through.
The book made me late several times as I needed to get through just the next piece of it.
Brannigan
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Published at TheQwillery.com

Richard A. Knaak’s Reaper’s Eye is pure action candy. It gives you a high while reading and you go from page to page, but in the end there’s just not a lot there. Is this a bad thing? I’m in the camp that not all books need to leave you weeping and staring off into the evening wondering if you’ll ever be the same again. Sometimes you just want to be entertained, laugh and forget the boring aspects of daily life, and this is where Reaper’s Eye lands perfectly.

I’ve read
Erik Dewey
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good fantasy adventure. The main characters are compelling and you constantly want to know what happens next.
Bart Vervaet
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
run-of the-mill pathfinder story, not bad, but nothing to set it apart from the other stories is this series
Brandon
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Another journey into the Worldwound. The story had some interesting twists and was a decent read.
Jes Jones
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dug (see what I did there) the archaeological theme this book took on. Reminded me of an Indiana Jones adventure. I also like Harrika staying true to her mission to bring in her former comrade for justice. I felt that the ploy of not killing Toy because of reason x got a little redundant after a while. And the final battle got a little confusing with the action and where the characters were. Still a great read.
Shannon Clark
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Paizo's world and game and have enjoyed most of their Pathfinder Tales novels for the color they give to Paizo's shared world. This read very much as the beginning of a series with these characters so while I enjoyed it as some light entertainment I reserve judgement until the series (I assume) is finished. It is good but many characters aren't explored in great depth and are fairly simple. But the setting is rich and the characters interesting if ultimately not fully finished.
Matthew
Solid but not particularly noteworthy. Well one very unique and cool idea that gets you hooked early on, but then it was "just" a fiarly straightforward sword and sorcery tale. I did enjoy it (3 starts means "like") but it never got my imagination blazing or heart pounding. Again, a solid addition to the Pathfinder collection. Not the best, not the worst, and yes, it is worth your time to read. Grade: B-
Jen
Dec 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
I heard about this book thanks to the weekly B&N Sci-Fi & Fantasy mailbag thing Joel Cunningham does on YouTube. He said it has a talking weasel in it! And I was all, "talking weasel?! Must...add...to...TBR. ... Wait, what was the title again?"

So I watched this week's video again and found out that this is the book!

:-)
Dec 25, 2016
Robert Clark
May 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sea of Swords (Forgotten Realms: Paths of Darkness, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #13)
  • Off The Rails: A Train Trip Through Life
  • Highfire
  • Make Room! Make Room!
  • Limited Wish (Impossible Times, #2)
  • Burn
  • La fille dans l'écran
  • A Spy in Exile
  • Feast of Fields
  • Apollo
  • Blood in the Water (Destroyermen, #11)
  • Conan the Bold
  • Night of Knives (Novels of the Malazan Empire, #1)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, the Dragonrealm and Black City Saint series (his own creations), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written several non-series fantasy books.

Pathfinder Tales (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Prince of Wolves (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Winter Witch (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Plague of Shadows (Pathfinder Tales)
  • The Worldwound Gambit (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Master of Devils (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Death's Heretic (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Song of the Serpent (Pathfinder Tales)
  • City of the Fallen Sky (Pathfinder Tales)
  • Nightglass
  • Blood of the City (Pathfinder Tales)