Start by marking “Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)

Read Book

Wild Thing

(Leeth Dossier #1)

IN 2036, magic returned to a world which neither needed nor wanted it. Several years later, an unusual young child is acquired by Dr Alex Harmon for his magic research at the Institute for Paranormal Dysfunction. He sets Sara to hunting an imaginary creature, unaware it is both real and far more dangerous than anyone could know.

Sara, too, though, has her own hidden d
Published December 14th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Wild Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Thing

Start your review of Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)
William Howe
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terribly awesome? Awesomely terrible?

I don't really know what to think.

The writing is very consistent. Professional grade in most aspects. No proof reading flaws to mention. The plot is...umm.

It's a strange moisture of magic and tech in a rebuilt post apocalyptic world. Not deserts and wastelands apocalypse, but magic storms and some kind of virus. Neither of which are problems for the characters.

Most of the action takes place at an asylum for the magically gifted. A cyborg dog plays a role, as
Eustacia Tan
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is going to be a hard book for me to review because I've seen it in its previous form. Yes, this is another book by someone from WriteOn.

Backstory/How I came to know about Wild Thing. Since I'm on a writing site, I do try to give feedback. Normally, though, I give feedback for the first chapter, but if the book is really good, I continue. I don't continue reading most books that I read. But, Wild Thing was one of them, even though I never really finished it. I did read a fair bit before th
Aly
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me wanting more. I love the world the author created and the character of Sara. Institute for Paranormal Dysfunction was a great idea. I like the name as well. :) This book kept me interested and wanting more. I was very excited to read this book. It had many things I love about my books Paranormal, mages, action, adventure, and much more. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
A little girl is kicked out of her tribe because of a vision that has revealed that this little girl will cause deadly harm to others. She is sent to live in the white man's world.

A few years later she is adopted by Dr. Alex Harmon and taken to live at the Institute for Paranormal Dysfunction where he will study Sara and instruct her in the use of magic.

Sara spends most of her days exploring the institute and wondering into places that she had not been given access to. On one such mission she m
Edwina Harvey
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read an early draft of this book quite a few years ago when the author and I were finalists in the inaugral George Turner Prize. It was wonderful to buy and read the finished, published version when it was laucned a couple of years ago, and to see how the story has evolved - and continues to evolve. I believe L.J. Kendall is about to publish the fourth volume in the Leeth Dossier series.

The series starts with the story of Sara, cast out by her community as a young child because community leade
Het
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Science fiction in a post apocalyptic type of world but also not the typical vast wastelands or super civilized. It's a mix of technology and magic.
The story mainly centered around a institute for people with special abilities, which also houses the protagonist Sara.
It’s an action packed journey with good writing and great to ignite our imagination.
But somewhere the pace gets really slow and feels like it keeps dragging on unnecessary details. Also some scenes are too obscene for me.
Overall a be
Anita
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To be honest it took me a few chapters to get used to the way the author writes. His vocabulary and just his style of writing. BUT it is truly worth it! I would highly recommend reading this book. His building of characters and ideas are brilliant. I am so looking forward to getting the next book in the series, I'm sure that his writing will only get better and that the story will be worth continuing with.
When i got into the story, I just couldn't put the book down. I was reading it on my phone
Gail
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

Absolutely loved this book. From page too page, you never know what will happen. An amazing story, with characters that intrigue and amaze you. This story draws you into its web and doesn’t release you even after the ending. It just leaves you wanting more. I am immediately reading the next book. Thanks to the author for writing this book. You have wowed me.
Virginia Serna
Arthur Thomas
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read.

I enjoyed the original spin on magic meets an industrial; technological society. I tend to favor a story with strong but not perfect and unbeatable characters and this novel filled that bill. The adept, strong but seriously flawed characters were truly enjoyable.
Mark Sawyer
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps upping the ante.

This book is excellent at keeping the reader's interest in what will happen next. You are also kept wondering what the characters will do next, as the story is rife with morally ambiguous motivations. Looking forward to reading what happens next.
Barbara Strickland
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A series to watch
If you are looking for something new and a little different to read then Wild Thing by Australian author L.J. Kendall might be worth a try. The novel is multi-dimensional with its genres blending elements of urban, paranormal and fantasy and offering some interesting insight into a world where magic and technology rule but at the cost of what matters most in life.

World-building has been very cleverly and imaginatively created. It is well-thought out making it easier to suspend
R. Lee
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bizarrely excellent and amazing

The main character begins this adventure as a child with whom we can all empathise and feel empathy. The rape of her mind, by her adopted father does not keep us, the readers, from wanting her to succeed. Viewed from another perspective, she is being manipulated into not only a sociopath, but perhaps the most dangerous one in history. Yet, those in power not only do nothing to help her, but continue her teaching on a path to destruction for their own goals. None th
Barbara Strickland
Dec 28, 2017
Gaylynn Carter
Apr 20, 2017
Dick
rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2016
Khroman
Nov 20, 2016
Roberta
Aug 30, 2016
Hauke
Sep 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wicked Wonderland (The Looking-Glass Curse #1)
  • Wrathful Wonderland (The Looking-Glass Curse #2)
  • Space Cadet (Heinlein's Juveniles, #2)
  • Mad Max & Sweet Sarah (Greek Mythology Fantasy Series Book 3)
  • The Pursuit of the Pankera: A Parallel Novel About Parallel Universes
  • Underground Spaces Unveiled: Planning and creating the cities of the future
  • The Last Page
  • The Orphan in Near-Space (The Space Orphan Book 2)
  • Effie
  • The Eons-Lost Orphan (The Space Orphan Book 1)
  • The President's Henchman (Jim McGill, #1)
  • Shapechanger's Birth (Shapechanger Tales)
  • Ebi's Visual Guide: Zoho CRM User Guide
  • Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons From Science Fiction
  • Perkins
  • Cybersecurity Is Everybody's Business
  • Raising the Bottom: Making Mindful Choices in a Drinking Culture
  • Sea Monster's Revenge (Shapechanger Tales)
L. J. Kendall failed to drown on five separate occasions on Sydney's northern beaches. He worked in the IT R&D field while extremely happily married for 30 years to an adventurous mediaeval scholar 22 years his senior until her death in December, 2014.

His pile of books-to-be-read has grown to 240 or so, as he concentrated on working with ThEditors.com to get his first three novels ready for public

Leeth Dossier (4 books)
  • Harsh Lessons (The Leeth Dossier #2)
  • Shadow Hunt (The Leeth Dossier, #3)
  • Violent Causes (The Leeth Dossier #4)