Start by marking “Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)

Read Book

Wild Thing

(Leeth Dossier #1)

IN 2036, magic returned to a world which neither needed nor wanted it. Several years later, an unusual young child is acquired by Dr Alex Harmon for his magic research at the Institute for Paranormal Dysfunction. He sets Sara to hunting an imaginary creature, unaware it is both real and far more dangerous than anyone could know.

Sara, too, though, has her own hidden dept
Published December 14th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Wild Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Thing

William Howe
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terribly awesome? Awesomely terrible?

I don't really know what to think.

The writing is very consistent. Professional grade in most aspects. No proof reading flaws to mention. The plot is...umm.

It's a strange moisture of magic and tech in a rebuilt post apocalyptic world. Not deserts and wastelands apocalypse, but magic storms and some kind of virus. Neither of which are problems for the characters.

Most of the action takes place at an asylum for the magically gifted. A cyborg dog plays a role, as
Eustacia Tan
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a hard book for me to review because I've seen it in its previous form. Yes, this is another book by someone from WriteOn.

Backstory/How I came to know about Wild Thing. Since I'm on a writing site, I do try to give feedback. Normally, though, I give feedback for the first chapter, but if the book is really good, I continue. I don't continue reading most books that I read. But, Wild Thing was one of them, even though I never really finished it. I did read a fair bit before th
Aly
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me wanting more. I love the world the author created and the character of Sara. Institute for Paranormal Dysfunction was a great idea. I like the name as well. :) This book kept me interested and wanting more. I was very excited to read this book. It had many things I love about my books Paranormal, mages, action, adventure, and much more. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Arthur Thomas
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read.

I enjoyed the original spin on magic meets an industrial; technological society. I tend to favor a story with strong but not perfect and unbeatable characters and this novel filled that bill. The adept, strong but seriously flawed characters were truly enjoyable.
Mark Sawyer
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps upping the ante.

This book is excellent at keeping the reader's interest in what will happen next. You are also kept wondering what the characters will do next, as the story is rife with morally ambiguous motivations. Looking forward to reading what happens next.
Barbara Strickland
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A series to watch
If you are looking for something new and a little different to read then Wild Thing by Australian author L.J. Kendall might be worth a try. The novel is multi-dimensional with its genres blending elements of urban, paranormal and fantasy and offering some interesting insight into a world where magic and technology rule but at the cost of what matters most in life.

World-building has been very cleverly and imaginatively created. It is well-thought out making it easier to suspend
R. Lee
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bizarrely excellent and amazing

The main character begins this adventure as a child with whom we can all empathise and feel empathy. The rape of her mind, by her adopted father does not keep us, the readers, from wanting her to succeed. Viewed from another perspective, she is being manipulated into not only a sociopath, but perhaps the most dangerous one in history. Yet, those in power not only do nothing to help her, but continue her teaching on a path to destruction for their own goals. None th
Barbara Strickland
Dec 28, 2017
Gaylynn Carter
Apr 20, 2017
Dick
rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2016
Amanda
rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
L. J. Kendall failed to drown on five separate occasions on Sydney's northern beaches. He worked in the IT R&D field while extremely happily married for 30 years to an adventurous mediaeval scholar 22 years his senior until her death in December, 2014.

His pile of books-to-be-read has grown to 240 or so, as he concentrated on working with ThEditors.com to get his first three novels ready for pu

Leeth Dossier (3 books)
  • Harsh Lessons: A cross-genre sci-fi/fantasy thriller (The Leeth Dossier Book 2)
  • Shadow Hunt (The Leeth Dossier, #3)