Start by marking “Curious Weather (Jacob Tracy #2)” as Want to Read:
Curious Weather (Jacob Tracy #2)

Curious Weather

(Jacob Tracy #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
In the highly anticipated sequel to her Publisher’s Weekly starred debut, The Curse of Jacob Tracy, Messinger delivers another remarkably original novel that infuses America’s Gilded Age with hidden magics and supernatural horrors.

When Trace agrees to move into Miss Fairweather’s St. Louis mansion and study magic with her, he has one purpose in mind: to hunt down and destr
Expected publication: December 25th 2021 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Curious Weather, please sign up.
Holly Messinger Excellent question. I ask myself this, in the wee hours of the morning, when dreams and reality become confused, and I dream of wending my way through…moreExcellent question. I ask myself this, in the wee hours of the morning, when dreams and reality become confused, and I dream of wending my way through a crowded backstage to my dressing room, only to find it is full of cosplayers, missionaries, fourth-grade classmates, coworkers, and that slightly deranged local homeless guy who goes around flashing peace signs at everyone like Richard Nixon running on the Legalize It! platform. Or the dreams where I’ve inherited a once-grand but now run-down old house, full of trunks and furniture and wardrobes containing fascinating things that are now my responsibility to unpack, clean, catalogue, and render into something beautiful and profitable. Assuming, of course, that I’m not possessed or murdered by the ghosts of the house’s previous occupants. There are always ghosts in my stories, you see, even those that take place in my unconscious mind, and they are always pawing at me with their clinging hands, demanding my attention. Such is the life of a writer with a day job, and a demanding one at that. I can say that Curious Weather is about 90% finished, and it’s very, very pleasing to me, but alas, the daily ghosts keep eating my brain and pulling me away from the work I would rather be doing. I’m pretty much limited to one day a week when I can write. The publisher is still hanging fire—they’re the ones who set the publication dates, based on the estimates I give them—basically 9-12 months from the time I expect to turn in the manuscript. They’ve been remarkably patient with me. My agent, too. They are, of course, giving me the necessary space to turn out the quality work I strive for. So yes, this will one day really be published. We have a contract, we have a cover, and I have a story. But I will turn in no manuscript before its time. (less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of Curious Weather (Jacob Tracy #2)
Holly Messinger
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: people who love weird westerns, urban fantasy fans, readers who crave complex characters
Edit 4/15/20... Well, the manuscript is away to the publisher. Now we wait. As some of you may know, the publishing industry is having serious supply/distribution problems in the wake of the pandemic, and given that I'm a baby author who's way past deadline there's no telling when, or indeed if, this book will see the light of day.

But! This story is dear to my heart and one way or another I'm going to make sure it gets published. Thanks for hanging in there, and be safe.
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
Michelle
Jun 30, 2016
Victoria Kilpatrick
Jul 02, 2016
Holly Messinger is a writer, costumer, and martial artist with a fetish for the late 19th century. She comes from three generations of printers and has more than 20 years experience in printing and publishing, in addition to brief stints as a land title researcher, a liquor store clerk, an insurance agent, and a costume designer.

She has been known to teach parasol self-defense in a corset and pet

Jacob Tracy (3 books)
  • The Romance of Certain Old Bones (Jacob Tracy #0.5)
  • The Curse of Jacob Tracy (Jacob Tracy #1)