Start by marking “Selah's Sweet Dream (Dream Horse Adventures #2)” as Want to Read:
Selah's Sweet Dream (Dream Horse Adventures #2)

Selah's Sweet Dream

(Dream Horse Adventures #2)

HER DILEMMA: Grandpa wants nothing to do with horses.

THEN: Selah sees buzzards circling the grasslands behind Grandpa’s farm. They are stalking a horse trapped in wire and Selah is its only hope.

DANGEROUS: The horse is wild and defiant - jeopardizing Selah’s dreams.

FOILED: T
Published December 15th 2015 by Hastings Creations (first published December 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Selah's Sweet Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selah's Sweet Dream

Start your review of Selah's Sweet Dream (Dream Horse Adventures #2)
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Twelve-Year-Old SELAH (Say-la) aspires to be an equestrian superstar. That would require a horse.
HER DILEMMA: Grandpa wants nothing to do with horses.
DANGEROUS: The horse is wild and defiant - jeopardizing Selah’s dreams.
FOILED: The legal owner searched for the horse for two years and wants it back.
BUT: Selah is confident that God
Clare O'Beara
I definitely enjoyed this coming of age story about a girl called Selah who loves horses.

Just like every other horse-mad girl, Selah, who lives in America, makes plans for getting a horse someday. But her parents and grandfather are in no hurry for that to happen, even though Grandfather used to keep horses and his late wife won showing and reining classes. Then Selah spots a horse running wild on the open grasslands. Could this black horse be meant for her?

With other farm animals like a smart
Renee
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My daughter (12) reviewed this book for Mother Daughter Book Reviews. Here is her review:

DAUGHTER SAYS:

This book is about a girl named Selah who absolutely loves horses. All she wants is to become an equestrian superstar so she needs a horse but her grandpa wants nothing involving horses. But then, she finds a horse being stalked by buzzards. The horse is trapped in wire so she helps the horse and she wants to keep it as her own. However, her horse is very feisty and her grandpa thinks that it c
Cheryl Pilgrim
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Selah wants more than anything to have a horse of her own, and when Sweet Dream gallops into her life, she gets more than she bargained for. Selah and Sweet Dream have a special bond from the very beginning, but when there's a chance she might lose the horse of her dreams, she has to fight for what she knows is right. Selah is smart and strong and not afraid to stand up for herself--the type of character you want your children to read about. The author apparently knows much about horses and trai ...more
Tina Collins
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Selah's Sweet Dream tells the story of Selah's dream; to own a horse and to, take her dream, further to be an equestrian superstar. However, there are barriers that she must overcome to make this dream come true.

The first thing that struck me about this novel is the beautiful cover art and illustrations. This would be one book I would love to own in print. It would look so good on my bookshelf and on those of the many horse mad teenagers out there.

Selah, our young protagonist, is determined and,
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet story! I put it on my Kindle yesterday afternoon, and had it read by bedtime. It is an easy read for an adult (since it was written for tweens) but I loved it anyway. I remember reading lots of stories about horses when I was a girl, and this brought back all the love I had for horses in that era. I enjoyed the struggle that Selah went through to get her horse and learn to train it. The author added lots of horse-training tidbits that were very interesting. I enjoyed the rel ...more
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: what-an-animal
Wonderful book for ages eight years and above
Will be enjoyed by animal lovers and readers of family oriented stories.
There is a tense moment involving the cat, but all turns out well.

Selah is becoming a young woman but is still a child.
She has typical girlhood dreams and likes, including horses. She also has a legacy.
Her grandmother was an horsewoman extraordinare and her grandfather a talented equestrian trainer. Under some very unusual circumstances, a special horse comes into Selah's life, fo
Doris Combs
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I have read it to my grandkids, ages 9 and 4, several times.
Great book for all kids.
Alicia
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
An easy to read and comprehend story for young readers who love horses. They will understand the desire, determination and faith Selah exhibits to realize her dream of being an equestrian.
Sarah Falk
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! Sweet, clean, and inspiring - love to read about a young girl who dreams big, and gets to live out her dreams!
Misty Leask
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing!!

Five star rating is totally required!! It is a wonderful book and I love it!! It should have many more five star ratings!!!
Ann
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book that any horse crazy girl will love. It is a clean wholesome book with christian values worked into the story. It is full of twists and turns that will hold your attention. I received a complimentary copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
chelle reads
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A simple but lovely read about a young tween girl who desperately wants to own a horse. However, not everything in life works out that way.
But, take your chances and don't regret a thing. Work to accomplish your goals!
All in all, a new, adorable book about horses and friendship.
Chrissi
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved the story. Heartwarming and spiritual. This is a great tribute to family love and the special bond we can have with these amazing four-legged creatures.
Joanne
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This book was cute. I got it for my 12-year-old sister who is going through a horse obsession phase right now. We aren't a super religious family, but the praying and God stuff is subtle enough that it doesn't detract from the story.
Tim Gonzales
Feb 06, 2016
Diane Gingras
Apr 26, 2019
Tiffany Schlemeier
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2017
Sep 29, 2017
Christopher
Dec 14, 2016

• The Attic Tragedy
  • Winter of the Crystal Dances (Whinnies on the Wind, Book 1)
  • Code 7: Cracking the Code for an Epic Life
  • The New Girl: Book 4 - Revenge
  • A Pony for Christmas: A Montana Holiday Novella
  • Sirena
  • Some Kind of Courage
  • The Jetsetters
  • Flight: Book Two in the Defining Gravity Series
  • Born in the Saddle (Born to Ride Series Book 1)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Kit Meets Covington (Ride, #1)
  • Monday's Not Coming
  • Defining Gravity (Defining Gravity Series Book 1)
  • The Curious Case of Simon Todd
  • Pixieland Diaries
  • Sticks & Stones
As a young girl, I was captivated by The Black Stallion series. Ownership of a real horse was beyond my grasp, so I consumed horse books. I am still a devoted student of equine training techniques of all disciplines and an avid equestrian. Now caretaker of three equine blessings, I consider them a gift of His unmerited favor.

The only thing more fun than riding horses is writing stories about them.

Dream Horse Adventures (4 books)
  • Mary's Song (Dream Horse Adventures #1)
  • Selah's Painted Dream (Dream Horse Adventures #3)
  • Selah's Stolen Dream (Dream Horse Adventures Book 4)