Start by marking “Nuts About You (Nutty Romances #1)” as Want to Read:
Nuts About You (Nutty Romances #1)

Nuts About You

(Nutty Romances #1)

Nathan’s been crushing on one of his regular Bulk Mart customers for a while now. In squirrel form, he sits on Vince’s bird feeders, munching on seeds and enjoying the eye candy. Until the day Vince notices him raiding the feeder…

Note: This title was originally published in Storm Moon Press's Forgotten Menagerie. Small changes in wording and sentence structure have been ma
Published January 7th 2016

Start your review of Nuts About You (Nutty Romances #1)
Shin Mon Thway
Annnnnnnd ... I’m nuts about this audio! 😂 Seriously though, I have read many shifter romances but surprisingly never about a squirrel shifter. And I couldn’t think of a better book to pop my squirrel-shifter cherry! 😁 Two words, endearing and funny! 🥰

Nathan is a little squirrel shifter who’s been stalking Vince ever since he met him two months ago at the Bulksale he works at. He goes to Vince’s house in the mornings and in the evenings, munches and feeds on the nuts from Vince’s bird feeder whi
SheReadsALot
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Unicorns!
FOUR HEARTS--

"So, a shapeshifter, huh?"
Nathan nodded.
"And you're a squirrel?"
Nathan nodded again.
"And you don't feel screwed at all by fate?"
"Huh?"
"I mean, shifters in books and movies are all werewolves and weretigers and stuff like that. It doesn't suck being a weresquirrel?"

Nope, it doesn't suck at all.

Let me tell you, Nathan the weresquirrel is ADORABLE. I am definitely #teamsquirrel #teamNathan after reading Kate Lowell's first story in the Nutty R
Ingie
Review written January 15, 2016

3.2 Stars - Chuckling fun and adorable "squirrel-cute"

photo image_zpspeo9tbe4.gif  photo image_zpspeo9tbe4.gif  photo image_zpspeo9tbe4.gif
*********************************************

Couldn't resist... — A M/M Squirrel shifter novella.

« Nathan's been crushing on one of his regular Bulk Mart customers for a while now. In squirrel form, he sits on Vince' bird feeders, munching on seeds and enjoying the eye candy. Until the day Vince notices him raiding the feeder… »
 photo image.jpg10_zpsgscjps2z.jpg
‘Or that marshmallow fluff stuff. Being somewhat fluffy himself, just
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I have a thing for squirrels. I just bought this for the squirrels at my new house.

description

I have not had the opportunity to see them use it though, something keeps stealing the corn!! Anyway…

I just think they are fun and so overly dramatic and they know how damn cute they are.

So yeah, I had to read this.

You know what this was? Fun, overly dramatic and damn cute. Just like a squirrel.

I’m ready for book two!
Barbara➰
So, all my GR friends are probably going to think I'm, well, nuts but I actually enjoyed this novella.

Nathan works at the Bulk Mart. He's a squirrel shifter. Yes, I said squirrel shifter.

He has a crush on Vince. Every day he goes to Vince's house and watches him in the shower from the many bird feeders around Vince's yard.

One day, Vince comes out to run a squirrel out of his feeder and knocks Nathan to the ground with his shoe. Turns out, once Vince realizes the squirrel is really Nathan well,
Len Evans Jr
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, owned
This nutty story is goofy, adorable, sweet and sexy! Prior to this book I was a squirrel shifter virgin, not anymore. LOL This was such a fun read I just HAVE to read the squeakquel!!!!!
Meep
Cute, funny, though short - but I wouldn't really have wanted to read any more of it, it ended at the right point for me.

It's what I was in the mood for - a bit of silly fun. A heaping of 'Nut' jokes, stalking that'll make you laugh and an endearing, intrepid, fluffy Squirrel.

Pretty much a PWP with added nuts. Appears the shifters are more for the sequel. Nothing to take serious but fun while it lasted. Had me smiling.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to ⚣Michaelle⚣ by: Shin Mon Thway
OMG, that was ridiculously adorable and hot AF. I wasn't sure when I picked this for a BINGO read just what I was getting into, but Shin loved it so I figured, "What the heck" and dove right in.

Nathan was so cute with his crush on Vince and while the whole voyeur aspect of turning into a Squirrel and hanging out on Vince's bird feeders to watch from afar could be a little creepy, Kate wrote it in a way that was just so sweet & too much fun. I loved Nathan.

John Solo also did an amazing job with t
Ann
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ann by: SheReadsALot
3.5 Stars

Oh Nathan, you are sooooo cute. SRAL was right, this was made for Unicorns to read and love.

The story is adorable and Nathan and Vince together are funny, sweet and pretty hawt. Nathan isn't your typical "perfect shifter specimen" and that's what made him even better. His human side has got some meat on his bones and his squirrel side has a little extra fluff to his tail. And, that is just how Vince likes him.

I would have felt cheated at the end (because I want to read more about them
Susan
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, shifters

Now this was cute!

Not a lot of background, but there could be more in the next book (this will be part of a series, no cliffhanger).

Nathan and Vince were great. I especially liked Vince’s reaction to finding out Nathan’s secret.

“So, a shapeshifter, huh?” Nathan nodded. “And you’re squirrel?” Nathan nodded again. Vince looked thoughtfully at him.
“And you don’t feel screwed at all by fate?”
“Huh?”
“I mean, shifters in books and movies are all werewolves and weretigers and stuff like
Sofia
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-5-stars

Read this with morning tea this morning.

As Ingela said - a fun read

W.
UPDATED to add Audiobook review
Hilariously Funny
Overall: 5 stars
Performance: 5 stars
Story: 4. 5 stars
Reviewed: 11-09-19

John Solo you deserve a standing ovation for your hilarious, quirky and spot on narration of Nuts About You.

From now on, every time I see a squirrel , I am going to imagine them talking the way you portrayed Nathan .

You went all methods actor and became one with your inner squirrel!!! 😁😜😁 LOL, seriously , you nailed it.

Kate Lowell wrote a delightful, light hearted , fun
Ami
First "published" story I read after being in a book funk (I can only read fan fictions) for the past 2+ weeks ... and it wasn't a success. It was too stalkerish and voyeuristic for me that I couldn't find it cute or funny, like others did. Besides for a short story, it was pretty much PWP the half way through which didn't help its case in my point of view *shrugs*. ...more
Jaime
4 Stars! Lots of squirrelly fun!!

This is a great book with fun characters who will capture your heart and make you laugh while reading their story! I loved Nathan's personality as he stalked Vince eating all the nuts out of Vince's bird feeders while watching Vince through his windows. It was funny to find out that Vince was frequently visiting Nathan's job not only to replenish his feeder supply but to see the sexy cashier!

“I thought you just bought a bunch of birdseed. Did you put in some n
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Nathan is the most adorable shifter character I've ever read. His reactions in squirrel form are hilarious, and the romance is sweet. A nice bit of fluff. ...more
Veronica of V's Reads
I breezed through this cute little story that centers on Nathan, a squirrel shifter and workaday cashier at a big box store. Vince has been a regular customer for the past few months, coming in to purchase bags of seed for his many bird feeders. Nathan does a little bit of stalking, and a lot a bit of peeping on his crush.

Crashing out in his squirrel form, munching quality bird seed from Vince's feeders, Nathan revels in the lack of window coverings for Vince's bathroom and bedroom. It certainly
Sara
This was the most adorable story ever!
I am completely charmed and in love with "Oh My Walnuts", Nathan and his boy Vince.
Sexy and hella funny this was and SO not creepy at all though it's about squirrel shifters.

I love that there will be more of these two.
This was a short, sexy and sweet story!
Did I mention it was fun?

I'll just leave you with this...

"Damn. Why anyone would turn down something as sweet as you over a little bit of fur is beyond me."
Eve
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Nathan the squirrel shifter and his antics. This is a lovely angst-free romantic hook-up story with a lot of fun.

This cute and floofy story is also in the Forgotten Menagerie anthology from Storm Moon press. I haven't read the other stories in the collection, so I don't know if it's worth picking that up, or buying this one as a stand-alone.
Andrea
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Andrea by: Shin Mon Thway
Shelves: romance, novella, lgbtq
Cute and fluffy short story about a squirrel shapeshifter falling for a human. It was really really really short, but (aside from the stalking in squirrel form) really cute and just fun!

3.5 stars rounded up because of squirrely cuteness!
V
Because L said so. :)
Pam
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scribd, gb-20q2, shorties

It’s super cute and the squirrel details are very funny, but it’s also mostly one long sex scene. I would still recommend it if that’s what you’re in the mood for.
Anna Goerlitz
3-3.5 stars

Cute and funny squirrel shifter story. Very short, quickly and easily read. Maybe a bit too much sex compared to length, would have liked more characterbuild instead. But it was tongue-in-cheek fun, so I'll forgive the author and will probably get the next one in the series too, to see where teh couple go from here...
Marion
This was fun. Sexy and nutty...I'll never look at peanut butter quite the same! ...more
Mari  Cardenas
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Nathan has been admiring Vince, one of his regular Bulk Mart's customers, from afar for a long time. In his squirrel form, he visits Vince's house daily, munching on seeds from his strategically placed bird feeders where he can enjoy the view. While Nathan wishes there would be more between them than just the small interactions at the store, he's too shy to do more about it, until the day when Vince catches him r
Didi
A peeping squirrel. This short story came to the rescue in my need of a pick-me-up.

Having a giggle throughout reading because it's cute and funny, even the prolong steamy scenes didn't bother me (some of them just too darn funny!).
Lorraine
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Soooo cute. I haven't read any books about were-squirrels before, but this was lovely. I would have liked to know the colour of Nathan's fur, so I could better imagine him in the story, but the plot and dialogue were so cute.
A lovely quick read
Sylvia
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it

Cute/sweet,adorable shifter story.
DTM
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 adorable stars...I only dabble in shape shifters but the premise caught me...Cute and hot...fun read!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The MFRW Book Place: 14 Apr 2017 - Nuts about You 1 2 Apr 14, 2017 07:09AM

• The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars, #1)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Embracing Faith (Embrace #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • His Unexpected Daddy
  • Honeythorn
  • The Vampire's Omega (The Vampire's Omega, #1)
  • My Cameron (The New Neighbors, #1)
  • Lightbearer
  • Touch of Magic (Mages of Ravenshire, #1)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Ranger
  • Just Ridley (Chosen #1)
  • His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)
  • Grumpy Old Bear (Chosen, #2)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Circle of Trust (Genesis Circle, #2)
Kate Lowell lives on the east coast of Canada, in an old farm house that has way more personality than it has any right to. During the winter, she spends her time dreading snow, cursing at snow, shoveling snow, and scheming ways to shove it down the kids' necks. During the summer, she prays not to have snow. :)

Kate likes to play in ALL the sandboxes. While her main genres are paranormal and contem

Nutty Romances (2 books)
  • Rise of the Alpha Squirrel (Nutty Romances #2)

News & Interviews