Start by marking “Illusion Town (Ghost Hunters #13)” as Want to Read:
Illusion Town (Ghost Hunters #13)

Illusion Town

(Ghost Hunters #13)

A new adventure begins on Harmony…

With its opulent casinos and hotels, the desert city of Illusion Town is totally unique—and will take you on a thrill ride you’ll never forget.

Hannah West isn’t the first woman to wake up in Illusion Town married to a man she barely knows, but she has no memory of the ceremony at all. For that matter, neither does Elias Coppersmith, h
Published July 26th 2016 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Illusion Town, please sign up.
Asteropê They probably haven't read the book. People rate books for many reasons - to express excitement, interest, desire for purchase, etc. Goodreads has…moreThey probably haven't read the book. People rate books for many reasons - to express excitement, interest, desire for purchase, etc. Goodreads has stated this is acceptable and allowed, though many disagree with it. When one looks at their shelves, they can then sort by rating - instead of using a shelf such as "really-want" someone might give it a 5 star rating so they can find/track/see it that way. They might give a book they're really into and want 5 stars and one they're only moderately interested in 2 stars, so when looking at their shelves, they're ordered by interest. Why? I don't know, but many do that. I don't even pay attention to the ratings on GR most of the time, especially in cases like this. I personally only rate if I read the book (or attempted to read an DNF it), but others on GR use the rating system for other reasons. And I use shelves to catalog my books, not ratings. Early ratings never influence my decision to read a book, because without context (review, comment), they're rather pointless. (less)
Liz I'm not quite sure own to answer you, but I'll try...
I'm not quite sure own to answer you, but I'll try...
As I see it... each book mostly has it's own defined ending. The link between books isn't as strong or as straightforward as with some series.

I can suggest the reading order I chose:
- Book 1 to 6 of the Arcane Society series
- Book 1 to 6 of the Harmony series (I personally don't recommend reading "Bridal Jitters" as a prequel. I think of if more as an extra or even a "deleted scene")
- Book 7 and 8 of the Arcane Society series
- Book 7 of the Harmony series (witch is also Arcane's book 9)
- Book 9.5, 10 and 11 of the Arcane Society series
- Book 8 of the Harmony series (witch is also Arcane's book 12)
- Book 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 of Harmony
- next Arcane or Harmony book to be released...

To clarify:
- There are three different "worlds" / "time": Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle)
While, as a group, the historical books are taking place before the contemporary books, that are themselves taking place before the futuristic books, the 3 "timelines" are somewhat "parallel". The series itself jumps from one to the other and back. Events in the past (historical) are referenced in the following present and/or future, or events first mentioned in the contemporary are then detailed in the next historical... Might sound complicated but you just have to follow the series book order. (You have to read it to see you well it works!)
- At the beginning, the Arcane series only jumps between historical and contemporary and the Harmony series doesn't link to events/characters from the Arcane series. The beginning of the 2 series are independent.

-Books 7, 8 and 9 of the Arcane series share a story arc (The Dreamlight Trilogy). Same for book 10, 11 and 12 (Looking Glass Trilogy)

- Book 9 of the Arcane series is also book 7 of the Harmony series BUT the first mention of the Arcane society in the Harmony series is in book 5 (some might argue for book 4)

You can choose either Arcane or Harmony to begin with, either way you will have to "pause" so you can catch up in the other one ...
(it's probably better to read book 5 of Arcane before you get to book 6 of Harmony)(less)

Jilly
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
In each of these books there is a dust bunny that has a name that somehow relates to the person who is their owner. So, when this one was named Virgil, I was excited. After all , the Roman poet was Dante's escort through hell. So, I'm thinking:

But, strangely enough, the bear was wrong.
So, that famous saying, "Always trust a bear", was wrong?
WTH? It's like everything I've ever known was wrong now. Can horses really remove a computer virus?
World view shattered!!

This is one of those stories where t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Jayne Castle (also writing as Jayne Ann Krentz) is the queen of paranormal romance lite. Her Harmony books are wonderfully addictive, and the first one I read (not the first in this series since they can function as standalones) turned me into an instant fan. I always struggle a bit to find my footing in her books since I have to catch up on the worldbuilding I’ve missed along the way, but Castle makes it easy and her books just pull me in with no effort at all.

Illusion Town is Harmony
Kat Valentine
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
once again jayne castle aka jayne ann krentz has pulled me into her world of harmony!!! i loved this book. like all her harmony books the characters are bold,passionate men and women, in this new book we are in illusion town and her characters are hannah west and the hot and sexy elias coppersmith when they wake up together in bed and find out that their married, neither remembers how it happened but little by little what happened that night comes back to them and these two will have to uncover ...more
namericanwordcat
This is a fun comfort read series full of action and mystery. The dust bunnies make it even better.

This is a fully fleshed out world that is always nice to visit. If you are looking for a easy happy read with a little adventure, this is a good choice. The books in the series do blend together though.
CatBookMom
Not as good as others in this series. A bit flat, scenes that could have been very exciting weren't. Rounding up to 3 stars.
Ashley
Rating: 3/5
***Minor spoilers***

Hannah has a special ability. When she sleeps, she can walk around and interact with the real world, but nobody can see her. She uses this ability to run a business in finding things for people, giving her the alias Finder. She works a job for a man named Elias, who is in the family to runs one of the richest companies in existence. He asks her to go out with him, and she agrees. But this is where the memory stops. Shes wakes up the next day in a motel with Elias,
☕️Kimberly
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Five reasons to grab Illusion Town

Off planet paranormal woo-woo – Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz) has created a futuristic planet where inhabitants of Earth have relocated. The series ties into her Arcane series but books in this series work as standalone and some are broken into trilogies. Harmony is a fascinating planet filled with underground catacombs and ancient alien technology left by earlier inhabitants of the planet. Castle brilliantly explains the world from the colonized cities to t
Paraphrodite
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Welcome back to Harmony, the planet with Alien Dead Cities, Ghost Hunters, ruin rats and the cutest companion ever existed - the dust bunny. Illusion Town is the Las Vegas of Harmony, where Casinos reign supreme and where our heroine works in a shady side of town "finding" things with her dreamlight talent.

This is the usual Jayne Castle futuristic fare, throwing in some interesting links back to the Arcane Society in the "Old World" right from the beginning of Sylvester Jones to Jones & Jone
Cindy
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whenever a new book by Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick comes out, it immediately pops to the top of my ‘MUST READ IMMEDIATELY’ pile because I know I’m going to be entertained. Illusion Town IS entertaining but there are better books in the series. This feels like what I call a ‘bridging’ book – its primary purpose is to lay down threads for books to come. Still, it’s an entertaining read – just not an outstanding one. I am still be looking forward to more sequels!

This is a Harmony wor
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I've only read two previous books in this series (The Hot Zone and Siren's Call) and yet this book seemed very repetitive. I was essentially bored through the whole book. Nothing really pulled me into the story.

The two MC's Hannah and Elias were good and the plot had potential but it was all underwhelming. Or perhaps both the characters and the plot were overwhelmed with the world building. Everything in this book is so focused on the "world" they live in and the "powers" of that world that char
Linda
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Another fun Harmony novel from Jayne Castle.

These stories all follow a familiar theme, though this tale takes us to a new locale, Illusion Town, the Harmony equivalent of Las Vegas. The hero and heroine are powerful talents whose specific profiles complement and/or enhance each other. In this case, Hannah West is a powerful dreamlight talent who has found The Midnight Carnival, an amusement park hidden deep in the alien underground, built by human ancestors and holding priceless artifac
Diana Brown
3.5 stars Good story, cute dust bunny, but nothing new. Got excited thinking Arcane society was being reintroduced....nope
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Waiting for this story was worth it. This book can be read as a standalone. Hannah is a finder of all sorts of goods ~ lost and stolen. She never mixes work with pleasure but make an exception with Elias. Elias comes from a family with wealth and power. He wears it well. He is a crystal engineer who knows about psychic powers out of the norm.

This story moves at good pace with nice pauses. The sex is too tame for my tastes. I skimmed over most of it. I understand why Ms. Krentz needs to add in se
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to RachelW (BamaGal) by: Linda
This was a fun read. I enjoy both of Krentz's alter egos, but Jayne Castle the most. The pnr aspect, I guess. Anyway, this is another trip to her Harmony world. This time, the action takes place in Illusion Town, sort of an another world version of Las Vegas. Illusion Town, however, is a little seedier and a lot more paranormal. We have the usual, dust bunnies, talents, para-psychs, the rainforest, and the underground tunnels built by the aliens.

This time we have Hannah and Elias, who do busine
Cindy
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jayne Ann Krentz is one author who is on my must buy / must read list. I love her books under all the names she has used and happily reread them when I need a pick me up. She has characters with flaws, but throughout they manage to keep searching for something - usually a connection with someone or something that is missing in their lives. They persevere and do reach a happily ever after, especially if there is a dust bunny involved. This book pulls in some Arcane history in the artifacts and th ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Once again I got to visit Harmony - that great planet that got cut off from Earth when the curtain went down. This time it features Hannah West and Elias Coppersmith, another member of the family that I first met on Earth in a book that helped start this series that crosses time and space. Illusion Town is like Las Vegas with alien ruins thrown in for good measure. It starts like most in the series with a Marriage of Connivence and of course ends with a HEA Hannah and Elias. This is a very inter ...more
Olga Godim
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This new novel in Jayne Castle’s futuristic romance series, set on the planet of Harmony, was as readable as all the rest. I finished the book a week ago and I already forgot the protagonists’ names and their adventures, but I enjoyed reading it all the same, as I enjoy all the other books of this author.
Underground catacombs, mysterious villains, true love, and a dust bunny combined to make this book a reading candy.
Lizzy
2.5 stars, still entertaining if you want to read a fatasy/sci-fi. However the previous books of the series are better. It seems that's the fatal destiny of long series...
Lisa
It seems like JAK has finally gone the way of Laurell K. Hamilton with her writing. And I don't mean she's added a bunch of raunchy inter-species sex to her stories. Nope, Krentz has started doing that other LKH staple of filling up her stories with boring, repetitious info dumps copy-pasted from previous stories and stilted, unrealistic "As you know" conversations. The beginning of this book was excruciating to get through because of this.

The two main characters, Hannah and Elias, start the sto
Emris Lindsay
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a bit of a let down after reading the Siren call, I was anxious to read it but alas, it wasn’t like I had expected, that sizzle was just not there, it felt like something was missing, then it hit me, that sizzling romantic deliciousness, which was evident in all the other books of the series, wasn't as forthcoming as I grew to expect from Jayne Castle, so yeah, I'm a bit disappointed but I love the storyline, just needs a bit more oomph, I’m still a great fan. Jayne Castle or Amand ...more
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/07/review-...

Set in a post apocalypse style version of Las Vegas-called Illusion Town- Castle introduces a marriage of convenience between a research scientist and a finder of lost items. A date between Elias Coppersmith and Hannah West ends up with them waking up in a motel with no memory of their date beyond a certificate of an MC and the fuzzy feeling from being psi-burned. As their memories slowly come back, we learn Elias had met Ha
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction?

I have really liked this series, and the latest installment is no different. I will say that some tend to feel “samey” if you binge-read more than a few, but that’s sort of the draw with Jayne Castle/Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick. You always know what you’re going to get.

Hannah West woke up married and with no memory of the night before in Illusion Town. Illusion Town is basically the Vegas of Harmony. And the man she’s now married to is almost a stranger to her.

Elia
Hannah
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

Illusion Town is book 13 in Jayne Castle (aka Jayne Ann Krentz) Ghost Hunters/Harmony series also which is connected to her Arcane Society series. She has said she will continue the Arcane Society series just in this world. I always have a place in my heart for books where the main characters have the name Hannah, especially when they are really good, even more so when the dust bunny shares a name of one of my favorite stuffed animals from when I was a kid. Illusion Town is the Vegas o
Erin Burns
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
So long have I been reading this series. SO long. This is book 13 in the Harmony series, or like book 1 bajillion if you consider that the tie-ins from her Amanda Quick and Jayne Anne Krentz's pen names are part of the series. And I honestly can't believe I haven't written about any of those, but then I realized the last Amanda Quick and Jayne Ann Krentz ones were in 2013 (still waiting for her to finish those two out), and time really does fly doesn't it? But I bring it up because we have TIE I ...more
Maggie
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new dust bunny story in a different world far, far away. Elias and Hannah’s story kept me turning the pages, but. (Grr. I hate to say “but” when it comes to this author and this series because I am a huge fan.) There were parts that didn’t carry the Harmony vibe I’ve come to expect from such a masterful storyteller. This seemed like the gateway book to a Ghost City crop of books, only I didn’t get much Ghost City stuff. However, it was interesting to see the Millicent Bridewell “weapons” turn ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
JAK is my favorite author, so it is no surprise I thought this book was great. It follows the standard Ghost Hunter formula, but I loved the family Hannah had made for herself and Illusion Town might be my favorite setting of all the Ghost Hunter books. Being on the run, married and having memory issues is a new way for one of these books to start, but it worked.

I was a little disappointed in the dust bunny, Virgil as he didn't seem to have his own quirk. We've already had bunnies that carried d
Abra
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, fantasy
There are several books in this series in which the hero and the heroine get married as soon as they meet and this is one of them. Usually, it's to protect the heroine in some way. I don't mind, I read this series for the world building and don't get bogged down in the details.

Having said all that, I liked this book more than most in this series. Elias Coppersmith is part of the very rich Coppersmith family. For all that, he's a good hero and not overbearing. Hannah is a dream worker. She can d
Danielle Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. I usually love these books and I devour them really quickly. This one just wasn't quite as good. Something was missing on the romance side and I found myself just a little disappointed. I still really enjoy this world though and it was good just not as good as I wanted it to be.
Schells
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, interesting read. Took me awhile to understand things as I've dropped into the middle of this series lol. Very confusing at first lol. But I enjoyed it.
Bethany
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. I liked how she named multiple characters from other books in a way that made sense. Storyline was a little shorter I thought in this book.
Play Book Tag: Illusion Town (Harmony, #13) – Jayne Castle - 5 stars 1 10 Aug 23, 2016 08:34PM

• Dream Eyes (Dark Legacy, #2)
  • Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8; Dreamlight Trilogy, #2)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates, #9)
  • Day of Fire (2176 Series, #2)
  • The Legend of Banzai Maguire (2176 Series, #1)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant

Ghost Hunters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunters, #6)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #0; Ghost Hunters, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #12)
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)
“Where I come from you don't get to call a scene a scene until someone pulls out a knife or starts throwing broken beer bottles.” 1 likes
“It says he's rich. It also says he's a scion. What the heck is a scion? Sounds like some kind of refrigerator or a car.” 0 likes