Start by marking “The Daughters of Maine (Witches of BlackBrook, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Daughters of Maine (Witches of BlackBrook, #2)

The Daughters of Maine

(Witches of BlackBrook #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  300 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
"With vivid scenes and likable characters, Thawer's series is a definite winner! Come for the adventure - and stay for the awesome witchery." ~ New York Times #1 Bestselling author, PC Cast

Through space and time, sisters entwined. Lost then found, souls remain bound.

After being reunited in the present day, three sister witches are forced to separate once more in an effort
232 pages
Published March 7th 2017 by Amber Leaf Publishing (first published March 4th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Daughters of Maine, please sign up.
Tish Yes! The Sisters of Salem is scheduled to release sometime later next year! :)

Stacie Catoe
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Daughters of Maine by Tish Thawer

Oh my goodness I just loved this second book in  The Witches of Blackbrook Novels!! This is a definite 5 star read.  I am sad that I didn't read the first one but will soon remedy that and can't wait to read the third novel.  The three sisters Trin, Caris, and Kennedy are Witches who have lived many lifetimes and have to stop Ann yet again. Ann was stripped of her powers and banished by the oldest sister, Trin, in the first novel.

Trin has been plagued with ni
Candy
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Tish Thawer has a special quality to her writing that makes whatever she puts to paper become an all-encompassing read. I was sucked into The Daughters of Maine just as much as the first book in the series, if not even more. The storyline is utterly addicting with characters that burrow their way into your veins. Thawer has an incredible knack for world-building, which made The Daughters of Maine absolutely magical – no pun intended – and I’m already craving more from these sisters.

I l
Angela
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

“Through space and time, sisters entwined. Lost then found, souls remain bound.”

The Daughters of Maine is the second book in the Witches of BlackBrook, by Tish Thawer. It is a paranormal/fantasy; a story about witches- with lots of action, adventure, magic, time travel, history, drama and suspense. So much happens in this story, writing this review will be difficult because I don’t want to give away any spoilers. But I’m going to try…
This story follows on from where book one left off. The
Dione Brown
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..

This story was non stop magic. It was great. So many twists. The Mom??? What's up with that? I am looking forward to part 3..
Anna Hirsch
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Daughters of Maine by Tish Thawer
4 Stars

This is book two in the Witches of Blackbrook series. It is a story of three witch sisters; Trin, Caris and Kennedy. Their original lives took place in 1693 during the Salem witch trials. Trin was burnt at the stake. Before she died, she cast a spell which enabled the souls of her lover, her sisters and herself to reincarnate over the centuries. Most of the time they would find each other in each lifetime. This book takes place in the present day soon
Rachel
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Daughters of Maine is the second book in the Witches of Blackbrook series. You MUST read them in order. You'll be in for a confusing ride if you don't!

This book picks up right where book one left off, which I love. The sisters were separated for centuries and they are finally finally reunited. There are some secrets to be discovered but they are so strong and pure together. As someone with a sister that I love so very very dearly I loved the relationships between the sisters. They have all c
Angelique
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Tish Thawer. The Daughters of Maine is the second novel in the Witches of BlackBrooke series. It is about three sisters, who are witches, and Jason, lover of eldest sister, Trin. The sisters have been separated for centuries by the evil schemes of Ann and a demon named Heinrich. Two of the sisters Caris and Kennedy have managed to live their lives in the same time period. They've been protected by Jason, Trin's mate. The three of them are relieved to have been reunited w ...more
Karen Graham
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Daughters of Maine (Witches of Blackbrook Book 2) by Tish Thawer is the second book in the series following 3 witch sisters that are reunited in the present time but have to go back in time to right the wrongs.

The book describes the sisters well - Caris, Kennedy and Trin perfectly along with Trin’s long time soul mate Jason. They all have a past, and a present however their future is in jeopardy from decisions they have taken in a past life.

Kennedy in the present is a police officer and use
Nikki LeClair
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This novel was all kinds of fun. I haven’t read the first book in the series but after finishing Daughters of Maine the other night; I bought it on my kindle straight away. I love a good story about witches that isn’t too cliché and has characters so likeable you wish they were real and you knew them.
I found Trish Thawer an exceptional writer. She pulled me in within a few pages of the first chapter, her writing seemed effortless, as if she simply thought the stories and it appeared on the pa
Irene Jonker
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Daughters of Maine (Witches of BlackBrook Book 2) by Tish Thawer is the second part of the Witches of BlackBrook series and it picks up right where the first book ended, so if you haven’t read the first book I would recommend you do so. After defeating Ann and vanquishing her powers in the first book, in this one the sisters are together again in present day and must get to know each other again. For centuries, something evil has chased them, and as they ran they have tried to find a way to ...more
Martha
THIS IS A MUST READ!!
The Daughters of Maine is the second book in The Witches of BlackBrook. I recommend you read the first book so you can follow along with the story. This book picks up where book one ended. I found this book to be enchanting while hoping for the sisters to reconnect with each other.
Trin, Caris aka Kara, Kennedy aka Kenna are three sisters trying to find a way to destroy the evil that has chased them through centuries. The sisters are finally together and trying to build thei
Kaitlynn Taylor
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Daughters of Maine-Tish Thawer

5 Stars Review

The Daughters of Maine is an incredibly well written story. It is the second book in the Witches of Blackbrook series. It is told in all of the main characters POV’s, Trin’s, Caris’s, Kennedy’s, and Jason’s. Throughout the whole book it jumps from present day to past situations. I read the 2nd book before the first and I can honestly say it made no difference. The story is very detailed and it isn’t hard to follow.

This book was intense, exciting, a
Ashley Rose
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yara CO
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT FOLLOW UP

It follows on from The Witches of Blackbrook and continues to weave a fantastic story of family and magick. It is EXACTLY the kind of ‘witchy’ book i wanted to read. I looooove how Tish writes about the rituals and the encantarions/spells etc. They are so very true to real witchcraft.

I cant wait for the third book!! Please please please write it soon!
Bobbi Wagner
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Daughters of Maine (Witches of BlackBrook Book 2) by Tish Thawer is the second book in the Witches of BlackBrook series. I would recommend that you read book one before this one as it will give you background information on the characters in this story will be helpful when reading this one. This story is full of time travel, witches and fantasy. You will love how the author has created situations with these characters that keep the story flowing. This story is full of suspense, action and a ...more
Maura
The Daughters of Maine ~ a Witches of BlackBrook novel~ book 2 by Tish Thawer
This is book 2 in “the Witches of BlackBrook” series and I did not read Book 1 before opening Book 2. While this may not be a standalone, I was able to pick up and follow along without too much adjustment. I never feel like I was lost because of previous events. It felt like walking into a new series even though there was an obvious thread from the first book. This is my first Tish Thawer book and I just fell right into
Sherry Bledsoe
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Book 2!

I loved book 2 but the bad part of a series is waiting for release of the next book. Dang it!!! Yet I will be hopeful that it will be as good as the first 2 books. It's the waiting that's so hard - and because the first 2 book's were so good, I might not be as generous with my stars. Here is hoping!!!
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as much as the first!! The plot was filled with intriguing twists and a depth that kept my mind thinking! This complex and intertwined story made the witchery come alive with their history, chants and sacrifice! A continuous love of the three sisters! Loved it!
Cassandra Brown
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A+

Love this series so far!! Blending the past and present incorporating just enough details to keep you turning pages. Bought book 1 yesterday & finished book 2 today. Can not wait for the next book!!
Amber Eckstein
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Daughters of Maine
By Tish Thawer

FIVE STARS!

YAY! It’s finally here. I feel like I waited forever! Alright it was only a week or two weeks but it seemed like it took forever. Sure, I’m a new Tish fan but let me tell you. She is an amazing new author that I am adding to my list of must reads. All of her reads.

In The Daughters of Maine by Tish Thawer you get to see the second book of the Series. If you have not read not the first book, you need to do it. Like now. This book will be confusing if
InD'tale Magazine
"The Daughters of Maine" is the second book in the Witches of BlackBrook series.

Read full review in the 2017 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kim
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sister's Story continues

Evil never dies. The 3 sisters & Jason time travel to stop Ann Putnam. Success seems within their grasp when the unthinkable occurs. I hope there will be a third book!
evelyn
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waiting for book three!!!!

What a way to torture your readers. This book leaves you wanting more. Great read! I really enjoyed books one and two! I hope book three is just as good or better.
Amber
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Daughters of Maine is the second book in the Witches of BlackBrook series by Tish Thawer. I did not read book one and wish I had. Not that you can't read book two without book one but I generally like all the background info. I was able to piece things together pretty well but I will definitely have to go back for book one when I have time. There are three sisters who have been separated for a time. They have lived many lifetimes. They are powerful.They are finally together again and learning t ...more
Mostly Book Reviews
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this Author. Great story telling, and very detailed on all things witchy. Read it!
Becky
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5, I enjoyed the story but the writing is not great.
Joany Fox
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for the third book so far this series was amazing great job !!
Tabetha Nguyen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
After the first book in the series, it is predictable, but it is a good and easy read.
Yvette Valdez
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I wasn't expecting this ending. Great read! Now to look and see if there is a third book. I'm hooked.
Cassy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It kept me entertained on the drive to and from Wales! What more could you ask for?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
#1 Bestseller in Historical Fiction
Top 100 Bestselling in Paid Kindle Store
Best Cover Award Winner
Readers’ Choice Award Winner
Best Sci-fi Fantasy Novel Winner

Author Tish Thawer writes paranormal romances for all ages. From her first paranormal cartoon, Isis, to the Twilight phenomenon, myth, magic, and superpowers have always held a special place in her heart.

Best known for her Witches of BlackBro

Witches of BlackBrook (3 books)
  • The Witches of BlackBrook (Witches of BlackBrook #1)
  • The Sisters of Salem (Witches of BlackBrook #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Six Scary Stories
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Rite of Passage
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Flowertown