Start by marking “Blackheath (The Blackheath Witches, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blackheath (The Blackheath Witches, #1)

Blackheath

(The Blackheath Witches #1)

Seventeen-year-old Maggie Ellmes is dogged by a case of chronic bad luck. She figures that’s just her lot in life—that is, until the psychic at Blackheath’s annual carnival reveals that Maggie’s problems are caused by more than just ordinary misfortune; she’s actually been cursed.

Desperate to shake the hex, Maggie has no choice but to seek out the help of Joel Tomlins, a
Published December 21st 2015 (first published December 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blackheath, please sign up.
Gabriella Lepore No, it's the first in the series. The sequel will be released October 2016

Ben Alderson
Reread this book yesterday on the beach!
It truly is one of my favourite paranormal reads ever!
I love the The Secret Circle and Sweep series vibes!

Gabriella Lepores writing is truly unique, well paced and exciting!
I am SO EXCITED TO PUBLISH THE SEQUEL!

I really recommend you all check this out!

Lia  °on a summer hiatus but don't worry I'll be back°
SEPTEMBER 2017 edit: how is it that I don't remember reading this book, and even less reviewing it?! O_O I might need to reread it because I seriously DON'T REMEMBER A SINGLE THING *ugly sobbing in the background

I rest my case.
If a better written Twilight, a Halloween Disney Channel Original Movie, The Raven Cycle under methadone, and a bag of marshmallows had a lovechild, it'd look like this book.

Not gonna lie, you must be in a fluffy mood to really appreciate this one; take it as if you were r
Andie
Besides Harry Potter, I'm not one to usually read witchy books. But when Gabriella Lepore reached out to me about reviewing her new book, I thought why not? The synopsis sounded great and the cover is stunning! So thank you Gabriella!

Following a bout of bad luck, seventeen-year-old Maggie Ellmes learns she has a curse upon her and seeks out the help of Joel Tomlins, who is a known descendent of a powerful line of witches. Together they set out to destroy Maggie's curse, which they find out is m
Katy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that captured my heart. I laughed, cried, and nursed my book hangover when it was all over! It's love <3 Witches, carnivals and Tomlinses oh my!
Beth
Blackheath is a magical teen romance of epic proportions.

Nothing seems to ever go right for Maggie Ellmes. When all else fails, she must seek out the help of the argumentative Joel Tomlins, the heir to the Blackheath’s mansion and the most powerful in his family’s line of witches.

There is a nasty curse, a very sweet romance, some sibling rivalry and lots of magic.

Sure to be a hit with the younger tween readers, I found this story to be a quick, easy, entertaining teen geared novel.

I received
Shelley
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read by Gabriella Lepore. I was pulled straight into the world of Blackheath and did not want to leave. This book has everything: romance, witchcraft, mystery. It was wonderful and as with all of Gabriella Lepore's other books I would highly recommend Blackheath - I both started and finished it today. At just over 200 pages it is fairly short but the narrative is well written and you are not left feeling as though you have been cheated out of any significant part of the plot as m ...more
Matilda
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book! Maggie and Joel's relationship was sweet and funny, and the Tomlins brothers relationship was great too. Whitchcraft, drama and humor all in one well-crafted story. 5 stars.
Leigh
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite of 2016 so far!
Kelly Risser
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Blackheath. The story unfolded at the perfect pace with enough intrigue to keep me turning the pages. I finished this book in a few hours. I loved watching the relationship unfold between Joel and Maggie, and the exchange between the brothers was wonderfully written. I hope there will be more books about these characters.
Sara
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish to thank the publisher for sending me a review copy of this book.

This is my second novel of Gabriella and there is a growth as an author. It shows more maturity in character development and, very important, dialogue. It was a huge difference for the better. I liked the writing style a bit more on Blackheath.

Blackheath is a private academy where a family of students is known for being witches. Maggie believes she has been cursed and asks Joel, the witch from her class, for help. The plot
Connie
Source: I downloaded this book via Kindle Unlimited.
Cost: Free

Title: Blackheath
Author: Gabriella Lepore
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Overall Rating: 5 stars

Full Review: http://sunstormsandthunderclouds.blog...

I really loved this book!

I’m a massive fan of Gabriella Lepore, I’ve read just around half of her books and I’m yet to be disappointed. Blackheath was no exception to that! Not only was the plot fast paced enough to be able to read in one sitting, it was very eloquently written and it flow
Marina :)
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Gabriella Lepore! The storyline was great and I've never felt bored- I always wanted to know what comes next.

My favorite thing besides the witchcraft was the development of the relationship between Joel and Maggie because it was funny, cute and most importantly : it seemed so real!

All in all, I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves books with witches !
FangirlB
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book as it was funny and cute and there are so many words to describe it. Is it just me who imagined Evan as Evan Peters from the first series of American horror story? The story was interesting and easy to read and fall in love with and I just couldn't put it down.
Belinda
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Blackheath is about Joel Tomlins and his brothers, a family of witches. It tpreimarily takes place in three setting: the rundown old Tomlins mansion, the school and the blackheath carnival, all of which i love! There is some romance, lighthearted humour, magic, mytery and tension. Of course I love this book! It has my heart!
Marguerite
2.5 Stars.

Blackheath was an interesting book, but the expectations I had and the book it turned out to be were so different it was hard to get past it. After looking at the cover and reading the synopsis, I was expecting a darkly gothic tale of sorcery and angst, with a girl long cursed seeking redemption. What I got was a high school drama with a female MC, Maggie, who was really mean (for no reason), likes to stomp her foot every time she is angry (for no reason) and then an entourage of seco
Freedom
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a quick but great read! Another wonderful story by the lovely Gabriella Lepore!

I spent the entire novel wanting to push Maggie and Joel at each other! They were so cute! Their relationship evolved in just the right way and there is still so much room to elaborate!

Can I just say how much I adore Pippin?! Imagining him in the pot just made me melt, awwww!!

All of the characters were highlighted and given their moments which was great. I look forward to seeing them again in book 2. Ainsley is
Evangeline
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THE CHARACTERS. Maggie and Joel made me laugh straight away with their attitudes. They are the people I would be friends with in school. I would be the third wheel being like, "Guys, you love each other so just be together already!" I love when people start off hating each other but then their relationship develops and they are faced to deal with their real feelings. As well Gabby is the queen of writing prologue's! They always have you dying to know what happens and this one was no differ ...more
Kate (GirlReading)
A brilliant book full of magic, witchcraft and great characters! I loved the development of Joel and Maggie's relationship, it was sweet, funny and was lovely to see it unfold. The perfect book for anyone's who's a fan of books with witches and wants a quick, easy and gripping read.
Brittny
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 75-in-2016
Ugh- this was supposed to cure my book hangover, not cause another one! Impatiently waiting for October 11th- it can't come soon enough!
Karen (A Simple Cup of Tea)
A gothic family drama focussing on the second oldest of four witch brothers and Maggie, his friend since childhood who has a curse placed on her. Loved the family dynamics and the twists and turns!
Lisa Mandina
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good, but not perfect, I'll talk about how much I liked it and the one little thing that bothered me in a review on Lisa Loves Literature soon!
Georgiana
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is my second Gabriella Lepore novel, and I loved it. It`s not often that I enjoy YA paranormal books, and that`s mainly because they`re full of cliches. And yeah, there are a couple of eye-rolling tropes in here, but the story is beautifully executed. Teens act like teens and guess what, sometimes they take dumb decisions. But I was still able to root for them and surprisingly, I was a big fan of the developing romance. Luckily, it was not one of those cases when the romance oversh
Brittany Smith
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in return for a honest review from Oftomes publishing, and I would like to thank them again for the opportunity to read it.

Blackheath is about a family of brothers that are struggling to cope with the abandonment of their mother, return of their father, high school,raising a family and to top it off they are witches.

The story was very clearly written and the characters were approachable and very quickly you got your favourites in line. It was a quick and easy read
Cassie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I am not one to choose the easy path. After all, my dear Joel, aren’t life’s challenges what make us who we are?”

i really enjoyed this! while i did feel at times there wasn’t a whole lot happening with the plot, the characters and the nostalgic feelings i got while reading this really made up for it. this book is perfect for the fall/halloween time. i think that’s why i have such a strong nostalgic attachment to this story.

i absolutely loved joel and maggie. they’re precious and i want to
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
2.5 stars.

Maggie finds out one night at a carnival that she is cursed. She turns to the only person she can think of to help her. Joel Tomlins. The one guy she hates.

This wasn't a bad read. The relationship between Maggie and Joel could use some more work. It would have been nice to see a little more depth and growth between the two. I will read the next book.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

I love witchy, magical books, so this was right up my alley. And Blackheath--words cannot describe how much I loved this book!

It's Halloween, which means the carnival is in town! One day, while Maggie is at the carnival with her BFF Isla, Isla decides she wants to get her fortune told, so she drags Maggie along with her. Much the Maggie's surprise, the fortune teller reveals to Maggie that she is cursed! What?! Naturally, Maggie turns to the only witch in town she
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**

Blackheath is a young adult fantasy & magic novel by Gabriella Lepore. It is the first book in a new series. I found Blackheath to be an interesting and quick read. I think it will appeal to a younger, young adult audience as the writing and characters were a bit more superficial. Don't however; take that to be a bad thing. I enjoyed Blackheath and I think many readers will as well.

I find stories about witches to
Jananee (headinherbooks)
(Thank you to Gabriella Lepore for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review!)

The Rating: 4.25/5

The Overall, Non-Spoiler Review:
Let me just off by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It had a really fun, fast-paced feel to it and made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion (which is always a great thing!). I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a fast, light read that has the pacing and romance of a contemporary novel but the intriguing elements of a paranorm
Paige Green
Rating: 3/5

Genre: YA Fantasy/Paranormal

Recommended Age:

I received a free copy of this book courtesy of OfTomes Publishing. All opinions are my own.

Desperate to shake the hex, Maggie has no choice but to seek out the h
Margaux
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book I read written by Gabriella Lepore is The Witches of the Glass Castle. I enjoyed reading that and was looking forward to reading its second book. I didn't have any expectations from her back then. This time, I was apprehensive about reading another one of her books because I enjoyed TWotGC, I hoped this one won't fail me.

Maybe Lepore has a fascination with witches since this series is about them too. I don't know where she categorizes this story but I'd say it's an urban fantasy a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Oftomes Crew: November Oftomes-a-thon Book 4 46 Nov 19, 2017 01:06AM

• Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Flawless//Broken (All Things Sullied and Pure #1)
  • Falling (Falling Angels Saga, #4)
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • Because You Exist (Light in the Dark Series, #1)
  • The Blood Scion (The Scion Legacy #1)
  • Rebounding
  • The Toll
  • The Heart (The Siren, #3)
  • Guarded (The Silverton Chronicles, #1)
  • Fallen (The Transformed, #0.5)
  • Counting Shadows (Duplicity, #1)
  • Gemini of Emreiana (Gemini, #1)
  • Prophecy Girl
  • Familiar
  • Mad as a Hatter (Sons of Wonderland #1)
  • The Halcyon Bird (The Demon Catchers of Milan, #2)
  • Holding Court

The Blackheath Witches (2 books)
  • Blackheath: Resurrection (The Blackheath Witches, #2)