Start by marking “Palindrome: A Lamb and Lavagnino Mystery” as Want to Read:
Palindrome: A Lamb and Lavagnino Mystery

Palindrome: A Lamb and Lavagnino Mystery

(Lamb and Lavagnino #1)

Private Eye Frank Lamb's business is simple: He finds things. Be it the world’s hottest pepper seed in a South American dictator's safe or a pair of Italian art forgers sipping Prosecco in a Miami hotel room, he delivers the goods and collects his check, never with a smile. Work is work, and he doesn’t let it get in the way of the life he’s made for himself and his ten-yea ...more
Published June 21st 2016 by Witness Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Palindrome, please sign up.
E.Z. Rinsky The sequel should be out sometime in Spring 2017. And hopefully I can come up with a better name for it by then ;)

Start your review of Palindrome: A Lamb and Lavagnino Mystery
Chloe Moffett
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Smart, creepy, and the twists and turns blew my mind. I cannot recommend this book highly enough!
Katie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an entertaining thriller with likable characters. The plot is bold and original. This was a pretty quick read for me. The whole idea of a tape recording what someone said after they were murdered really intrigued me. Not to mention that anyone who had listened to this tape were now strange things afterward. Instantly got me hooked.

Robin
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Palindrome isn't the genre of book I usually go for, but I'd heard such good things about it that I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm glad I did. Rinsky's got a real gift for imagery and putting you in the scene without being too flowery or obvious about it. His characters and scenes come to life in a way that may want you to reconsider reading this before going to bed at night.

The story was so engaging that I ended up staying up many hours past my bedtime in order to finish it; now I'm pumped
Randy
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy good!

I've had this book for sometime now, and finally got around to reading it. Man, what a creepy book! ( And I mean in a good way). This was actually one of the most truly scary books I've ever read. Talk about tense! I barreled through this thing while I kept looking over my shoulder the whole time. Who the hell is this E.Z. Rinsky? and how does he top this one? I don't know , but I plan on reading anything I can find by this author.I love it when I get blindsided by some new author
J.L. Delozier
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elmore Leonard-ish main characters with plenty of language, violence, and some sex - not for the faint of heart. Intriguing plot.
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

I've wanted to read this book for a while, but my library didn’t own a copy, and I’m trying not to buy any books until I read more of the books I already own… But, I found an ebook through the digital library, so it’s all good now…

This was a mystery/suspense/thriller/(kinda)horror book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I just saw that the next book in the series would be published in the spring, which I will definitely read.

That’s my endorsement, so now; let’s get down to the nitty- gritty.

Nitty- Gritty:

A single fatheGritty:

Agritty.

Nitty-

Douglas R Ball
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best of books, worst of books

I rarely have a book that consumes me like this one did. And i mean consumes as literally as a book can. It took several days of productivity out of my life, yet was worth the time. I will look at this author's other work carefully and probably will succumb to try to read him again. I congratulate him on the skill, or magic perhaps that he possesses to write at this level. I would recommend this book to anyone who gets engaged in their reading beyond the norm and
Michael Lawrie
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Kept me engaged despite first person present tense which is usually a non-starter for me. There was the perfect mix of fiction noir, humor and creepiness. I found myself in turns laughing out loud and staring at the dark corners of the room with hair on end.

I would recommend this for a fun read. It's a good book. I certainly will be looking at the author's other works.
Nancy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This just wasn't for me. Lots of gratuitous violence and language, silliness and unbelievable crime story. Nothing really rang true for me. However, it was an interesting premise - that of people making a tape when someone died to try and find out what they saw on the other side.
Kelsea
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beginning to end, I simply loved it.
Pam
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual creepy far but I LIKED IT!!
RONALD EVANS
I didn't find it as convincing as others apparently did, and clearly didn't finish the story.
Joseph Van Remmen
This author has it

Read his 2 books in 2 weeks and I was trying to read slow to savor them.
Really good stuff!
alicia pedreira
Gumshoe retro

It kept me interested, good twists, but very male centric. Not thought provoking. I would recommend it as a fun read.
Deb
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of two books by the brother of one of Brendan's best friends in high school. Fun!
Ki
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own, ebook
This is my first novel from EZ Rinsky and I highly enjoyed it.

Mystery and murder, filled with lots of suspense and unnerved thrills of sleuthing around. All my favorite things put together for an adventure filled read.

Here we have Private Investigator Frank Lamb, low on funds and practically jobless, embarrassingly just got done "persuading" an overpriced ice cream seller to accept a four dollar pay for a six dollar ice cream cup with his megnun gun tied to his waist. Ye
Ellen
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is a refreshing take on the mystery/thriller. Don't get me wrong, I love Mitch Rapp, John Puller, and Jack Reacher, but they are all highly trained, big, strong, really smart guys with amazing memories who can pretty much dispense with the baddies at will. This guy, Frank Lamb, is not one of those. He's middle-aged private investigator raising a 10-year-old daughter on his own. He's a little soft, and although certainly not stupid, not brilliant either. You know, like most of us. His sideki ...more
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm trying to decide whether to rate this 3 or 4. It's a good book. I enjoyed it. I suspect ratings are somewhat inflated, but also a 3 doesn't quite do the book justice. This is a 3.6 for me that I'm rounding up to 4.

Overall, good book, fun mystery and I didn't guess the answer, but it totally make sense when it got there. I was concerned that an important question was going to be left unresolved (with an 'it's bad' excuse) but it was not. Instead cleverly just enough was given to m
Jesse
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Palindrome is a thoroughly funny and highly intriguing story whether you read it forward or backward. It hooks you on the first page with a bizarre and grotesque conspiracy that will keep you turning the page until you can discover the truth in an eerie climax that’ll haunt you long after you close the book.

Frank Lamb, Palindrome’s infinitely self-deprecating hero, is a breath of fresh air. There’s a characteristic uncertainty in his observations that make it seem like you’re figurin
Ashley Butler
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! Never read anything by the author before and I was in the mood for a horror. I stumbled across this book and decided to pick it up. I don't read as much as I think I do, so it took me a little while to get through it. I read it on my kindle almost every night before falling asleep but the last two days I couldn't put it down. It's a great thriller!
Wendy
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting book; very different. Frank "finds" things, whatever the client is looking for. A gorgeous woman hires him to find a cassette recording, made by a kidnapper, of her sister's death. She pays a lot of money and offers a lot more if Frank can recover it in a short period of time. Frank & his friend actually tie a lot of clues & ties together to figure out where the cassette is, but the trail (and the people along it) is very strange. Several deaths are involved, and the ...more
Bob Prigginstein
I went to the author's Bar mitzvah when he was just a boy! Overall, it's pretty funny that "Rinsky" isn't a palindrome but the book is called Palindrome.

Overall, I would recommend this book for insane goof balls. This book is frankly hilarious, but also includes very serious moments. The book has a beginning, but also concludes strongly. Overall, you won't be sure if you're wiping your tears from sadness or utter hilarity when you read this book.

It's very nice to see Jewish writers finally hav
Noah Rinsky
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never thought I was a fan of mystery novels, but this book might make me rethink that... The story is absolutely gripping, the characters are incredibly vivid, and the prose is smooth and often very clever. More than being just a thriller, this story actually tackles some pretty heavy questions about life after death, and offers some pretty original answers. Can't recommend it highly enough--clear your weekend schedule and enjoy!
Marcie Wegner
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised that E.Z. Rinsky is a new author. Palindrome is amazing for a debut novel. I started the book before I went to bed and figured I would read a few chapters, but before I knew it, I was finished and up way past my bedtime. Frank and Courtney are well developed and interesting. I cannot wait for another book with these characters. This is a definite read if you want a fun and exciting book that will keep you guessing.
bryan richter
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good and creepy

Really enjoyed this read. Super creepy and I was happy that I was never able to put everything together and figure it all out. I'm honestly still not sure if it's a horror, mystery, or crime novel, or if it's all three. Good stuff. Going to go look for other books by this author right now.
Dave Juni
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a mystery! After taking my shvitz, and bloating slightly I just had to hear what was on that tape. I couldn't put this book down. The humor and descriptions in this book made me laugh at inappropriate times. The author can write about intensely horrific subjects while keeping the mood light and pleasant. Reminds me of tom Robbins or Vonnegut. Highly recommended read!
Claire
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this is a debut novel! The characters are so complex, there are so many twists and turns, I couldn't put this book down! I can not wait for E. Z. Rinsky's next book! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I finished reading it. I think I'm going to have to read it again! <3 :)
Kin Lee
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Absolutely loved it. Frank and Courtney are my new favorite detectives--what incredible characters. I almost couldn't read late at night because some of the imagery is creepy as hell, haha, but wow. Such original ideas... I'm telling all my friends to read this, and can't wait for E.Z.'s next book
Haley Atkinson
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and exciting

I really enjoyed this read. The characters were funny and believable. Its definitely a thriller that keeps you guessing and doesn't disappoint, a great book to take too bedm
Mary Lanfersiek
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting with lots of twists and turns. Cannot remember ever reading a book with a similar plot. What an imagination the author has. Could not put this book down. Mr. Rinsky, I am looking forward to your next book.

• Gestalt Hospital
  • The Bones and the Book
  • Unter Haien
  • The Ripper's Wife
  • The Returns (The Returns, #1)
  • The Big Mistake Club
  • Hear No Lies (Lucy Kendall, #0.5)
  • A Broom with a View (Kentucky Witches #1)
  • The Dark Place (Gideon Oliver, #2)
  • Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)
  • Blind Trust
  • Killing Silence (The Loser Mysteries, #1)
  • Green Witch, Dead Witch
  • Don't Wake the Dead (The Wraith Files, #1)
  • His Favorite Inconvenience
  • The 13 Best Horror Stories of All Time
  • Absinthe
  • Beneath the Lighthouse

Lamb and Lavagnino (2 books)
  • The Binding